Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Intruder posted:

The Astros are under .500 since the ASB :smith:

Yay, go m's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
One of the Rainier players during the depression had the nickname "Scrap Iron" :hellyeah:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
How did Paxton get credited with the win last night?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

IcePhoenix posted:

Because he was still the pitcher when the Mariners took the lead :confused:

Ah, it changing to the seventh inning didnt matter

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Felix on dl again :(

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
How do doubleheader tickets work? Like do people with tix to yesterday's royals game get to go to the early one today, but then the stands are cleared out between games so seats aren't double-booked for the second game? I thought in the minors you could buy one ticket and just stay all day.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Grittybeard posted:

I think this particular instance one ticket works for both games, this is a traditional doubleheader with game two starting around a half hour after game one ends. There isn't enough time to clear out the stadium between games in that case. Those are kind of rare these days, most of the time it's a day/night doubleheader and I think you need two different tickets for those, but I'm not 100% sure. It would probably kind of suck to sit in the stadium for hours when there's nothing going on in that case anyway.

e: I guess twi/night doubleheaders are still a thing and you'd only need one ticket for those. The classic doubleheader where it's early afternoon/late afternoon is what's pretty rare these days. I'd imagine the games mostly have to land on a Sunday by chance in order for that to happen.

So do people with tix today get seat preference, and people who had tix yesterday just get a credit for any empty seat or refund?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Abel Wingnut posted:

yonder alonso is a mariner

Odd trade, did our 1b get hurt?

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/355670032/Mariners-Acquire-INF-Yonder-Alonso-From-Oakland

We traded them boog powell so we lost the trade by namescore :(

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tom Gorman posted:

Boog Powell is apparently 75 years old, has osteoporosis and the physique of Dusty "The American Dream" Rhodes, this is a bad trade for the A's imo

Well the A's didnt really lose anything for him so w/e, good trade for Beane

Kind of odd for the M's tho, sure he's a batting upgrade over our current 1b but not by a ton, and he's just a 2 month rental

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Just white sox rivalry

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

sportsgenius86 posted:

Disney is now the majority shareholder of BAMTech.

They're using it to launch an ESPN service in 2018 and a Disney only streaming service in 2019 when their Netflix deal ends.

Jfc, this is why i dont bother doing any stream services, there are already a half-dozen and counting.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Mariners blew yet another :(. Only game my niece can go to this year too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Jesus, m's getting worse by the day

• Locked thread