Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

trails of cold steel is out for pc later today if you want a cheap 80 hour jrpg to grind through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'll do that when 2 is also out. :P

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Realtalk though it's a shame my laptop is probably too busted to run it. They put a ton of work into a really good game and it's looking like it's gonna be leaps and bounds over what I'd expect out of a definitive edition. It's a cool game even though I think its the worst trails game thats still like better than 95% of all jrpgs so.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Keep it up dude in a few more weeks itll feel like childsplay AND you'll be in the best shape of your life.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Is this made worse by your naked mole rat thing or is that par for the course for early ups workers.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I like that the Zero games have really crazy unlockables, you gotta do some crazy dumb stuff to get ultimate mode unlocked on those games.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

After work today I'm going to go deposit my check and then march on down to the mom and pop computer store and haggle me a decent midrange laptop that can play all the indie poo poo I've wanted to play since my laptop died last year.

Gonna start with Hollow Knight :hai:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

FirstAidKite posted:

Yesssss

That was it.

Hahahahahaa

Please tell me theres a good LP of this game I can watch, it looks too bad to be real.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Colonel posted:

the peoplpe who helped bring gex 3 to nintendo 64 are the only people i trust to save the jrpg industry

gex 2, actually. 3 never came to 64

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Colonel posted:

is this some meme i'm not aware of

it's the way i was introduced to gex as a child and i hate it for that

No I guess this is just me genuinely not knowing there was a gex 3 port.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Macaluso posted:

Hello that was me! I made about 4 of them I think. I would've kept making more but could only do so much with the water stage assets :v: They were super fun to make though. It makes me want to learn unity or gamemaker or whatever the hotness is to make my own full game of them.

The Rocket Barrel levels in TF are some of the most genuinely creative stages in a platformer I've ever seen, which is one of the reasons procedural generation is so boring to me. Like a randomly thrown together stage couldn't do what the Reckless Ride stage did where you traveled through a fruit processing factory and it told a story and had a beginning middle and end and UGH it's so good!!!

Now that we know someone else is making MP4 I genuinely can't wait for Retro to make another 2d game. Their 2d level design is just sublime.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Woah the AM2R guy got hired by the Ori People.

https://twitter.com/AM2Rgame/status/894258310022615040

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Samus returns looks pretty slick...I wasn't interested because of Mercury Steam but hell, this game looks like it has potential to be another classic Metroid...

Has new footage started coming out? I haven't seen anything since e3.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I played a fuckload of star fox/64 before I ever played anything first person or before games really started giving you good analog camera control so I was destined from the start to prefer inverted vertical.

Also getting my new computer after work is making this shift INTERMINABLE.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Man I've been hearing about how good ex-aid is but those webms might be the thing that convince me to give that thing a shot. I haven't like a kamen rider series since W ended. (watch kamen rider W it owns)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Shotaro being abrasive is good because he's a really lovely noir detective wannabe, he owns.

Also I had the Kamen Rider Joker theme from the W movie as my ringtone for years, that song rocks.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

After 3 very silly delays my new laptop finally got delivered to me today at work. Now I just have to toil away for 5 more hours before i get to actually use it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I beat hollow Knight yesterday, got the true ending and fought all the super bosses. That game would be a GOTY contender for me in a year where Trails in the Sky 3rd didn't come out. What an achievement for such a small team.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

CJacobs posted:

HIS NAME IS

DUFF

MC WHALEN

I LAY AWAKE AT NIGHT

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

VideoGames posted:

I did some number crunching, and I hope I'm wrong, but the biggest mass murdering video game character in video gaming history is Mario.

The manual states that the members of the mushroom kingdom have been turned into the bricks that litter every world. The very bricks Mario will often smash. Coupled with sales numbers of at least 325 million core games sold...

Thank you so much for to playing his game...

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Really Pants posted:

It's a great game, but my theory about all the horrible poo poo that happened to Hallownest is that it was actually punishment for the way the King built his awful, awful house.

Just equip hiveblood so you never die and it becomes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less frustrating. It's one of my favorite areas personally and I can't wait to do it on a good framerate once the switch version hits because my laptop could just barely handle that game..

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

DO I need to have played Kingdom of Loathing to enjoy West of Loathing.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Did they change voice actors for Travis? that didn't sound like RAD.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm very excited to play Ys 8 on ps4, and very unexcited to read that games broken rear end localization while I'm playing it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sakurazuka posted:

There's a demo on PS4 now and the English voice acting sounds like a PS1 game and the translation is pretty awkward. Fortunately there's a Japanese option to take care of the former.

I thought maybe it was just gonna be that the demo is a rough thing that they probably did first since its the same demo as the japanese version but there's a few reviews out and game informer in particular gave the translation a knock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Lord forgive me but I'm Knack on my old bullshit.

• Locked thread