Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Cold Steel 1 is basically 95% unrelated to Sky, like there are some cool nods but it's just as cool to play CS first then go back and see the references and characters from halfway across the world.

To be fair, there's one major reveal from SC which Cold Steel rather unavoidably spoils. Admittedly it was something many people would've guessed anyway, but still. That's pretty much the only big thing that's spoiled and if someone really wants to play Cold Steel before the Sky games despite that, then yeah, it's a good place to jump in. That said, I'd advise people to try the Sky games first if they're interested, since it's not as though there's any particular reason to avoid them, and I personally think they're quite a bit better on the whole.

(As far as people complaining about pacing problems in FC goes, I'd say Cold Steel is probably worse for that. CS takes less time to get going, but it's waaaaay too long.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

My MSI-brand 970 baaaarrreely fit in my old case and the cooling isn't exactly ideal- prob will just buy a new one whenever I need a new motherboard, whenever that is. Current one is like 8 years old. drat so is the power supply- something's gonna break sooner or later but I've been Frankenstein-ing parts in there over time to keep up and it's worked fine so far

I have a 3570K but I'm still running it at stock clocks because I didn't realise that pretty much none of the affordable non-stock coolers fit in my case properly (or, at least, none of the ones available at the time did). I keep meaning to get that sorted, but to be honest I've had very few games where my CPU's been the limiting factor (GTA V, maybe?), so I've never bothered. I guess I'll just get a new case when I finally upgrade, but my 970/3570K's been more than enough for 1080p for years now, and I'm certainly not dropping a bunch of cash on a new monitor anytime soon, so :shrug:

• Locked thread