Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/892578361196724224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is there a stat for how all position players pitched during a particular season? I feel like their numbers are not as terrible as we'd expect.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I always wondered if the players need to sign off on this or what. Like can you just make a bobblehead for any player who played for your team without compensating them?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Remember when the Cubs traded for a catcher so they could give Contreras rest and then proceeded to play him everyday anyway and now he's hurt?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sydin posted:

I highly doubt Schwarbs gets any significant time behind the plate. Avila is going to slot up to being the primary catcher, with Caratini as the backup.

Who knows? Maddon has to make sure we all know he's the smartest baseball mind in the world. Caratini will probably start 80% of the games for some dumb reason.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Am I being overly optimistic hoping that he just hyperextended his knee a little and everything will be cool in a few days?

I mean I probably am, but that's not like Jason Kendall blowing his ankle out ugly like the posts made me believe before watching the video.

No. Durant had kind of a nasty looking bend like that and it turned out not to be the ACL. They probably already know.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Yeah it look like he just caught it in a weird way.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't think Joe Maddon is a good manager anymore. Like did the World Series ruin him or does he think going against the numbers makes him look smarter than everyone else?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Explosionface posted:

N: Apparently the Cubs gave out WS rings to Rick Renteria, Dale Sveum, and Jim Hendry. Apparently buried in a story about the White Sox

V: Don't care about the other two, but I'm super happy that Renteria got one.

Hendry deserves it. Contreras and Baez were instrumental in their WS run.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Someone has to have dubbed Ultimate Warrior's theme to this.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

real story i posted in SAS back in 2008 or whenever it was

my girlfriend at the time housesat for rowdy Kyle Farnsworth a decade ago

the place was the most TRUMPed out home I've ever seen. like there was gold leaf covering everything. the silverware was fake gold. it was tacky as HELL and there were reproduction Caravaggios hung over cheap wallpaper. however the landscaping was exquisite, and I got to use a heated bidet.

kyle owns.

He also hosed every woman in Wrigleyville during his tenure here. Guy was a loving legend. I forgot the bar he used to close down every other night.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Great fight from the 80's. Also that has to be the fattest ump ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZgw-ujI8UI

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It might have been 6 if Russell was healthy.

Looking forward to seeing the much hyped slider-curve thingy that Dillon Maples throws.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I wouldn't give up squat for him. If the Cubs are going to spend that kind of money on a veteran pitcher going forward, just pay Arrieta who is 3 years younger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/status/903467862483808256

Feels like a good move. Defensive replacement for Happ in the late innings and can do some pinch running late. The September roster expansion makes for some weird baseball sometimes.

• Locked thread