Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:siren: THE FORUMS FAVORITE WRESTLER TOURNAMENT HAS ENDED, HELP PICK THE NEXT TOURNAMENT! :siren: : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826085

Raw Results
  • Raw was in Pittsburgh, and home-town hero and Raw GM Kurt Angle came out to thank the fans for all their support, reminding them that it was the 21st Anniversary of winning an Olympic Gold Medal with a broken freaking neck. As he went to leave, Brock Lesnar's music played and the man himself came out along with Paul Heyman. Heyman claimed that Angle was stacking the deck against Brock by making him face Samoa Joe, Roman Reigns AND Braun Strowman at Summerslam, and that if Brock did lose he was going to leave WWE and Heyman would go with him. But he insisted that wouldn't happen, that Brock was going to go into Summerslam as Universal Champion and leave it as Universal Champion.

• The Hardy Boyz defeated The Club, with the Revival on guest commentary talking poo poo. Postmatch, the Hardyz attacked Revival, with both Matt and Jeff giving Dawson the Twist of Fate, then hitting Poety in Motion from the entranceway onto Dash Wilder and Karl Anderson.

• Backstage, Renee Young interviewed Dean Ambrose and asked if he and Rollins were going to be a team again. Ambrose admitted that it felt good to be working with Rollins again, but when Seth showed up to enthusiastically agree he walked away saying he didn't trust him. Sheamus and Cesaro mocked Rollins, saying that his relationship with Ambrose was the exact opposite of theirs - at first they couldn't stand each other and then they grew to be great teammates/friends.

• Tozawa, Swann and Cedric Alexander beat Daivari, TJ Perkins and Tone Nese in a six man tag to highlight the Cruiserweights. Tozawa, whose shoulder is taped up, got put into a rough submission but he refused to tap out even at the urging of his manager Titus. Swann made a blind tag to Tozawa which enabled him to get the pin on TJP with the Senton Bomb. Tozawa and Daivari will fight on 205 Live to decide the Number One Contender for Neville's Cruiserweight title.

• Jason Jordan was the guest on MizTV, with Miz's "Miztourage" of Maryse, Axel and Bo in attendance. Miz offered Jordan the chance to shine as a part of the Miztourage but Jordan was having none of it. Miz claimed Jordan obviously thought he could coast along on daddy Angle's coat-tails, then claimed that Angle was a wreck who wasted the majority of his career. He said that Pittsburgh cheered for Angle because they identified with him - a guy who blew his potential and wasted his life, and now dreamed of glory days that would never return. Jordan warned Miz not to talk poo poo about his beautiful Olympic father, and when Miz went to attack him Jordan turned it into a Belly-to-Belly Suplex that sent Miz flying in Bo and Axel as they tried to rescue him.

• A Roman Reigns vignette saw him talk poo poo about Joe and Braun, claiming neither of them were as good as him and that without distractions he could beat either of them. He said he was the only person who could beat Brock at Summerslam.

• Seth Rollins faced Sheamus in revenge for his earlier taunts. Rollins defeated Sheamus despite interference from Cesaro, but after the match they jumped him and gave him a beatdown. The crowd chanted for Ambrose who was nowhere to be seen, but when Sheamus/Cesaro returned for a further beatdown he finally ran down to make the save. Sheamus and Cesaro got the best of him however, but after beating him down he motioned to them for more so they gave it to him, leaving both Ambrose and Rollins laying.

• A Special Olympian had a video package produced, to celebrate his efforts. He was in attendance in the crowd. It was quite sweet.

• Bray Wyatt did a promo warning Balor that he was inescapable, a force that was always watching and waiting. Balor was an infection for the fans, he gave ordinary men the mistaken belief they could be extraordinary, but Wyatt saw right through him - he was a "never-was", "yesterday's promise" for a tomorrow that would never come. Bray posed post promo in a Christ pose, when the beating of a heart/dimming of the lights signalled the arrival of Balor, who appeared in an identical pose inside the ring, back turned to Bray. When Bray tried to attack, Balor hit the Pele Kick and then a dropkick through the ropes and then another over the ring barricade, leaving Bray on his rear end in the midst of the fans while Balor posed to the crowd from the ring.

• Braun did a backstage video promo growling he wasn't like most men - he doesn't discuss his problems over the phone or by sitting down across from them. He just beats the poo poo out of them. He promised that tonight he would reduce both Roman Reigns and Samoa Joe to bruised flesh and broken bones, so he could have Brock Lesnar all to himself at Summerslam.

• Roman Reigns defeated Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman in a long and very well recieved match. They were in and out of the ring all through the match, dominance shifted between all three and all were saved at various points by others breaking up pins or submissions. In the end, Roman got hold of the steel steps and took out Braun, getting him out of the ring, speared Joe and finally got a pinfall victory over him. Post-match, Braun stood in the middle of the ring glaring down the ramp at Roman, while Joe was ringside clutching his stomach and looking furious.

• Enzo approached Big Show backstage to apologize for getting him involved in his business with Cass, but thanking him for having his back. Show told him that Enzo may have gotten him involved, but that he felt Cass needed a lesson in respect and he was going to give it to him.

• Elias Samson wanted to thank the people of Pittsburgh for inspiring his song, which was about how much Pittsburgh sucks. He got a fair way through before being interrupted by the arrival of Kalisto. Samson took most of the match and pinned Kalisto clean.

• Backstage, Alexa Bliss was interviewed and claimed she was ecstatic that Bayley was the number one contender for her title, because she had beaten her so easily in the past and would do so again. She mocked Sasha for losing to Bayley, pointed out that Sasha was on the other side of the country on a promotional tour and therefore wouldn't be there to help Bayley in her match against Nia Jax tonight, demonstrating what a bad friend she was.

• Shirtless Seth Rollins thanked shirtless Dean Ambrose for coming out to help him, but Dean accused him of setting himself up to take a beatdown from Sheamus and Cesaro in order to force Dean to help him. He claimed that if their situation was reversed, there is no way that Seth would have come out to help him.

• This happened:

• Bayley sold an arm injury and made her comeback one-armed. After a crossbody onto Nia on the outside, she spotted Alexa Bliss running to attack her and took her out. Nia jumped Bayley, took time to make sure Alexa was okay and then ran at Bayley who dodged her, Nia hitting the stairs instead. Bayley jumped back into the ring in time for Nia to get counted out. Bayley ducked out of the ring still selling the arm as Alexa tried to get at her again, leaving Alexa and Nia watching her from the ring as she headed up the ramp. She posed for the crowd who seemed sadly mostly indifferent after the ending.

• Backstage, Cass told Renee that Big Show couldn't teach him respect since he clearly had none for himself if he was hanging out with Enzo now.

• There was a recap of the Jordan/Miz confrontation from earlier in the night. Just a recap, they didn't say it was leading to something or announce a match etc. Just replayed the footage.

• Enzo introduced the main event with a bizarre promo about eating banana skin.

• Big Show jumped Cass as he got into the ring. The ref broke them up and called for the bell, and the match started properly. Big Show had the early advantage but Cass took control and was dominating when Enzo jumped him which caused the ref to call for a DQ and give the win to Cass. Cass beat up Enzo and mocked him for disrepecting him, then turned around and took a KO Punch from Big Show. Show helped Enzo up the ramp as the show went off the air.

Smackdown Results
  • A recap of Chris Jericho's surprise return and the triple threat that lead to AJ Styles regaining the US Title from Kevin Owens, and the announcement of Owens vs AJ tonight. Plus as announced by GM Daniel Bryan last week, the dream match of John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura will be tonight.

• AJ Styles defeated Kevin Owens to retain his US Title. The ending was controversial, after a (lovely looking) ref bump caused by Owens that lead into a roll-up pin by AJ, with the ref counting three despite Owens' shoulder clearly being up. The ref's eye was hurt by the bump (caused by Owens) but Owens was still furious since his shoulder was clearly up. An EMT helped the ref out, AJ left with the belt, and Owens was left gaping in the ring insisting that his shoulder was up and pointing to a replay on the tron that also clearly showed his shoulder was up.

• Backstage the ref was getting his eye checked when Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon showed up to tell him he'd made a bad call and he should have called in a second ref after he was hurt. They assured him they'd sort the problem out, but then Owens showed up screaming, shoved the ref over and refused to calm down as Shane and Bryan tried to explain to him they were actually on his side and trying to fix the problem. Shane assured him he would get a title rematch at Summerslam, but Owens wasn't satisfied, demanding a special referee with two eyes who wouldn't fall over at the first gust of wind. Bryan got involved (and threatened physicality when Owens threatened him for touching him) and told him Shane would be that special ref. Owens was infuriated, flinging over a table and storming out.

• The Usos did a mock version of New Day's entrance, fooling the crowd completely with their BIG E vocal impersonation. They mocked The New Day's entrance and characteristics.

• The Fashion Police did a Twin Peaks parody, officially making them the best loving thing in the entire universe holy poo poo. Tyler Breeze and an amazing new noticeboard considered how to find the missing Fandango. Fandango showed up walking/talking backwards, accompanied by the Ascension, one of whom was carrying a log. Breeze flew into a panic because he couldn't deal with the metaphors, then woke up in his office and declared to "Diane" that he knew who kidnapped Fandango. This was loving beautiful. You could hear the crowd laughing and applauding as they watched.

• Aiden English sang a song about beating Sami Zayn as he walked to the ring. The crowd didn't particualarly care about the match outside of English's entrance but were as shocked as Sami was when English got the win out of nowhere on him. Afterwards Maria and Mike Kanellis came out to declare they loved each other and they loved that Sami lost. Their theme music played again and they left.

• Naomi and Becky defeated Carmella and Nattie in a tag match, with Naomi making Carmella tap out.

• Jinder Mahal was interviewed backstage and said he has no prefence for a winner between Cena and Nakamura, his only interest was in getting to his skybox to watch this so-called "dream match", and whoever won he would defeat at Summerslam.

• Rusev submitted Chad Gable in a surprisingly lengthy and well-recieved match. The crowd wasn't particularly into it at first but as it went along they got more and more into Gable who did some very impressive things. Rusev was equally as good and they traded a few solid false finishes before Rusev finally managed to get him into the Accolade. After the match, Rusev got a mic and declared nobody could beat him and that everybody was scared of him, which was why he had no opponent at Summerslam. As his music played, it was cut off by the arrival of Randy Orton. He got a mic, got into the ring and said Rusev had never beaten him, and he accepted his challenge for Summerslam. Rusev laughed and cut a promo in Bulgarian (best part was Randy listening like maybe he might be able to get the jist of it), then tried to jump Randy who hit him with an RKO.

• Naomi vs Carmella in a one-on-one match was announced for next week.

• The main event, as it should have been, was John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura for a shot at Summerslam against Jinder Mahal. Jinder was watching from his skybox with the injured Singh Brothers. Highlights of a good but not great match included Nakamura grabbing at his eyes in astonishment after Cena did the U Can't See Me gesture at him; Cena turning Shinsuke inside out with a clothesline after escaping an armbar by rolling it into a pin; Nakamura kicking out of a surprise AA and turning a second into a Guillotine Choke which got turned back into ANOTHER AA transitioned into a fourth that Shinsuke escaped before hitting a Kinshasa and defeating John Cena!

• John Cena shook Shinsuke's hand and raised his arm, then both bowed to each other before Cena left the ring to leave Shinsuke to celebrate alone.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DoctorGonzo posted:

Please discuss.

it was bad

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Why can't Renee and Corey do Talking Whatever instead of this complete garbage?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Fun discussion thread as always! We talked about online dating and anime and theme songs and wrestling!

Gonzo don't gently caress the broken lady

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
it was one of the worst raws of all time

i rated this thread a 5 and so should you

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Never again

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
WWE never skips a moment to bury Bayley which is correct because Bayley is bad

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Summerslam card looks okay, RAW was real bland and flabby tho.

Also Bayley may have just been injured when Nia Jax decided to just drop her to the ground.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So what would it take for Raw to just go back to two hours already? I understand this was a thing USA asked for a long time back, but ratings have gone down since then, and WWE itself has to know that this is just too loving long to put on a weekly show, but can either of them afford to say "Okay this was a mistake"?

Like they have other problems but having the most hyped match be at the end of the second hour, and the third hour just being filler, is pretty much to me an admission that nobody cares about the third hour and it's better off discarded.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Let's take a perfectly fine entrance theme and ruin it by having the dipshit from Connecticut Yankee scream at the beginning

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my friend samuraifoochs wanted meto ask a question to you all because he's very shy. is NXT the mma division of wwe?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nxt is the AWA division of wwe

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did they already give up on Big Cass

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Structure

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Structure

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

This is both hilarious and depressing. It's like an episode of Baskets

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's amazing how they managed to gently caress up the Enzo/Cass breakup, salvage it, and then immediately gently caress it up even worse.

Also, where the hell is Goldust.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

It's amazing how they managed to gently caress up the Enzo/Cass breakup, salvage it, and then immediately gently caress it up even worse.

Also, where the hell is Goldust.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

What an imposing structure

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Never again

I hope you reconsider. Join us in the game day, and post!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the thread looks good. I'm going to sleep soon.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cavauro posted:

the thread looks good. I'm going to sleep soon.

You have done well, and earned your rest.

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice
WWE is super boring but I like you guys.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I also like most of you

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I saw Braun on TV at work. He was talking and the sound was off. Also I saw Samoa Joe and Roman staring at each other.

It was pretty cool.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have a theory about summerslam.

It's probably going to be bad.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Holy poo poo that's terrible

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
August is finishers month

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought Raw was pretty good and that the Summerslam card is looking pretty good so I guess the lesson is post less with you miserable fucks b/c I had no idea what everyone thought of this show until now and it's the polar opposite of what I thought.

The pacing of the show was weird though.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I thought Raw was pretty good and that the Summerslam card is looking pretty good so I guess the lesson is post less with you miserable fucks b/c I had no idea what everyone thought of this show until now and it's the polar opposite of what I thought.

The pacing of the show was weird though.

foochs doesnt like us

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I had no idea what everyone thought of this show until now and it's the polar opposite of what I thought.

Is there ever a point that this isn't true though

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Eh, even if "main event in the second hour, third hour is filler" becomes the new normal the show felt a bit flabby overall. Like, of course it does, it's three hours and ten minutes long, but it felt like they had to draw a lot of stuff out to get there.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This was the greatest episode of WWE Monday Noght Raw I have ever seen.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like Foochs because he also likes Dean Ambrose

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Erebus posted:

Is there ever a point that this isn't true though

Recently? Pretty often actually. People have been liking Raw lately and I've been generally sour on SD.

Also I say "miserable fucks" as a term of endearment, Super Dad Bill Goldberg.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This was the greatest episode of WWE Monday Noght Raw I have ever seen.

I'm sorry this had to be your first one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I feel the same level of disappointment by reading the results as I do watching Raw, and in a fraction of the time!

• Locked thread