Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

We have a name in mind (from a video game character, natch) but nothing's set in stone yet. I'll take suggestions for names for a baby boy. We've got about 6 weeks to mull them over.

9s

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what was the neogaf guy's son's name. kale render or something

e: it was Kale Breckin

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

I like how this weed magazine has a Mario Kart review

a beginner's guide to dabs

someone with $30.... please make that an emote...........

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

dabs are not animated !! read the beginner's guide !!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I've beaten Horizon 3x this year

save some for the rest of us........

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

... !! :hai:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

I am enjoying the end game of P5 way more than I was expecting. In P3 and 4 the end game always felt like the weakest part of the story (especially in 4) but here everything is coming together.

It's also funny that I completely missed the big hint on the first twist but guessed it anyways because it's obvious and meanwhile I saw a major hint early on for the second main reveal and was completely clueless

which reveals because i can think of like four

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

That Igor isn't really Igor and has been using you this whole time. at the beginning of the game my first reaction to his voice was "man, that sounds way more menacing than it usually does" but of course I also thought nothing of it. Then it's revealed he's actually an evil god and when the real one comes back he has the normal voice

that one rules. when it happened i wooted softly in my mouth

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Looper posted:

August sounds like honest. It's a response to last month

it sounds like "aghast" because you're shocked they would question your Love of games

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

that tech is licensed by sonic the hedgehog of japan

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tread carefully friend. knack nation is watching

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i thought it was like knickknack because he's a puppet or something ?? made of little wood toys

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OApLDOqLymw

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yo what's the cheapest good graphics card out now. i have a 560ti right now

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

no the cheapest

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hmm i am strongly considering

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the only "buddy" cop of mine is one who's six feet under. that's right, i'm talking about Mole Patrol. keep the subterranean​ streets dirty boys

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[it's marvel baby voice but about knack] it's knack baby !!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Does anyone remember a ps1 rpg that was a crummy jrpg knockoff? I unfortunately can't be anymore specific than that. I just remember that it was a ps1 rpg, I don't believe it was a jrpg, but people tried comparing it to FF7 a bunch and it had really ugly art and I wanna say it might've had a robot in it or something, idk, and it was bad.

you're thinking of Chrono Cross op

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mmbn3 is the best mega man but mm1-3 or 4 i dunno. are good too. and mmx

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

excuse me megaman is literally lan's brother "hub". who died of cancer or something and they made him into a program.exe

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

maybe they shouldn't have made battle network 3 better than any of the platformers

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

justin/griffin overviews are back baby

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hey hey ho ho. nick Robinson has got to go hey hey

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the funniest part is the stinger:

oh, and... he hasn't tweeted

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/chrisgrant/status/893644803006578689

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you're thinking of ichiku + niku + sanku + yonku

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

don't be extremely thristy online and don't ask for nudes. yatta

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

CJacobs posted:

I assumed Callie and Marie being basically the same character

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mayo is gross. and that's the final word 😤

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

some might say the last season as well

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

CJacobs posted:

The portal 2 ARG was pretty cool when it was just a neat way to share concept art. I found it pretty novel from before E3 all the way up until the potato part, at which point it became "spend lots of money on these random games we picked and Portal 2 MIGHT come out up to SIX HOURS EARLIER"

edit: Actually it was 9 hours early but whoop de doo

if you did all the potato things they gave you literally every valve game including portal 2

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

<-- big potato doer here

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

The Colonel posted:

is getting every valve game for free worth having the wonderful end of the world and 123 kick it in your library

the ball was the worst one i think. i just remember hating it a lot

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

zelda is really good until it gets old. also the weapon durability system is trash

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there's like five puzzles in botw repeated 50x each. put apple at shrine. put block on wall. put ball in hole. lift up rock

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

them: ah. botw. the purest form of discovery. curiosity runs wild across the plains of hyrule. exploration, for exploration's sake...

me [insanely calm, and cute] the weapon durability system sucks

them [extremely shook]: if you had one weapon the whole time you wouldn't use any others. you need to be forced to try new things it's good. you would just grab an endgame weapon and not explore

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Harrow posted:

*gets shook, sputters in incoherent rage*

(okay fine I'll take the bait) It's not because of exploration: it's because you could grab an endgame weapon super early and then steamroll everything and no other item you find would be valuable at all, which would suck some of the fun out of exploration. Part of the joy is how you're always finding things to play with, and they always have value because you always need resources. Without that, the game would still be fun and the exploration would still be fun, but it'd be missing some of the extra spice, that's all.

Weapon durability means the game can let you get super awesome endgame weapons right away, confident that eventually you'll be hungry for more because they can break. Maybe making them so easily accessible was a mistake, since I know some people have said they just kept doing Hyrule Castle runs for more every time they broke and totally defeated the purpose of it, but I don't think the answer is that the durability system shouldn't have been there.

actually it sucks. the zelda weapon durability sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you get the master sword and it breaks too. it's called something else like ran out of evil fighting juice but it's the same mechanic

• Locked thread