Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sakurazuka posted:

Being a shut in nerd who's only obligation is my mandatory 36.5 hours a week at work.

Haha, I have friends haha. Their names are Goku and Sephiroth and Duke Nukem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Snak posted:

It depends. I have one window for random fun poo poo, and this one is likely to spawn tabs as I open links, but because it's random fun poo poo, it's also easy to pair back down to its base 4/5 tabs, which are SA, Reddit, chat, email, youtube.

Then if I'm doing work, I have a window that's basically for documentation and stack overflow. This one can get huge, but if I'm trying to track down some specific problem, and it's taking awhile, I'm pretty much going to keep every relevant tab of documentation and post that's relevant until I've solved the problem. Then I'll whipe out all those problem specific tabs and go back down to base of the project I'm working on.

If I'm doing work in browser, that will be a 3rd window with only that one tab, to make it easy to go back and forth between the work environment and the documentation.

I've gotten super good at managing my tabs using multiple windows and closing them when I'm done with them, compared to how I used to be. My parents are the worst, they use tabs instead of bookmarks and have like 60 open all the time. For days on end. It's horrible.

But honestly, since I switched the my 2 window system, I rarely have more than 20 tabs per window.

see that all makes sense, i'm talking about your parents in this case

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Norns posted:

Stop splitting your attention between 80 things you idiots

But.... if I don't, I can't have a social life and play games!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

StrixNebulosa posted:

But.... if I don't, I can't have a social life and play games!

A something awful tab open doesn't count as a social life!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

With me it's kind of like speed except I die if I open more than 8 tabs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ah grandpa getting mad in here. pop pop angry haha

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

ah grandpa getting mad in here. pop pop angry haha

The fact that you call opening tabs "pop pop" tells me that you're not ready.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I have a spreadsheet of my backlog organized by howlongtobeat playtimes, and just jump around as needed for when I want a shorter game or longer game. Unless I just straight up drop a game I usually stick with it until I finish, and then move on. This does result in being a year or two behind the latest and greatest but that's fine by me because it usually means I'm able to get them cheaper on sale.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm glad videogames are a hobby I don't feel compelled to make spreadsheets of estimated time to beat. Seems like you could just be playing a game instead of updating the spreadsheet? gently caress I don't know

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Snak posted:

The fact that you call opening tabs "pop pop" tells me that you're not ready.

It's as Internet Explorer as the nose on plain's face

vermin fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 10, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Nate RFB posted:

I have a spreadsheet of my backlog organized by howlongtobeat playtimes, and just jump around as needed for when I want a shorter game or longer game. Unless I just straight up drop a game I usually stick with it until I finish, and then move on. This does result in being a year or two behind the latest and greatest but that's fine by me because it usually means I'm able to get them cheaper on sale.

:same:

I mean I don't have a spreadsheet but the latest and greatest game is usually too expensive/won't run on my laptop, so I'm a generation or three behind playing other things - or indie games!

Send help Battle Brothers has devoured my life

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Snak posted:

Non fullscreened gaming is gross.

Unless you mean you want to switch it to a borderless window the size of your monitor, rather than having the application running in "full screen" mode...

Fullscreen Minesweeper

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Battlebrothers needs some face dlc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

I mean I don't have a spreadsheet but the latest and greatest game is usually too expensive/won't run on my laptop, so I'm a generation or three behind playing other things - or indie games!

My only game spreadsheet was tracking how many times I died in Nioh

Quest 01: 08 h 37 m 123 deaths
Quest 02: 12 h 09 m 170 deaths
Quest 03: 16 h 09 m 223 deaths
T. Shige: 21 h 10 m 459 deaths
Quest 04: 22 h 37 m 471 deaths
Quest 05: 27 h 02 m 570 deaths
Quest 06: 32 h 50 m 640 deaths
Quest 07: 35 h 08 m 656 deaths
Ii Naoma: 35 h 28 m 667 deaths
Quest 08: 36 h 13 m 673 deaths
Quest 09: 40 h 10 m 732 deaths
Quest 10: 43 h 15 m 783 deaths
Quest 11: 45 h 02 m 793 deaths
T. Honda: 45 h 09 m 793 deaths
Quest 12: 48 h 35 m 830 deaths
Quest 13: 51 h 01 m 845 deaths
Quest 14: 55 h 30 m 899 deaths
Quest 15: 58 h 11 m 930 deaths
Quest 16: 61 h 58 m 958 deaths

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I downloaded the senko no ronde 2 demo and for your supers you turn into a big boss enemy from a shoot-em-up and it's called B.O.S.S. Mode

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the two games i've played for 80+ hours and still have any desire to some day play more of are tales of berseria (102) and fallout: new vegas (600+)

eventually i have to put in 100+ hours on trails of cold steel and tales of symphonia cause there are achievements for doing it and gently caress it, i'll end up replaying them anyway some day cause they're fun games with mechanics that i can actually get engaged with and tons of new game+ content

otherwise there are a ton of games i have spent 80+ hours on but don't get the urge to actively revisit much

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 10, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

when you die in nioh does the game iris out and wario goes "NIOH I MISSED"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

StrixNebulosa posted:

welcome to :same:town, friend

I'm just going through my list in alphabetical order. I'm only to the E's, but the game I'm playing now happens to be "Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" so I've been stuck there for weeks! I'm like 80 hours in so far.

People mocked me for going through my backlog like this but I found a few gems among the turds I probably would never have gotten to. I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with Morrowind and there's no way I would have even bothered with it if it weren't for this project.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is morrowind the only good game bethesda has ever made? possibly

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

when you die in nioh does the game iris out and wario goes "NIOH I MISSED"

It actually goes "FREED FROM THIS MORTAL COIL" which is the best death notice since "TOO BAD!"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

wait that's gotta be cumulative, right? Like didn't die 899 times in quest 14 and then 930 times in quest 15...

But if I'm reading this right, you showed great improvement! Spending 8 hours and dying 123 times on the first mission is pretty rough, but by the end, you're only spending a few hours and a couple dozen deaths.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Hot take

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lets hang out posted:

I downloaded the senko no ronde 2 demo and for your supers you turn into a big boss enemy from a shoot-em-up and it's called B.O.S.S. Mode

Is this on the north american psn? Release is soon right?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Cowcaster posted:

Couldn't get into Skyrim, Oblivion, or Fallout 3/New Vegas. Didn't stop me from buying them. The way everything moves, the way everyone talks, it all feels...weird. I don't have the vocabulary to explain it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

Hot take

No, that's probably true.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Snak posted:

wait that's gotta be cumulative, right? Like didn't die 899 times in quest 14 and then 930 times in quest 15...

But if I'm reading this right, you showed great improvement! Spending 8 hours and dying 123 times on the first mission is pretty rough, but by the end, you're only spending a few hours and a couple dozen deaths.

Yeah, and the chart is somewhat wonky since I lumped the prologue into the Quest 1 line since I didn't start keeping track until after that, I also conflated a couple levels I think which is why it shows 16 missions instead of 19.

The biggest one-level spike regardless remains the duel with Tachibana Muneshige

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster posted:

it's pretty good i've probably spent 80+ hours on it and potentially would play more

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

vermin posted:

Couldn't get into Skyrim, Oblivion, or Fallout 3/New Vegas. Didn't stop me from buying them. The way everything moves, the way everyone talks, it all feels...weird. I don't have the vocabulary to explain it.

new vegas is good, but not made by bethesda

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Obsidian is good

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Snak posted:

No, that's probably true.

yeah i mean they technically didn't make New Vegas and the new Doom/Wolfenstein games

fallout 3 was okay i guess

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

vermin posted:

https://youtu.be/RkdR1X0V7sI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

Terminator: Future Shock

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I weirdly put like 120 hours into MGS5 screwing around ingame and with the FOB online stuff before I went "whoa what the heck am I doing" and stopped

Most time I've ever put into a game (in my adult life, Infinite Time Beforetimes doesn't count IMO) is likely Fallout: New Vegas but I was playing it on PS3 so I don't know the actual number

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

yeah i mean they technically didn't make New Vegas and the new Doom/Wolfenstein games

fallout 3 was okay i guess

Yeah, I was only counting games developed by them. And there aren't many. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Pirates of the Caribbean cashgrabs, Wayne Gretsky Hockey, and IHRA Profession Drag Racing. That's basically it. A bunch of MS-DOS Terminator games.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

Is this on the north american psn? Release is soon right?

I think it's just on Japan psn right now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Monkey Fracas posted:

I weirdly put like 120 hours into MGS5 screwing around ingame and with the FOB online stuff before I went "whoa what the heck am I doing" and stopped

Most time I've ever put into a game (in my adult life, Infinite Time Beforetimes doesn't count IMO) is likely Fallout: New Vegas but I was playing it on PS3 so I don't know the actual number
I somehow wound up with 149 hours in MGSV, which if I'm generous maybe 10-15 hours are idle time or developing gear time. That number was really shocking to me because starting around the end of part 1 I just beelined the game, skipping all side ops that weren't mandatory to advance the story and any harder mission remixes with "[]" in the name.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Setting up a tower defense game like Home Alone would be pretty interesting, but I get the feeling that's just a platformer where you probably fight floating pizzas or something

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Some day I'll go back and 100% mgsv. I'm pretty close but there's a lot of fiddly mission objectives to do and also catching all the animals seems like a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

vermin posted:

Setting up a tower defense game like Home Alone would be pretty interesting, but I get the feeling that's just a platformer where you probably fight floating pizzas or something

Have you played the Deception games, by any chance

• Locked thread