Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yamame 39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yamame 40.5

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Random info:

1) Tenshi's conversations with Sanae, Cirno, Suwako, and Meiling are based on her victory quotes in Soku (where those characters were introduced). She quotes proverbs at them, and here they get to respond, I guess.

2) Tenshi has like one portrait face and it's really dumb. Such a dumb face, Tenshi. Stop making the dumb face.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Stay tuned and find out.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Voting closed a while ago, I believe.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm glad nobody is posting, thereby proving my theory that voting is the only way to get readers to post.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

She's still practically "another Reimu" for most purposes though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Glazius posted:

Oh, so the carrier isn't actually a roving home for the entire squad, as such? It seems like only a few people actually have quarters on it. I guess if you live in Gensokyo you get used to having to sleep rough now and again.

Most people actually have houses to go back to, and the incidents don't really take more than a day, usually.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yamame, obviously. 10.5.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Extremely disappointed Alice cares about her dolls on a personal level and doesn't view most of them primarily as mobile explosives. It's just weird.

They tie it into her backstory, so you can blame PC-98 nonsense.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yamamamamame leaving 51.5

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

In other news, I find it hilarious how Koishi just completely hijacked PoFV. We've spent like 7 chapters looking for her so far.

Edit: Eiki's "I will not accept random chance!" skill is also funny.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 14, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

quote is not edit

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 14, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

One last chance to bring Aki2, for the full Aki experience.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

3 Cost is enough for two more fairies.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's not everyone. The Aki sisters share a single conversation for most bosses, for example. For the record, this is not at all related to me bringing them up right before the voting finished.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You think you're ready for mega-drama time, but no one is ever ready.

Also, I'd like to chip in that Paranoia Step is one of the best songs in the series, imo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel pity for Battler so Nue, leaving 39.0.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just a little translator's commentary here:

Satori doesn't have enough spellcards to match up with Koishi (since most of her are just copying people), so Sanbondo had to make up three of her spellcards here. The first, "Surface 'Question of Self-Consciousness'" is obviously just the inverse of Koishi's card there (Depths "Genetics of the Unconscious"), but the other two both involve puns with the word 'heart'. Now, obviously there's a heart theme going on here, you've seen them say it a billion times in the dialog, but Satori's original cards insert the word "heart" in words that would otherwise involve the sound 'shin' which is one way to pronounce 'heart'. So you get 'truth' (shinjitsu) written with the word heart and then her final card "HeartFlower". HeartFlower doesn't mean all that much by itself, but it's a homophone for evolution/progress/growth (shinka). So it's symbolic. And now you know.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I am glad the devs are praising my translations.

Edit: Rough translation of the praise:

"I knew there were let's plays of FMW 4, but to think there'd be one with English subtitles...! It's amazing how they included nuance and even the peculiar charm. (Link goes to chapter 64, beware of spoilers)"

"Thanks to the liveliness of the conversations and the way they put things, I'm sure the translator was able to hear the voices of the characters. And the parts that were subtly different are teaching me where the Japanese was hard to understand."

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 8, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yes, he says they're considering releasing it on Steam.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yamame 51.5

I can't believe we missed the Aki sister's new move convo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

In case you skipped her video, Koishi also has a new attack that wasn't in either of her boss fights, and it's... interesting.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yamame, 49.5

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

If you put all the canon characters on the same boat they'd probably kill each other before they resolved an incident.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

For the record there's a bunch more dialog in the script that doesn't show up in-game. A conversation for every cast group when they start a battle, mostly commenting on how worried they were about the 8 people missing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yamame 22.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

Lowering the amount of tools you have at your disposal is a pretty boring way of increasing difficulty. All it does it make choices more and more binary and limit the possibilities, especially if you're also increasing enemy numbers. Imagine if you were playing an FPS and higher difficulties just removed certain guns from the game. That wouldn't make anything more interesting.

Well, more like being able to hold less guns at once. Seems like this would be more annoying than anything, really. That said, this kind of logic served Etrian Odyssey pretty well. The story goes that they found 6 characters in a party felt really comfortable, like you could include everything you needed, so they dropped it to 5 instead. The idea being that it forces you to be more careful with your choices.

Not sure how much that would help in a game like this though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Did we forget to bring Aki 2?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also I forgot to mention that this definitely should've been the chapter where Shou learn Absolute Justice. It's a little weird that she learned it earlier after the Nue chapter.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yamame please.

Incidentally, Byakuren's transformation has the same effect on her portraits as Keine, so look forward to ByakurenG or whatever to pop up in the dialog. Also her super mode is called "choujinka" or "superhumanize" referring to her spellcard Superhuman "Hijiri Byakuren".

Also also it's actually referred to in the code as Super Saiyan.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Technically PoFV's plot never started, although we already have its final boss in our party (Eiki) so it's a little weird. It was mentioned though. The 60 year rebirth cycle.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Now now, no need to get rude.

For the record, my understanding was that messing with data4 at all was causing strange bugs in other places, like crashing during the Yuyuko fight or if you ever equipped a skill that changed someone's Spirits in any way. Also something about Sanae's faith gauge. It was such a wide range of bugs that we decided it would be better to leave it untouched.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yamame will finally pull her weight. 51.5

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

You called Makura both "Muwatari" and "Yumewatari" in the update, I'm guessing only one of those is correct.

Also Meiling, 48.

I'm honestly not sure how you're supposed to read her name.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm glad we finally have all three Akis.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

wait, what the hell, Wriggle is a 2.0. I've been living a lie.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yamame 56.5

I like this chapter a lot, but honestly it's kind of hell to play though. Personally I finished off the northeast rabbits with a lot of big MAP attacks though, I figured that's why they give you Toyohime right there. Speaking of which, it's hilarious to me that Yorihime gets her animations updated for this game while Sakuya and Youmu are still stuck with mostly FMW1 animations.

Also, the idea of Sanbondo hastily writing Doremy out of the plot amuses me.

Edit: For the record, this is the second-longest chapter in the game, in terms of text. Presumably because it has to set up the whole incident, cover the entire chapter, and then handle the "night before the battle" scenes.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jun 3, 2018

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Oh yeah, for what it's worth we're still undecided about the translation of "Fantasy World." In Japanese it's Mugen Sekai (Mugen as in dream) and on the wiki it's translated as Fantasy World. But the term only comes up, like, once in Lotus Land Story so I'm not giving too much weight to that. Obviously it's where Yuuka lives (well, she lives on the border according to LLS).

I get the impression that Sanbondo's original plan was to have Mugen Sekai simply be the dream world in general, but since the dream world became an actual thing in LoLK they were forced to change it into a special part of the dream world.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

She's not a Lunarian, she's a youkai who lives in the dream world (which is neither the moon or the earth). She just did a favor for them in LoLK, which is why Sanbondo is acting like she's an agent of the moon.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

For now. We can decide later, by which I mean never.