Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

No, he did this to be in charge of TNA again. GFW doesn't exist. It has no roster, it runs no shows, it is a few boxes of shirts and trucker hats. TNA didn't give it any publicity or promotion because it does not exist. His only play in this was to get back into TNA and make money as an executive and sometimes wrestler. He's now lost that. Literally everyone is a loser in this situation.

Jeff Jarrett is Raul Julia M. Bison and Anthem is an exasperated Sagat, waving around handfuls of useless Bison Bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

RZApublican posted:

TNA could actually turn this into a good thing if they just start showing reruns of old Impact episodes. Just imagine the buzz it'll generate when Samoa Joe wrestles Kurt Angle!

I'd be down for Godfrey Ho Presents Impact.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Venomous posted:

what the hell could Derrick Bateman even do in the WWE these days? Dibiase ripoff? Underboss type for Daniel Bryan? idk

Fashion criminal.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gavok posted:

I'd be down for Godfrey Ho Presents Impact.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Oh nice, you guys got Chris Hero's final Chikara appearance.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

EDIT: I just checked the author of the article I snagged these photos from and its.... GAVOK?!?!

Probably the least surprising thing at this point.

I have gradually become Captain Yesterday.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TNA is that "Pick Me Up" light grenade from Mom and Dad Save the World.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

skaboomizzy posted:

Everything since then has been like watching someone fart so hard their skeleton flies out of their butt and the rest of them careens around the room like when you blow up a balloon and let it go, only for three years.

That's impressive. My record is only twelve minutes.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

if the Warrior at the height of his popularity wasn't a draw who the gently caress was

Hogan got to feud with Earthquake after Warrior became champ. Warrior got stuck feuding with Rick Rude for the second time in a year and then became the sixth man in the LOD vs. Demolition feud. It didn't draw so well and he never kept himself together long enough to get a second chance.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

Warrior drew so poorly his hate speech tour got cancelled after three dates.

Warrior drew so poorly the last issue of his comic couldn't afford color.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

flashy_mcflash posted:

According to an attendee on The Board, they ran out of beer halfway through, used portapotties for bathrooms, and the roof was leaking all night.

What's Leakee doing in the Impact Zone?!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Luigi Thirty posted:

ADR no-showed his ama in r/mma lol

He realized he'd follow every answer with, "But you already knew that," and considered the whole situation pointless.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

The Shera Shake, so it goes :(

Shake...?

Shake?!

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jerusalem posted:

RIP Alberto's butthole

Big hole, fairly quick.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

The head writer of LU is a big fat Trump guy! This will be twice as good with twice the white nationalism.

If you're talking about Van Wagenen, he publicly renounced Trump after the whole "Mexicans are rapists" thing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

Nah not him, DeJoseph was really going at it with people during the inauguration.

Ah, gotcha.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so he supported trump for all of two minutes? That line was from his speech announcing he was running

Van Wagenen was a big part of the Apprentice, so he had a noticeable connection to Trump.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

The Piper story mostly happened.

What's that one about?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

STAC Goat posted:

I thought she kind of had a reputation for that kind of stuff going back to Chikara. Am I misremembering?

I don't know if she did, but if she did, I don't see what she got out of it. Even with the whole "We have a woman who fights men!" novelty behind her, she never had any major wins or notable moments and only played second fiddle to Sara Del Rey.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Let's remember spike by remembering the dumbest poo poo about them

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

exploded mummy posted:

his name is actually Drake Maverick

If he's on 205 Live, then who's going to stop Mega Volt and Quackerjack's reign of terror?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DJExile posted:

impact could run opposite a test pattern and they'd still lose

And he's dead!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The Kins posted:

Just a graceful closure, like it was going "Yeah, you're not topping this."

That doesn't sound on-brand for the Godfather series.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

fart blood posted:

Ya know what was a good game? Vigilante 8.

They should bring that franchise back

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The future stuff from that game took place in late 2017 and that hit me harder than the whole Back to the Future Part II situation from 2015.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gorgolflox posted:

Still waiting for a Critical Depth sequal

Still waiting for the Soviet Diehards ending from that game to stop giving me night terrors.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

That reminds me, the YouTube series Death Battle has a pretty good episode about Sweet Tooth vs. The Joker. The animation and voice work for the fight itself is really well done.

Though the best episodes of Death Battle are Wolverine vs. MSG Raiden and Balrog vs. TJ Combo. It's a fun series. Unlike Impact.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

ChrisBTY posted:

Now that I think about it there are very few PS1 games that have aged well.
Symphony of the Night.
Metal Gear Solid, maybe.
And um...poo poo.

The Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game. The Dreamcast version looked better, but the PS1 version had the brilliant Super Story Mode. It was like the fighting game version of 2K Showcase, but with kickass minigames thrown in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It's weird looking at this thread these days because I don't even know what TNA is anymore. Like, who is the figurehead? Everyone important who represents TNA is gone. Jarrett's gone, Dixie's gone, Corgan's gone and so on.

TNA's shambled on as a walking corpse for so long but now it's really just a husk with no identity.