Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am busy collecting Ivory Charms in Breath of Fire 3 and grinding lava men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Phantasium posted:

I love that the volcano rock enemies have big rock asses if you catch them from behind.
Everything about them can be made into one big sex joke.

I wish I didn't put up items that might be a max difficulty copy in the village. Takes about 30 encounters and I still remember trying to copy that Life Armor.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

raditts posted:

I think they're going to eat the baby...?
To serve man.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Samuringa posted:

*uses a Megalixir*

Do it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Might I interest you in the wonders of alchemy? Your numbers get bigger.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I somehow managed to fail state Breath of Fire III at the Shisu bullshit section. The NPCs didn't mention anything about how to make it and none of the games are flagged. Had to use an earlier save and made the worst Shisu he would accept after failing it once.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Good soup! posted:

It's funny to go back and play Anticipation on the NES for shits and giggles because even though 8 bit pictionary cant exactly be complex there are times where I'm just starting at the screen and trying to figure what in the gently caress the game is trying to draw haha
The only thing more memorable than the music in that game, is the very poor quality screeching sound when you make a mistake.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
X4 is great if you think the dialog is meant to be cheesy and not supposed to be taken seriously.
I also prefer MML2.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The Colonel posted:

here's the only part of x5 you should ever care about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57arnjuNmy0

this guy owns because he doesn't have any super dark villain motivation he's just an rear end in a top hat being paid to murder thousands of people and he doesn't really give a gently caress. and then he goes insane and dies in x6
I don't remember him dying in X6. He survives several fights with you while trying to become some god through those Dark Souls.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Macaluso posted:

Hmm no I would like context actually please thank you
The birth of a new era of cloud x seph fanfiction.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

babypolis posted:

the main takeaway for me is that twitter really loving sucks and you should never use it
It is cancer.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Captain Invictus posted:

the weapon durability system is trash...if you're bad.

If you're not bad, and use weapons smartly, it's good and adds variety!
Does charging up attacks use up durability any faster?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
We can download weed.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

CJacobs posted:

Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs is a cop (and there are several asian characters in various positions of power in the mafia), but I guess he falls under the generic umbrella of "martial arts master" to the pedantic eyes of SA goons

edit: Faith in Mirror's Edge
Ada Wong in Resident Evil
Several characters in the Street Fighter games

That's what I can think of off the top of my head but there are more and just that short list of a handful fulfills several roles so :shrug:
Ada Wong is a master in backstabbing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Downs: Very

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/896370250463281152

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Looper posted:

Tales of Berseria is good, but has possibly the worst mascot character I've ever seen

That weird bunny from Xenogears is also up there
Seraphita was not the mascot.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Phantasium posted:

loving game trying to have serious scenes where she's piloting a pretty princess mech that shoots off hearts when she attacks.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

precision posted:

i think America has been put into an unwinnable state, when did we last save :ohdear:
Iron Man up.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Breath of Fire III bugged out again and I couldn't manually make camp in the Desert of Death, so I did it during the day. Just checked the sand and clouds to follow the two stars. Maybe I'll finish tomorrow and prepare Xenogears.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Grapplejack posted:

Are you enjoying it? BoF 3 & 4 are two of my favorite jrpgs.
It is like my fourth time so I am used to the bullshit. Last time was without using Accession at all and trying a low level game before giving up halfway. It was extremely boring. Next time, I will go fishing and break the game over my knee. Xenogears is my all time favorite game and I will utterly abuse Ether attacks and the Battling.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Grapplejack posted:

I think my GOTY list so far is:
1. Nier Automata
2. West of Loathing
3. Sonic Mania
4. Prey
5. End is Nigh

I'm not seeing anything else upcoming that might knock any of those off the list, so I think that'll be mine for this year.

I loving love the fishing in bof games, it's so fun. I'd go and play it again but I don't know how it emulates and i'm not going to pull my ps1 out of the box to play it.
Don't use PSX. Some sprites have an ugly line behind them and the game might bug out at the Desert of Death or that Sushi segment. Try ePSXe.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

exquisite tea posted:

A bunch of gaming channels are reporting that they had hundreds of their old videos demonetized per youtube's new rules. The ACG dude just posted a vid explaining the situation as did others, seems like a real lovely crackdown on content.
Who would have guessed that lovely Youtube would follow through on being lovely?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I didn't know they can grow mold.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Don't you ever compare Kirby to goddamn Trump. gently caress you.
Thanks for reminding me of your loser whinging.:butt: I'll beat Breath of Fire 3 and have Trump fairly defeat this nasty woman.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Aug 19, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Jay Rust posted:

What's with the Brian thing? I don't think I skipped any pages

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Wily in MM7 can sleep on a bed of spikes. I'll take the game yelling at me to jump, over being stun locked for way too much damage.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Stop all the action, Alia has something to say. *The floor is lava every couple of seconds.* Thanks Alia.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That is the spot of why I hate Chemical Plant. I would rather meet the mantis in Metropolis.
You can fall to your death in between the ground section that is shaped like a sideways 8 that has the background platform mirroring the foreground.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 20, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The Colonel posted:

remember when friends of mineral town had a bug where a character would randomly speak to you in german
One of the HM games I think was Hero of Leaf Valley, had to whitewash a kid and he didn't even buy the stuff he wanted you to trade him.

Natsume also brought us Chulip.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Norns posted:

Just start a patron and be a huge piece of poo poo
That is also turning out the same.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello everybody

The news has got me down.

I don't know if any of you live in Texas but if you do I hope you are safe and that your friends and family are safe.

It's very disheartening seeing that Trump pardoned Joe Arpaio and signed that directive to ban trans people from the military. To be honest, I've already been feeling down and stuff like that is just making me feel worse.

I just want everyone to know that I'm hoping they're going to have a good weekend. Politically, America is a wreck right now, and it's scary, but I want all of you to know that I'm wishing you luck and hoping for your safety. I don't know when things will get better. I don't know if they'll get better sooner or later. Honestly, I'm scared and sad and just generally not feeling well as a result of this entire mess, it's a lot to take in and it feels like the country is regressing more and more.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that I hope everyone is well. I despise what is happening right now but I know that all I can do is tell people that I want them to keep on trucking, that it is important for them to keep on keeping on, because together we can eventually make it through this horrible situation.
A shame that all this good news is being overshadowed by this hurricane. Hope the people in Texas can weather it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm still so happy that not only is a new Fist of the North Star game getting made, but it's being made by the Yakuza team.
So long as it is slow and methodical, I can look forward to that.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That is one marble-looking cat.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Hollismason posted:

Well giant robots that mooed killed me a bunch but I think I got the hang of things
Did you take your 15 minute break?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Farewell, my perfectly rotund, neckbearded Mii.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

precision posted:

Yakuza Kiwami is really fuckin good my friends
Keep me in suspense.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

FirstAidKite posted:

Now if the outfit was Rikku's dark knight outfit, that's something I'd say "yeah ok go ahead drop 30 bucks on it"

Looks more like a Shadow the Hedgehog outfit.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Palpek posted:

Wait, he eats it with a fork?
You pick up the noodles with it and then you drink the soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

FirstAidKite posted:

What about Chocobo Dungeon

Or Ehrgeiz

I'd love for a xenogears hd rerelease for pc but I wouldn't expect anything like that ever
Xenogears looks amazing on ePSXe. At double speed or maybe 100fps, it runs smooth like a PS2 game.

• Locked thread