Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Speaking of idiots, hi I'm one. I started to actually play Voice Acting Meme Game, Chaos Wars, a couple of days ago.

It's, uh... fine? I guess? As a game, I mean. It's just a simple srpg crossover thing.

But the cutscenes are the real gold, as expected. Generic villain looking dude Yoichi is my favourite so far because his voice doesn't match his appearance, his "actor" is the worst one I've heard thus far and not just because of weird intonations or anything. He manages to mispronounce English words all the time on top of having 10/10 terrible delivery.

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Phantasium posted:

It's okay, friend. For some reason last month I had a bout of brief insanity and played Beyond the Beyond for a little bit, at least until I got to the point where random encounters happened every ten steps in a ten floor dungeon and where the puzzles reset between rooms and kept having to be re-solved, and where the further you went down the more enemies it spawned that could throw party-wide spells that took a quarter of everyone's health. God what a garbage game.

I have a copy of Beyond the Beyond somewhere around here, but I've never gotten far into it. I probably should just to see how bad it can get, but I realistically got more than enough of Camelot's bad RPG design by playing through the Golden Sun games a couple times. And when those are considered the good ones...

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I can't believe no one has mentioned the factual truth that ZX is both the best X game and the best Zero game.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Well, all I know is that the McElroy brothers are not experts, and their advice should never be followed.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Harrow posted:

Travis insists he's a sexpert, though.

Man, if there's a degree on his wall then I haven't seen it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Imagine spending 80 hours of your free time playing a game you don't like.

80 is a pretty low number, tbh

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

From the replies

https://twitter.com/MutantSparrow/status/895423274934386689

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Well, it's a Final Fantasy game so you weren't exactly wrong

FirstAidKite posted:

Speaking of ps2 rpgs, was Eternal Poison any good?

I haven't played it in years, but I remember it being thoroughly "meh" for the most part, really. Nothing particularly stood out as bad, but not really anything that was all that good either.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

I just watched the first episode of kamen rider ex-aid

What the gently caress did I just watch

I dunno, but one of my non-SA friends is a giant Kamen Rider fan and recommended Fourze a while back. I'm def gonna start that later today, especially since all I know about it is this one rad webm:

https://ii.yuki.la/c/59/20ac2c4897c777846298c04220a8d058de4b9d2276040ea5099c09809db1959c.webm

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

babypolis posted:

Bienfu owns because everyone finds him as annoying as the player does, its a good deconstruction of the mascot characters in tales

"We acknowledge this thing is annoying but did it anyway!" does not make it good

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I don't remember many Net Yaroze things, but I do vaguely remember this and some generic poo poo action/adventure game that was somehow had more blocky character models than Final Fantasy VII.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

In Training posted:

back home from my travels and I have reached the Point of No Return in DDS1. Time to hunt for megabosses

Honestly, the hardest part is finding the Si Xiang anyway, so by the time you're there you've 100% got this,

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Sorry, it wasn't as fun as 999 or ZTD. The characters were annoying (except for K) and it just wasn't as compelling.

Also I hated the trust/betray mechanic because it always screwed you over.

e: 999 >>> ZTD > VLR

VLR absolutely suffers from the thing that everything ever that's the middle of a trilogy seems to, in which it exists basically just to be a sequel to the first one and set up the third one. Sometimes you get some neat stuff out of that that's interesting on its own, but VLR didn't even really try in hindsight.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Looper posted:

Genesis, Dreamcast, Master System, Saturn vs 1, 2, 3, 4

Genesis is at least sort of clever and p intuitive.

No one bought any other Sega consoles though, so they dont matter

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

We could argue about what the good Final Fantasy's are again if you like.

easy

all of them but also none of them

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

homeless snail posted:

there was a game that used to be popular around here years ago called murder mansion that is kind of like that, ran on the same platform that had space station 13. just a bunch of people loving around in a mansion and one of them is secretly trying to murder everyone else

Yeah, Betrayal at House on the Hill is a p fun game to play every now and then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

chumbler posted:

I thought it was supposed to be someone dabbing sweat off their forehead, but in a stylized way. I have learned something today.

same tbh

• Locked thread