Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Bought Kingdoms and Castles.

Returned Kingdoms and Castles.

I've played phone games with more engaging gameplay and richer features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Xenoblade is great. Xenoblade X is great for different reasons.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I made my PC back when Fallout 3 came out, so late 2008. Since then, I've upgraded my graphics card twice: once for Human Revolution (2011) and again in 2016 for Dark Souls 3. I had to switch out my power supply at some point, but otherwise I'm using all the same parts. Right now, I think the limiting factor is the actual processor, but I'm no computer scientist

PC is good

2008? Yeah probably a little bit. Still though, 10 year is insane.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

I've had a 960 for I don't know how long and I can play new releases just fine. That said I have a 1680x1050 monitor because idgaf. I'm sure I'd have terrible performance if I tried going to 4k.

Everyone has terrible performance at 4K. 1440p is where most people top out, but even that requires a shitload of money because people will spring for 110+hz monitors. $800-1000 GPU on top of a $550-700 monitor type stuff.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

In Games related news, word on the street is that Nick Robinson of Polygon is a real piece of work. hosed up if true.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

NeoGaf thread here: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1415751

I was really holding out hope for my second favorite Car Boy, but to me this is too much smoke for there not to be fire.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

babypolis posted:

i see a lot of rumor mongering and nothing else. i understand why people dont want to come foward but maybe not throw some dude under the bus based on only hearsay?

Lol it's not like I'm saying he should go to prison. Dude just probably did some lovely things and that sucks for everyone involved.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Nah the real evidence against Nick are the Polygon E3 videos where he wears socks in a Jacuzzi. That's axe murderer territory.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

vermin posted:

ROBINSON SCANDAL UPDATE:
NICK PROBABLY SENDS CREEPY DM'S
TO CARS WHICH HE BELIEVES GIVES
HIM SEXUAL POWERS

Hey, that's the half-truth!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Video games are so good you guys

True, and I think we can all tacitly agree that videogame people are the absolute worst.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

So should I buy Majora's Mask or not

Yes! And learn to speedrun it

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

So earlier I was in a dark parking lot and KCB and I kept seeing these weird blue lights when we'd look up. For me, I just had to til my eyes up, but she had to tilt her head up.
The lights were in a specific location that would stay the same regardless of where we were and when we got into the car, we could see them still but they were very clearly outside.
Obviously this was some kind of light phenomenon but I have no clue what since these lights would quickly disappear out of my vision as soon as I saw them. I wasn't wearing any glasses, KCB was wearing glasses, I would see 4 dots in a row and she would only see 2 dots in a row. It was in a parking lot without any light except for the nearby road and the light from the moon. Anybody have any idea what the phenomenon behind this would be? I made a gif representing what I saw when I'd quickly glance up.

This feels like viral marketing for scp

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Twilkitri posted:

Keep a stock of smoke machines/don't touch them.

TURN ON THE FOG MACHINE

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Gwent, Scrolls, Hearthstone, Artifact? I'm up to my eyeballs in AAA studio TCGs and I don't want to play a single one.

Although I can't help but laugh that MTG has had a TCG going for like 15 years and it's still a steaming pile of poo poo. Wizards is the worst loving company.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't this because a lot of the existing economy is controlled by resellers and collectors and and if Wizards does something to piss them off (such as making something good enough to draw dollars away from purchasing cards) they could collapse the entire market?

I would just like for them to make a modern Shandalar

My complaints aren't so much about the cards or gameplay, but about Wizard's inability to make a UX that doesn't blow chunks.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Hellblade. Headphones, yea or nay? Seems to be strongly recommended, but I'm seeing some mixed steam reviews on them.

Non-edit: why do I bother to read steam reviews?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Man gently caress that, call it naive if you want, losing faith that there are good people out there or that people genuinely do want to change sometimes is just gonna make you sad.

Nah man what'll really bake your noodle is the people that spend their entire life building orphanages or curing cancer or poo poo and yet strangle cats in their spare time.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

No! Everything has to fit neatly into my D&D orientation chart and Nick was obviously Chaotic Evil like Satan, Hitler, and the Undertaker who in 1998 threw Mankind off Hell in a Cell, plumeting 16 feet through an announcer's table.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Imagine a trolley barreling towards two groups. If you do nothing, virtue signalling dies. If you pull the lever, four softboys die. What do you do?????

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Mass Effect's dialogue was entirely PG-13 and within the first 30 minutes of Mass Effect 2 you heard the now-infamous "Don't. gently caress. With. Aria" line that I'd be lying if I said I didn't think was cool.

Spoken by Carrie-Anne Moss in a pretty cool little cameo.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Didn't Arty Gies get a tattoo of the Polygon logo after he co-founded Polygon? Talk about hipster dedication...

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

This is extremely my poo poo.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

No Man's Sky is 2nd on Top Sellers. Hail satan

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi everyone, how is everybody doing tonight?

I've been playing kingdom of loathing again recently.

I'm posting on the can listening to my neighbor evict her renter/tenant and whew boy it's amazing. She's really raking him over the coals.

In slightly more germane news, office/desk chairs are loving bonkers. All the ones under $100 are apparently cheap garbage and all the good ones are like $200-400.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Poops Mcgoots posted:

You can't post something like that and not post details imo.

That's fair. Ended up getting a chair like this http://a.co/japtJuU off craigslist from an apparently very motivated seller. $50! I just sat down in it and it's great!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Up until like two weeks ago Dan had never seen a pineapple in real life. https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/894933434275172352

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

people forget about UT 2k3 being such a miserable pile of poo poo that they had to release 2k4 as an apology

You say that but last I looked the UT community despised UT2K4 and preferred 2K3. This is almost entirely because 2K4 sacrificed player vs player balance for player vs vehicle balance, but somehow failed at doing both. 2K4 is a shitshow compared to 2K3.

That also doesn't even get into how badly they botched bringing back Assault maps in 2K4.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Holy gently caress I can't wait to play Monster Hunter World and slowly disappear from the actual world.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

chumbler posted:

That one's getting a PC release, right? I'm looking forward to it, but I kind of expect I will keep wishing it was Toukiden.

Yep! Xbone and PS4 first. PC at some undermined time later

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I'm part of a group plan for Google Play Music that also includes YouTube Red so whatever. I pay like $30 a year for a shitload of adfree content.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Google Music good

I use Spotify because I like the discover weekly thing but it gets kinda off track sometimes

I switched to GPM like a year ago and haven't had any complaints :shrug:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

HoboNews posted:

What happened to Nick Robinson exactly?

Got too thirsty for his own good.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Guys no joke Mario vs Rabbids is very good.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

nachos posted:

Mario xcom looks loving dope too bad it's only on the switch

It's absurd that two XCOM games were released this week and the one titled Mario+Rabbids is the superior product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Yeah I played a bit of Destiny 2 beta tonight and...meh? The PvE is interesting enough, but by the time I ran my second class through it I was pretty done. PVP kinda blows, the ttk is very short and the movement speed is slow enough that as soon as you encounter somebody, one of you will die just about instantly and there isn't anything one can do about it other than aim better.

• Locked thread