Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

tadashi posted:

I can't wait for the first time somebody does this but tells the city to go gently caress themselves, instead.

Well Yu basically told the few dumbshit local sports writers to gently caress off.

Anyways Gallo it another bomb all the way over the batters eye last night. I love him so much.

And he might actually be figuring poo poo out finally. Since July 1 (arbitrary end points/small sample sizes I know):

.245/.385/.660
OPS: 1.045
wRC+: 168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
The Rangers are giving away on-deck circle mouse pads the same weekend they are honoring Beltre getting 3000 hits.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Was this posted? Kinsler owns.

http://deadspin.com/ian-kinsler-thinks-angel-hernandez-needs-a-new-job-it-1797875692

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

New Concept Hole posted:

Gallo is the living embodiment of a "what if?" baseball player question. I kind of want him to finish <.200 just to further baffle people

He's my favorite.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Joey Gallo is 3rd all time in ISO for all players with > 500 PAs having just passed Barry Bonds. Only Ruth and McGwire are ahead of him.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

https://twitter.com/beckjason/status/899056496935411713

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Looks like Texas/Houston will be playing their set at the Trop.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

IcePhoenix posted:

Logistically it would have been a nightmare to deal with the tickets already sold for the September series. They'd have to honor them but also offer returns or transfers (and somehow getting them similar seats) for everyone.

Right. "Just swap the series" is one of those things that sounds like it's perfect common sense like a flat tax, but life is actually really complex and simple solutions aren't so simple.

I don't think either team is in the wrong for their opinion on how we got to where we are, but it's pretty annoying that there are a bunch of hot takes flying around.

Intruder posted:

I feel like the Astros aren't particularly concerned about the money from gate attendance compared to not wanting to play "home" games in the opposing team's ballpark when they're at this point clinging to home field advantage in the AL

See this is what I mean. That is 100% an OK decision for Houston to make and nobody should be mad that they decided they'd rather play in Tampa than give Texas an extra series at home, just as it is OK that Texas didn't want to give up their late home series to swap and also deal with the mess of ticketing and whatnot.

But its extremely frustrating to see articles/tweets/etc calling the Rangers classless or assholes when both sides are making perfectly valid decisions on baseball grounds.

KIM JONG TRILL fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 29, 2017

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Abel Wingnut posted:

can someone explain how cashner is performing even remotely well? his peripherals are off the charts terrible

Magic, I'm pretty sure.

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/903356232446205952

:eyepop:

I have no goddamn clue what they'd have left in the farm to trade for him though.

I really hope another high profile player refuses to get traded to the Astros.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Abel Wingnut posted:

more from heyman:

Texas made clear to the Astros they were completely willing to trade Yu Darvish in-state and in-division despite rumors of rivalry/bad blood. But they never got close. The Rangers started by asking for Houston’s top guys, but eventually requested a package of good A-ball players. Houston, however, offered David Paulino, a former prospect currently on the suspended list. It’s probably nothing about bad blood, either; the Astros were only looking to make a deal their own way.

--

tucker, i get wanting to keep. but i'm curious if they held fisher back too. fisher for darvish is a drat good deal and i have to think they would've done that?

Yeah this is not at all surprising. The Astros could have easily beat the Dodgers' offer without mortgaging the future. That said I'm pretty happy with the guys we ended up getting from LA.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Intruder posted:

Also two years ago the Astros had a deal in place for Hamels who also wouldn't waive his no trade

I really am wondering if players have developed a bad reputation for the Astros front office.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Also I really like the Miguel Gonzalez deal for us. It cost us next to nothing (seriously Forbes is a terrible prospect) and he's a pretty clear upgrade over Nick Martinez and AJ Griffin.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I really am wondering if players have developed a bad reputation for the Astros front office.

Or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I wonder if they guaranteed his option

• Locked thread