Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine being so low-rent that loving Bellator doesn't want to do business with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They're putting the belt on Morrison aren't they

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So they've got almost 2 months of TV in the can with a brand name that may or may not still exist

Never change TNA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Can't wait until they rebrand the title yet again and put it on another WWE washout. What's Jack Swagger up to these days?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jeff Jarrett drinking himself out of the promotion might've been the most predictable outcome of all

So what happens to the AAA/NOAH/Crash partnerships? Wasn't that all Jarrett's doing?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

coconono posted:

They'll lose TV and become internet only. Its viable.

We Just Need Twitch

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

Booze isn't Jeff's only hobby.

No, he did this to be in charge of TNA again. GFW doesn't exist. It has no roster, it runs no shows, it is a few boxes of shirts and trucker hats. TNA didn't give it any publicity or promotion because it does not exist. His only play in this was to get back into TNA and make money as an executive and sometimes wrestler. He's now lost that. Literally everyone is a loser in this situation.

Didn't the Bollywood Boyz sign with WWE back when they were still "GFW tag team champions" and never even bothered dropping the belts?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm pretty sure even TNA's piddly 200K is one of Pop's highest-rated shows, if not its highest. They're probably happy to keep it around for next to nothing with the sweetheart deal they got.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So wait, their biggest show of the year is 1 1/2 months away and they don't even have a location yet? The gently caress is going on? :psyduck:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
500 is somehow optimistic given how empty the Impact Zone regularly is

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bix has a new post at Deadspin talking about the new streaming service http://deadspin.com/jumping-on-the-streaming-bandwagon-wont-get-fans-to-pay-1814080407

If Anthem is really banking on this as a huge revenue stream they, uh, might be disappointed.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Has TNA ever broken even on house show tours? It seems like they lose their shirt every time they try.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

corn in the bible posted:

that was funny because they kept pretending that jeff hardy had somehow been injured right before the tour and that there was NO WAY they could have known he wouldn't appear at any UK shows

The annual "Jeff Hardy gets randomly attacked and misses the UK tour" storyline was my favorite TNA tradition

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just a random thought, but boy did Moose's stock fall in a hurry. It wasn't that long ago that he was considered one of the hottest prospects in the country (or at least hot enough to get NXT rumors), and now nobody's talking about him. DeAngelo Williams got more buzz in a random one-off match than Moose has gotten all year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I keep forgetting Eli Drake is the champion

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Taya is good and that's the only match on the card that really piques my interest

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Does Rey even want to be a full-time guy at this stage of his career? I thought he charged crazy high prices for appearances and autographs, which is why he can wrestle like 5 times a year and still live comfortably (while saving his bad knees). There's a reason he's not eager to go back to WWE anytime soon.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Touche (TNA can't afford him anyway so this is all moot)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't she just "come back" like a month ago

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ain't he great

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't they just make a bunch of new belts with the GFW logo and rename it the GFW World Championship? Are they gonna have to do another goddamn unification match to bring back the Impact title or whatever?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

Luckily they hosed up and ordered new belts with the old logos first so they can use those!

Beautiful

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wasn't the fake MMA division one of Billy's ideas? Why is it still a thing? (I mean, other than "Moose has nothing better to do")

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I bet Storm regretted not staying in NXT the minute he saw Roode waltz in and get the belt

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
EC3's bromance with Bryan was one of the few legit good things in Game Show NXT

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I had to Google to find out who's the current X Division champ. Trevor Lee is still around, huh?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kongo Kong was always too good for TNA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why would Callis and Storm want anything to do with TNA at this point

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hasn't it been like the worst-kept secret that Ricochet is heading to WWE once his LU no-compete is up?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Strawberry Panda posted:

Roque believes he's not.

So he's definitely going there then

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember Matt Striker calling her finisher the "Saigon Slam" or something (Gail Kim is not Vietnamese)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NJPW has a good thing going with ROH and CMLL, why would they want to deal with TNA's poo poo again?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought about buying BFG just for shits and giggles, but they're still charging $50 for these so nope :stonk:

What's the over/under on buys? Is 500 too generous?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/926917007924178944

Welp, there goes the one match I was kinda interested in

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That's a loving dire card for their biggest show of the year

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It took longer than usual, but TNA finally has a strong contender for Worst Show of the Year

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The main event should've ended in a DQ at least 3 times even before Alberto ran in

At least WWE refs will have their back turned during a cheating spot, or try to get rid of the weapon, or do something instead of just standing there watching a guy swing the belt around the ring.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RealFoxy posted:

I still kinda lol that Rosemary took one of the most painful looking bumps in a match she wasn't even supposed to be in, and all that happened from the barbed wire were a bunch of paper-cut looking injuries.

I liked the part where Grado got slammed onto the barbed wire on the outside, just kinda sat there for a second then went "oh yeah this is supposed to hurt" and started selling it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Those look like the kind of obviously lovely joke pizzas that YouTubers make/eat for easy laughs and clicks. They're actually selling those for real money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Not that it really matters since the entire show was trash, but here's Dave's BFG snowflakes

X-Division 6-way ***1/4
Ishimori/Dux *1/2
Abyss/Grado 1/2
Team Impact vs. Team AAA *1/2
OVE/LAX ***
Gail/Allie/Sienna *1/4
MMA guys vs. Wrestling guys **1/4
Eli/Johnny **3/4

Surprised that Monster's Ball didn't get the full Dud, but I guess Rosemary's death bump got her a pity 1/2.