Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Macaluso posted:

The Shadow the Hedgehog XCOM-like??

No, the 2D throwback that is going to loving own bones

Shame about those static themes but only about 1% of PS4 themes are any good anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

A 2D Shadow the Hedgehog? drat, we live in exciting times.

:mad:

glam rock hamhock posted:

I hope the Mario/Rabbids x-com game is a success and that somehow leads to a Sonic/Minions Shining Force game

I hope anything leads to a new, classic style Shining Force game :(

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would settle for a western release of all of Shining Force III

Remember when TotalBiscuit was LPing it and SA didn't think he was a giant prick? Good times.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I thought that was all after he abandoned that LP but it was awhile ago so I may be wrong :shrug:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CJacobs posted:

<game> is good but Sonic Mania is going to be better

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

littleorv posted:

It seems like just yesterday a really dumb friend of mine was going nuts at the announcement for SONIC MANIAAAAAAAA

We're friends? :3:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

"I will shoot you with my combination gun/flashlight/e-cig!"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Issues of sexual harrasment, et al aside lol just lol at someone trying to get laid via twitter DMs

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That Voltron reboot on Netflix gave me that same feeling. Actually, I need to catch up on that...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Agents of Mayhem sounds like the bad guys from a 90's cartoon made to sell toys.

I'm sure someone has pointed this out before.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

I think that's the point though

corn in the bible posted:

i thought that was the idea

Emphasis on "bad guys" but the Saints weren't mean to be clean cut good guys either so :shrug:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Finally, a good Dark Souls item description.

Now hold on - there was that one about guys pissing their pants

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ARGs sound really good but the best way to experience them is reading about them afterwards, they sound painfully tedious to go through.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:stare:

Don't think I'll ever order the French Tickler...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

So how long before Valve try to crowdfund a new card type in Artifact so they can make more money without doing anything?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

As soon as someone mentioned the scream the movie song started playing in my head

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Thank God game time tracking wasn't a thing in the 90's, my Mega Drive Sonic times or Mario 64 would be astronomical.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What does this mean

Who was that twitter guy with the bad reviews earlier

WHO ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sorry, I do know who Sean Murray is but the idea was escalating confusion because that little dude thing is usually flipping a table or something so I have no idea what he's trying to communicate

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

precision posted:

Truly, No Man's Sky is the video game equivalent of Monster

(Monster is extremely infamous as being the single most traded in CD of all time)

Monster by who?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

precision posted:

Edit: ^ REM. Listent to it while keeping in mind it was recorded as the followup to the album with Losing My Religion and an acclaimed Yuppie acoustic album.

Ah yes, that takes me back. My mind just jumped straight to Metallica's Some Kind of Monster but to return something you have to buy it first.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

Man I am so loving excited for sonic mania. It feels weird to be hype for a game again.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

My only concern is that the superfans make it a bit too... romhacky. Like super hard or whatever.

Considering they're remixing classic levels I'll be too busy behaving like I'm 10 years old again to care!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

It's clear that Square thinks we Americans are noob casuals unworthy of completely maxing out the sphere grid. Well, my 141:00 original PS2 savefile disagrees.

I wish Australia was treated like noob casuals as I never got the Besaid hidden sphere and could not beat Dark Valefor that son of a bitch when I first played it on PS2.

And yeah, Taintrunner seconding the "don't do the postgame stuff" advice. It's just a mindless grind for little reward. I've beaten FFX multiple times, it's one of my favourites, and never bothered with that poo poo.

Oh, and one other thing - Blitzball is good to zone out and listen to music/podcasts too, and Chocobo racing is nowhere near as hard as people make it out to be :ssh:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Chicken + anything works well in my experience

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sonic: still the best

I don't see Mario coming out against facism. You could almost say Sega does what Nintendo wouldn't do, or something similar.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sonic Mania is sitting on my PS4 at home and I won't be able to play for another 7 hours fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Colonel posted:

perfect dark is a perfectly good game when it's not running at 2fps, just like jet force gemini would be a perfectly good game if you didn't have to struggle with the controls

I can still play Perfect Dark today and enjoy it. Those weapons, being able to dual wield everything... unf

quote:

goldeneye just kinda sucks though rip

Nah, still rules

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I thought I was going to be stuck in the Metal Sonic and that rear end in a top hat mini-Metal Sonic boss fight in Sonic Mania forever. Gave up in frustration on Wednesday night and last night I thought my entire session was going to be just that boss fight since I finally made it to the second phase... only to time out because the first phase took me so long. Just aggressively bad design.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Loving the rest of Sonic Mania though. Should've made the Sonic 3 special stages for emeralds though, rather than those awful Sonic CD ones :argh:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Sonic CD ones are so much better, especially with the redesign they gave them. The Sonic 3 ones are the same as the ever were and man they get nightmarish

Full disclosure: as a kid I plugged carts into Sonic & Knuckles and played that endless blue sphere mode for hours

corn in the bible posted:

I thought that fight was really easy, dunno how it took so long for you

I really struggled to figure out what to do in the first instance, and then I had some real bad luck with Tails getting in the way of my bouncing. Also: bad at videogames

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"Bring Back Homer Simpson"

- The Simpsons Producers, for every scene that doesn't have Homer since Season 11

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

lets hang out posted:

just spin dash into them when they start revving up

:stare:

I was jumping when they jumped, which was a lot harder

gently caress

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I got to the final boss fight in Yakuza 4 and I'm happy to never go back to that bullshit

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Step-tember mania

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

September Me

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

For some reason my tower PC has decided that any Steam game being played for longer than 20s results in a hard crash. Meanwhile GOG, Blizzard, & Twitch games cause zero crashes. :smith:

Anyone ever have that issue before? It's not a BSOD either.

Steam install may be corrupted or may be on a bad disk sector. Reinstall Steam and run a disk checker.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

What does a bad disk sector mean by the way?

Not sure if it matters much with SSDs, but with old style hard drives the various platters that spin to make up all the storage are allocated as sectors. A bad sector could mean some corrupt data is in that sector or there's a minor hardware fault with it. Unfortunately I don't know any good disk checker programs that aren't stashed on ancient CDs I've got from my old IT helpdesk days or I'd point you in the direction of one.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kite, your posts are so nice and brighten my day.

I was having a bad day at work but now I'm feeling slightly better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

vermin posted:

On the plus side, H3H3 won their lawsuit against the Parkour sex guy

wait what

• Locked thread