Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Guy Mann posted:

How can you make a pregnancy game without Elsa, Spidergirl, the Minions, or orthodontic surgery? 0/10, would not buy

I think they're going to eat the baby...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

I like that Kirby was named after the Lawyer that won the Universal lawsuit for Nintendo and was picked because they could think of no one that fit being an adorable little puffball less. If course now the name just seems fitting and perfect, like it could never have been anything else.

Before I learned that I had always thought he was named after the brand of vacuum.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Is this guy supposed to be a gimmick or is he just a real guy who's real bad at video games

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

So earlier I was in a dark parking lot and KCB and I kept seeing these weird blue lights when we'd look up. For me, I just had to til my eyes up, but she had to tilt her head up.
The lights were in a specific location that would stay the same regardless of where we were and when we got into the car, we could see them still but they were very clearly outside.
Obviously this was some kind of light phenomenon but I have no clue what since these lights would quickly disappear out of my vision as soon as I saw them. I wasn't wearing any glasses, KCB was wearing glasses, I would see 4 dots in a row and she would only see 2 dots in a row. It was in a parking lot without any light except for the nearby road and the light from the moon. Anybody have any idea what the phenomenon behind this would be? I made a gif representing what I saw when I'd quickly glance up.

https://youtu.be/1npL-TNFOAQ

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

Grimoire was quietly released in the morning in America without much fanfare and has sold well over a thousand copies before closing hours. Not bad for an indie game written by one person with almost no advertising whatsoever of any kind. The sales seem to be increasing hourly.
:words:

Why is he so proud of his own incompetence in advertising his own product

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I'm finally getting around to playing Tekken 7 after getting it on sale a few weeks ago. I haven't played a Tekken game since Tekken 3 like almost 20 years ago, and I never really paid attention to whatever "story" there was, but goddamn has it always been this terrible? I feel like whoever wrote it really wants you to care about it, but I could not give less of a poo poo about this nonsense about these two rival corporations that started a world war or some poo poo, and literally everyone speaks a different language but they're all apparently fluent in multiple languages so they can understand each other, and something about a demon and golly for a fighting game there sure are a bunch of armed guards with glowy eyes and JESUS CHRIST JUST LET ME DO PUNCHMANS I SPEND MORE TIME SKIPPING THROUGH STORY SEGMENTS THAN I DO PLAYING THE GAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Story mode in fighting games is just a shoddy way to subsidize the game for the people who actually like fighting games. Play multiplayer, practice in training mode, or maybe do some tutorials / challenges if the game has them.

I guess I was just spoiled by MK9 (and to a lesser degree, Injustice)'s story modes, where they managed to have interesting story bits that were both succinct and tied well into explaining why mans want to punch each other.
I also came out of those story modes with at least a basic grasp of how all the characters controlled, whereas in this story mode they're just like surprise, we're done bleep blorping about G Corporation or whatever, time for the AI to beat the unholy poo poo out of you.

• Locked thread