Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what's neat is that tobais boon voiced Ecirp Noseimaj in a completely unrelated game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

As soon as someone mentioned the scream the movie song started playing in my head

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

MysticalMachineGun posted:

As soon as someone mentioned the scream the movie song started playing in my head

yup.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nintendo, finally on the PS4 as the Internet wanted!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MysticalMachineGun posted:

that's unironically a lot of why I'm doing this, that scream is legit iconic as gently caress and the dude deserves recognition for it. if the people who first recorded the Amen break can get their due nowadays, so should the guy who first screamed "MORTAL KOMBAAAAT"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

that's unironically a lot of why I'm doing this, that scream is legit iconic as gently caress and the dude deserves recognition for it. if the people who first recorded the Amen break can get their due nowadays, so should the guy who first screamed "MORTAL KOMBAAAAT"

Have you tried asking the band? I don't imagine Lords of Acid have much better to do these days than answer emails, and I wouldn't really be surprised if it was just one of them who did it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

precision posted:

Have you tried asking the band? I don't imagine Lords of Acid have much better to do these days than answer emails, and I wouldn't really be surprised if it was just one of them who did it.

This is actually a solid idea, I'll do that when I get home and see what I come up with

Does this warrant its own thread, y'all think, or should I just keep it in here? I feel like it's kind of a dumb question but there's been a surprising amount of unironic interest everywhere I've asked this

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Nintendo, finally on the PS4 as the Internet wanted!

Huh, I'm pretty sure they did wipe out the Nintendo from the PS2 collections. Neat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Huh, I'm pretty sure they did wipe out the Nintendo from the PS2 collections. Neat.

It's probably because they just dumped roms into an emulator without doing anything to them, if I had to guess

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

It's probably because they just dumped roms into an emulator without doing anything to them, if I had to guess

That's the most Capcom thing I've heard all week...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There's also apparently a brand new piece of concept art in the Mega Man 8 gallery that clearly doesn't come from 8 or any other MM, people are convinced they accidentally slipped some art from an unreleased game in there.
https://twitter.com/Protodude/status/895098741249716224

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This is actually a solid idea, I'll do that when I get home and see what I come up with

Does this warrant its own thread, y'all think, or should I just keep it in here? I feel like it's kind of a dumb question but there's been a surprising amount of unironic interest everywhere I've asked this

Please post your research findings in any case

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

There's also apparently a brand new piece of concept art in the Mega Man 8 gallery that clearly doesn't come from 8 or any other MM, people are convinced they accidentally slipped some art from an unreleased game in there.
https://twitter.com/Protodude/status/895098741249716224

Isn't this just what concept art means aka a concept that may or may not have come to fruition

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I made a thread mostly for spoiler story discussion of HELLBLADE

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829749

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

LoA actually recently had a successful Kickstarter and are about to release a new album and go on tour, so Praga Khan might actually be busy.

I think it's a sample from the game anyways, so it's likely not him or the other guy who was part of the side project that did that song.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

Isn't this just what concept art means aka a concept that may or may not have come to fruition
yeah, but it does look a lot more modern than MM8 concept art should be, both in design and technique. IDK its kinda weird

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, it's sampled from the Mortal Monday ad, but the song was made practically right after the ad came out from what I'm aware so LoA might still be able to point me in the right direction.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Give me your money

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah, it's sampled from the Mortal Monday ad, but the song was made practically right after the ad came out from what I'm aware so LoA might still be able to point me in the right direction.

Also know it wasn't technically LoA, just Praga Khan (from LoA) and some other guy doing a side project called Immortals so you probably should also contact the other guy (Olivier Adams)

Also the original game was only made by four guys so it shouldn't be THAT hard to track this down if you can get any of them to reply.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Nah, I can't remember what exactly the changes there were but there were supposedly some changes that people have spotted already.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I remember they took out the Gamecube you could find in Viewtiful Joe when they ported it to the PS2 from the GCN but kept the entire row of R.O.B.'s that show up in the first screen of the last chapter.

Nobody cared about R.O.B. back in those days. Nobody else even noticed.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

which days did we care

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

Also know it wasn't technically LoA, just Praga Khan (from LoA) and some other guy doing a side project called Immortals so you probably should also contact the other guy (Olivier Adams)

Praga Khan was the name that two of the members of LoA used for the project, if you REALLY WANNA GET NUTS

:hipstersay:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Nah, I can't remember what exactly the changes there were but there were supposedly some changes that people have spotted already.

Neat. I may pick up LC2 on sale just to play 9/10 a few more times

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Holy poo poo Johnny Cage's mocap actor (can you even call it that) also did Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Reptile, I had no idea

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lizard Wizard posted:

which days did we care

Hey now R.O.B. is a Super Smasher, a Mario Karter, he doesn't have to sit here and listen to this anti-R.O.B. rhetoric.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy poo poo Johnny Cage's mocap actor (can you even call it that) also did Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Reptile, I had no idea
and then he moved onto a way sicker game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

spanky is a good pilot

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

homeless snail posted:

and then he moved onto a way sicker game

But me BloodStorm or go to Hell.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I should mention that I played Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in a PSPoor and it was still gorgeous and I didn't notice any performance issues.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/asym/status/895436910323154944

~12 hours

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hey now R.O.B. is a Super Smasher

I mean, so is Pichu.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
okay trying to find contact info for Lords of Acid is a total bust so far. seriously, they have nothing. i have no clue how the gently caress they even book shows. this might be a lot harder than i thought it would be.

i am still pressing forward though, because gently caress me I have to find out where this stupid goddamn rabbit hole leads at this point.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You can use Spotify to try and relay messages to bands, but it's a complete crapshoot as to whether it will work very well or not at all depending on what label they're on

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I found the other half of The Immortals and sent him a facebook message in lovely Google Translate Dutch, let's see if he gets back to me

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
What's the formula for creating a basic trading card game?

I kind of want to dick around with the concepts

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

vermin posted:

What's the formula for creating a basic trading card game?

I kind of want to dick around with the concepts

just copy Magic but rename all the keywords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Hellblade. Headphones, yea or nay? Seems to be strongly recommended, but I'm seeing some mixed steam reviews on them.

Non-edit: why do I bother to read steam reviews?

• Locked thread