Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

Same with DmC, Ninja Theory was just following orders from the higher ups at Capcom but since they're filthy gaijin they get all the blame.

I don't think the Capcom higher ups told them to make the gameplay worse in every single way compared to it's predecessor.

On the other hand it's Capcom so they might actually have done that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

botw is literally the only game where I've gotten excited about exploring

All other open world games have felt worthless in that regard.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Whenever I've tried to watch the international the announcers say 5 minutes in who won because it's basically already been determined by somebody failing or gaining on some of the million boring poo poo statistics happening on screen constantly but then they still have to play the rest of the 45 minute match for no reason. Pass.

I'm pretty sure the announcers never said that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Could you please consider the nazis feelings before laughing at them?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hearts of Iron 3

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

top tier characters:
tidus
wakka

top tier character if you use a :psyduck:-tier guide:
rikku

mostly-good tier characters:
yuna

only use as necessary:
everyone else

That's really bad advice for someone just going through the game normally. Like, Wakka isn't anything special until you get to the endgame and just abuse slots.

All characters are alright to use in the story. Lulu will fall of but is still usable.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

wakka is always a good character even before you can abuse his slots because he has high attack but also extremely high accuracy

All of them are good in the until post-game stuff, aside from like Kimahri (who is still fine) since he doesn't have a niche that someone else doesn't already do

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Here's a pro tip for FFX: Don't do the awful postgame stuff

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Good to see that NMS is finally out of early access

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hate that I immediately recognized it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fuckin lol at calling Sonic Adventure 1 pretty good when it's absolute poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Fuckin lol at being hyperbolic as hell about a game that was favorably received at launch. It didn't age super well but it was also one of the first 3d platformers ever so that's no big surprise.

It's poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

There are probably some phone games I would play if I had any desire to own a smartphone. Pokemon Go is still dumb as hell however

A smartphone is necessary for being able to shitpost on SA at all times

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You could also like get a phone that doesn't have all that dumb poo poo you listed

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Every year is a better year to game than the last one since you can still play old games

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

an actual dog posted:

The clash of clans guy has since closed his mouth

I hope all of the other game guys followed suit and closed their mouths too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PUBG is good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

What it looks like a game made in 2008 how is that even a thing?!

It's an unreal engine 4 game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I don't see the appeal. It just looks like another of the hundreds of knockoffs of DayZ to me.

It's the one DayZ knockoff that is good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah pretty much. You can tell it's popular because they took the "battle royale" framework and actually made something fun to play, but one of these days some AAA dev team is gonna announce how they're making PUBG only with way better aesthetics and netcode and PUBG will probably die a slow death.

they will inevitably gently caress it up instead and PUBG is going to be fine

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

There's a hell of a lot of wandering around and not a lot of action, and when there is action it comes almost entirely down to who pulls the trigger first or has been waiting in the same spot the longest. That and the zombies are completely superfluous, it may as well not be a zombie game.

Well none of those things are true for pubg so you might like it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

they're kind of true for pubg

or is that :thejoke:

They are only true for pubg in that it might have 5-15 minutes with little/no action sometimes but it's being compared to DayZ where that time is 10 hours

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Also PUBG is a stupid name

I don't think anyone here disagrees with that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Serf posted:

Battlegrounds is one of those games that I know I would be terrible at, but watching people stream it is fun occasionally.

Almost everybody else is terrible too so it doesn't matter

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

We all know Sonic says NO to fascism and racism but where does Mario stand?

Sega does what Nintendon't so it's safe to assume that Mario is a fascist

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's no more stupid than kickstarter being just a glorified preorder with more risk in most cases

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That's amazing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

People also said that Lords of the Fallen was ok and it was loving awful. Not falling for it twice.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I'd rather open world games take after combat systems like Horizon Zero Dawn over literally any and all Dark Souls knockoffs because I am so bored of that simplistic poo poo. Also maybe take that game's crafting system which boils down to "hold a button in the midst of a fight and you're done"

How about no lovely crafting at all?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

haveblue posted:

What's lovely about it? It's a reload button that consumes trash items instead of ready-made clips. lovely crafting would be forcing you to pause into the inventory and mess around with menus, this is about the best crafting can possibly be while still being called that.

Do you enjoy collecting trash items just so you can press a button to able to shoot? Resource collecting to craft ammo in Horizon is just boring busywork.

Also needing shoot a billion rabbits/rats/whatever to possibly get a rare drop to increase your carrying capacity is really loving dumb.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 22, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

vermin posted:

Horizon sounds a lot like Far Cry Primal.

Let me craft 24 arrows out of my rear end while I'm running from a giant cave bear.

Except Horizon is good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

haveblue posted:

Still not seeing the difference between collecting tree branches and collecting ammo clips. Those things are literally everywhere and you get arrow parts from every robot you kill too.

The more advanced crafting stuff can get annoying, yes, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the basic ammo systems.

In Horizon running out of some rareish material just mean that I had to spend 30 minutes doing some boring poo poo to collect more of it. Or just going to the town to buy some with the endless amount of money I had but that was pretty boring too.

It wasn't exactly a big deal but it was just really pointless. Like limited in a game generally exists to limit the availability of your most powerful stuff and it really doesn't do that in Horizon.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I want to buy Horizon Zero Dawn.

You should

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope I can play Final Fantasy XV at 1440p@60fps, the current optimal PC game graphical setting

1920x1200 or 2560x1600 forever

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I read like two sentences from a backer character's backstory and then ignored all the rest.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

American healthcare continues to be awful.

My life would loving suck if I lived in the US since my monthly medication costs like $2500 a dose

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yes

No

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Actually I want it to say <immune> on my guys when a boss uses a really strong ability

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Half Life 2 was one of the first FPS games I played where the story was told to you without going to a cutscene at any point. There were a few times where you're strapped into something but the game never cuts away to a cutscene and that was pretty cool. It helped make you feel connected to the world in a way Halo didn't.

It's bad because I can't skip the cutscenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bethesda and horse armor

• Locked thread