Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

I liked her when she was in Chikara, but she really wasn't that good. The biggest thing I remember about her was her botching the finish to a match with Ophidian that she screwed up so bad he actually yelled out "What the gently caress?" Also according to cagematch she's only wrestled 5 matches since October of 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I'm watching ONO Knockouts from last year...

A nearly 30 minute opening segment with Maria and Mike which is awful
First match ends with ref distraction and a countout
Second match is the Shelly Martinez - Rebel match. It's 6 minutes long, 3 minutes or so in it's bad, but nothing that bad. In just the last 3 minutes it manages to become the worst match I've ever seen on a televised event and I've been watching wrestling for almost 30 years now.
Third match finish involves a ref bump

There couldn't have been more then a few thousand people paying for these ONO PPVs could there?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

SleepCousinDeath posted:

might as well post my favorite thing featuring Bram (also ft. Kofi Kingston)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRcfPy6t7BE

I have more questions the answers...

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

rovert posted:

I don't want to zombie bump the GFW thread but it is BACK

https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/1016854640170864640?s=19

I like how each night has less and less wrestlers on it, and Colt Cabana just gets bigger and bigger on each one.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
It doesn't matter at all what Impact is up against. What really matters is their lead in audience, and the audience for the show that followed Impact. As long as Impact does well enough holding viewers, it doesn't matter. The problem is when they lose so many viewers, it's actually better for Pop to grab something cheap from syndication and put it in Impact's slot.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I'm curious, how big of a rating did the Hardy's pop in the midst of all the Broken Hardy stuff?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

coconono posted:

Not do something stupid for another 10 years. That's what they can do. As long as they produce viewership that pleases the network, they'll be fine.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

The Friday taping is going up against CMLL anniversario

Well it was a good 24 hours

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Just about everyone who went from WCW to WWE was misused, made a mockery of, or just slowly disappeared down the card out of WWE. The best thing Sting did for himself was going to TNA and becoming the one guy who wouldn't sign with WWE.

Then he signed with WWE and they had him job out to Triple H at Wrestlemania because of course they did.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Benne posted:

You know how 2001 WCW had a new booking regime and the product was actually pretty good for a while, but the damage was already done and they couldn't stop the company's death spiral?

That's, uh ... kinda the vibe I'm getting here.

Me and my group of friends would switch back and forth between WWF and WCW on Monday night until like the last two years of the war. When Vince bought WCW I thought "I should flip back and see what's going on in WCW" and I managed to tune in for Dusty wanting to make Ric Flair kiss Dusty's rear end, which was a donkey Dusty was bringing to ring that had "Dusty's rear end" written on it. I tuned out after a minute or two and just thought that nothing of value was lost.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Randaconda posted:

A small, regional Southeastern promotion may have been able to be successful after WCW died, since so many of their fans didn't go to WWE after the buyout, but TNA didn't really give people what they wanted.

People are always like "What about those hardcore southern fans WCW had?" But really, the last two years of WCW was so bad and so much more like WWF/E like then it had ever been before, that it basically killed off what was left of the hardcore WCW fanbase. I might be wrong, but I think they even struggled to draw people to shows with Flair headlining in the Carolinas. Once those people stopped caring about wrestling for 1-2 years, they were never coming back to it. Especially not a fed with the initials TNA, girls dancing in cages, midgets jerking off in trash cans and booking somehow even worse then the crash tv booking that killed WCW.

There's a small fanbase of hardcore wrestling fans who hate WWE, but for whatever reason hate Indy wrestling. So that's about the extent of TNA's fanbase over the years.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

TV Zombie posted:

What type of wrestling does this slice of fans like then? Ground based, submission wrestling?

flashy_mcflash posted:

No, they just want a WWE that isn't WWE. It's the people who still hung on through the dirt worst of WCW and were left without a home when that tanked.

Give them an overproduced big man promotion with a women's division and a cruiserweight division that they care about for an hour a year, and they'll come running. All 100K of them.

Pretty much this.

It amazes me how often I run into wrestling fans who hate watch WWE, and I'll recommend some indies they could watch and support instead. The answer will always be "They are a bunch of nobodies". I should also throw in that of course they love NXT and everyone who comes through it, but have no interest in watching indies.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Has anyone in wrestling declared retirement and actually stayed that way? I'm not talking about old age or career-ending injuries, those are a given. I mean something like the fact that Shawn Michaels was the one everyone pointed to until last month.

Sara Del Rey

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Everything about Scarlett always seems like she's trying too hard.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
So the actual "dark match" that they couldn't film because the power went out was Crazzy Steve Vs Logan James. I thought Steve had to retire due to health issues that turned up when he tried out for WWE?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
There's a lot of great Hogan stuff from his TNA stint. I just want to say my favorite is him forcing them to change Brooke Tessmacher to Miss Tessmacher, because there's only room for 1 Brooke in TNA and that's his daughter of course.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Plus it's hard to get excited over Impact signings anyway, especially after Bram signed about twenty 3 year contracts in the course of six months.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

davidbix posted:

To put this in perspective, 2009 was the year that had at least one profitable quarter.

We made a profit, now is truly the time to go all in on Hogan and Bischoff

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

overmind2000 posted:

What's the size difference between Steven Seagal on the DVD cover and in the movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KlyHwnPqns

everything

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

rovert posted:

There's smoke to this fire
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/bs8ohg/josh_mathews_regarding_impact_tv_deal_i_cant_give/

Talent has been told they will have at better home in January 2020.

Why on earth would anyone ever believe anything Josh Matthews said? He's a shill. I can see them maybe getting another deal with a third tier network like Destination America, but I don't believe for a second they are going to be on a real network again.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

how the hell did we miss that

Whose actually DVR'ing Impact? I'm surprised anyone noticed.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

It is still, and easily, the best TV deal they've had post-Spike

Hellblazer187 posted:

It's the first move in a long time where the TV deal gets better for them. Usually they just keep going down down down the TV drain pipe.

I mean is it really, when the only reason you got the TV deal is because your parent company paid out to just buy the channel?

I guess it'll be funny in a year or two when they are doing almost no ratings, and Anthem finally gives in and let's whoever is running the channel finally cancel them.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I know it's different ownership, but in the past Impact has "suspended" people immediately after taping, and then ended the suspension just in time for them to be on the next set of tapings. Elign's been a shithead for years, just fire him.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Tessa and Impact are both awful, and I feel bad for neither. That being said, didn't everything about Tessa come out right before she won the belt? They could have just not given her the belt in response and none of this would be happening.

Given Impact's history, I wouldn't do anything for them for free. If they want promos from someone whose contract is up soon and can't be there in person, they should be willing to pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Pro Wrestling Sheet says TNA have been heavily pursuing Gallows and Anderson. They've offered deals that would let them work New Japan

Only TNA would bring back Gallows & Anderson who have absolutely none of the shine they had before their WWE run, in order to bring back a stable whose existence dragged on far too long even for TNA.