Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jim Cornette is good television. I'm not gonna' break a years-long streak of not watching TNA, but Jim Cornette is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Just air the show on loving Twitch already.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

In TV terms, one million dollars for 104 hours of television per year is less than peanuts.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

exploded mummy posted:

Booker T basically is gone for almost the entirety of 2001, he starts it on the injury list, and is only around for the laast 3 or 4 weeks before the company gets sold

plus no they did not learn a single gently caress about what they wanted, because they immediately wrote off Goldberg
That was a Bischoff thing. He wanted most of the big stars off of television so he could bring them back one at a time and have them all feel fresh. He knew they'd been overexposed during a lovely time in the company's creative direction.

He later enacted this plan in TNA and it didn't work at all.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I really don't see why they don't just put Impact on Twitch. They're not making money off television in America anyway.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Austin didn't really say he was retiring. He just kind of stopped wrestling after the Wrestlemania in Seattle.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So ROH is owned by CHUDS and now TNA is in bed with the NRA.

WWE is in bed with the Saudi royal family.

I'm starting to think wrestling might have been a mistake.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

EugeneJ posted:

Impact (Formerly TNA) Wrestling Thread: Suck Dynasty
This is goooooood. It works on so many levels.

Also, it makes me feel ancient that anybody could say "there was a show called American gladiators." That show was iconic and hugely popular. It even appeared on a bunch of sitcoms and continues to be mentioned on TV.

The fact that this person, who said "there was a show called American Gladiators" was referring to the loving reboot of that show from over a decade after the original is just...

Woof.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The American Dream posted:

If you've never seen the original AG do yourself a favor and check it out. It's so much better then the similar shows today because they don't waste a ton of time with the competitors back stories.
Plus Rico Constantino shows up at one point.

I wonder if he still wrestles.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm not in on the joke. What's with the Steiner dad thing?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That's awesome.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

There is no good reason for Impact to be on television anymore. What little identity it had died within weeks of Vince Russo getting the book back on Spike and Hogan and Bischoff worsened that, and now it can just be a decent indy on the internet with a lot of company history out of which 5% is useful as their canon past and another 5% is useful for highlight reels and even that is being generous.

If they can get their subscribers up and then turn PPVs into subscriber-only live shows, that might be viable, maybe, but the economics of that don't seem great.

ROH had their chance to become #2, but even their scummy Fox News but now Every Local News Show parent company wouldn't put twenty bucks toward that goal, so I guess #2 is now AEW's spot to gain and/or lose.

I haven't seen Impact since I think the Aces and Eights angle, but I remain entirely unsurprised that it's gotten a lot better under D'Amore, since he was their best booker to begin with with his weird, outlandish ideas about figuring out a good pay-per-view, then booking backwards from there for television.

Imagine that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

exploded mummy posted:

they're owned by a TV company who uses it to fill their programming blocks in Canada
I forgot about Canada. I suppose what I said still stands for the states.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm gonna' watch Impact for the first time in like five years. Pray for my soul.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I don't know who any of those people are.

Edit: Where's this taped? Are they back at Universal?

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 19, 2019

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This is pretty boring.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The second time Josh showed up I tapped out. That guy is such a douchebag.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So WWE, ROH, and TNA are all in bed with nazis.

This is cool and normal.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

And all because Dixie couldn't obey Spike's "don't loving re-hire Vince Russo" edict.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

When your whole brand is "Not WWE," god help you if other, better promotions eat that lunch.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Stick a fork in it, man. It's finally done.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Too many people and teams in wrestling just have initials, so I've never heard of this guy, but gently caress him, because I'm cranky and old.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Chris Rock saying TNA is the best wrestling so he could shoot a scene for one of his movies was pretty out there.

Didn't they get Lou Farigno to do a pre-tape, or was that latter-day WCW?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Y'know, they could've just kept D'Amore and Mantel and not hired Vince Russo.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rob Dam Van!

DOODOODOODOODOOODOODOO!

THE SHOW F'N HOLE!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

There's like ten thousand reasons Steven Seagal sucks, so I'm disappointed that you've all resorted to lazy fat shaming.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Low Desert Punk posted:

y'know, I never complain about wrestlers doing stupid bumps but I've always thought this was one of the most stupid, dangerous, pointless bumps I've ever seen in my life when you take into consideration that it didn't even look good. so joe killed his back for basically nothing
He hasn't been the same since. It was instantaneous.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

TNA is cursed.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Kins posted:

It's sort of like how a shrine or temple in Japan can be destroyed completely and rebuilt with entirely new materials, but it's still considered the exact same temple and not a new one.
This is George Washington's axe. We've replaced the hilt six times and the blade five times, but it's his.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Y'know what I don't loving understand? You're on Twitch. You're running shows on the internet. You're not beholden to a television network's schedule.

Why in god's name would you choose to air on Friday? People go out and do poo poo on Friday!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Already wasn't watching because it's on Friday and I do things on Fridays, but now I'll be not watching on purpose.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coconono posted:

AXS is the old man in khaki cargo jorts channel.
How can shorts be both khaki cargo and jorts?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Nothing can wash off the stink of disappointing fans for almost 2 decades at this point.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Hey man, it's not like they've had their lights go out during an :aronrex: match lately!
Somebody paid money for that smiley.

They should've paid money for a Normal Smiley smiley.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coconono posted:

Norman Smiley is a bootlicker.
Aww. I didn't know. Is he poo poo too?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dave's always been pretty open about the fact that a five-star match doesn't happen in a vacuum and the booking and crowd reaction are a big part of it, which frankly makes it ridiculous that individual workers would use him as an arbiter of whether or not something's good, but yeah. By those criteria, WWE isn't going to have a five start match for a very long time.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

davidbix posted:

Nil. Jeff has, thankfully, been over that poo poo for years.
Agreed, but that's not why. Jeff knows Russo sold him down the river to Dixie and network execs and convinced Destination America that Jeff had sold them a bill of goods.

I doubt they're friends anymore.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's time. It really is. ROH overtook them by default as TNA fell on its rear end and AEW is the new hope for competition.

The brand is so, so tainted.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is TNA actually good again or is it just good for TNA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DoctorGonzo posted:

This company had his time, now is the time to die.
It's been on its deathbed for years and it refuses to just close its eyes and let go.