Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Snowman_McK posted:

"Please don't watch the guys we actually have to pay, please watch young children and old men compete for a sandwich while Snoop contemplates the level of realness."

I'm not really sure why pspmma has turned into the cagepotato comment section in the last few months, but it's getting really tiresome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

SquirrelGrip posted:

because that's the way the UFC is headed?

Thanks, this is a good example of what I was talking about.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Well, you did call the show "stupid," but my point is more that Tuesday Night Contenders gets a lot of promotion because it's in part a Dana vanity project where he's one of the focal points of the show, and they're also paying a celebrity to do commentary for it.

And also it's a fresh effort to sell Fight Pass subscriptions, you dullards.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm not really sure how people make the "UFC has never created a star" and "it's the UFC's fault that Mighty Mouse isn't a star" arguments simultaneously.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Frankie's striking isn't that great without the threat of a takedown to back it up. He had a surprisingly competitive striking match with Charles Oliveira (who, to be fair, is twice as tall as him)

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

i love how frankie only lost to aldo by one round on at least one judge's scorecards in both fights and people are treating it like a pathetic blowout.

"only lost by one round" overstates how competitive both fights were. the first had one clear Frankie round and two close rounds, and the second had a couple close-ish rounds, but Aldo really clearly won both fights.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

The loser of both fights was clear: me, for being loving bored watching them

the first was pretty good and the second was okay

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Both those things are true

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CommonShore posted:

What were his comments?

Not on the snoopcast, he said something somewhere about how Cormier cried like a bitch.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Work Friend Keven posted:

Oh I thought he'd said something offensive tho

I actually have no idea what "Kilometers Davis" is talking about but that's a thing that happened since the last snoopcast that Ben Fowlkes probably wrung his hands and cried about a lot

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Is there really a new season of tuf where the front runner to win is Roxanne "The Forum" Moderator

I'm pretty sure Lauren Murphy is a way better fighter and Barb Honchak may be as good now as she was 17 years ago when she last fought. Also whoever wins the season is going to be a sacrificial lamb for whatever 115'er moves up (probably all of them except the former atomweights)

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
i lived in philly when aldo and frankie fought the first time and watched the fight in a bar in south philly. all these guido dudes in tank tops were really pissed after the fight and saying "Frankie won the last three!" when he clearly hadn't so I went home to post in psp where I could talk to people who had actually watched the fight and intelligently evaluated it and welp.

anyway, the lesson is to watch all fights and in fact to perform all life activities in blessed solitude. never leave the house. never talk to anyone.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jacking off, sucking, loving, and other twisted poo poo like that is everyday topics in the UFC thread. Don't like it? Go back to cage potato my man.

to be clear, when i was complaining about psp being like cagepotato i was complaining about dumb "ufc sucks" comments, not gay stuff. i am all about homoeroticism and all that.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Its a heavyweight fight. You could put the betting line anywhere and it would be ok.

i was reading posts about some guy's experimental betting system (if it actually worked he wouldn't post publicly) and he said the only way he can make it work at all is ignoring heavyweight fights

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bombadilillo posted:

Silva was a lot less old then too. And he was old then.

Although "see which fighter shows up that night" may as well have been coined for Kelvin. So who knows

Kelvin has been pretty consistent except for the Woodley fight where he got sick and had a bad cut.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

not that dong hyun kim

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The #6 vs #10 heavyweights in the world

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Danas perfdct fighter is a 205 lb blond with a chin butt, a butt butt, and huge tits who's fighting style is whatever JCVD does in bloodsport & he rides to the ring in a monster truck with UFC sponsor logos on it.

So Sage Northcutt on lots of steroids?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

White Yoel Romero

i'm happy for Bobby W but I think I'm far from alone in being sad that we're going to miss Bisping vs Romero, especially the pre-fight hype tour

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

There's not being a savant at some aspects of fighting and then there's being humiliated in the stand up by Darrel Horcher

You're stupid

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Captain Log posted:

gently caress Tyron "Point Fighter" Woodley forever.

Tyron Woodley is the opposite of a point fighter. he chases a finish at the expense of everything else. if he actually tried to win rounds he'd be way more fun to watch

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
significant strikes are really misleading because the stat lumps strikes on the ground and standing strikes together. no poo poo woodley landed a bunch on thompson the first fight, but he did it all while wonderboy was on his back

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Kickboxing is just a baffling choice. Even when Bigfoot was at his best (like when he fought Fedor and Overeem) his striking fundamentals were sound but his overall game was never much more than okay and he generally only really threatened his opponents when he could grab them and muscle them around. Like his whole thing was that he was well-rounded and clever enough that he could always figure out a way to grab someone and hurt them, not that he was particularly brilliant at any aspect of MMA other than being huge.

Even the best possible steroid Bigfoot would be a terrible kickboxer.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

He was by far the best fighter/commentator they had, especially since Florian got fired.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mike Goldberg is the greatest commentator in all sports history.

blow me dick

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
saw 159 unread posts and figured Jones failed a steroid test. lol

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

willie_dee posted:

I think they are going to quietly do away with USADA testing so we can go back to the glory days of having legit freaks of nature fighting whilst subtly roiding. People want to see the best and roids make people better at sport.

Steroids are for stunted manlets who want to look like actual genetically gifted people, not real athletes.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Chris James 2 posted:

Per Dana - The plan was Jones vs Stipe for the Heavyweight Belt in Detroit before this broke

So Jones escaped a brutal rear end beating. 4th dimension chess

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Remember when Claudia said JJ was mean to her because her husband wasn't loving her right?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Noticing some confusion about the spelling of his name so I consulted the AP style guide. He should be referred to as "Brendan Schaub, the mixed martial artist who retired because Joe Rogan told him he moves worse than Travis Browne"

"your movement is significantly more stiff and awkward, and your striking more clumsy, than Travis Browne"

I'd kill myself

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
where did this "WME is imploding" bullshit come from and why is every halfwit on this forum repeating it

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

vaginal facsimile posted:

Um it's not that hard to picture? He's a funny guy, so its naturally that he would be come a comedian.

And since he hasn't been practicing comedy for years, he's very likely to come at jokes from angles that audiences don't expect.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Snowman_McK posted:

The problem is the debt they'll have to service and the dozens of shows they'll have to run until then.

Can we stop ironically saying 'WME is hosed' as if we're quoting someone? Because that person they're quoting is not here. The strongest phrasing anyone has used is me saying 'this is a rough patch' which, considering they have no leverage on their biggest draw and the other just got done for steroids (and had no one left to fight anyway) is arguably true.

Also, 6.5 million, gently caress.There are a lore more stupid people in the world than I thought.

As 40 year old single iT help desk worker at a Fortune 500 company, I am very familiar with complex business concepts like "debt is bad" and "model". I will share my knowledge with psp via angry long posts like a bloodyelbow comment section given sweaty tedious life.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

kimbo305 posted:

I like how the PPV numbers got Keven so shook that he was serious posting for a while.

He always does this whenever someone is unironically stupider than his ironic posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JaySB posted:

My friend who works for the UFC in their finance/accounting department said they inflate all the PPV #s that they release to the public. Also there's a class action lawsuit pending because of the stream loving up.

If you're going to make a "my uncle at Nintendo" joke you need to be more subtle about it.

• Locked thread