Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Grittybeard posted:

Jeff Passan and Doug Gottlieb are having a little twitter beef.

Gottlieb had some dumb hot take about how we should be suspicious Adrian Beltre is on steroids because he's from the Dominican Republic and it's easy to get PEDs there. This wasn't Passan's initial reply but it's his best:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/892484794591981569

God Jeff Passan is the goods.

http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2017-08-01-jeff-passan-interview-with-doug-gottlieb/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Montgomery just had a hell of a save.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

What was Heyward's average last year?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

God bless the Brewers for just giving up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Explosionface posted:

It's funny because my gut reaction would be despair/disgust at selling so quickly after a WS title. However, reading the specific comments, it's a very nuanced, and understandable position that I totally agree with.

I'm much happier with the current reality, of course.

Theo and Jed could probably sell me on the virtues of white nationalism. They are extremely good at talking.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Popete posted:

Yeah I doubt they would have actually blown the team up. More like they might have considered trading Schwarber.

They probably wouldn't have trade Schwarbs. But Arrietta, Wade Davis, and anyone else with an expiring contract would be gone.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I really should make my way up to Chicago and go to Wrigley. Haven't been there since the renovations

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Willson Contreras is completely and utterly insane

can confirm.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

This just in. Joe Maddon still subpar at handling pitchers.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I really want to the Hat the Cubs use for that

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/mccoveychron/status/897290319502245888

rip

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

cis autodrag posted:

You picked like the worst possible tweet on this topic.

I will make sure to do better next time for you.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Baez is going to launch one into the stratosphere.

edit: wrong thread but called it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

So this happened

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/898656823263150081

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

lmao Rizzo wasn't even going to cover first

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It's okay to like players even if they're not the best at baseball.

:smith: Corey Patterson

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Thugs.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

efb

Javy owns.

gently caress the haters.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A for effort i suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Poque posted:

I don't want verlander

On the other hand, gently caress John Lackey(even though he's actually been decent)?

• Locked thread