Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Getting a billion dollars from investors so you can buy out Marky Mark and Guy Fieri owns hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The definition of success, stardom, and "MMA becoming mainstream" has constantly and progressively changed as the sport has gotten older so I'm not sure how useful comparing now to the Randy/Tito/Chuck era is. I mean just for reference Tito used to be the charismatic poo poo talker when he has no charisma and can't speak.

Rashad, BJ Penn, and probably some other guys were pulling in surprising buyrates not all that long ago, but now 1 million is the mark of success

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Fight matrix is infallible because it consistently ranked Misaki highly

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://mmauno.com/lyoto-machida-fight-offered-mamed-khalidov-ufc-gdansk/

His initial counter offer was a million euros but we might finally see Mamed Khalidov fight a real opponent

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Is there really a new season of tuf where the front runner to win is Roxanne "The Forum" Moderator

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I'm pretty sure Lauren Murphy is a way better fighter and Barb Honchak may be as good now as she was 17 years ago when she last fought. Also whoever wins the season is going to be a sacrificial lamb for whatever 115'er moves up (probably all of them except the former atomweights)

[nodding reassuringly and loading a single bullet into a revolver as I speak] ah ok that sounds really good

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Wait this season is Gaethje/Alvarez? Gaethje and Alvarez are stalling their careers for a reality TV show about Roxanne Modaferri who would otherwise have a patreon?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Congratulations on your thrilling "fight of the year" victory, you have earned the big leagues' ultimate reward: a 6 week fellowship at a special kind of kindergarten where you will preside over a powerful race of warriors who have been forged by combat to evolve to a point where their bodies involuntarily emit the Bulk and Skull theme song 24 hours a day while they get power bombed unconscious by baristas

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The most accomplished fighter on this season of tuf is 100% falsifying her record by omitting several embarrassing knockout losses from getting hit by frisbees doing Tron cosplay at a disc golf park

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.mmamania.com/2017/8/4/16094426/nick-diaz-usada-stop-trying-drug-test-me-while-im-smoking-bunch-weed-mma

Nick rules

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Memento posted:

So has no-one told Nick that he can actually just say "nahh I'm out guys" and they'll stop trying to test him? Not like he ever wants to fight in mma again.

Nick has a complicated relationship with his own feelings

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Within a year Ian McCall is going to have a wildly popular nootropics business cashing in on his nickname that implies deviancy

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

The same thing we do every night, Pinky

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

mewse posted:

Seems like a lot more stars/champions are trying to duck fights since Fight Nerd Joe Silva retired

remember how lorenzo had to play good cop to dana's bad cop? sometimes dana had to play good cop to joe silva's bad cop lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.flocombat.com/article/60174-anderson-silva-vs-kelvin-gastelum-targeted-for-ufc-fight-night-shanghai

i dunno man

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[the big inception horn plays but cross-fades into the home improvement EEEeeeayurGH!?]

https://twitter.com/BrMassami/status/895874349353193472

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Fight Night Japan is like a week before I get a week holiday here in Korea. I would totally go to Japan just for that though.

This is just my personal taste but I'd prefer to stay in Seoul and be annihilated by the holy nuclear flames of the Juche weapon alongside the puppet government of traitors than watch Shogun headlining

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
This is the one we've all been waiting for folks: http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/mark-hunt-marcin-tybura-ufc-fight-night-sydney/amp

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
anything can happen in mma, for example both men could get to the ring and i might find out that this guy isn't the ksw commentator with a bunch of piercings in his face, which is who i assume he is right now, and could instead be some other anonymous heavyweight who definitely fought in ksw

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Captain Log posted:

: rushes in wheezing :

gently caress Jon Jones! gently caress Jon Jones, everyone!

I feel like I lost a few weeks...

We all love Jon Jones now, scram

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[brutally ground and pounding the F5 key on a Lenovo ThinkPad with the webmd page for "tummy ache" open] Doctor I must not fight tomorrow. You know this.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

there's an amanda nunes variant of this in the making

[awkwardly hammerfisting the dirty f5 key of a refurbished Dell workstation bought from a government surplus sale on the twitter account for an asmr YouTube channel of girls sniffling and sneezing]

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Snowman_McK posted:

After the first couple of takedowns, the threat of it let Khabib win on the feet too. Seriously, Khabib is scary.

Khabib is scary until you realise he's an urban myth designed to scare young lightweights, and if you ask for proof then the only people who've ever fought him have obviously made up names like Darrell Horcher

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i just can't imagine masvidal getting a title shot, it requires him to not gently caress things up for himself. anyway i hope he has one of those fights against wonderboy and totally stomps him.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

The Dave posted:

Goons really need to get past this idea that GSP is going to come back as a top competitor.

He's gonna get his rear end kicked by Bisping and it'll get chalked up to the weight difference, then he's going to go to 170 and get his rear end kicked by some guy and then retire and be buried at sea in a neoprene coffin with the under armour logo on it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

In spite of being like 6'9" and covered in muscles he knocks people out about as often as Forrest Griffin

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
jds is a heavyweight with abs which puts him under immediate suspicion

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
just thought of a good nick name for tyron woodley: "The MMA Hour"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Welcome. To. MBA Jam! *every mid tier early 2000s middleweight from every promotion comes in for a HUGE bankruptcy hearing*

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/gokhantherebel/status/900036146616573952

Gokhan Saki found himself some good training partners at least

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Biafraid posted:

Here's Mark Coleman on Instagram showing what it's like to wrestle Mark Coleman https://www.instagram.com/p/BYEvgpYDnCw/

i've seen this picture before because it's on a trading card

but i had no idea the guy he was force feeding the mat to was an ncaa champ, coleman rules

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
This sport is immeasurably better because of Jon Jones and his limitless capacity to gently caress everything up

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
If you're a normal guy then a steroid dealer has learned enough physiology to sound like a magician and explain to you exactly why you won't get caught but don't tell you that some postdoc somewhere is inevitably getting paid like poo poo to validate a mass spec reference peak to gently caress your world up. It's not dumb it's just modern day huckster poo poo. You're not safe unless you're in a state sponsored doping program

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Noctone posted:

Wasn't Jones's team saying he hosed up his shoulder a couple days before the fight? Wonder if that plays into all this.

I think weight cutting probably concentrated his pee pee and plasma and found something they thought was out of his system

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Captain Log posted:

You're an actual scientist or some poo poo, right?

The twice a year you serious post science poo poo it's normally pretty cool compared to, "LOL gaaaaaaay old balls" that seems to permeate lately.

In a couple of months im going to be using the machines from the 2012 Olympics to do medical research so my posts about drug testing are going to be increasingly insufferable and I'm sorry about that

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Luigi Thirty posted:

This sounds dope as hell and I’d love to hear more if you’re at liberty to speak

The project isn't nailed down yet but I have a meeting with a 250 billion dollar company to settle the details as part of my 10 year effort to prove a guy wrong for saying "you're not going to find the Lorenzo's oil of your rear end" to me on line. Don't ever let anyone tell you posting has no value.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Timely but there's a documentary on Netflix right now about drug testing and the very first thing that happens is the director asks an anti doping figurehead and former USADA bigwig to tell him how to use steroids and beat tests and he's just like "yeah sure". Then after a period of reflection he decided it would be bad for his reputation to do that, and refers him to his friend who is also extremely willing to help him beat tests and is also the head of Russia's anti doping lab. The whole thing is loving bizarre and like a Coen brothers movie about insane fuckups with tiny nuts

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Yeah, EXTRENE SPOILER'S: there's a whole complicated subplot about this inri rear end dude storing and freezing his piss for months, having his piss smuggled to Russia, and then ultimately nothing happens with the piss but there is a large piss fixation for really no reason it's masterful and the whole drug testing world seems to be staffed with psychotic freaks

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

Wasnt it that woman who went on to do the Such Great Heights documentary? Loretta Hunt

He was directing it to Loretta Hunt's "source" about a story which from the depths of time.i seem to remember was the thing about the UFC not giving enough corner badges to fighters, meaning that they'd have like coaches with them and not agents and try getting them to agree to stuff. However the "source" was very blatantly and openly Ken Pavia, so Dana basically just wanted to call him the human being word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Anyway can we start a patreon or something for Houston Alexander to show us the chop down choke

• Locked thread