Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Your legend is written. Bards sing your praises, and scholars write books about you. You are widely renowned or reviled, a household name in most of Faerûn. You have rescued and protected cities, slain dragons, told tales far and wide. You have spread love, cleared out passages, imprisoned unspeakable monsters and protected your people for generations. With those deeds behind you, and your story in place, you decided you were going to settle into wherever destiny took you.

Today, however, a carrier pigeon arrived bearing an unsigned letter and a map requesting your urgent help. The map points you to a remote location in the Lost Peaks. You’re not sure why, but you feel destiny calling you once again.

---

Once you arrive, you find a group of other renowned adventurers waiting outside. As you enter, you realize that it is a small shrine made of white marble, dedicated to Ao himself, possibly the only one in Faerûn. One of his angels, tall and with long, brown hair, materializes before you and says, “Welcome, friends. I’m glad to see that you made it... We are missing one, but time is of the essence. The Hidden One himself had me summon you here, heroes of legend, requesting your assistance with an all too urgent matter. He has received word of a plot against him by an unlikely and unholy alliance of Asmodeus, Bane, Cyric, Lolth and Shar. He believes they are planning to overthrow him, to take control of the cosmos…”

As she speaks, you feel the earth tremble beneath your feet in a giant earthquake. A thundering crash comes down from the sky, along with what sounds like a long, pained scream. The angel begins to fade away, but not before eking out, “No! We are too late! They have killed him and stolen the Tomes of Fate! You must travel to their realms, regather the sundered Tomes from them and make them whole again to restore Ao!” And with that, she fades away completely, the power of Ao apparently gone.

---

After the angel disappears, you stare at each other wondering what your next step is. After a moment, the silence is broken and you hear someone approach slowly from behind, a walking stick tapping on the ground alongside their footsteps. You turn to see an elderly human man, hair long and grey, and a beard of matching length and color. “I hope I didn’t miss anything!” he says. “I came as fast as I could, for an old man. Now then… which one of you would summon old Elminster from his humble retirement, and why?”

“No!” he exclaims after you explain the situation to him, “They’ve sundered the Tablets of Fate? And Ao has lost his power? This is awful! No, it’s cataclysmic!” He pauses for a second to calm himself, then pulls out his signature pipe and lights it, “I wonder if it isn’t possible to regather the separated pieces of the Tablets from the gods who have stolen them and reassemble them…” He puffs on his pipe, continuing, “Ah, but I do not believe it will be so easy. With Ao gone and having possession of pieces of the Tablets, the gods will be able to seal their realms from simple entry. No… you must obtain a focus for each god you are to confront from here on Faerûn.” He takes another puff. “Let’s see… Asmodeus, Bane, Cyric, Lolth,and Shar... I believe I could help point you towards a focus for a particular deity, once you decide whom to pursue first. Do not tarry though… Ao being gone gives deities unfettered power, and I shudder to think of what those empowered by the Tablets of Fate may do..."

Perhaps your legend isn't written after all...

(ooc thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


[reserved if necessary]

Klingon w Bowl Cut
Apr 1, 2009

Q'pla!


Marcus Gellantara, Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea, founder and Arch-Bard of the School of Masks!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF
Arch-Bard Marcus's Orokos sheet

Marcus puffs on his trademark pipe as well, trying to subtly out-do Elminster's smoke with his own. The friendly jab at the focus of so many of his college's tales gives Marcus a welcome distraction from the enormity of what he has just witnessed. He puts on his easy smile, a signature of his repertoire. In war, morale is often the difference between victory and defeat.

"Yes, it is terrible indeed," he says, with a seriousness that might shock people who have only heard of the bard. "But let us take a moment to reflect on the council of legends Ao has assembled here. Some of you may already know each other--"he winks at Gladys, all the gravity of a moment ago suddenly evaporating like morning dew"--but all of you should have heard rumors. Here we have Sir Merritt Carlisle, the Lion of Torm himself! Arka Scorchoak, the eternal guardian who has lived through many such disasters already! Iada Kalcis, who turned against Bane himself to serve the side of righteousness! Silenna of the Green, who protects the Iron Grove! And of course, last but certainly not least, Saint Gladys of Sune, whose radiance can light even an undead heart!"

"My comrades, my--dare I say it?--friends, I say this fight is already won. These evil deities simply do not yet know it. It matters little which we start with, in light of this, but my suggestion would be Asmodeus. The old devil has quite a grudge against me, so it would be delicious to see his face when we beat him. Also he is, of course, very evil."

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Silenna

Silenna kept quiet as the bard boasted. It had been a long time since she had last walked on legs, and more than that, the gravity of the situation was still processing as her gears turned. Her pet cobra, Arthion, curled around her arms, and she regarded him impassively as his hooded face swayed in front of her. Before she speaks, she perches on a rock, sitting in it lotus-style, letting Arthion slither away to explore the surroundings as she does. She puts her hands together, then turns her gaze to the rest again. Her words come slow, deliberate; speaking had not been a priority for her for some time now. "Fighting gods. This burden falls to us? A self-professed beacon of love, an old storyteller, a dying archer, a knight of Torm, Bane's former pet," the last word is exclaimed with some venom, "and myself, who is more animal than elf nowadays. Fine soldiers indeed, to wage war against they who would strike down the Overdeity." She barks out a bitter laugh. "What manner of fight is this to be, then? Shall we dance to their tune, or ask them nicely and give them a hug? Will Bane give in to demands from his runaway acolyte? Or shall we simply shrug off whatever they throw at us, by virtue of righteous stubbornness? Wise Lord Ao may be; but I doubt the wisdom of his decision here."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Saint Gladys - PDF - Reference

Sheathed in a subtle outline of divine light, wearing vibrant gold-blue robes and with knee-length white hair, the charitable sage had joined the secret meeting with some great curiosity. It was not often that she was summoned to something hidden in such a way, where only names of legend were called to meet as equals. It did not take long for her to delight in greeting her friends Marcus and Arka with warm embrace. For Lady Kilcis, Commander Carlisle and Warden Silenna she observes respectful customs and polite greetings, the joy in her smile beaming outwards radiantly. If they wished to be more intimate, she would be happy to return that kindness. And in the coming of an Angel of Ao should be great joy that resounds for a lifetime... yet they are to bear witness to a terrible disaster. In the sudden absence of the angel and indeed Lord Ao himself, Gladys feels that there is only one proper thing to do. She invites the others to join her at Ao's shrine, if not in earnest faith than at least in proper respect and begins a brief prayer to the Overgod.

Standard: Cloak of Courage imbues the entire group(Close Burst 2) with their Surge Value in THP! This THP will last until damage is taken or a long rest.

Once she has finished, Gladys rises and joins the budding debate with a nod and a smile to Marcus, before facing Silenna and again agreeing, fingers lacing together before her in a gesture of prayer. She speaks with the voice of her youth, her own appearance a radiant projection of soul's beauty, overshadowing her true age. "I am filled with much trepidation to confront even one of these forces, yet I can think of no greater charity to benefit the whole world. Warden Silenna, I ask that you consider our extraordinary circumstances." She unlaces her fingers and with a bit of awe, makes a sweeping gesture to the skies above. "If Ao is truly gone and an alliance such as this truly struck, two things are surely already happening." She sighs and grasps her own arms for a little reassuring self-hug, naturally. Continuing to speak with eyes closed, Gladys ruminates on the great recurring clashes in religious doctrine. "They will move against those they despise... and only until such point as they turn on one another. I imagine all of the pantheon calls their armies to defend and prepare for this!"

She opens her eyes and smiles sweetly. "Would we could ask the Gods to send us champions, or fight in our stead, I believe it would have already happened. Instead, none may expose themselves carelessly, lest they be struck down by Ao's Tomes?" Gladys looks over to Elminster. "Is that not right? We are their champions, and we must rise in this time of need." Recognizing a legend she has read of yet not met, Gladys feels a bit enchanted and radiates a soft halo of lavender about her horns and eyes. "Despite this troubling time, it is a pleasure to meet you, sir. My name is Gladys, I'm ever so gracious for your assistance." Hands at her sides... that's right. If Elminster is game, he too deserves a friendly hug!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Aug 3, 2017 around 13:34

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.




Merritt Carlisle - PDF

Merritt responds in kind, warmly, to Gladys. it was enjoyable to see a familiar face in a calamitous time. Being of an angelic nature himself, he felt a special kinship with the being who had delivered the news of Ao. Surely, they had to be suffering and confused now. While it was a joy to serve one's lord, some tasks were more painful than others. Merritt had been at the sides of dying knights who had served particularly well, been thrown into insurmountable battles in attempts to stem the tides, but never had to deliver calamitous news.

Merritt lets out a barking laugh after Marcus' boasting introduction of the party. He crosses his arms and patiently awaits for a break in the debate to assert his point. "I would argue that while we doubt the wisdom of the deities, we are not the ones privy to their logic. Surely, there are reasons we were chosen that are beyond out understanding. At this point in time, there is little to be done to change a God's mind. We must set about our task. Those responsible have earned punishment, and I hesitate to allow them to feel they have gotten away with something."

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Aug 3, 2017 around 04:06

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005





Arka - PDF

Arriving slightly before the appointed time, Arka wanders cautiously and reverently around the small shrine to the Hidden One, having not seen its like in quite a few lifetimes. As others arrive, they are greeted with silent courtesy by a razor thin, petite elf who looks like nothing so much as an artist's cruel memory. As Gladys embraces her, it is easy for the hug to take the fey off her feet, even if only for a moment, "It is good to see you again, Mother," the honorary title bears a strange weight between the two women, as if a blood relation existed where there is obviously none. She dusts her long coat off, trying to defuse the sudden affection for the young tiefling.

Later, as she listens to the angel speak her expression grows ever more severe as it lists adversaries, her nails digging into her palm, enough to send a single streak of blood racing down her knuckles. She resists the earth's sudden tumult, weapon springing to hand, but too late.

---

After Elminster's briefing has finished, Arka listens to the others for a time before offering, "We cannot discount how severe this alliance of our enemies is. Bane and Cyric working together, joined by Lloth, Asmodeus and," her tone goes simultaneously ashen and icy, "the Mistress of Lies, Shar," she looks from face to face, searching for a reaction worthy of the enormity she is trying to convey, "There are no greater champions coming, the Gods have played their hand," she smiles. Three seraphs, a serpent, an owl, and a storyteller. Not a winning hand in any game I know.

"We must strike them while they are drunk on their victory and believe themselves invincible," her hand finds her palm decisively, "I vote Asmodeus, if only to tip us towards action," she smiles at Marcus, but the expression is far more predatory than comforting.

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer


Iada

Iada was actually slightly sore. It had been so many years since she actually traveled... The road had been longer than she expected, and she was consumed with worry about her city, regardless of the fact it was left in the more-than-capable hands of her disciples, to say nothing of the myriad heroes who call Waterdeep home. She shakes hands with Arka and Gladys, exchanging a few words about her family. "Your children and your granddaughter send their best, and besides your granddaughter's inability to properly guard her left side, all are doing well." She nods to the others, doing her best to hide her discomfort with Silenna.

----

Iada successfully manages to resist rolling her eyes at Elminster's appearance; she'd always been a big believer in an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure, and that if Elminster would just spend a little more time dealing with the hedge wizard and his dozen bandit followers in the wilderness, they wouldn't have a chance to percolate into the Pale Master and his horde of ghoul followers. Hells, Elminster preferred to wait until the Pale Master got ahold of some artifact that could sunder the continent on top of besieging the city before getting involved. Well, this explains much; her overlong life, the personal direction from Selune herself to show up here. One last hurrah before getting to go around again, may her next life be take a less... circuitous route to becoming a guardian of life. Taking note of Silenna's... kind words, Iada thought to herself "oh, good; she's heard of me." Self-consciously touching the holy symbol she wears around her neck (praying it will keep her soul inside her body and outside of any plantlife), she quietly listens to the others before speaking. "I don't think any of us journeyed here lightly; as the Lord Lion says, there is no one else; do we carry this burden, or let it crush us? Besides, it's been too long since the last time I fought a god." Tipping her head to Arka, she agrees. "Let's settle on Asmodeus; it matters not who we confront first, he's as bad as any other." Besides, may as well let the old man have his last wish.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Silenna

The druid inclines her head. "Very well. I only wish to caution against overconfidence. If you are all set to pursue this quest, then I shall aid you where I can - but let us be cautious. Mighty we might be; but to take on the gods in their realms is no small matter." Silenna looks at the old man. "It seems Asmodeus has the consensus, then. Tell us of this focus. I have not attempted to leave the material plane before; how would we go about using it, if we found it?"

Klingon w Bowl Cut
Apr 1, 2009

Q'pla!


Marcus Gellantara, Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea, founder and Arch-Bard of the School of Masks!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF
Arch-Bard Marcus's Orokos sheet

Marcus actually joins Gladys in her prayer to Ao earnestly and without a single joke. He unleashes one of his rarest and most special smiles on her when they're done--one of relief and gratitude. Then, his game face comes back on to respond to Silenna.

"Don't sell yourself short, Lady of the Green," he says, raising a placating hand. "Being between animal and elf just makes you the best of both worlds." Marcus brings the hand up to scratch his head awkwardly when he realizes who he had just used that line on. He couldn't help it, it just sprang out of his mouth. "Anyway, when--sorry, if--we can manage to defeat one of these conspirators, I think the others will become more open to... negotiation. Given who we're talking about, I highly doubt they will be content to work together for long. That is something to worry about in the future, of course, but reflect on it. A tale well-spun can turn the tide of history, after all. We may not need to fight as much as you think."

Marcus returns Arka's smile with confidence, and he tries to make it encouraging, but perhaps there is something predatory in his expression as well at the mention of well-spun tales.

Klingon w Bowl Cut fucked around with this message at Aug 3, 2017 around 16:09

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.




Merritt Carlisle - PDF

"I should hope we battle enough that I may administer the punishments our foes have earned." Merritt rests his hands on the pommel of his sword, thinking. "The Warden raises an important question. A focus is irrelevant to us if we aren't able to use it."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Elminster shines a bright smile as he accepts Gladys' hug. "Thank you, Mother Gladys, your kindness more than lives up to the tales!"

---

Elminster interjects there. "I may not be good for much, but I can certainly help you open those portals if you'll bring me the focuses." He puffs his pipe for a moment. "You say you want to traverse the Nine Hells to confront the Archdevil himself first? Certainly an ambitious task. Now for a focus... I have heard of a particularly strong cult of Asmodeus at home in Neverwinter. If you could bring me their High Cleric's ring, I should be able to use it to open a portal for you," he says, leaning on his staff. "And try not to cause too much of a scene... we don't want to catch notice before we're even started, do we?"

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 4, 2017 around 01:13

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Saint Gladys - PDF - Reference

Exchanging warm greetings, Gladys grips Iada's hand with both of her own and gingerly squeezes it, beaming with joy. "You know a child of mine would leave the path to their heart open, hahahaha. She'll want to hear stories from both of us when we finish our quest."

Elminster gets a very close and endearing hug! "And you're quite a bit more charming than the bards say, Sir Elminster."

---

Gladys looks to her allies and can barely contain a mirthful chuckle, covering her mouth with one hand. "A cult of devil worshipers in a city such as Neverwinter? It is wrong to permit them to continue, and surely they would be emboldened by their master's boon. How fitting that justice should soon visit them in their hour of triumph." As she waits for the others to speak, Gladys feels there is no need to discuss the urgency at hand. They should move and move quickly, and she produces a delicate red tome from her a fashionable gold-blue silk satchel at her side.

(Assuming nobody else has a faster way i.e. Teleportation. If they do, cancel the following action!)

Arcana 21 for Ritual improves Horses Summoned to Speed 12 and Ignores Difficult Terrain.

Reading from the old book, Gladys recites in Elven prayers of companionship and admiration for the equine creatures of nature, the peaceful runners of the plains. She builds up a steady aura of arcane energy and infuses it with her own personal divinity, beckoning a set of six illustrious black stallions from the arriving night sky above, their manes touched with the soft oranges of the setting sun. Gladys greets and pats the snout of her own steed, guiding him to lower his head so that she may nuzzle his forehead with her own in a brief bit of bonding. "Shall we be off? We will return to you soon, Sir Elminster!"

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005





Arka - PDF

Arka gives Iada a full-arm handshake, an improbable scene of camaraderie between the towering armored woman and the much smaller elven one.

-----

"A cult of Asmodeus in Neverwinter? Every time I weed out a cult, another takes root," she shakes her head ruefully, "Perhaps I should take over a church and and train its followers to defend the city in my absence," as wintry as her tone is, the mirth in her eyes gives her away, "We should head for the Beached Leviathan when we arrive. It is perhaps a rougher tavern than Mother Gladys is used to, but the sailors, dockers and locals that frequent it know me, and can likely be persuaded to help."

-----

After inspecting her horse with a farmer's critical eye, Arka offers it a chance to smell her and her gear. Despite initial reluctance to her unusual nature, her mare lets her approach where she begins an elaborate ritual, perfunctory and needless with magical beasts perhaps, but borne from years of time spent around mundane versions of these majestic animals. After affixing her gear to the cantle of her saddle, she leads the horse at a walk for a few paces to let her feel the weight of the bags and how they jostle. With a gentle pat to reassure the steed, she clucks and trots the beast forward several yards, once more testing the creature's tolerance of the new sensations. Satisfied with this stoicism, Arka opens and closes the packs a few times, making far more noise than she would normally, watching the horse's ear swivel and lilt to follow the strange sounds. All of this done, and her animal calm and serene, she swings into the saddle, sliding her hand lovingly along its mane, "You are a fine girl, but what shall I name you?"

Making sure her horse sees her, Arka opens her pack once more, the noises softer this time, and pulls a small packet of grains from within. Tipping out a modest handful, she offers it to the mare with her palm flat and fingers straight. "How do you like Moonrise," she says while the animal cleans her palm, "it is a name as pretty as your coat. Can I call you that?" The steed whinnies softly, most likely in thanks for the treat.

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer


Iada Kilcis -- Character Sheet PDF -- Current Combat Block

Whistling loudly, Iada impatiently waits for the acolyte she left below to bring the horses to them. Transferring her gear from her horse to the one Gladys has summoned, she hangs her helm and left gauntlet from the saddlebags, without missing a beat in her seemingly endless instructions for the beleaguered young man responsible for her care. She gives him a long list of instructions, as well as an admonishment to stick to the roads where it's safe (in spite of the man being in his 30s, and better-traveled than her in recent years). Finally quickly writing several personal notes, and sealing them with a signet ring bearing the symbol of Selune on a bed of flame (and enchanted to prevent tampering), she stacks them neatly, ties them into a bundle, hands them to him, and with a final salute, warns him that she may not be back, to make sure the city stays ready in spite of that.

--------

Impressed with the supernatural speed of the horses, Iada spends most of her time watching the scenery and brooding over what is going on in Waterdeep. Attempting to dispel her worries as best she can, she shakes her head and turns towards Arka and Marcus. "So... ah, what is Neverwinter like these days?" Scratching the back of her head, she sheepishly admits to Marcus "I don't get outside of Waterdeep much these days; if it doesn't directly involve the city, I tend not to give it much thought. Is there a particular direction we'll want to approach from? And what's the best way to avoid drawing attention to ourselves once we're there?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Silenna

Were Silenna's features not already altered with the faint green-and-black tinge of her serpent form, the others gathered might have seen her face discolor with displeasure. A ride? The growl comes low in her throat as she approached the horse, which nervously backs up a few steps, withering under the druid's steely glare. She puts a hand against its flank, patting gently - ostensibly to calm it down - before leaning in against the creature's head, and letting a low whisper curl its way to the equine's twitching ears. "If you so much as think about throwing me off on the way, or misbehaving in any other manner, I will eat you alive." The horse bristles in response...but it seems to have understood.

Arthion, the colorful cobra, comes back to her, and looks just as apprehensive of the horse as she does (though one would not be called unreasonable if they couldn't see any emotion on the snake's face). With a quick hissed command from its master, the snake curls around her torso, holding on tightly as she attempts to mount her horse. One might expect a hero of legend to have a wide variety of skills. Surely an adventurer had ridden a horse in the past. Not so much with Silenna; her training had taught her to traverse various terrains with ease by foot, and even greater ease in her animal form. She had never even considered riding a horse. What use would she have for it? Still, these magically summoned creatures would likely be faster than the efforts she could muster; so she would have to commit, and learn on the way.

Klingon w Bowl Cut
Apr 1, 2009

Q'pla!


Marcus Gellantara, Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea, founder and Arch-Bard of the School of Masks!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF
Arch-Bard Marcus's Orokos sheet

"Thank you, Gladys," he says as he swings onto his steed, with no apparent concern or effort. "These will do nicely."

Marcus doesn't mention that he knows various teleportation magic. After all, travel affords the opportunity to learn of his companions, and for them to learn of him. On the journey, he tries to impress them with some tunes, make them faster, conjure some food, that sort of thing. But even when joking and performing for them, the wheels in his head are turning, making use of what he knows and is learning of the others to work out a most cunning plan.

"From what I understand," he says one day in response to Iada's question, "Neverwinter is mostly just trying to rebuild these days. As fun as it would surely be with you all, we should try not to wreck the place further on our mission. To that end, I think some discreet reconnaissance is in order. The six of us arriving together could cause turmoil simply on its own.

"Sir Merritt and Lady Iada can go to the outlying towns, low-key for the time being. It wouldn't be suspicious for two paladins to investigate rumors of a cult.

"Meanwhile, Lady Arka and Lady Silenna have split off from us several days ahead, Arka to head to the Beached Leviathan, Silenna to watch Arka's back while seeing what she can observe in the shadows.

"Then, Lady Gladys and myself enter shortly thereafter, disguised, to see what fruits the first pairs have shaken loose.

"Finally, once we know the location of the cult, Iada can infiltrate and use her significant charm to sweet talk the focus right out of them.

"While all this is happening, I will have bound us telepathically, so heroic rescues can sweep in if any of us get in trouble.

"It's obviously a work in progress, but I think it has a shot. What do you beautiful legends think?"

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.




Merritt Carlisle - PDF

Despite Merritt knowing that he was fully capable of flight, the ride towards Neverwinter was a far more pleasant alternative. It brought back fond memories of traveling with the Tormtar - especially occasionally trying his hand at a tune or two with Marcus. It was important to remain focused, but not to the point of allowing the task at hand to become all-consuming. The joking and conversation was a welcome diversion.

That being said, Merritt still wasn't quite used to Marcus'...effusive compliments. He strokes his steed's mane for a moment while considering his offering of a plan. "That should be a fine beginning of a plan. I have investigated many a rumor in the past, and I'm sure lady Iada has as well. Hopefully the cult has not entrenched itself too deeply and our investigation won't stir up a hornet's nest. No need for bloodshed this early into our journey..." he trails off, continuing to stroke the horse's mane.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Your ride to Neverwinter is brief, but oddly pleasant given the circumstances. The skies are beautifully marbled with white clouds as you move, though there is no sign of any rain, and the temperature remains comfortable for this time of year in mid autumn. Your ride is clear of any threats, and you are free to enjoy the leaves of the deciduous trees changing color and begin to fall, their reds and oranges and browns contrasting with the stark evergreens. It seems as though nature hasn’t yet heard about the loss of its gods’ overseer.

As you approach Neverwinter, you go your own separate ways:

Arka
Arka enters the town to a hero's welcome, with many people along the streets stopping her in thanks. A young girl, probably only 8, sheepishly approaches you as you stroll down the street and asks to sign her toy bow! You arrive at the Beached Leviathan, where you’re greeted heartily by the entire tavern, with the barkeep offering you free food and drink for the city’s hero. “So… what brings you back to Neverwinter, my lady?” he asks after he brings you whatever you requested.

Silenna
Silenna sticks to the shadows to avoid any wandering eyes, and is able to go about town unnoticed. Unfortunately, she doesn’t notice much in the way of juicy intel shadowing Arka.

Gladys and Marcus
Disguised as a human couple in their early twenties, you have no problem at all entering the city unrecognized; you’re probably just a young couple deeply in love looking for somewhere to settle in and start a family, after all. Arriving at the Beached Leviathan, you inconspicuously slip into a table along the edge of the establishment. A waiter arrives to take your order, and everything seems normal as you watch Arka converse with the bartender.

Merritt

Visiting the outlying town brings much praise for the well known Lion of Torm, though everyone greeting you also asks why you are there out of much concern, as you almost always seem to be chasing trouble. You hear word of kidnappings from the towns surrounding Neverwinter, and there’s rumors of a devil worshipping cult behind it. People disappear, never to be heard from again, and rumors of human sacrifice abound...

Iada

You manage to keep a low profile, hanging around the edge of town waiting on word from the rest of the party. You’re able to take this time to yourself to prepare… or to relax, depending on your preference.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 5, 2017 around 05:21

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Saint Gladys - PDF - Reference

On the Ride: Gladys rides along contentedly, feeling that the travel is itself a joy. Though the steeds may need resummoning every 12 hours, if they have to make camp it is simple enough to do. She feels a little need to chime in as they speak of the cult. "Though it is amusing that so many heroes shall fall upon one cult, our greatest mission is to retrieve the ring. If the High Cleric should flee we will lose precious time... and if we are to infiltrate the cult, you must know their mannerisms. Devils seek ritual in all things and their followers are oft given to paranoia, spending time warring with various flavors of competing sycophants." During one of their down-times or camps, Gladys shares all she knows of educated study of Asmodeus' cult. That he is the ultimate master of deceit, yet lordly and prideful, and his followers reflect that, people of great power and influence who often gained it in dishonest ways. The preference for the Ruby in homage of their lord and the cunning tendency to wield man's law against men. She also hopes to share accurate information for cultist information and behavior, to better aide their investigation and later infiltrator.

Religion 40, the Dos and Do-Not-Dos of the Cult of Asmodeus.

Once they near Neverwinter and prepare to separate, Gladys speaks privately with Arka to wish her well, whispering during a hug that "you won't be alone, and Moonrise will take good care of you, even once absent." Though it is the sort of sentiment you would share with a child, she can't help but feel concern for her little owl. "Fortune favor you!"

---

In Neverwinter: (Me and Marcus stick together under the effects of Marcus' Seeming Ritual.)

Bluff 31 for Disguise (Forgot the Armor +5 in the roll.) In case Seeming should fail, at least Gladys might appear as a mundane Tiefling!

Although magically disguised, Gladys knows full well what it means to be a Saint of Sune. She bundles up and restrains her hair as best she can, wills her divine halo to be hidden and wills her enchanted armor to appear as dark, blue-black robes. A bit subdued on color, yet still tied at the waist with a suggestion of feminine shape beneath. A necessary sacrifice for her vanity, to appear as an understated beauty. Going with this sentiment she coordinates her appearance under Marcus' disguise to appear as a young Human woman with straight, chin-length black hair and a pale skin suited for living outside the warm Neverwinter region, a girl from the adjacent cold mountain farms spotted and "rescued" from a life of mediocrity by her charming suitor! With small spectacles and an feigned bit of amateur make-up, Gladys looks every bit the farm girl risen to an unfamiliar new station in life. It takes an expert to feign the believable results of an amateur but Sune's most oft-forgotten domain is trickery! One of love's greatest weapons, after all...

She finds traveling alone with Marcus to be the easiest part to act. The nature of the ritual demands they be near each other and the nature of their disguise gives Gladys excuse to travel as though attached to Marcus, ever so lovey-dovey with him. Insisting on an embrace and a kiss to go with their subterfuge at the bar, Gladys whispers to him: "Is this your go-to plan, darling? It was not so long ago we were doing the exact same thing on the other side of the continent..." She'll have to settle for a simple warming drink with a bit of mint and alcohol in it, as adding a rose to garnish would be quite over the top.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Aug 5, 2017 around 14:55

Klingon w Bowl Cut
Apr 1, 2009

Q'pla!


Marcus Gellantara, Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea, founder and Arch-Bard of the School of Masks!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF
Arch-Bard Marcus's Orokos sheet

"Let us join hands, brave heroes," he says, preparing his ritual components. "With this ancient bardic magic, we will surely triumph."

-680 gold for the Seeming ritual components on Gladys and Marcus, transforming us into any medium humanoid creature we want. The Insight DC to see through it equals my Arcana check:
Seeming Ritual: 1d20+27 47
-1,100 gold for Telepathic Bond ritual components. All of us can communicate telepathically for 8 hours.

Telepathic Bond Ritual: 1d20+27 47
Two natural 20s in a row, wasted on rituals


Landus Mar, human honeymooner
Marcus is now elegant, but in a way that subtly clashes with the rest of his appearance. Jewels in an unmatching color, buttons a little too shiny, rings that don't quite fit. It is as if he is nouveau riche, with pretensions of being a noble. Perhaps he is a merchant's son, who has eloped with his beautiful peasant bride and his father's gold. Which he spends ostentatiously at the bar, making sure his partner has the finest drinks and food, while only occasionally snacking on whatever she doesn't eat. He has eyes, and money, only for her.

"What can I say?" he whispers back as he nuzzles his bride's neck. Even through the magical disguise, Gladys can recognize Marcus in the grin. "I missed you. The nostalgia of seeing you again made me want to try a classic."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Religion: In addition to what Gladys already stated, cults of Asmodeus, at least in this region of Faerûn, tend to keep outwardly quiet, though some have, in recent times, taken to overt activities in order to please their master, or simply to get his attention to form a pact. Kidnapping and sacrificing townsfolk seems to be one of the big ways prospective members will outwardly act to try to get Asmodeus' attention and favor. Typically when a member of the cult gets the attention of Asmodeus and enters a pact with him, they don't feel the need to act out for his attention, so continuing activity would seemingly signal that the cult is expanding.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.




Merritt Carlisle - PDF

Merritt was painfully familiar with fearful, concerned townsfolk. He rather disliked that his presence signified trouble afoot, but such was his fate. He accepted the welcomes of the town's residents, shaking hands and greeting children. On his way to speak to the mayor, a young boy challenges him to a duel with a toy sword. Merritt couldn't help but make a minor production of losing to the boy. After graciously accepting his defeat, he ruffles the boy's hair. "Maybe someday you'll be a lion too. I'll be watching for you!" he tells the boy, who immediately runs off to tell his friends of his victory.

The meeting with the mayor is almost uncomfortable. She is excited to meet Merritt, greeting him effusively and practically reciting his resume to him. He was pretty sure she invented a few titles too. But she was also clearly frightened as well and hiding behind pomp and circumstance. With a short bow, he addresses her.

"I apologize for the commotion my presence has stirred up, my lady, however it was urgent that I meet with you. I have received word that there have been kidnappings and disappearances? On top of rumors of devil worshippers? It only seemed right that I personally lead this investigation. I only wish to punish those responsible and do what I can to, hopefully, make things right again. Do you have any information that may be useful? Anything is better than nothing, my lady."

A familiar voice whispers in his mind "be on your guard. All is not as it seems." He rests his hands on the pommel of his sword, attempting to be casual as he awaits her response.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The mayor stands confidently as she addresses Merritt. "I've not much to go on unfortunately. We have been been investigating these kidnappings, but they seem to happen entirely at random. There's no pattern to them, in victim nor in timing. Sometimes people disappear while working the fields in the day, other times people don't arrive home after a night out. We really have no idea who exactly is behind them or what their aims are. The rumor is of a cult sacrificing the victims, though we've no signs of anything to that end in our town. If that is the case, it must be happening elsewhere."

Insight: 1d20+23 34: You sense that the mayor is mostly being truthful, but that she is hiding some details from you.

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer


Iada Kilcis -- Character Sheet PDF -- Current Combat Block

Iada made temporary camp safely outside of town while the rest of the party went about their business, laying the foundation for her grand entrance. It was a little strange being able to think at her companions and have them hear her, but she quickly adapted. She spent her time making small talk with the others ("You know, if you lose to that boy, he's not going to learn anything from it; better to beat him, and give him the lesson," she admonished Merritt), and asking Gladys more questions about Asmodeus while she stripped her armor of all of its Selune symbology. Most of it was inexpensive and easy to remove, as it had a tendency to get damaged during her frequent lycanthrope hunting trips outside the walls of Waterdeep. She was much more careful in removing the stylized claw from the back of the left gauntlet, saying a brief mental prayer for forgiveness from Selune as she did so; a large, blond tiefling woman not wearing a left gauntlet was just a little too likely to out her, and Selune understood the value of practicality, when necessary. Finishing up, she pulled a sheaf of reports from her saddlebags, and after brewing a pot of tea, sat back and began reading them. She rarely got a chance to sit back and relax like this, and she intended to enjoy it.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005





Arka - PDF

Returning to Neverwinter was always a bit like returning home to Arka; these were the descendants of her people after all. Scholars often misrepresented the various Tales of the Eternal Huntress as primarily about the elves, perhaps because she was Elven. What had been lost to time, the message she worked to correct every lifetime with her deeds, was that she was the champion of life, not of just the elves. The orderly passage from life into death is something sacred to all mortals. Whether Sword Coaster, Northerner, or Thayan, each deserved freedom from the tyranny of unlife.

Making her way through the streets of the Protector's Enclave, she puts up with the praise the citizens heap on her; shaking hands, doing her best to smile and school her fierce countenance into something pleasant. She turns no one aside, giving every farmer, merchant, or nobleman the same treatment. When approached by the child, she has no difficulty bringing the smile to her face, gladly kneeling down to sign her bow. Reaching into her pockets, Arka pulls forth a carved figurine of an owl, perhaps a bit crudely whittled, but very distinct. "Keep this with you, and whenever you are scared, if you hold it, you will have my courage," she says a few words of draconic to add a bit of magic to her gesture.

Crossing the bridge toward Castle Never, she instead descends towards the docks of Riverside, passing the terribly popular Driftwood Tavern for the Beached Leviathan. While Riverside itself is part of the Blacklake district, few living remember when it was called the Bluelake district, and was actually home to the local nobility. She has a few moments to ponder on the nature of time before she reaches her destination and steps inside the husk of a great warship, beached like her name. She attempts to enter quietly, but it seems her celebrity has wings, and she is accosted by handshakes, well-wishes, back pats, and cheers on her way to the bar. As is her custom, she accepts a free flagon of common ale, but asks the barkeep to give her portion of food to someone in need.

Judging that her eyes and ears are in place, she decides to rustle the bushes and see what she can shake loose, "The same thing that usually brings me back, I'm afraid. No sooner than I rooted out one cult, I have heard rumors of another trying to gain a foothold here. Can you tell me if you've heard tell of kidnappings, missing sons and daughters, or anything like that? I've no doubt its another necromancer, and hopefully nothing more serious."

Streetwise: 1d20+13 28

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Silenna

Silenna lounges in the rafters of the inn, her serpentine form curled around a beam. It felt good to have shed her biped skin in favor of this; even if it wasn't as large as she was used to, the snakeform still felt more comfortable to her, especially after the days-long horseback ride having left her back and legs aching. And while the city wasn't her typical environment, she had enough space to move. Few people looked at the ground unless they saw something shiny; even less of them looked up. The cityfolk were complacent, happy to simply care only about their lives, their work and their families - they had no need to pay much attention to the world around them.

She doubted therefore how much use this was really going to be. In this form, she could cross the city unseen, possibly infiltrate a few guardposts and look for any documentation that would give them a clue to the cult's whereabouts; but asking the drunks and the singers in a tavern, how much would that really give them? Still, she would stick to the plan as long as it was necessary. Shadowing the huntress hadn't been a particularly difficult task; climbing the tavern moreso, but remaining on the ground would have been a mistake. So for the time being, Silenna simply relaxes, watching the crowd for any possibly suspicious reaction as Arka goes about her questions. If there was a cultist here, she'd spot them easy.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.




Merritt Carlisle - PDF

The mayor's answer, on the surface, seemed to be complete but something in Merritt's gut told him that there were details missing. But what?

"That is indeed quite disturbing my lady. What has your investigation turned up thus far? Surely for those who disappeared in broad daylight in their fields, there were witnesses or some sorts of signs of struggle." Realizing he may have pressed the issue a little too hard, he gestures towards her with his palms up. "I assure you my lady, I do not doubt that you are investigating to the best of your ability. I am simply gathering as much information as I can, that I may aid you. I would hate to duplicate work that your dedicated guards have already done. Does anything else come to mind that I should know about?" Perhaps by being deferential to her, he can encourage to share more...

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Arka

"We've certainly heard of the kidnappings," the barkeep answers, "Everyone is on edge. Mostly people from the outskirts of town, and supposedly from the minor outlying towns as well. Everyone thinks it's a devil-worshipping cult, but no one has any proof. That's actually the strangest part... usually at this point the guard would have some idea of what's going on, but they seem just as much in the dark as we are. It's almost like they're not even trying. I think that's got the town more in an uproar than the actual kidnappings, to be honest."

Merritt

The mayor sighs and bids you to follow her. She leads you to her house, away from everyone, and begins to confide in you. "Look, you didn't hear this from me, but I feel like the guards have been... less than active... in helping solve these disappearances. I don't know if they're on the take or what, but it's very concerning that we don't have any official leads, despite all of the rumors swirling around. I'm sure you'd be a great person to look into this, as you'd certianly have their respect... at least the respect of the ones not involved. Please don't implicate me in this though, I don't want to be the next to go!"

Silenna

You notice what looks to be an off-duty guard in the tavern straighten up upon hearing Arka's conversation with the barkeep. Her body language is noticeably tense. After a moment of Arka talking to the bartender, the off duty guard stands up and moves to the bar, ostensibly for a new drink, though their are servers around to do that.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Silenna

Silenna slithered forward on the beam as she watched the woman walk to the bar. Something was off about the guard. Was she involved? The druid studies the woman for a moment, then taps into her telepathic bond. <"Arka. Keep conversing with the barkeep and don't look. There's a guard on your right. Looks nervous. Possibly involved."> She wasn't sure if the other could hear what she said - or thought, as the case may be - but either way, it was most important that Arka was aware. They could act accordingly if they got her alone, but for now, perhaps it was best to study.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Saint Gladys - PDF - Reference

Feeling heated and focusing on not sharing over the group link, Gladys returns Marcus' affections and coos into his ear. "You have wonderful taste, you old romantic." Excited by the mix of company, the threat of the guard and the thrill of intrigue, Gladys holds near to Marcus for the barest whisper. "And does this nostalgic tale end the same way, tonight..."

Telepathy is a new sensation for Gladys, and perhaps for the world at large it is for the best that is is not the norm. Though she works hard to embody a disciplined approach to Sune's way of life, Saint Gladys is still an embodiment of that purest expression of her deity's beliefs. She would not force her love upon anyone for that is a simple neophyte's mistake, the stereotype of the Sune-crazed nympho. Yet to those who have accepted her, she cannot help but think of them. To admire, to well-wish, to imagine, to feel happiness, to love! So it is that Arka can feel a parent's pride in her warm welcome and the occasional whisper of <"Be careful, my little owl."> A flash of the perceived image of Selena as <"Great noble guardian"> and Gladys is trying to watch Arka's situation out of the corner of her eye, for staring is no subtlety in love nor spycraft. Her thoughts drift, her concern obvious... <"We are here, and the Warden is our shadow, you are safe...">

Klingon w Bowl Cut
Apr 1, 2009

Q'pla!


Marcus Gellantara, Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea, founder and Arch-Bard of the School of Masks!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF
Arch-Bard Marcus's Orokos sheet



Landus Mar, human honeymooner
Marcus actually considers the offer for a moment. He had long wished Gladys could have joined him at the School. She would have fit in perfectly; all his spouses who had met her admired her greatly, and she had so much to teach the students and children. Yet he knew, deep down, that her destiny was far greater than that. To ask her to settle down there would be like caging a glorious wild bird. He could never do that to someone he loved. Despite the stereotype of his lifestyle as one of flippant and casual relationships--some of which is earned, granted--Marcus makes emotional attachments easily and deeply.

On the other hand, the death of Ao still troubles him and presumably Gladys too, so a night of fun and comfort could be exactly what is needed.

"I would be very interested in such an ending," he says, circling his fingers around her tailbone, right where the tiefling's tail was before the ritual. "It would be an epic conclusion to a long and glorious poem. Plus, it would only be the natural end to our cover story. If you think about it, we kind of have to, don't we? Hopefully our brave companions can stay out of trouble long enough for us not to be interrupted."

Even with all the intensity between the two of them, Marcus still makes sure to keep Arka firmly in his periphery. He learned long ago not to let pleasure get in the way of duty.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.




Merritt Carlisle - PDF

Merritt clasps the mayor's hand in his. "I will do everything in my and my lord's power to ensure your safety. On my lord's name and honor, you will not be implicated." He pauses to allow that to sink in. He lets go of her hand and rests his hands on his sword again. "I should like to speak with one of your guards, if you would kindly point me in their direction?"

After being guided out of the mayor's house, he reaches out to Iada. It was rather odd for him to be the voice in someone else's head. <"Did you catch that? The guards are involved somehow...either they're looking the other way, or they're the ones doing the kidnapping.">

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005





Arka - PDF

<Thank you, Silenna.> she thinks through the link, already reframing her opinion of the Warden. Certainly not a coward, to chance being a snake in so crowded a room.

Arka tries without much success to filter out Gladys's constant stream of motherly worry and praise, not out of any ill will, but out of a fear it must be showing on her face. Indeed, her normal resting witch face has a decidedly lopsided smile in it. That is until the barkeep tosses out a rumor.

"Devil worshipping?" Arka says in a fierce whisper, giving it just the right amount of volume to carry to her new admirer, but seem like she is trying to conceal it, "dangerous words and even more dangerous if true."

She takes a long swallow from her tankard, covering up another smile from some lovely bit of praise seeping through, before continuing, "If the guard is complacent, or worse, involved, I will have to take a more direct hand. Not my area of expertise, but a danger to Neverwinter nonetheless."

Without looking toward her admirer, Arka fixes the image of the woman as interpreted through her allies' comments into her mind, using her exceptional senses to paint the picture. From the feeling of the air moving around her, the slightly agitated way she breathes, the sound of her footfalls and unconscious mannerisms, or even the cadence of her elevated heartbeat, Arka feels she could pick this woman out of a crowd of thousands with no effort whatsoever.

The offduty guard is designated my Quarry.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


As soon as the bartender finishes talking about the disappearances, the guard abruptly turns and briskly heads for the exit, leaving her empty mug on the bartop. She's still in her armor and you're easily able to follow her as she bobs and weaves between various pedestrians throughout the crowded streets, her neck-length brown hair flying behind her. She appears to be heading towards the guard barracks, but about a block before there, she turns left into a small, dark alley. She appears to be headed towards the cellar entrance of a small, dark red brick building. She's just about to open the doors when you get within range of her...

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Silenna

In the tavern

The cleric and bard's conversation, whispered though it is, easily reaches Silenna's ears as she perches in the rafter. In her current form, she cannot roll her eyes, as hard as she might try. <"Let us try to remain on task before we engage in any frivolous indulgences. It might be the end of the world, after all."> She directs the thought towards both Gladys and Marcus; though she isn't sure if the others could hear as well.

On the streets

Silenna is the first on the guard's tail, sneaking along walls and through alleyways to keep up with the suspicious woman as she moves through the crowd. She almost gets stepped on a few times, due to careless peasants not minding their clumsy feet, but she's dextrous enough to avoid any embarrassing mistakes. So when the woman moves into the alley instead of the barracks, the snake surges forward. Avoiding detection was still their greatest priority beyond information; and they had a location, now. Without hesitation, she wraps around the woman's upper torso, restraining her arms and latching her jaws onto the vulnerable throat - not biting through, just enough to be a threat - before pulling her head to get the guard to the ground, lest her jugular be cut open. <"Have restrained the guard; she was about to enter a likely location for the cult. Advise you catch up quickly."> If the guard attempts to scream or move, Silenna bites down just a bit; she might not be able to talk, but that should be enough to get the message across that silent cooperation would be a good thing until her companions got here.

Wahad fucked around with this message at Aug 8, 2017 around 07:44

Thanatosian
Apr 16, 2013

Angrier, Bitterer Man


Grimey Drawer


Iada Kilcis -- Character Sheet PDF -- Current Combat Block

Iada--doing her best to muffle the sound of Gladys with Marcus in her head--suddenly hears Merritt cut through, spilling a bit of her tea in surprise. "Corrupt guards, huh? What in the world have the Nine been doing with their time?" Iada begins cleaning up her tea, and putting away her reports. "You want to kick down some doors, Merritt? Or just draw some more attention by 'carefully' asking around about the guards? I can provide backup if need be."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005





Arka - PDF

Throwing back her ale, Arka senses the guard's presence diminishing, her keen ears twitching at the sound of the wooden door gently opening, swinging past its jamb, and then coming to a rest. Beginning a slow count of thirty, she pulls several gold coins from her belt pouch, laying them flat upon the bar, "Keep this round going, old friend, for all the good men and women in the Leviathan tonight and every night. And don't forget to take a little for yourself." Weaving her way through the building crowd, she slides out of the tavern silently, hitching the collar of her longcoat around her face. <Marcus, Gladys, I'm following Silenna and the guard. Feel free to follow in a moment, I'll leave you a trail.>

Looking from side to side, Arka lets her awareness wander. Most people were careless, and left signs of their comings and goings for anyone to follow, if that someone knew how to read them. A muddy boot print, and its mate, spaced far enough apart to be hurried. A nearby rivulet in the muck, wrist thick, winding its way against the buildings in the same general direction as the boot prints. A scuffle, as if the hurried party pushed someone out of their way, and didn't even turn to apologize. As she makes her way after her quarry, she leaves patently obvious signs along her route; a cross knifed into the mouth of an alleyway, an arrow left atop a crate, and other such signs that surely the young couple could easily follow. At least it appeared they were headed to the guard barracks, which could be mundane. Silenna's thoughts announce the capture, and the damning alteration to the route.

Icicle in her belly, Arka lets out a very old sigh, Shall we see how she'll explain this, she thinks to herself. In less than a minute she enters the alley to find the woman completely at the mercy of Silenna's coils, "I believe you have had a moment to think about your predicament. Perhaps you would like to tell me what I will find in that cellar," she gestures, "or just how deep this little cult goes? And I wouldn't try to scream; you wouldn't want to startle that snake. It appears very poisonous." Arka trusts Silenna to act upon any perceived threat from the captive, and does not draw her weapon, perhaps making it seem as if she commands the serpent directly.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Aug 9, 2017 around 08:10

Klingon w Bowl Cut
Apr 1, 2009

Q'pla!


Marcus Gellantara, Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea, founder and Arch-Bard of the School of Masks!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF
Arch-Bard Marcus's Orokos sheet



Landus Mar, human honeymooner
<It would be a poor world we're fighting for if one could not engage in frivolity.> Marcus thinks in Silenna’s direction through the link, rolling his mental eyes. <But don't worry, we're on our way.>

"Well, what do you say my dear?" he says out loud to his amorous companion. "Shall we go for a stroll?"

The merchant's son takes his bride by the hand and leads her confidently through the streets of the city, following in Arka’s wake, to an alleyway conveniently close to where Silenna has captured the guard. He then proceeds to embrace and kiss her vigorously, while his ears are perked up for the slightest hint of danger. Marcus is a practiced, capable multi-tasker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.




Merritt Carlisle - PDF

"It seems either way we draw attention. I suggest we remain subtle for the time being. Kicking down doors shall happen in due time, but we don't know which ones to kick just yet." He pauses for a moment to consider the situation. "Backup may be helpful...the devil worshipping type aren't exactly going to welcome me with tea."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«5 »