Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rand alPaul posted:

Ian Kinsler is a huge dick so I'm glad he's taking on the umps.

Yeah this times 1000. He's a pretty big douche, but this is an excellent use of his skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Inspector_666 posted:

Aside from his regrettable quote during the WBC, what else has Kinsler done?

He is a walking pile of salt whenever you bring up the Rangers. He really didn't like how his career here ended, and there were some in DFW that felt he was an enabler whenever he would hang around with Josh Hamilton. Point is, he's typically always had some lovely remark or two for Texas whenever he plays them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Some might say the Texas Rangers are currently playing their best baseball as they chase down the second wildcard spot. With pitching as thin and shakey as theirs is, they pretty much have to go into every game aiming to throw up a comical amount of runs to have a shot at victory. No lead is safe. They are currently sitting at .500 yet again, so...not really sure why anyone bothers implying they're going to go on a tear.

Not saying it's impossible, but it would require the team being a completely different team than they've been for the entirety of the season thusfar. I just don't see it shaking out. But who knows!:shrug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tyson Ross stood up tall last night and yanked the crown of "worst Texas Rangers pitcher" from the rest of the team.

He is really, really bad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:siren: The Texas Rangers are over .500 for the first time since June. :siren:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The rangers are below .500 again.

I will make the bold prediction that they will not reach 5 games over .500 even once this season.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Man, gently caress the Astros front office. All the money from their series against Texas would have gone to Houston had they played in Arlington. Now that series isn't going to raise more than....poo poo, maybe $20.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

The Rangers generously offered to grab an extra home series because they think they'll be playing for a playoff slot in late September

Yeah and when they don't make it everybody can laugh at them. I'm just pointing out that the Rangers are taking a lot of poo poo from pissy Astros fans when there was a decent offer on the table to bring money back to Houston, and the Astros turned it down. The Rangers playing in Tropicana Field isn't going to make a ton of difference to the team. The same can't really be said for the team who I'm sure would much rather play a few hours away from home.

I really feel for the team in this, since they've got homes and families probably pretty shaken up by all the weather. The front office made a mistake here though, and they're trying really really hard to pin it all on Texas. So gently caress them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

The Rangers are both assholes and classless but I thought this long before Harvey hit :colbert:

Then all is good, friend.

It's just another instance of me needing to stop looking at Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Should have opened with that, you son of a gun.

• Locked thread