Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I personally score 3 for aldo but since we're all watching this on 480 resolution Russian streams of the U.K. Broadcast and every fight we've ever watched has been a weird blur that we tab to between #mma on irc and the psp discord it can be hard to say what happened for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

I personally score 3 for aldo but since we're all watching this on 480 resolution Russian streams of the U.K. Broadcast and every fight we've ever watched has been a weird blur that we tab to between #mma on irc and the psp discord it can be hard to say what happened for sure.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i downloaded irc in like 2006 just to go into the mma channel thing and get a high quality stream that would play on winamp lol. hell ya baby

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
i think sam alvey v rashad is the frontrunner for 2017 fight where both guys are smiling and do'n't say mean things, and then don't hurt each other during the fight

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sam Alvey is going to stand there grimacing and throw 12 punches in the entire fight. Maybe one of them will knock Rashad out.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

They're gonna play patty cake with their lead hands while slowly orbiting each other for 15 minutes

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

My computer is out of commission right now so bless whatever soul writes the :effort: post for this mediocre card

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Interested to see if Honey YarYar can pull out a submission on Briones. And.. I duno, maybe see if Rashad remembers he can actually wrestle although his gnp sucks so scratch that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

My computer is out of commission right now so bless whatever soul writes the :effort: post for this mediocre card

we should go without a thread and then pretend the card didn't happen

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

we should go without a thread and then pretend the card didn't happen

I'm putting together one that plays on this theme. It won't take long.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CommonShore posted:

I'm putting together one that plays on this theme. It won't take long.

I've almost finished a post, but my offering is very basic, :effort:, and has no real theme. So, I'll defer to you if you are putting any thought to it.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol

https://twitter.com/ALIAQUINTA/status/893912191430164485

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
suggestion: just make the OP a cum tribute to alan joubain

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

GDT is up

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829255

Rigel posted:

I've almost finished a post, but my offering is very basic, :effort:, and has no real theme. So, I'll defer to you if you are putting any thought to it.

Put your post in the thread anyway. :justpost:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
bring back rory and give him a title shot

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Before they do that, give Lawler his belt back.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

Speaking of, he's the only viable contender coming off a good win at the moment right?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Covington is ranked 8. Ponzinibbio is ranked 9. Magny is ranked 6 and is fighting RDA, who is ranked 10. Usman is ranked 13 and Oliviera is ranked 14. That's everyone coming off a win except for Lawler.

So yes.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dan Didio posted:

As much as I like Lawler it's not his belt anymore.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Al is completely insufferable and needs to gently caress off asap but Snoop's comments were super gross. Hmmm.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Woodley has now revealed that in addition to tearing his labrum in round 1, he had a torn hamstring going into the Maia fight

soon we'll learn that he was clinically dead for the first four rounds, and his scrambles were just fortuitous death throes

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Soothing Vapors posted:

Woodley has now revealed that in addition to tearing his labrum in round 1, he had a torn hamstring going into the Maia fight

soon we'll learn that he was clinically dead for the first four rounds, and his scrambles were just fortuitous death throes

How would he even get cleared to fight with a torn hamstring? Those kinds of injuries hurt like a motherfucker.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Woodley was just awarded honorary Brazilian citizenship

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Just rewatched UFC 165 and I still feel like Gustafsson won that fight :(

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
wow tell me more

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

wow tell me more

mike pery is good and mighty mouse is actually bad

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

O He'll Yeah put in someone who knows their're poo poo, liike jack "hella smart, but mysterious internet guy" slack, who will just appear as a giant black talking box with a masked voice like someone in witness protection, because he is actually a sentient vat of lard

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

cravius posted:

mike pery is good and mighty mouse is actually bad

please do not besmirch the good name of julian edelman and the patriots with this opinion.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kilometers Davis posted:

Al is completely insufferable and needs to gently caress off asap but Snoop's comments were super gross. Hmmm.

What were his comments?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CommonShore posted:

What were his comments?

Not on the snoopcast, he said something somewhere about how Cormier cried like a bitch.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Not on the snoopcast, he said something somewhere about how Cormier cried like a bitch.

He also sings lullabies to KO'd fighters, but I'll allow that.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Oh I thought he'd said something offensive tho

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Oh I thought he'd said something offensive tho

I actually have no idea what "Kilometers Davis" is talking about but that's a thing that happened since the last snoopcast that Ben Fowlkes probably wrung his hands and cried about a lot

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's this video from TMZ where they ask Faber and Snoop about Jones vs. Lesnar.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/05/snoop-dogg-jon-jones-lesnar-cormier/

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Is there really a new season of tuf where the front runner to win is Roxanne "The Forum" Moderator

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Is there really a new season of tuf where the front runner to win is Roxanne "The Forum" Moderator

I'm pretty sure Lauren Murphy is a way better fighter and Barb Honchak may be as good now as she was 17 years ago when she last fought. Also whoever wins the season is going to be a sacrificial lamb for whatever 115'er moves up (probably all of them except the former atomweights)

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I'm pretty sure Lauren Murphy is a way better fighter and Barb Honchak may be as good now as she was 17 years ago when she last fought. Also whoever wins the season is going to be a sacrificial lamb for whatever 115'er moves up (probably all of them except the former atomweights)

[nodding reassuringly and loading a single bullet into a revolver as I speak] ah ok that sounds really good

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[nodding reassuringly and loading a single bullet into a revolver as I speak] ah ok that sounds really good

lol

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There's a lot of women with records like 4-4 and 3-2 on TUF which is kinda funny for something that's supposed to be crowning a new champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

cravius posted:

Just rewatched UFC 165 and I still feel like Gustafsson won that fight :(

It's a really good, close fight that should have had a rematch at the time. Jones winning was probably the right call, but it was really close and there was a stable argument for Gus winning. The rematch probably would have sold really well, but instead the three people that really wanted to find out how badly Glover would lose got their wish.

• Locked thread