Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Jon Mayo is reporting that Braves are calling up our #2 overall prospect (#19 MLB) Ozzie Albies today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Better loving not be to just sit him there watching Camargo and Phillips play.

Edit: Albies will be the first major leaguer born in 1997. The millennium approaches.

He's starting at 2B tonight, Camargo will be SS. Freddie is at 1B and Matt Adams is in.....Left :lol:

elentar posted:

Oh also Lucas Sims is making his MLB debut tonight against the Dodgers, which seems like a good idea.

Oh good that makes three rookies starting for the Braves today.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 1, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Apparently Freddie is back at first full time now, and Phillips is on the bench when not spelling third. Would guess Phillips and Adams both get waiver-traded ASAP, not sure why they couldn't move them yesterday if this was the plan.

I like Phillips but he won't be in baseball longer anyway. I wish we could find something for Adams to do, I like him too much.

But yeah if we were going to lose both/either of them, I wish they would have done something yesterday.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

How bad was Freddie's 3B defense?

It wasn't great but it also wasn't terrible and he was getting better. He's just clearly a MUCH better 1B than 3B

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just what even are the Braves doing with 3B

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

It's a good thing the Braves aren't playing in October this year

Atlanta Braves: LA Dodgers killers

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

The Braves are gonna be the reason the Dodgers win 114 games instead of 117. Baseball makes no loving sense

Hey man it could be 113, there's still a game today. Wood is pitching today and his only loss came from GUESS WHO MUAHAHAHAH

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

what the gently caress

Hey man he ain't tryin to be the best at workin out

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bartolo pitched a complete game for the Twins tonight but couldn't get past 4 innings for the Braves. Cool.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Braves bringing Snitker back next year, that sucks.

??? Why? I like Snitker, players seem to like him too

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

43-7 achieved, best 50-game stretch by any team since 1912

Just imagine if they'd been able to beat the Braves with consistency :smug:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Tyler Flowers had some catchers gear specially made for this event but won't give any details on what it is.

The players are able to wear special gloves, cleats, sweatbands etc during these games so it'll be interesting to see what these guys come up with.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh we talkin' little league teams? Get wrecked bitches:

1990 Yankees MVP :smug:

Then I got traded to the Giants and was clearly much happier

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20294816/skunk-outfield-how-most-epic-trick-play-history-broke-baseball

Everybody read this, it's great. I'm phone posting or I'd quote some of this but I didn't want to forget to share it later. It's about the longest play in baseball history, a trick play, and how it happened.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

I guess I'm Brian McCann because every single sentence of that article made me so loving angry

What why?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whatever gently caress you guys I thought it was neat

e: well yeah it's a bummer it didn't work

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Like it's neat and clever I guess but it's such infuriatingly bad sportsmanship that I can't really handle it.

it's like when Bill Belichick pulls voodoo bullshit out of his rear end in a top hat against the Ravens

What a weenie

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

What I imagine being a superhero is like,

That kid is going to remember that forever and probably doesn't realize he just got saved from being nailed in the face by that ball.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do I want to know what Dream Daddy is? I'm not googling that

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well this is some bullshit. Cubs decided to make next friday's game vs. the Brewers a night game. I know a TON of people in town for that game and it's not going to go over well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cis autodrag posted:

It's because it's a super important series now since the Brewers and Cubs are neck and neck. They want it on when people can watch it on TV. It could very well decide the division based on how things break this week.

Yes but my friends won't like it

e: And by friends I mean the group of like 1000+ people that all bought tickets because they're here for the UGA/ND game on Saturday. They even got Vince Dooley (old UGA coach) to throw out the first pitch.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 31, 2017

• Locked thread