Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
That show was Really loving Bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

What happened?

Alberto ran in, beat down both guys then put unconscious Eli on top of unconscious Johnny to retain the title.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

oatgan posted:

The main event should have been ruled a no contest

I guarantee the only reason they didn't do that was because they didn't want to send the fans home unhappy with a non-finish in the main event.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Imagine leaving that PPV happy under any circumstance

Being Alberto, or being high on coke.

But I repeat myself.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
He also really didn't want to take the Black Hole Slam on the barbed wire for the finish.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
If they'd been bothered about good taste they'd have cut the Monsters' Ball too.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
The pulled pork one is quintessential Impact - sounds good on paper but it's when you see it in the flesh that you realise the true horror.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
They'll probably do what most scumbag companies do and try to persuade young professionals to do it unpaid because it's "great exposure" and "looks good on the resume".

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Testekill posted:

So yes, Gail Kim was the road agent for her final match where she went over the top KO heel and the second most over KO babyface completely clean and retired with the title.

Firstly, "road agent" doesn't mean she had any impact on the result, and secondly, all the hosed-up booking on the show and you're going to complain that Gail put herself over too much?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm legit surprised that they haven't brought him back recently. Maybe he's got a real job that pays better.

Maybe Shane Douglas got him a job at Target.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Thauros posted:

http://shoptna.com/ego-better.aspx

I have no clue who this shirt was actually for but wouldn't It be more cost-effective just to pretend it's a new shirt for Ethan Page now that he's there?

Daniels, Kazarian and Roode.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Russo only knows one word beginning with V.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

grack posted:

It's like you're not even trying

Visored Kosher Merchants is a gimmick I can get behind.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Who the gently caress is in charge of that promotion so that instead of calling a 10-minute intermission and sending the ring crew out to tighten the ropes they've just said "yeah this will look fine for TV"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

Vince is an extremely hosed up individual who if he hadn't been the son of a wrestling promoter would have died in a shoot out with the cops over a bag of biker coke.

He's still got time.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

joylessdivision posted:

God help me I know who the current NWA champion is and that's more than I can say for Impact.

I only know this cause the title change was a random midcard match at Cage of Death.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

EDIT: Wait, that Eli/ADR match isn't even in TNA

Impact have been contracting their talent out to tape matches on various indie shows to save money.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

grack posted:

Uh, no. Jeff Jarrett needed to realize that Vince Russo is one of the very worst writers in the history of professional wrestling.

Fixed for accuracy.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Didn't you hear? He's the best in the world.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
AFAIK the "prizes" were Knockouts title, a match of your choosing, Tara's spider, and striptease.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I would say "if they're promoting it showing on Twitch they've obviously made sure it's OK first" but, y'know, TNA.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Oh my god most of their twitch channel is going to be advertising WWE stars

They don't really have much choice - if they left out all current/former WWE names they'd only have Storm, Abyss and some X-division guys.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Don’t forget Rellik (killer spelled backwards).

He was Johnny the Bull in the WWE version of the FBI.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RZApublican posted:

Even on Twitch the Hulkster means buys, brother

He's got the biggest apms in the world!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
"100 pounds of protective barrier" :lol:

e: as bad as Shaw was as a wrestler he's ten times worse at commentary. Just excruciatingly bland, when he says anything at all, which is hardly ever.

ee: wait that's it? that was loving terrible.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 18, 2018

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Piledrivers are really safe and easy to protect, even the cradle one.

Having said that, an ex-NFL player is going to be a lot more prone to getting things wrong than a career wrestler, and on a list of moves you really don't want to gently caress up, a piledriver is way up there.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Watched Barbed Wire Massacre - that was the match that was "too violent for TV"? I can think of multiple Abyss matches off the top of my head that were more violent, and it's not even in the same league as the Hell of War match.

the best bit was the guy who came out in all white then didn't bleed a drop all match

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

oatgan posted:

perhaps it was not truly too violent for tv but merely a swing at getting eyeball on their twitch channel

Reports were that it was going to be on Konnan's Twitch channel, which sounded very much like a last-minute "well we've already shot this, might as well try to get some viewers out of it" decision. Even if it was on their own dedicated channel using "most violent match ever" to promote a relatively unviolent match is the kind of bait-and-switch that isn't going to win you repeat viewers.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Isn’t shera like shockingly bad

Imagine Jinder but taller, chubby, and a lot less mobile.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
WWE have already got more cruisers than they know what to do with, the last thing they need is to hire half of the X Division as well.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Holding live events on consecutive nights on opposite sides of the country sounds like a super terrible idea.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I assume they're not moving infrastructure cross-country, but even booking talent for both shows is going to go to poo poo if there's a flight delay/cancellation.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Tournament of Death has been on DJ Hyde's family's farm in Delaware for two or three years now.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

DJExile posted:

When their servers couldn't handle the traffic, TNA asked fans to illegally download the episodes from bit torrent websites.

Is it still illegal if the copyright owners are giving permission for people to do it?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
If Impact v Mundo is the main event then I hope Sami Callihan v Jeremiah Crane is the semi-main.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Sami should 100% be fired for that, and (if it wasn't him) whoever came up with that spot too. Someone that reckless with the talent's health should have no place in the industry.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Personally I'm wondering where Future Billy Corgan has parked his DeLorean.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Also everyone who's not a TNA-exclusive fan already knows the result since EC3 showed up at TakeOver Philadelphia.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

rovert posted:

dsriggs this is your reply to me every time. It is beyond tedious. I contribute more to this forum than you do.

It should be clear who and the calibre of talent I was referring to. It wasn't Kevin Matthews. Buy a clue.

Your "contributions" to this thread are a) reposting publically-available tweets as if they're some huge scoop and b) making the vaguest and most cryptic posts possible so that whenever something happens you can dislocate your elbow patting yourself on the back because you "called it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

It's the same as Bischoff. It's why they actually kind of worked as on-screen characters, they're actually charismatic guys in real life.

They'd have to be to keep getting as many second chances as they have.