Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Gonna be honesty I don't see whats so bad about it

its literally the only thing that has put TNA in the news in months

People in their exclusive footage: Jeff Jarrett many times, Vampiro many times, Borash, Karen Jarrett.

Not in the clip beyond what was televised: Rosemary.

Rosemary has said her piece and there's nothing left to tell. This will be a pathetic Jarrett fluff piece, which will probably leave out that he spent half an hour that evening shitfaced throwing tortillas at the crowd and getting plunked with beers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The only thing I'm looking forward to on this ppv is how they explain away suspending Alberto and stripping him of the title because of dropped battery charges. Will he cut a fiery babyface promo about the man, shoot on their apparent breakup, or just no show?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Sami Callihan and Jimmy Jacobs debuted to absolute silence, and they gave an abusive drug addict 15 minutes to rant about how he was innocent.

It was everything we should have expected.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The next 4 months of TV are going to be the same 30 wrestlers they brought to Ottawa in front of the same 20 paid fans. All possibly unspoiled because no one cares to go and report it. This is going to be unbelievable television.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

grack posted:

How is Jerry Lawler still alive much less still working?

Had his on-schedule wrestler heart attack induced by elbow drops instead of cocaine and surrounded by EMTs.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Trying to imagine being a very casual Impact fan who doesn't pay attention to dirt sheets blows my loving mind.

The ring is different every 3 months. There are new authority figures without explanation. Sometimes they're in a high school gym. Sometimes they play matches from other promotions.

Dozens of wrestlers disappear and are never referenced again. Another dozen show up and win all the titles.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Listening to John and Wai, and they brought up something amazing: Borash was going to host the new flagship program of Live Audio Wrestling for Anthem. A little bit of extra karma for them.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/969693791828496387

https://twitter.com/TheSamiCallihan/status/969696035864899584

https://twitter.com/KassiusOhno/status/969799471650492416

Is there anything worse in wrestling since 2017 than "whatever, I'm poo poo but I'm making money"?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I can't wait for that dipshit to make a shirt with the kid's face covered in spit and the phrase "I SPIT ON A CHILD (with my mouth)" at the bottom.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

J-Ro posted:

"gently caress Del Rio" chant, lmao.

It's surprising almost every match doesn't start with that chant, tbh.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Benne posted:

Impact fired Alberto lmao

Yikes.

quote:

One story that has been shared amongst the wrestlers today is that Impact head Ed Nordholm was staying in the same hotel as Patron and attempted to check on him but was unable to do so. PWInsider can also confirm that there was great concern last night about Patron's well-being amongst those in company management to the point that there was talk of calling police to make a wellness check on him.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
If Impact made a switch from storyline heavy weekly episodic show with a rotating but core roster, and committed to what they've seemingly accidentally been in the past year, which is bringing in as many decent indie guys as they can every 3 months for tv tapings and culminating in a supershow, I feel like they could really pick up some momentum. Their Twitch streaming, wrestlecon, the LU partnership, tonight's show, there's a decent amount of goodwill right now.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Pentagon as Impact champion and making appearances in different companies would have been a lot more eyes on Impact, so of course they make him look like a dork because they already taped LU.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

rovert posted:

Moose kinda freaked people out backstage after the PPV on Sunday and then on Monday tweeted and later deleted "C T E":

https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/1023383914650460161

He did play in the NFL too obviously so I hope he will be okay.

I truly cannot believe that there are still wrestling news sites with articles like

- a guy had a frightening concussion
- here's a workout video from retired divas
- here's a lady's theme song

and hot user comments like "I've never been big on humanity, but drat if she isn't the best looking one."

loving hell.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

So....

Global Force Wrestling is suing Impact over copyright infringement. :laffo:

Jarrett must be running low on global force gold.

Somehow this will end once again with Jarrett getting part ownership of Impact, and yet another Global Force takeover that lasts 3 months until Jarrett falls off the wagon.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Abyss's hall of fame induction and the whole last week of build have been about Aries being a piece of poo poo, but no-selling a championship match finish and swearing at an announcer, completely ignored by commentary and being the only talk after a really good show, is weird and bad, and reads like Aries learning he was fired just before he went out tonight.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Apparently Impact only did 98,000 viewers in their new timeslot.

...Yikes. That is real bad news for them.

They lost more than half their audience with that time change and since a pretty great PPV. POP clearly wants them gone.

Sept. 27: 222K / 0.06
Sept. 20: 229K / 0.05
Sept. 13: 258K / 0.07
Sept. 6: 236K / 0.05
Aug. 30: 225K / 0.07

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Was there ever an explanation for Aries no selling the finish at BFG or did everyone just forget about following up on it?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Just for a little perspective, Impact is hoping to get 15000 subscribers on Twitch by March. That's only $37500 dollars per month. That would also make them the 16th most subscribed-to channel on the whole site, which is absolutely impossible for something that only runs new content for two hours a week. It's an interesting goal, and good on them for letting more people see their shows, but it's not sustainable.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I'm stoked to see 15000 of these notifications on my live Impact tonight.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Someone who knows Twitch culture is definitely running this stream, which is a nice surprise. No glitches, quality and timing are good, filling commercial breaks with old footage to entice twitch subscriptions for those without adblock. This is cool.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

The kangaroo!

Unbelievable charisma and hardcam awareness.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Josh Mathews wearing his 8th grade graduation suit.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Scarlet walks this weird line for me. Like, it MIGHT be massively demeaning and misogynistic and I'm not sure I'd argue with anyone who says it is. But like the entire thing is her making fools of every guy she meets and making them do whatever she wants while never actually DOING anything sexual for them.

Like even there the spoilers were like "Scarlet gave Steiner a lapdance" and she just kind of circled 2 feet around him and kissed him on the cheek and was done. But the dude who's basically made his gimmick trying to rape women was putty in her hands.

Yeah, I was super negative about that spoiler but it ended up with her basically coming out, promoting herself, getting a nostalgia act to put her over and beat up some guys she doesn't like, and then she took off while wearing an average wrestling outfit.

It's not high-brow, but it's not as bad as it looks. I hope.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Baron Corbin and Bobby Lashley have made Seth Rollins pass out...

That was actually as good as they could have possibly done since they had a bunch of storylines continuing, and the Twitch stream was perfect. A fine "debut".

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

This sounds bad (is bad) but don't forget that Anthem has a stake in Pursuit so Impact has no impetus to get advertisers anyway.

It certainly makes me wonder why they didn't put it on at a more reasonable time though, if tv ads are pointless. Did someone at Twitch tell them this was the best time to air?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Show is indeed pretty good so far. But also uh
https://twitter.com/packerman120/status/1148011303744790528

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I love that they aren't using a gimmicked or typical wrestling ladder, it's a full on Menards special.

OK, wasn't expecting a super tombstone onto tacks.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
At least we get the sound byte "what a piece of garbage Michael Elgin is"

Why's Rhyno here?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I have no idea what to think of that. Tessa's incredible though.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vU6maUVgbI

SRS from Fightful outright saying TNA didn't have the budget to provide catering to the last set of tapings

"We'll start paying for your hotel costs"
30 minute of good news exposure, two weeks pass
"Buy your own food tho"

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Not only did Impact have a ppv this weekend that didn't get a thread, but there wasn't a single post in this one for that entire day. That's amazing.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 21, 2019

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

J-Ro posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/1186088298453913601

Edit: don't doubt that both WWE and AEW said no to him, tbh.

It's hard to fault a decision where you can do your indie thing as well as have a ""consistent"" "paycheck" and be on "tv". But the prospect of signing to Impact when they're at that confident phase of having a new channel, before it all comes crashing down again, that's, uh, sure. At least it wasn't AEW.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

oh but seriously I posted:

i have not watched the match but old man shamrock's steroid physique is worth at least *1/2

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1186113708508045314

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Does this meme still work if they haven't been on a real network in 5 years?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Nothing Impact does means poo poo until they remove the serial predators and harassers at the top.

Firing rapists doesn't deserve praise and they knew about Elgin for months.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Impact, still just casually having their world champion's contracts set to expire before the next PPV. Amazing.

Tessa's awful for her own reasons but Impact is really showing its whole dysfunctional rear end yet again.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 26, 2020