Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

jesus is cena ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Efexeye posted:

jesus is cena ok

yes

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Efexeye posted:

jesus is cena ok

The human neck is totally built to have all the force land on it that way. He's 100% fine.

I honestly assume it's like the Tyson Kidd situation where if Cena's neck wasn't 90% muscle he would be loving dead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nia Jax is building herself one hell of a resume.

Aphrodite posted:

Could be the best thing to happen to her right now. I don't think she was going over at Summerslam.

I honestly thought she was but burying Bayley again in what's probably her arena with her greatest memories seems more up Vince's alley, honestly.

Efexeye posted:

jesus is cena ok

I think he tucked at the last second and put most of the bump on his shoulder.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

VJeff posted:

Nia Jax is building herself one hell of a resume.

tbh from the clip it looks like a freak injury, bayley just happened to land from the clothesline in the worst way possible

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Could be the best thing to happen to her right now. I don't think she was going over at Summerslam.

Seriously. Her taking some time off then coming back and getting a return pop is a necessary reset. Better than her getting owned at Summerslam in a 10 minute match.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
i'm glad bayley is gonna get to go hang out with all of her make-a-wish friends in the pediatric ward.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh my god i'm catching up on smackdown and fashion peaks is the greatest thing ever made

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Efexeye posted:

jesus is cena ok

You forgot a comma

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Sucks about Bayley. Really felt like the plan was for her to win at Summerslam, then have Sasha turn on her and we'd get Bayley/Sasha as our title program leading to Survivor Series. Would have been the best usage of both women, so it's a shame it's likely off the table (or at least delayed for several months).

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbh from the clip it looks like a freak injury, bayley just happened to land from the clothesline in the worst way possible

Yeah it looks like she just flopped too hard or something. Honestly I can't even see how that injured her.

Much more concerning is that Nia is so obviously and seriously concussed that she tried to drop an elbow on a person who had already sat up.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

bradzilla posted:

I just realized that Brock Lesnar made a million bucks last night for walking to the ring, then walking to the back

Brock is so cool
The coolest, even

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Cavauro posted:

cena pushed for nakamura to beat him clean. original plan was for corbin to accidentally help nakamura win, then for cena to beat up corbin in retaliation after the match. sorry if this was posted but i'm extremely busy working online.

He did this for Bray too earlier in the year.

John Cena owns

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/892595785694621696 https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/892597640482873344

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

How is Vince letting Breezango get away with being so loving amazing and entertaining?

I can't imagine he gets any of the references, or finds any of the jokes funny. And I can guess that he would be pissed off about two lower card goofs wasting TV time that could be spent pushing Cena.

I mean, long may it continue, (although hopefully not too long), and hooray for the both of them for being allowed to do it. I just thought Vince would have found a way to gently caress it up, or make it lame by now once he noticed it got popular.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I hope someone hits Nia in the face with a cardboard box again

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Twin Peaks is a thirty year old show and was very popular before. Sesame Street has done a Twin Peaks parody.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I kind of wish Nakamura hadn't been swimming in a sea of poo poo feuds/matches since coming up before getting a title shot. Especially against Jinder Mahal as champion.

I wish they would have put the belt on AJ first and built up Nakamura for another couple months. Hell, maybe even put the belt on Y2J for a couple months while you continue to build up both Nakamura and Corbin.

Now the SD title has the following scenarios coming out of Summerslam:
1) Mahal retains and that drudgery continues
2) Nakamura wins the belt, gets a good pop in Brooklyn but gets buried as a champion because places like Iowa aren't reacting.
3) Corbin cashes in, gets the belt and continues a heatless feud with a chasing Nakamura

I'm excited to see Shinsuke getting a decent push, but it just doesn't feel right and it feels like it will be one of those things where it bites him in the rear end in the long run.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought Raw and SD were both good this week, SD being admittedly better for the first time in many weeks but I also didn't think Raw was bad. So it''s looking like Summerslam is:

Raw:

Brock v. Braun v. Joe v. Roman (Universal Title)
Finn (presumably Demon King) v. Bray
Jason Jordan v. Miz (IC Title)
Tag scene is murky but I'm guessing it's Dean and Seth v. Sheasaro and then maybe Hardys v. Revival v. Club in a separate match
Tozawa v. Neville (CW Title)
Maybe Cass v. Show pre-show match?
??? on the women's side

Smackdown:
Jinder v. Shinsuke (WWE Title)
AJ v. KO, Shane as ref (US Title)
Corbin v. Cena probably
Rusev v. Orton
New Day v. Usos (Tag Titles)
Naomi v. Nattie (Women's Title)

Christ that's a stacked card but I really don't think I have filler there. I dunno about the second Raw tag match but they're very clearly setting up Dean and Seth v. Sheasaro and the other teams in a triple threat and I don't see them having a Summerslam without the Hardys. Am I nuts? That's a GOOD card, mind you, just really full.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Actually the card I just laid out is ~14 matches which is basically on par with last year's Mania and Summerslam, just a match or two more, so I guess it's not that nuts.

Also everyone is reacting to Shinsuke. And Corbin for that matter. It certainly wouldn't be on level with say, AJ/Nakamura, but it wouldn't be a heatless death spiral like Jinder/Orton.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 2, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Wow, VERY sorry. Posted potential upcoming spoilers in the wrong thread but edited it out ASAP.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Actually the card I just laid out is ~14 matches which is basically on par with last year's Mania and Summerslam, just a match or two more, so I guess it's not that nuts.

Also everyone is reacting to Shinsuke. And Corbin for that matter. It certainly wouldn't be on level with say, AJ/Nakamura, but it wouldn't be a heatless death spiral like Jinder/Orton.

Cut Finn/Bray because who cares, give Neville/Tozawa 20 minutes and creative freedom.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm incredibly hopeful that Smackdown is going to have Shinsuke win, Corbin cash in on Shinsuke, run Corbin vs Shinsuke to Survivor Series, have Shinsuke win the belt back, and then have AJ turn heel on him and build to Shinsuke vs Styles at Mania. All the pieces seem to moving into place for it. Screwing Nakamura is the perfect culminating crown jewel for Corbin's "gently caress the indys," gimmick, the stage has been set previously for a friendship story between Shinsuke and AJ that can be stretched out over the feud, Survivor Series would be the perfect stage to test if Corbin can succeed at a true Main Event level because the title matches will probably play second banana to more Bragging Rights matches, and AJ vs Nakamura will give them the Contender For Match Of The Year that they keep saying they want on the Mania card.

I had planned to stay out until the Rumble and based on its outcome decide whether or not to even bother with Mania, but a Corbin/Nakamura title match at SS might get me back in.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How could anyone watch that Corbin/Nak match at Battleground and come out wanting to see more of it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dimebags Brain posted:

Cut Finn/Bray because who cares, give Neville/Tozawa 20 minutes and creative freedom.

I care. Finn/Bray could be good and I like the build (moreso on Finn's half) and it's probably the best kayfabe reason yet for the Demon King.

Cut Show/Cass though. With extreme prejudice. And don't bother doing any filler on the Raw Women's side.

Benne posted:

How could anyone watch that Corbin/Nak match at Battleground and come out wanting to see more of it

Because the one last week on SD was quite good. And I'm apparently the only one that thought the Battleground match wasn't bad.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

Wow, VERY sorry. Posted potential upcoming spoilers in the wrong thread but edited it out ASAP.

What'd you say Cavauro

Dasco
Feb 22, 2013

That DICK! posted:

You forgot a comma

Jesus is my Lord and tag partner.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Because the one last week on SD was quite good. And I'm apparently the only one that thought the Battleground match wasn't bad.

i liked it too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

i liked it too.

Okay so there's two of us. I cannot fathom anyone who thought it was worse than Jinder/Orton UNLESS you put the other on top for the Singh spot which I'll concede begrudgingly I guess?

Honestly the part that bothers me most about a Corbin cash-in is the idea that Shinsuke would be wrecked after a match with loving Jinder of all people.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That DICK! posted:

What'd you say Cavauro

on second thought it was too early to bother saying because the plan could be massively different even a week from now but i will post it in the spoilers thread.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Okay so there's two of us. I cannot fathom anyone who thought it was worse than Jinder/Orton UNLESS you put the other on top for the Singh spot which I'll concede begrudgingly I guess?

Honestly the part that bothers me most about a Corbin cash-in is the idea that Shinsuke would be wrecked after a match with loving Jinder of all people.

Solution: don't do an Orton or Sheamus cash-in. Do a Seth cash in.

Let Nakamura eat like three of those stupid loving Khallases, then Corbin runs in, cashes-in, throws Nakamura out, hits End of Days on Jinder, flash-pin, boom.

For the record, re: Nakamura/Corbin at Battleground, I just wanted those two guys to strike the piss out of each other (like they did on TV) and the fact that they did a bunch of stalling and a long bear hug spot instead on the PPV really pissed me off and soured me on the match.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

VJeff posted:

Solution: don't do an Orton or Sheamus cash-in. Do a Seth cash in.

Let Nakamura eat like three of those stupid loving Khallases, then Corbin runs in, cashes-in, throws Nakamura out, hits End of Days on Jinder, flash-pin, boom.

It would actually be refreshing poetic irony for Jinder to lose the belt so cheaply after he's won and repeatedly defended it in the same manner.

I'd prefer Nak just wins and we have an actual full-time babyface reign that isn't Roman for once and Corbin cashes in at a later date, but might as well protect Shinsuke if you're gonna do it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP.

I enjoyed that Smackdown, and Nakamura/Cena was good but way too short for their first ever (that I'm aware of) match. Fashion Peaks was loving incredible though, and I was so pleased to hear the crowd laughing and applauding as it was going on.

I hope Rusev/Orton is good, and not just an excuse for Randy to get a win back after having to lose through the entire Jinder feud.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ragnarok the Red posted:

It would actually be refreshing poetic irony for Jinder to lose the belt so cheaply after he's won and repeatedly defended it in the same manner.

I'd prefer Nak just wins and we have an actual full-time babyface reign that isn't Roman for once and Corbin cashes in at a later date, but might as well protect Shinsuke if you're gonna do it.

imo just get Corbin out of the way ASAP so he's not loving things up around Mania season.

Or have him fail the cash-in. That'd be neat.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Congratulations to Chad Gable and Rusev for putting on the best match on the most recent edition of Smackdown! Live.

The only Summerslam match I'm excited for is Nakamura vs Jinder, but only if they're allowed to put on the stiff strong style match they're both capable of.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ThePariah posted:

Congratulations to Chad Gable and Rusev for putting on the best match on the most recent edition of Smackdown! Live.

The only Summerslam match I'm excited for is Nakamura vs Jinder, but only if they're allowed to put on the stiff strong style match they're both capable of.

Jinder isn't capable of a drat thing other than roiding.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
That's not true. He's also capable of stiff strikes that cause significant brain damage.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

At this point I'll accept ANYTHING that isn't the standard "Jinder gets dominated, the Singh Brothers interfere, they get beaten up but Jinder hits his finisher after the distraction and retains" Jinder Mahal title match.

They used the same template during the Punjabi Prison, for God's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
If jinder had an empty arena match you know there'd still be interference

• Locked thread