Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

That owns

LawfulWaffle posted:

wtf for a second I thought you were reading rejects from this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oymWAeqv_-c

I remember seeing this. I'm Bobson Dugnutt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I'm no good @ that so I just limit myself to 4-5 games a year and play them obsessively.

I wish I could do this like when I was younger but I want to play ALL THE GAMES

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

in related news my new case arrived today so time to spend the next 4 hours pulling parts out of one case just to put them all back in a different case

I hate this part of PC upgrading but it is an essential (literally) part of being a PC gamer

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Phantasium posted:

Shadow Madness, which ripped off FFVII's blocky artstyle nearly verbatim, and is awful to boot.

Involves a robot farmer, a floating head, and other "memorable" characters.

I remember being disappointed that the overworld map was a literal map of the world your player avatar walked on. Yeah, I get that's essentially what all overworld maps are but it took me right out of the game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Oh wow it's like I'm right there fighting those giant mosquitoes

vermin posted:

I hate when I get a cool game idea because I know I can't program for poo poo and it'll never happen

Same except with creating music

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

The ?HUMMINGBIRD? at the bottom makes me want to make an edit where the party is facing off against two shrimp and the bottom says ?PASTRY?

I would laugh heartily if you do this

Dr Cheeto posted:

Dunkey is mostly good but also he played LoL for ages so I think we can all agree he's not perfect

My first exposure to Dunkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yHoSvrTss

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

And now for the promised reaction as recreated by a trio that best represents these forums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Zmkw2KLN4

Thank you.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

OP, you should lay off the marathon sessions of Pac Man Championship Edition DX+

I'm gonna be contrarian and say play more Pac Man Championship Edition DX+ because it owns

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Raxivace posted:

August Chat Thread, many years ago I bought a European PSP at an American pawn shop to play Japanese games. Tragically that PSP has been broken for many years, as the pin in the charging port broke somehow. It definitely wasn't my fault. Probably. To charge the replacement battery I bought (Which was destroyed in an unrelated knife incident) I have had to use a wall charger and that thing is a pain in the rear end. On top of that, the battery pack cover has been loose which means that whenever I play the PSP if I tap the thing too hard it shuts down entirely.

I recently learned replacement parts for these kinds of things can be bought on the internet, so now using the advance technical knowledge I gained when I installed a new hard drive into my PS4 a few weeks ago, I'm going to attempt to repair the PSP when the parts come in tomorrow. The last time I attempted to modify this thing smoke came out of its old battery, probably because of the aforementioned knife I stuck in it for reasons that made sense to me at the time.

Wish me luck all. This either is going to work swimmingly well or I may in fact be too stupid to live.

Sounds like you might be tempting fate with this one. :rip: Raxivase

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

if one of your moves in flirting is telling someone to never tell anyone else about what happened, and if you ask a woman you're just friends with and have never had a sexual interaction with to send nudes with no ramping up or casual flirting to try and open that door in a normal way, you might be a creep

Hmm, not sure I like the leaked script of Jeff Foxworthy's new routine

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

I get why they wanted to make the idols more different from each other because designwise Calie and Marie were only a few degrees away from just being a color coded design difference but in a gaming thirstiness rules all in character design so making one a curvey scantly clad DJ pop singer and the other weird rapping gremlin was probably not the best choice.

I like the DJ/Hype Squid combo more than the pop idol duo. I also like Pearl and Marina's song more anyway :twisted:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

babypolis posted:

the main takeaway for me is that twitter really loving sucks and you should never use it

I think it should be

CJacobs posted:

Twitter is really good as long as you don't use it to keep tabs on popular people or politics, and instead follow your friends and read their cool posts about their lives (and post about yours too).

but with the addition of don't be a jerk

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Oh I though they were done with Tony Hawk

FirstAidKite posted:

I'd post the part where she's dressed as The Boss from MGS3 but I think that'd be too nws for this thread imo so instead here is this neat cosplay and also someone was dedicated enough to make a robot version of her in some game called robocraft

Is that all self made because if so :sbahj: I wish I had that kind of drive

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

vermin posted:

I like Borderlands, I do, but please let someone else write the jokes. Out-source the humor to another company, or the internet.

Uhhhhhhh I thought we wanted to get AWAY from tired references

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

It's out already!? :eyepop:

I don't have a VR setup but gently caress it

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

homeless snail posted:

I should probably start counting the number of times I've played rez start to finish, on all the various platforms rez has come out on. its probably a really big number

:same:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Pls don't post my SA posting gear

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

So! I'm gonna be home for the first time in over a week in six hours and I can't WAIT to get back to playing games. No Man's Sky has been patched several times, Pyre is waiting...

I want this drive to go faster already!

I'm right there with ya. I just got back from a 15 day work trip! Time to play some dang games!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Clearly the solution is to make video games your job

I'm still trying to figure this part out.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

wahhhh your job that lets you live a comfortable life with insurance and security is soulcrushing

I think you should ease back on the terrible games you've been playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Phantasium posted:

Man I just want Einhander.

:same:

• Locked thread