Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

El Roncho posted:

Is this ironically being posted a page or two after someone pointed out the faults in MMAth or do you honestly believe this?

Not to mention Aldo more than held his own for 2 rounds. It's almost like people don't watch fi.... oh yeah.

Holloway outstruck aldo in all three rounds. I've rewatched it a few times because i had the whole fight for max and thought i was crazy, but he outstruck aldo handily throughout while slipping most anything jose threw at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I thought the same thing but man, the judges did not agree with us.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
The loser of both fights was clear: me, for being loving bored watching them

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't want to see an immediate rematch but I definitely want to see Cowboy fight Lawler again sometime soon. If it's for a championship that'd be even better.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Memento posted:

People just make up whatever insane crap after the fact to support whatever stupid opinion they have and it's why I'll never try and seriously discuss fights with this web forum.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

the first was pretty good and the second was okay

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Neurosis posted:

drat, sorry to hear that.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
2017_Chael_Av_Guy: Uh I just rewatched the fight in slow motion with commentary off and I've got to say I still see the fighter I don't like losing every round 8-10.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
So, uh, what happens next for Woodley? Even if he wasn't at the top of Dana's shitlist, I don't see a lot of fights in the division that make much sense.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Well he's the champ so he always has fights...

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
A fight between some combination of Robbie/Masvidal/Wonderboy should determine the next contender. If it's Wonderboy then give the shot to the winner of RDA/Magny.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Actually I just remembered his shoulder is (potentially extremely) hosed up right now so I suppose it's a moot point.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Noctone posted:

Actually I just remembered his shoulder is (potentially extremely) hosed up right now so I suppose it's a moot point.

He complained about an injury and then was handed a 7 day medical suspension.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Noctone posted:

hes fine

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

CommonShore posted:

He complained about an injury and then was handed a 7 day medical suspension.

It was extended to 180 days.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He was in a sling on insta the other day

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Memento posted:

It was close so i'm not at all surprised hometown judges leaned towards the local.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

It was close so i'm not at all surprised hometown judges leaned towards the local.

Or maybe, maybe...Aldo was actually winning those rounds in real life.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Maybe it doesn't matter because he got KTFO

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Both those things are true

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Both those things are true

Yea.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I know it's a hard sell for rd 1, but it is very easy to say rd 2 for max and a lot of people besides me said during the fight itself.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
almost everyone said edgar was beating aldo during their 2nd fight too. my personal opinion is max started to up the pace at the end of round 2 but still lost the round... he probably would have won round 3 if it went the distance. unfortunately he was knocked out by aldo so we'll never know

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's okay to lose rounds, and even plan to lose rounds, if you are confident that you're laying the ground work to gently caress your opponent up and win by stoppage.

Jon Jones losing the second round against Cormier just last weekend is another example of it. It wasn't a blowout round but he was setting up the finish throughout.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://mmauno.com/lyoto-machida-fight-offered-mamed-khalidov-ufc-gdansk/

His initial counter offer was a million euros but we might finally see Mamed Khalidov fight a real opponent

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's okay to lose rounds, and even plan to lose rounds, if you are confident that you're laying the ground work to gently caress your opponent up and win by stoppage.

Jon Jones losing the second round against Cormier just last weekend is another example of it. It wasn't a blowout round but he was setting up the finish throughout.

sure ... but it didnt work in this case because aldo knocked him out in the third round. i suggest rewatching the fight in slow motion with the commentary turned off

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i drew the fight on a stack of post its and flicked it at variable speeds to come to my conclusion actually

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i drew the fight on a stack of post its and flicked it at variable speeds to come to my conclusion actually

Lol

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

UFC Gdansk

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bluedeanie posted:

UFC Gdansk

UFC Danzig

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Lid posted:

UFC Danzig

UFC Zandig

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Frankie Edgar who couldn't figure a way to do anything but get trounced by Aldo in two fights is certainly going to maul the guy who beat the poo poo out of Aldo for two and a half rounds before finishing hum.

Iirc max lost the first two rounds

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I know it's a hard sell for rd 1, but it is very easy to say rd 2 for max and a lot of people besides me said during the fight itself.

A lot of people are loving stupid

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
to say max was beating the poo poo out of aldo when the most generous thing you could say about max was that it was close is utter nonsense

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Sam Alvey vs Rashad Evans has a strong chance of being one of the worst fights of all time.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

david carmichael posted:

to say max was beating the poo poo out of aldo when the most generous thing you could say about max was that it was close is utter nonsense

Yeah, Aldo was landing heavy strikes quite often until about midway through the second. Then Holloway finally figured out his distance and how he needed to counter and became a snowball after that.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

El Roncho posted:

Sam Alvey vs Rashad Evans has a strong chance of being one of the worst fights of all time.

Sam Alvey might have the longest "feeling out" time on the UFC's roster, but he makes up for it with KO's about half the time.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

El Roncho posted:

Rashad is utterly perplexed by southpaws so maybe Alvey will knock him out.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Best case scenario is a quick knockout for Alvey. It'll get messy if it gets past the first though. Both guys breathing in the dirty, thin air of Mexico City. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
aldo won round 1 pretty handily, round 2 was close i gave it to holloway, round 3 was a draw

• Locked thread