Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Golden Battler posted:

Also, shout outs to Endorph for swooping in with the sicknasty Tewi vote to crush both the Team 9 and Prismriver dreams simultaneously.
Every day, until you like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

I'd rather have an actual walnut than Kurumi honestly. At least then I'd have a snack.

To be fair apparently she's decent in 4, but she was so miserable in 2 that it has forever soured my view on her.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

nyttyn posted:

I'd rather have an actual walnut than Kurumi honestly. At least then I'd have a snack.

To be fair apparently she's decent in 4, but she was so miserable in 2 that it has forever soured my view on her.

For a second I was confused about which turn based game we were in and was wondering how anybody could be more unhelpful than PSYCHO BURGUNDY.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ardeem posted:

For a second I was confused about which turn based game we were in and was wondering how anybody could be more unhelpful than PSYCHO BURGUNDY.

Hello

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Now that's dedication to a gimmic.
(Also I'd totally forgotten he was in Soul Nomad)

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
hello we are streaming this endorsed by Battler: https://www.twitch.tv/nagessa

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Nages posted:

hello we are streaming this endorsed by Battler: https://www.twitch.tv/nagessa

Curses, missed it.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
He wasn't actually endorsed by me, it was a bootleg stream.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
:siren::siren::siren:
Chapter 63
:siren::siren::siren:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
There's no new characters to mention, and nothing to vote on. This post is mostly just here for posterity.

In lieu of anything else to mention, I'll just say the next chapter is probably my favorite in the entire franchise, so look forward to that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You think you're ready for mega-drama time, but no one is ever ready.

Also, I'd like to chip in that Paranoia Step is one of the best songs in the series, imo.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Seriously, seriously looking forward to the next chapter. Mmmooostly because unfortunately my knowledge of moonrunes is not anywhere near good enough to have gotten the payoff the first time around, but the visuals and music still had me crying a bit thanks to context.

Paranoia Step's pretty good but most of the songs in 4 are pretty good - it's got the best soundtrack of the series IMO.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

The next stage is alright.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Nages posted:

The next stage is alright.

Thanks, I appreciate the unhype, don't wanna get people expecting the second coming of christ or anything.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

I think you should bring Wriggle to the next map

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'll do my best xxxWriggleFan420xxx

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I saw at least one "Mokou1" instead of a dialogue portrait which is presumably supposed to be of Mokou.

Also a spot where it seems like an "I" didn't get picked up by the screen reader, leaving a sentence with a sudden start.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Fixed the portrait thing, though your directions on the latter problem were vague so I dunno what you're talking about.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

quote:

...Yes. always used to say that:
No, she's isn't. She really wanted to see you again, but it's been so long that she's too nervous to come out.
Aaaanyways, skipping past like, 5 turns of movement, we're mostly ready to begin our assualt. Rumia's, uh, not going to be contributing much with Flandre dead, and Ran's low on HP so she and Kurumi are just chilling atm, but otherwise we're good to go.

Few mistakes (bolded) including the "I" thing as the first.

This was a cool update...I think. I can't seem to remember what happened in it.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Thanks friends.

FWIW I am sick atm so I blame all mistakes on that.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Wait..why did the thread blow up again? I thought there was an update, but...I'm just not sure...

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I've seen a few videos of what I think probably happens next stage and they're cool and good.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
You've all been good children, so I fought through my acute case of the sick to bring you

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:
Chapter 64
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Voting time once again!

As an important note, this is a Night stage, in case that influences how you vote. Off the top of my head, Reimu, Marisa, Youmu, Sanae, and Daiyousei (and Keine I guess) all get weaker at Night, while Rumia, Remilia, Flandre, Kurumi, Wriggle, and Nue all get stronger. For reasons you'll see eventually, Shizuha, Minoriko, and Meiling (and maybe Youmu) all have good reasons to come to this chapter too, though I won't force it.

Marisa is as forced as usual, and both Alice and Satori are being force-deployed by the chapter. Factoring all that in, you got 57.0 to work with. Have fun.

Daiyousei
Sunny
Luna
Star

Elly
Kurumi
Rumia
Cirno
Koakuma
Letty
Chen
Lily White
Lunasa
Merlin
Lyrica
Wriggle
Mystia
Tewi
Medicine
Shizuha
Minoriko
Hina
Nitori
Kisume
Yamame
Parsee
Nazrin
Kogasa
Shou

Alice
Meiling
Patchouli
Sakuya
Youmu
Keine
Reisen
Komachi
FA Nitori
Momiji
Aya
Hatate
Sanae
Rin
Satori
Ichirin
Murasa
Shou (Pagoda)
Nue

Reimu
Ran
Mokou
Yuugi

Remilia
Farandole
Yukari
Suika
Eirin
Kaguya
Eiki
Kanako
Suwako
Utsuho

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 9, 2017

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

My first time playing this stage I picked all the wrong responses for dialogue choices and man is Satori just the worst person ever when you do.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I hope you all enjoyed FMW The Visual Novel.

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
Send in FA Nitori and show her what an upgrade actually looks like. 54.5

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mokou, 51.5

I mathed this time.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Can't have a night without a Moon. Luna, 50.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 8, 2017

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
I'm not crying, you're crying.

Star, 48.5

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sakuya for 46 left

Who left all these onions out here?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

China Meiling for 43.5
That was a really good chapter, and one I think I'd spend forever save scumming to see all the conversations in.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Well, Meiling's been taken care of so that means it's time to add Parsee. 41.5 left.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel pity for Battler so Nue, leaving 39.0.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Youmu, 36.5

For whatever it's worth, this next chapter is likely the hardest one in the entire game series.
We'll get to hear one of the best themes in the series in it too.

Buried Treasure
Oct 23, 2008
Let's add in Hatate, for 34 cost left.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Don't forget Komachi, leaving us at 31.5.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tewi, 29.5

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just a little translator's commentary here:

Satori doesn't have enough spellcards to match up with Koishi (since most of her are just copying people), so Sanbondo had to make up three of her spellcards here. The first, "Surface 'Question of Self-Consciousness'" is obviously just the inverse of Koishi's card there (Depths "Genetics of the Unconscious"), but the other two both involve puns with the word 'heart'. Now, obviously there's a heart theme going on here, you've seen them say it a billion times in the dialog, but Satori's original cards insert the word "heart" in words that would otherwise involve the sound 'shin' which is one way to pronounce 'heart'. So you get 'truth' (shinjitsu) written with the word heart and then her final card "HeartFlower". HeartFlower doesn't mean all that much by itself, but it's a homophone for evolution/progress/growth (shinka). So it's symbolic. And now you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Apparently the next chapter is legit tough so I guess I'll just refrain from voting Wriggle in for once.

Golden Battler posted:

I hope you all enjoyed FMW The Visual Novel.

The joke is SRW games, and in turn FMW games, are already visual novels with a strategy rpg hidden somewhere in-between scenes sometimes maybe. Now I'm no expert in SRW games but from what I can tell big emotional scenes either happen after battle in the VN section, or end up basically just being pep-talks followed by "now I'm gonna use my finishing move, BUT IN A CUTSCENE". All in all pretty limited in what you can do, so when this game dedicates an entire stage to just the interpersonal drama and leaves the combat bits out the door (minus the few cannon fodder enemies right at the beginning), using the base game mechanics to tell the story in a non-standard way, I think that's pretty amazing. When I first saw the stage I got pretty invested in the emotions of the scene despite not understanding a single word, that's not exactly something you can pull off in the standard VN sections.

Could do without the peanut gallery, though. Close, personal heart-to-heart moments and people on bleachers munching popcorn and giving live reactions don't exactly mix well.