Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Saint Gladys - PDF - Reference

(Deducted 720 gold to account for using Phantom Steed twice.)

Gladys descends from her steed and gives it a head-to-head nuzzle, whispering well-wishes before dismissing the ethereal mount. She glides over to Elminster and makes sure he receives the hug a good friend is due. Once greetings are exchanged she stands with the others and laces her fingers together, ruminating on their time in Neverwinter. "We were able to flush out the followers of the High Cleric, and made certain to guide them away from his temptation. Justice was mete to the Cleric, and deferred with the others. Fifteen were numbered among the city guard and we were obligated to inform the Nine." Gladys sighs a bit, her halo waning as she raises a hand to her own heart. "I am happy for them but it is inevitable we have tipped off our grand adversary. Asmodeus would never be delayed a soul that is dutifully his, and certainly will be aware of the harvest denied him."

She lowers her hands and smiles radiantly, looking to each of her allies. "I am prepared to travel to the very Hells, for our duty is too important to let fear rule. Whether we subdue him, confrontation is unavoidable. Would it be any easier to trick the Lord of Lies, or to overpower the King of Hell? Only we can even consider paths so difficult!" She considers carefully what they're suggesting... "You will only have success dividing Hell if you act when passions are at their highest, or can be convinced to reach that point. Old texts speak of the divisions in Hell, but they always end the same way: Asmodeus reinforces his will as King. Only the dimmest Devil would take us at our word alone, especially when one of the tablets bolsters the Master of Hell."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

"It sounds like the situation in Neverwinter was worse than I'd imagined. I'm glad you were able to clear it up! Now then," Elminster says, "what Marcus says is correct. To answer your further questions, you will land in Avernus, the first layer of hell. You can expect to find a barren wasteland, a staging ground for the devils' war agains the demons. The leader there is Bel, the Warlord. He came up from but a quivering lemur to a full pit fiend before finally betraying his mistress and becoming the Lord of the First. The other Archdevils don't respect him, and he hasn't established any cults since he is too busy leading the crusade against the demons.

"Going foward into the second layer, Dis, is home to the Iron City of Dis, and little else. It is led by the recusive Iron Duke, Dispater. He is extremely risk adverse and will very rarely leave his Iron Tower.

"The third layer is Minauros, an endless marsh of pollution and bodies, showered constantly by rain, sleet and hail. Its ruler is Mammon the Viscount, who participated in a rebellion called the Reckoning against Asmodeus with a couple other Archdevils, and was the first to beg forgiveness and plead fealty to the King of Hells once the rebellion failed, leaving him greatly unpopular among other Archdevils. Instead, he focuses on his cults among mortals as a patron of greed and lust. You may appreciate him, Silenna! He appears as a great snake with a humanoid torso and head!

"Phlegethos is the fourth layer, and it lives up to the stereotypes of hell. It is fire and brimstone at its finest, with volcanos and earthquakes everywhere. Together, Lady Fierna and Archduke Belial rule this layer. Fierna, the official ruler, is Belial's daughter, though he seeks to rule through her. She has been seeking greater independence lately and has been allying with Glasya.

"The fifth layer, Stygia, is the total opposite of Phlegethos, consisting of a gigantic ocean covered in a thick layer of ice, with a few floating islands. Prince Levistus rules this layer, though in reality he doesn't do much; he was encased in a block of ice by Asmodeus for killing his consort (and Glasya's mother).

"The Archduchess Glasya, daughter of Asmodeus is the Lord of the Sixth layer of hell, Malbolge. It is an outwardly beautiful layer, filled with gardens, fountains and reflecting pools, though corruption seeps through everything, poisoning the waters and warping the architecture. Glasya herself has but fledgling cults and is instead trying to build intelligence to get permission from her father to kill Levistus for good.

"Maladomini, the Seventh layer, is littered with abandoned cities as its leader, Baalzebul the Slug Archduke, is obsessed with perfection and constantly had his followers build new cities for him when he saw a flaw in his current one. Baalzebul, once an archon of Celestia named Triel, was turned into a slug by Asmodeus after the failed rebellion. He openly plots against Mephistopheles, though he is eternally angered by Asmodeus and still strives for the Throne of Nine Hells.

"The eighth layer, Cania, is a barren, frozen wasteland dotted by extremely large and fast moving glaciers, the largest of which is named Nargus, where a citadel entirely made of ice named Mephistar stands. Mephistar is inhabited by the Lord of the Eight, Mephistopheles. Mephistopheles has been developing a new form of magical fire named Hellfire, and has been offering it to mortals as a means to entice potential followers to his cults. He somehow managed to avoid demotion following The Reckoning, and plots to no end against Baalzebul. Mortals often believe he is the same as Asmodeus, which consumes him with anger.

"And finally, Nessus, the ninth layer of hell, is your destination, and home to Asmodeus. Nessus itself is a progression of caverns, chasms and great rifts that lead down hundreds of miles containing armies, citadels and cities, including Asmodeus' citadel..."

He pauses to take a breath before continuing, "So anyway, you probably won't have to literally fight through every layer of hell, especially because of the internal politics of hell. Your main goal here is to get that piece of tablet away from Asmodeus, anyway, not to clear hell of every devil.

"Now then... let me know when you are ready to go, and we can begin the ritual."

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 2, 2017

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

"If you are all ready, then gather round the stone circle," Elminster says. He mutters some unintelligible words before finishing in Infernal, "And into hell take us, that we might conquer the devils within." With that, a glowing red portal opens in the center of the circle of stones.

Moving through, you find yourself in what looks like a ruined battlefield, with craters and decaying corpses of demons and devils strewn about. Rusted weapons litter the ground as fires burn randomly along the landscape. Volcanos explode in the distance, raining fireballs down from the sky. A couple miles off, you see a citadel made of blackened iron, apparently the seat of Bel. You are greeted by some surprised imps, nowhere near a threat for you. Shocked, they speak to you in Infernal, "You are no devil, or no demon! Who are you? Why are you here?"

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 4, 2017

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

, Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF
Arch-Bard Marcus's Orokos sheet

As this is only the second time Marcus has visited Hell, he is a little uncomfortable. It's too hot and dry, and everything from his bones to his muscles are complaining already. Damned old body. But with force of will and spirit, he hides his unease masterfully and gives the imps a placating smile.

"Who are we?" he says in fluent, locally accented Infernal. "It would really be best for you not to concern yourselves with that, for your own sakes. We need to meet with the Iron Duke Dispater. It is a matter of some urgency, and... well, I wouldn't be surprised if he or your lord here looked favorably upon your helpful guidance to the nearest portal to Dis. I will be sure to put in a good word for you."

He also stands ready to translate for any of his companions who do not speak Infernal, if they have more to add.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Iada Kilcis -- Character Sheet PDF -- Current Combat Block

Being slightly embarrassed at never having learned to speak Infernal in all her years of dealing with demons, Iada draws her oversized sword, leaning on it menacingly while glaring at the two demons. Nodding towards Marcus (and having no idea what he is saying), she merely states in common "you'd best listen."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

"Glowering won't help with devils," Silenna adds calmly, taking a step forward, "their existence is one of pain and hatred. Thus, they only respond to one thing." Arthion slithers from her back, and disappears under a heap of weapons. "A decisive show of power." Whereas her transformation at the cellar in Neverwinter had been slow and deliberate, this time it is more of a true display of her abilities; the Warden simply disappears, and in the blink of an eye, a giant snake lunges for the imps. One disappears in her gaping jaw, which closes with an audible snap; the other suddenly finds himself assaulted by a flash of colors as the rainbow-hued cobra strikes from behind and wraps the small creature in its many coils. Silenna smacks a fleeing devil with the full weight of her tail, crushing him against the ground and leaving the final one to speak. Her form shifts, once more, and only one imp remains, firmly bound in the cobra's grasp. "Master Bard, please enlighten our host on the benefits of cooperation."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Inevitably, the Nine Hells would always be a popular subject of study in religious texts. Understand sin, understand the sinner. Understand temptation and you can fight against it. And who among the devout could not consider the origination myths and the implications there-in, or consider even briefly the nature of the systems of Hell, to dream of saving the damned. Gladys hasn't considered it much beyond idle speculation, even when her own legend began to grow. Her work was always to dedicated her life to the living, for the dead have already cast their lot. Still, she certainly can't turn down Elminster or their current task.

As they warp into the volcanic plains of the First, Gladys finds her skin covered in goosebumps and her nerves on edge. True, Hell wasn't going to be a pleasant place, but to step into a land where evil has had time to suffuse through every rock beneath their feet, to bleed into the air and sky itself, and to even personify as these wretched little imps... it's all Gladys can do to stay her hand, arm half-risen, ready to bathe and absolve them in holy light! She covers her face with her other hand and tries to think of... the beauty in this situation... her comrades give her enough solace to peer off into the horizon and briefly consider the majesty of the erupting volcanoes. It's fortunate she is red, she thinks... for she is quite embarrassed to have always relied upon ritual and hand-translation to work through the occasional tome in Infernal that a church would deem safe enough to keep. Here she must rely on Marcus or spell for personal conversation.

"Perhaps... perhaps, we might request all the info they have, on passage through the layers. It would be prudent of us to try to estimate how many things we must attend to, and how many dilemmas may be forced upon us, and where upon they may appear." She has let her halo drop for now and minds her words. They would be a large target soon, no need to help that along.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

Arka is silent for much of the journey back to the shrine to meet Elminster. Seeing her homeland so caught in the grips of devil worship does not fill her with comfort. Venturing into the devil's domain, into the very heart of Nessus, conjures no dread in her, only grim purpose.

---

The heat of the ruined fields of Avernus, site of eternal sieges, skirmishes, and slaughter, warms her cold skin, but it is not a place of comfort. Eyeing the imps, but finding them no threat, she instead turns her attention toward the horizon, lest they find themselves surrounded by enemies more formidable than these. She resists a primal urge to draw her bow and hold it for comfort, nodding along with her allies, "I trust these imps no further than earshot, and unless suitably cowed they will likely direct others towards us. Do they know anything useful or shall we dispatch them?"

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Merritt Carlisle - PDF

Upon arrival in Avernus, Merritt finds himself feeling rather...on edge. Every nerve in his body was tingling and the hairs on the back of his neck stood while in the overwhelming presence of evil. He is mindful to appear as ordinary and mortal as possible, although he is certain that eventually some demon would realize his nature. He grips his sword and nods in agreement with Arka. "I doubt these imps will be sorely missed..."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

The remaining imp cowers in Silenna's grasp "Please don't kill me!" he pleads in Infernal after seeing his companions taken out by her. "Yes, yes, I take you to Dis. You need way past gate though. Gate in way. Keeps Dis from Avernus... I take you to gate if you want... just don't kill!"

The imp leads you to the gate, about a mile away, built into the side of a giant mountain. The gate itself is extraordinarily imposing. It's 150 feet high and 200 feet wide, carved out of the black stone of the mountain with reliefs of pit fiends and flames. The grate is 125 feet high and 150 feet wide, made of a dark, blackened iron. You see no immediate means of opening it. When pressed, the imp replies, "Bel control gate, know how open. If you no kill, I take you to him. Him no hate surface, no as much as demon. Maybe he no fight you like he fight demon?"

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 10, 2017

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

, Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

Marcus relays what the imp has told him to the rest of the party, then turns to the devil.

"Your fate is more up to the giant snake-monster than me," he says to him in Infernal. "For what it's worth though, I appreciate your cooperation so far. Take us to Bel and I'll ask as nicely as I can for her to spare you. Keep in mind, though, that we can and will hunt you down if you betray us. I doubt it will be any prettier than what happened to your friend.

Marcus turns his head to address Silenna, Arka, and Merritt in Common. "You're right not to trust an imp, though remember that they are devils, and thus care about hierarchy. Worst case scenario, he sells us out to his more-intelligent boss, who will know more and possibly be easier to strike a deal with. Or have more of an impact killing. Best case, he leads us to this Bel character, whom we can convince him to open the gate. An entire layer passed. I say we should follow until we are given a reason not to."

To Gladys, he adds, along with a comforting smile, "You are quite right, we should get as much information as we can. It would be better to try to get it from creatures a bit farther up the chain than imps, though... Don't worry, I promise we'll get through this, together."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

"I trust your judgment, Marcus. But I hope you will not begrudge me if I keep my bow at hand," Arka meaningfully glances down at the remaining imp not currently in serpentine clutches, "Let us make haste to wherever it is that they'll take us. I feel very exposed standing out here."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Merritt Carlisle - PDF

"I agree - we must move quickly."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You make the trek back over to Bel's fortress. It looks like a mid sized castle, surprisingly unassuming, except made of iron rather than stone. Led by the imp, the gate opens as you approach. A group of devils training for war against the demons inside the fortress stare, looking as though they are ready to attack at any wrong movement. "Follow me. I take to Bel," the imp says. You are led inside the keep into the great hall.

As you enter the great hall, you see a massive pit fiend sitting at the end in a plain iron throne, looking distracted in thought. The imp leads you to him and announces in Infernal, "General Bel, visitors here from other world. Say want to see Dispater. Seeks permission to go to Dis." Bel looks up in surprise, greeting you cautiously in Common, "And why should I allow you to live, much less pass through my plane and into Dis? What could you possibly want there? You are very lucky I have more to worry about currently than a collection of mere mortals from Toril..."

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Iada Kilcis -- Character Sheet PDF -- Current Combat Block

Iada pulls herself to her full heigh, and briefly, respectfully inclines her head towards Bel. "Lord Bell, Master of Avernus, we travel to Stygia. My companion's granddaughter" she gestures towards Marcus "was sacrificed by one of Levistus' cults. She was dear to him, and we intend to extract a price from Levistus for his cults' malfeasance. We will slay his closest aides, and free any who are being held close to him against their will." Iada pauses, letting her eyes wander about the room a bit. "Now, we have no quarrel with you, great Lord. However, we have not come here unprepared. Each of us is a great hero in our own right, and while we may not be able to trouble a fiend of your stature directly... we could certainly do some harm to your underlings. So, all we ask is that you let us pass into Dis, unmolested." Reaching up to run one finger along one of the wicked-looking lamp sconces along the wall, Iada examines the finger as if finding it lacking, shakes her head, and then continues. "Of course... being heroes of great renown, we could, alternatively, be of aid to you. No one would suspect us of being your agents. And of course, we'd be happy to perform such a task... provided you could show us a shortcut. Anything to let us skip some levels, not force us to deal with some of the Lords of the other levels, who have a reputation for lacking your wisdom."

Bluffing Bel: 1d20+29 46

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

Before Iada has finished speaking, Marcus is already in the role she is setting up for him. His face is a stony mask, full of pain, hate, and focus. He stares into Bel's eyes, unblinking, and lets the demon see the fictional grand-daughter's brief yet bright life play out on his anguished features.

"I will avenge my dear Cecilia," he says icily. "With your assistance or not. I will do whatever it takes, and I suggest you not try to stop me."

Marcus makes a show of struggling to hold himself back from speaking more. He rests a hand on Iada's shoulder and averts his gaze from Bel, giving her the opportunity to cover for his "insolence" if necessary. A little speaking out of turn, he reasons, will give this act a delicious spice of truth.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

The archdevil rests his chin on his fist in thought before speaking very deliberately, "Very well... perhaps you could be of use to me then. In exchange for safe passage into Dis, I would like you to help clear up an... issue that my troops are having some trouble with. There is a portal to the Abyss not far from here. I would like you to close it. Be warned, however, it is guarded by some powerful demons. They will not make it easy on you; so far my troops have kept it to but a stalemate. You will push forward and bring down that portal, and in return, you shall be granted access to Dis, though know that my blessing does not carry weight down below."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

The imp leads you across the blotted hellscape that is Avernus, through winding rivers of lava and over and around large boulders, at times wading through massive fields of unburied corpses of demons and devils, the stench of rotting flesh overwhelming the now normal seeming smell of sulfur. Soon you see the outline of a gigantic glowing purple gate, in front of which stands the huge silhouetted figure of a Glabrezu looking around at his minions around him. You also see two hulking Goristro from a distance. As you approach, you make out the figures of two Hezrou as well. The demons are wreaking havoc among the imps that Bel has sent to distract them. As you near, you see the Glabrezu pick up four imps--one in each hand--and systemically bite their heads off one by one before flinging their bodies towards the lava that winds through the area. The Hezrou can be seen bending lifting imps up off the ground before slamming them back down, shattering their bodies, while the Goristro are stomping about crushing the imp foot soldiers beneath their feet.

Through all this, the Glabrezu seems to notice the six of you (plus Silenna’s pet) approach and flings the imp in his hand at you before beating his chest and shouting in Abyssal, “Ahaha! More foes come to face us! This time pitiful surface dwellers! Let us crush these fools who hope meddle in battles they know nothing of and send them screaming into the abyss!” The other demons sharply turn towards their leader as he shouts before turning towards you, glowering and preparing to fight.

Glabrezu:

Hezrou:

Goristro:

---

Glabrezu: [D16] HP:512 AC/F/R/W: 37/39/35/35
Hezrou A: [L8] HP: 254 AC/F/R/W: 34/36/33/33
Hezrou B: [D24] HP: 254 AC/F/R/W: 34/36/33/33
Goristro A: [F9] HP: 236 AC/F/R/W: 33/35/32/32
Goristro A: [J23] HP: 236 AC/F/R/W: 33/35/32/32

Initiative: 1d20+14 28 2#1d20+10 18 18 2#1d20+16 18 27 - Average: 21

Roll initiative and move yourself up to 3 squares I’m going to take the average of the monster rolls and the average of the PC rolls to determine which side goes first.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

Demons. Dangerous, violent...but with the six of them gathered here, these brutes shouldn't be too big a threat - at least, she hopes so. The incarnations of primordial evil weren't quite her area of expertise, but they'd bleed like anything else. "Arthion, to me," she calls, stepping forward past the Lion of Torm and settling her gaze on the nearest Hezrou. The colorful cobra catches up quickly enough.

Initiative for me and cobra, rolled twice taken highest, at 1d20+16=30. Move to Q12 and Q14 for me and pet respectively.

pre:
Silenna   						 
HP: 125/125 (0)	        AC:   33 	Passive Insight: 33
Surges: 8/8 (V: 31)	For:  31 	Passive Perception: 35
Initiative: +16		Ref:  34 	Action Points: 2
Speed: 8		Will: 37	        
Languages: Common, Elven                Vision: Low-light

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Assassin's Shroud       [ ] Camouflage Cloak           [ ] Clinging Drones
Chill Wind		[ ] Claws of Retribution       [ ] Fazing Fangs
Grasping Claws         	[ ] Constricting Coils	       [ ] Jaws of Ice
Savage Rend             [ ] Darting Viper              [ ] Primal Lion
Wild Shape              [ ] Elven Accuracy          
                        [ ] Feywild Sojourn            
                        [ ] Infiltrating Drone         
                        [ ] Predator's Flurry
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Serpent's Dash
                        [ ] Sudden Bite

Item Powers
[ ] Boots of the Fencing Master (Encounter)
[ ] Diamond Cincture (At-Will)
[ ] Marauder's Armor (Daily)
[ ] Staff of the Serpent (Daily)
[ ] Torc of Power Preservation (Daily)

Conditionals
Boots of the Fencing Master: On shift, you get +1 to AC/Ref UEOYNT. 
Danger Sense: Roll twice for initiative.
Enraged Boar Form: When in beast form, +1 to attack and +2 to damage rolls on charge.
Fey Beast Tamer: CA against enemies in your companion's aura. 
Communicate normally with your companion and other creatures of the same kind.
Magnificent Beast: Can choose to become large when wild shaping to beast form. 
While you are in Large beast form, you get a +2 bonus to damage rolls and speed. 
Marauder's Armor: On charge, you get +3 AC UEOYNT.
Pouncing Form: When using wild shape to change into beast form, you can shift 6 squares.
Primal Resurgence: Once per day, when you become bloodied, you may regain use of a used primal daily power.
Quick Wild Shape: Wild Shape as free action on your turn.
Ruthless Killer: When hitting target with grasping claws, can choose to immobilize.
Immobilize lasts UEOYNT or until you are no longer adjacent.
Serpent Form: When in beast form, you get resist 15 poison and +5 to Stealth.
Snake Fang Action: When you spend an AP to make an attack, 
each target hit by that attack takes 10 ongoing poison damage (save ends).
Staff Expertise: Ranged and Area attacks do not provoke OA. Melee attacks have +1 reach.
Stalking Panther Form: When in beast form, +5 to Stealth and +4 to initiative.
Venom Hand Master: Attacks ignore poison resistance and immunity.
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against immobilized or slowed targets.
Wild Elf Luck: +1d4 on elven accuracy reroll.
pre:
Watchful Cobra (Fey Beast Companion)
HP: 62/62	        AC:   34
Speed: 8, climb 6	Fort: 34
Initiative: 16          Ref:  36 
Perception: 37          Will: 32

MBA: Melee 1; One Creature; +26 vs AC, Hit: 1d8+10
Aura 1 Enemies in the aura can't gain CA. 

Wahad fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 7, 2017

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

"Beware, beasts!" Marcus shouts back in Abyssal, his thunderous voice projected far and wide. Though the language is naturally ugly to most ears, when the Arch-Bard speaks it, it sounds like the awesome wrath of a righteous god. He levels a grim gaze at his foes as he readies his sword and shield. "You face legends on this day!"

Initiative #1: 1d20+11 28
Advance to R-19.

pre:
Marcus   						 
HP: 132/132 (33 temp)	AC:   36 	Passive Insight: 42
Surges: 12/12 (V: 33)	For:  34 	Passive Perception: 25
Initiative: +11		Ref:  34
Speed: 6		Will: 39	Action Points: 1        
Languages: All of them                  Vision: Normal

Vicious Mockery         [ ] Use Vulnerability           [ ] Verse of Triumph
Staggering Note		[ ] Words of Friendship         [ ] Wail of Anguish    
Wail of Anguish Attack  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  Majestic Word	[ ] Increasing the Tempo     
                        [ ] Deflect Attention           [ ] Visions of Victory
                        [ ] Victorious Smite            [ ] Song of Courage
                        [ ] Earthquake Strike           [ ] Despana's Strategem
                        [ ] Word of Vulnerability       [ ] Echoing Steps
                        [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Veil
                        [ ] Battle Chant
                        [ ] Lessons of History
                        [ ] Haste
MBA: Lilting Songblade +4, +27 attack, 2d8+7 damage
Crits: +4d10
Item Powers
[ ] Lilting Songblade (Daily)
[ ] ESP Medallion (Encounter)
[ ] Vortex Shield (Daily)
[ ] Adamantine Hide Gloves (Daily)
[ ] Circlet of Mental Onslaught (Daily)
[ ] Dwarven Greaves (Daily)

Conditionals
Resists: 1 all
Saves: None, alas
Virtue of Valor: Once per round when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or drops an enemy to 0 HP,  Marcus can 
spend a free action to give that ally 10 temp HP, and he gains the same amount.
Agile Opportunist: When Marcus is subjected to forced movement into a square adjacent to an enemy, he can 
make an MBA as an immediate reaction.
Opportunistic Withdrawal: Moving doesn't provoke an OA from enemies Marcus has CA against.
Resourceful Leader: When an ally Marcus can see spends an action point, their extra action gains +7 damage on a 
hit or adds 7 temp HP on a miss.
Inspire by Example: When Marcus spends an action point, allies within 5 squares gain +5 to attack and 
damage rolls until EOMNT.
Adamantine Hide Gloves: When Marcus spends an action point, his melee attacks deal 5 extra thunder 
damage until the end of the encounter.
Inspire by Deed Marcus can spend 2 action points per encounter, instead of 1.
Saving Breath: Targets of Majestic Word gain +5 to their next saving throw.
Majestic Rescue: Targets of Majestic Word can make a saving throw.
Supreme Majesty: Marcus can target 2 allies with Majestic Word instead of 1.
Vortex Shield: Immediate interrupt when targeted with a burst or blast attack. The enemy takes 
-4 on the attack roll against all other targets in the burst or blast.
Lesser Ring of Feather Fall: Marcus takes no damage from falls.
Dwarven Greaves: Immediate interrupt when hit by a power that has a push, pull, or slide effect. Marcus 
negates the forced movement.
Potion Bandolier: Marcus can hold 6 potions, and retrieving them from the belt is a free action.
Battle Song Expertise: Marcus adds +1 to the number of squares he can push, pull, and slide creatures.
Scrolls:
Scroll of Shatter x 1
Scroll of Change Self x 2
Scroll of Protection from Energy x 5

Orbs fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 7, 2017

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Iada Kilcis -- Character Sheet PDF

Iada draws her swords and takes a few practices swings as she marches forward. Tilting her head in Marcus' direction, she states simply "What he said" as she moves deliberately towards the demons.
Advance to P-18

Initiative vs. Demons guarding gate: 1d20+22 26
Just a reminder that Iada is providing a +1 shield bonus to AC to all of her allies (doesn't stack with other shield bonuses)

pre:

HP: 139/139 (+34 temp)	AC:	39	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 16/16 (V: 34)	For:	36	Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +22		Ref:	33	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	36      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Chondathan	

At Will			Encounter				Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Blade of Nightmares		[ ] Kalak's Burning Sands
Ardent Strike		[ ] Valorous Smite     		[ ] Knight's Defiance
Divine Challenge	[ ] Warlock's Wrath		[ ] Corona of Blinding Radiance
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Touch of Command		[ ] Hellforged Blade
Hellish Rebuke		[ ] Castigating Strike		[ ] Vengeful Vigilance
Dark One's Blessing	[ ] Thirsting Tendrils		
			[ ] Call of Challenge			
			[ ] Fey Switch			
			[ ] Avernian Challenge			
			[ ] Infuriating Elusiveness		
			[ ] Wrathful Warrior		
			[ ] Second Wind			

Item Powers
[ ] Strikebacks (Encounter)
[ ] Amulet of Life (Encounter)
[ ] Counterstrike Guards (Encounter)
[ ] Flaming Longsword (Daily)
[ ] Ring of Personal Gravity (Daily)
[ ] Ring of Action Reversal (Daily)
[ ] Symbol of the Champion's Code (Daily)
[ ] Dwarven Armor (Daily)

MBA: +29 (+1 opportunity, +1 vs. bloodied) Eldritch Strike, 2d8+22 damage (+3d8 vs. cursed), slide target one square, target is slowed until the start of Iada's next 
turn; swap away from fire as a free action if it's obviously disadvantageous (-1 to-hit, -5 damage)
Crits: +4d6
Divine Challenge:  15 Radiant damage
Divine Sanction:  20 Radiant damage
Hellish Mark: 13 fire damage

Passives:
Resists: Fire 15
Saves:  +8 vs. Daze, Stun, Dominate
Bloodhunt:  Iada gets +1 to attack rolls vs. bloodied enemies
Devout Protector Expertise:  Iada's allies get a +1 shield bonus to AC
Hero's Poise: When Iada succeeds on a save to end an effect, allies within 5 squares gain +8 to their next save until the start of her next turn
Fiery Blood: Whenever Iada takes fire damage from an attack, each adjacent enemy takes 10 fire damage
Superior Will: Iada saves at the start of her turn to undo Stun/Daze.
Hindering Shield:  Whenever Iada pushes, pulls, or slides an enemy, they are slowed until the start of her next turn.
Twofold Pact (Infernal): When an enemy Iada has cursed drops to 0 HP, she gains 21 temp HP
Paladin's Truth: When Iada attacks a creature she has marked, she ignores its resistances and immunities
Weakening Challenge: Whenever a target takes damage from Iada's Divine Challenge/Sanction, they are also weakened on the triggering attack
Haunted Blade 5: When Iada makes an Intimidate check, she rolls twice and uses the best result
Avernian Action: When Iada spends an action point, her attack powers deal 13 extra fire damage until the end of her next turn
Melee Implement: Iada does not provoke attacks of opportunity when using ranged arcane powers
Hellish Mark: Marked enemies take 13 damage when making an attack that doesn't include Iada as a target
Flaming Weapon: Untyped weapon & implement damage dealt by Iada changes to fire damage (can be deactivated with a free action)
Silt Striders: Iada can move across non-solid horizontal surfaces (such as water or silt) as though they were solid ground, and ignore difficult terrain resulting from dirt, sand or silt
Ring of Personal Gravity:  When an effect forces Iada to move through a push, pull, or slide, she moves 1 square less than the effect specifies
Ioun Stone of Allure: Iada gains a +4 item bonus to Charisma ability checks

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 6, 2017

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Merritt unsheathes his sword and meets the gaze of Glabrezu. He levels it directly at the beast, declaring "Wail, for the day of the Lord is near; as destruction from the Almighty it will come!". He strides confidently forward, ready to do battle.

Initiative: 1d20+17 24
Move: to P15

pre:
Merritt Carlisle   						 
HP: 151/151 (THP: )		AC:  38		Passive Insight: 33
Surges: 13/13 (V: 42)		Fort: 36	Passive Perception: 26
Initiative: +17			Ref:  32	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6 (Fly 8)		Will: 34	Vision: normal
Languages: Common, Elven, Supernal

Resists/Immunities
Resist 15 Fire, Resist 15 Radiant
Immune to fear

Basic Attacks
MBA: 1d20+28; 2d12+16

Powers

At-Will
Divine Challenge		Holy Strike			Ardent Strike

Encounter
[ ] Action Point		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Heroic Effort
[ ] Channel Divinity		[ ] Virtue			[ ] Shield of Discipline
[ ] Benediction			[ ] Red Death			[ ] Guardian's Counter
[ ] Lawbreaker's Doom		[ ] Dispensed Justice		[ ] Castigating Strike
[ ] Mark of Terror		[ ] Strength from Valor		[ ] Battle Awareness

Daily
4/4 Virtue's Touch		[ ] Divine Aegis		[ ] Avatar of Undaunted Bravery
[ ] Wheel of Fate		[ ] Blood Oath Fulfilled

Item Powers
[ ] Sacrificial Fullblade +5 (Daily)
[ ] Dwarven Legion Plate Armor +5 (Daily)
[ ] Amulet of Life +4 (Encounter)
[ ] Helm of Teleportation (Encounter)

Reactions
Divine Challenge: Target takes 17 radiant damage first time per round
	that it targets any of my allies with an attack power that doesn't include
	me
Divine Sanction: Target takes 10 radiant damage first time per round
	me
Battle Awareness: 1/encounter make imm. interrupt MBA against adjacent
	enemy that shifts or doesn't include me in attack
Guardian's Counter: An ally within 2sq of me is hit by an attack and I'm
	not included in the attack: The ally and I shift up to 2 sq as a free
	action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack,
	in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, I can make a BA against
	the attacker
Benediction: An ally within 5sq hits with a melee attack: The target can
	either spend a healing surge or make two damaage rolls for the attack
	and use either result

Class/Path/Destiny Features
Guardian: Choose one creature to be my bonded charge. If an enemy attacks
	them, I gain +1 to attack against them USO the enemies NT.
Immobilizing Action: WHen you take an action point to attack a
	lawbreaker's doom target, immobilize target on hit
Strenght of Conviction: Gain 10 + StrMod (7) THP when I reduce
	lawbreaker's doom target to 0 hp
Angelic Nature:

Feats
Two-Handed Weapon Expertise: +3 to damage on charge attacks
Heavy Blade Mastery: Crit with heavy blade weapon on 19-20
Bitter Challenge: Divine Challenge damage slows target UEONT
Mighty Challenge: Divine Challenge adds +Str mod radiant damage
Weakening Challenge: Weaken target for the attack when it takes damage
	from divine challenge or divine sanction
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Superior Will: Make saving throw to end stunned or dazed at start of turn
	even if not (save ends) effect
Honored Foe: Gain Wis mod THP when enemy marked by divine challenge or
	divine sanction damages me
Resurgent Attack: Gain +2 to next attack before EONT after I spend
	healing surge
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist Wis (4) all USONT when spending healing 	surge

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 7, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

All Allies: Using Cloak of Courage en route to our destination, starting us all with Surge Value THP. THP lasts until hit/rest!

Bathing her allies in the well wishing of every good and moral deity, Gladys can scarcely stand this leg of their journey. Hell itself is evil down to every drop of stolen blood, people who might otherwise be good led to damnation. Even the most adamant and zealous of devils will not hesitate to lead another to stringing their own metaphysical noose. And to encounter their worse counterparts, the abyssal spawn... these could only be beings of pure malevolence, lacking even the vestigial aspects of cosmic order. Gladys has led the group in prayer to Sune to embolden them in these dark times and approaches the intimidating monsters with head held high and hands at the side, palms out in a gesture of serene peace.

Initiative 29
Move forward to R16.

pre:
Saint Gladys of Sune  						 
HP: 128/128 THP: 32	AC:	38	Passive Insight: 34
Surges: 10/10 (V: 32)	For:	33	Passive Perception: 27
Initiative: +20		Ref:	32	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	39      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Giant, Draconic, Goblin	

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Astral Seal             [ ] Second Wind            [ ] Word of Comfort
Sacred Flame            [ ] Hymn of Resurgence     [ ] Dismissal
Change Armor            [ ] Remorse                [ ] Stream of Life
                        [ ] Sever the Source       [ ] Radiant Armor
                        [ ] Prophecy of Doom       [ ] Brilliant Censure
                        [ ] [ ] [ ] Healing Word   [ ] Good Omens
                        [ ] Healer's Mercy(Ch)     [ ] Moment of Peace
                        OR                         [ ] Hammer of Fate [ ]
                        [ ] Favor of the Gods(Ch)  [ ] Diabolic Soul [ ] Wrath
                        [ ] Shining Symbol         [ ] Sustenance(I)
                        [ ] Cloak of Courage       [ ] Gloves of Healing(I)
                        [ ] Divine Favor(I)        [ ] Calling(I)
                                                   [ ] Flight(I)
                                                   [ ] Sovereign(I)
                                                   [ ] Timeless(I)
                                                   [ ] Guardian(I)
                                                   [ ] Respite(I)

Healing Word: Surge + 8d6 + 1d6(1) + 9
Healing Surges: +5 Healer's Implement, +3d6+4 Pacifist Healer, +1d6 Healer's Gloves(One Target)
Target Gains: +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT
Last Legion Officer: When Ally Heals off spent Surge, Shift 1 or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT

Implement: +25, +27(Astral Seal), +1 vs Bloodied, Crits +5d6
Melee: +21, 2d4+7     Ranged: +15

Passives:
Resists: Fire 15, Necrotic 21
Foresight: Allies within 5 cannot be surprised. Rolls Initiative twice.
Prophetic Action: Action Point grants a Move Action for a different round.
Terrifying Insight: Roll twice against Will. If both miss, Daze self UEOMNT.
Ordained: Adjacent Allies get +1 to Saves.
Saintly Grace: Cannot be Dominated. Dominates only Daze.
Pacifist: If damaging a Bloodied enemy, Stun self UEOMNT.
Superior Will: Save at start of turn to undo Stun/Daze.
Focused Mind: +4 to Saves against Stun/Daze.
Eye of Judgement: Roll twice on Insight.
Saving Grace: On Save Success, forgo the Save to let an Ally within 5 Save at +7.
Supreme Healing: Healing Word targets two.
H. Symbol Expertise: After using Implement Attack, cannot grant CA USOMNT.
Ring of Flight: No Fall Damage, always land on feet.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

Feeling especially vindicated by her early decision to keep her bow out, Arka breaks for her left, drawing an arrow for the Glabrezu's thick hide. A few paces from where she began, she plants her feet in a wide stance, calling to her allies, "I suggest we focus on the fat one first."

Initiative 42
Move to R11

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

The demons snarl and hiss, most of them seeming to not even understand the threats uttered at them in Common. The Glabrezu, however, looks back at Merritt and calmly replies in Common, "Your 'lord' has failed, for we are already here in the very hells he calls his own, and more of us wait to pour through the portal here. When you die, you can tell Asmodeus himself that he is no match for us, you pathetic, groveling cultists."

---

Enemies:
Glabrezu: [D16] HP:512 AC/F/R/W: 37/39/35/35
Hezrou A: [L8] HP: 254 AC/F/R/W: 34/36/33/33
Hezrou B: [D24] HP: 254 AC/F/R/W: 34/36/33/33
Goristro A: [F9] HP: 236 AC/F/R/W: 33/35/32/32
Goristro A: [J23] HP: 236 AC/F/R/W: 33/35/32/32

Player statuses:

---

PCs won initiative, all of you are up!

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

"I'll distract the smaller ones." Silenna says. A dash of color against the rocky ground shows Arthion moving up, while the elven woman disappears from sight, only to be replaced by a giant snake that has already flanked the Hezrou on the other side. They strike at once, latching their powerful jaws onto the bulky demon, making sure he's not going anywhere fast.

Free: Wild Shape. Silenna becomes a large beast, gets +2 to damage and speed, and shifts to Q6. Boots of the Fencing Master triggers for +1 to AC/Ref UEOMNT.
Move: Arthion moves to K14. Silenna moves to T4-U5.
Standard: Arthion charges to K10 and attacks the Hezrou at 1d20+26=47. Hit for 1d8+10=11 damage. Hezrou A grants CA to me UEOMNT.
Silenna charges to O5-P6 and attacks the Hezrou with Grasping Claws at 1d20+31=47. Hit for 2d8+4d6+1d10+21=52 damage. Hezrou A is slowed UEOMNT. Silenna gets +3 AC UEOMNT.

pre:
Silenna   						 

[ ] Feywild Sojourn            
                        [ ] Infiltrating Drone         
                        [ ] Predator's Flurry
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Serpent's Dash
                        [ ] Sudden Bite

Item Powers

Conditionals
Enraged Boar Form: When in beast form, +1 to attack and +2 to damage rolls on charge.
While you are in Large beast form, you get a +2 bonus to damage rolls and speed. 
Pouncing Form: When using wild shape to change into beast form, you can shift 6 squares.
Primal Resurgence: Once per day, when you become bloodied, you may regain use of a used primal daily power.
Ruthless Killer: When hitting target with grasping claws, can choose to immobilize.
Staff Expertise: Ranged and Area attacks do not provoke OA. Melee attacks have +1 reach.
pre:

Wahad fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 7, 2017

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

"A mighty blow, Warden!" Marcus calls. "Let me create another opening for you. Back!" The final shout is imbued with arcane (and diaphragm) power, staggering the Hezrou backwards and letting Silenna make another attempt to slip past its guard.

Move action: Go to L-13.

Minor action: Circlet of Mental Onslaught- +1 to attack and damage rolls with Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma based attacks until end of encounter

Standard action: Staggering Note on Hezrou A. Staggering Note attack vs Will: 1d20+25 41
The target takes 8 Thunder damage is pushed 3 squares, from L-8/M-9 to I-5/J-6

As a free action, Silenna can make a melee basic attack against Hezrou A.

pre:
Marcus   						 
HP: 132/132 (33 temp)	AC:   36 	Passive Insight: 42

Vicious Mockery         [ ] Use Vulnerability           [ ] Verse of Triumph
                        [ ] Earthquake Strike           [ ] Despana's Strategem
                        [ ] Battle Chant
                        [ ] Lessons of History
                        [ ] Haste
MBA: Lilting Songblade +4, +27 28 attack, 2d8+7 8 damage
Item Powers
[x] Circlet of Mental Onslaught (Daily)

Conditionals
Virtue of Valor: Once per round when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or drops an enemy to 0 HP,  Marcus can 
Agile Opportunist: When Marcus is subjected to forced movement into a square adjacent to an enemy, he can 
Opportunistic Withdrawal: Moving doesn't provoke an OA from enemies Marcus has CA against.
Resourceful Leader: When an ally Marcus can see spends an action point, their extra action gains +7 damage on a 
Inspire by Example: When Marcus spends an action point, allies within 5 squares gain +5 to attack and 
Adamantine Hide Gloves: When Marcus spends an action point, his melee attacks deal 5 extra thunder 
Vortex Shield: Immediate interrupt when targeted with a burst or blast attack. The enemy takes 
Dwarven Greaves: Immediate interrupt when hit by a power that has a push, pull, or slide effect. Marcus 
Potion Bandolier: Marcus can hold 6 potions, and retrieving them from the belt is a free action.
Battle Song Expertise: Marcus adds +1 to the number of squares he can push, pull, and slide creatures.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 7, 2017

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

Silenna doesn't hesitate, lunging at the Hezrou as it stumbles backwards.

Free: Grasping Claws at 1d20+29=38. Hit for 2d8+3d6+1d10+19=40.

pre:
Silenna   						 

[ ] Feywild Sojourn            
                        [ ] Infiltrating Drone         
                        [ ] Predator's Flurry
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Serpent's Dash
                        [ ] Sudden Bite

Item Powers

Conditionals
pre:

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Infuriated by the accusation of being a cultist, Merritt decides to make a statement otherwise. As his wings unfurl, his body radiates a golden aura - appearing as though his very soul burned inside of his body. He flies towards the beast as fast as his wings will carry him and buries his blade deep into the beast's chest, unleashing a primal battle cry as he does so. Merritt violently yanks the blade from the beast and stands before him, ready to receive a counterattack. He wipes a spray of blood from his face and locks eyes with the demon before him.

To further instill his point, he replies in Supernal Through my blade, my lord Torm shall rain down his righteous fury upon you.

Minor: manifest wings
Move: to K15
Standard: Charge to G16: Ardent Strike vs AC: 1d20+28+1 48 Crit! 2d12+16 23 30 + Crit damage: 3d12+5d6 32
Glabrezu is subject to divine sanction UEOMNT

pre:
Merritt Carlisle   						 
HP: 151/151 (THP: 42)		AC:  38		Passive Insight: 33

Resists/Immunities
Immune to fear

Basic Attacks

Powers

At-Will

Encounter
[ ] Lawbreaker's Doom		[ ] Dispensed Justice		[ ] Castigating Strike
[ ] Mark of Terror		[ ] Strength from Valor		[ ] Battle Awareness

Daily

Item Powers

Reactions
	me
	me
	the attacker
	and use either result

Angelic Nature:

Feats
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Superior Will: Make saving throw to end stunned or dazed at start of turn
	even if not (save ends) effect
Honored Foe: Gain Wis mod THP when enemy marked by divine challenge or
	divine sanction damages me
Resurgent Attack: Gain +2 to next attack before EONT after I spend
	healing surge
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist Wis (4) all USONT when spending healing 	surge

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Seeing her allies with the enemies to the west in hand, and Merritt engaged in divine retribution against the Glabrezu, Iada turns towards the Goristro to the east. She nods at him, draws a line in the ashen soil immediately in front of her, and begins an old incantation that seems to twist air around the Goristro before her sword lights up and blasts it with a monochrome fire.

Minor action: Divine Challenge Goristro B
Move Action: Warlock's Curse Goristro B
Standard Action: Attacking Goristro B [J23] with Hellish Rebuke: 1d20+26 35
Hellish Rebuke Damage vs. Goristro B: 2d6+3d8+17 33 fire damage that ignores resistances and immunities.

Goristro B is cursed and marked. If he makes an attack that doesn't include Iada BEOMNT, that attack is weakened, and he takes 15 radiant and 13 fire damage. If Iada takes damage BEOMNT, he takes 2d6+13 fire damage.

pre:

HP: 139/139 (+34 temp)	AC:	39	Passive Insight: 21

Ardent Strike		[ ] Valorous Smite     		[ ] Knight's Defiance
			[ ] Call of Challenge			
			[ ] Fey Switch			
			[ ] Avernian Challenge			
			[ ] Wrathful Warrior		
			[ ] Second Wind			

Item Powers
[ ] Ring of Personal Gravity (Daily)

MBA: +29 (+1 opportunity, +1 vs. bloodied) Eldritch Strike, 2d8+22 damage (+3d8 vs. cursed), slide target one square, target is slowed until the start of Iada's next 
turn; swap away from fire as a free action if it's obviously disadvantageous (-1 to-hit, -5 damage)

Passives:
Hero's Poise: When Iada succeeds on a save to end an effect, allies within 5 squares gain +8 to their next save until the start of her next turn
Fiery Blood: Whenever Iada takes fire damage from an attack, each adjacent enemy takes 10 fire damage
Hindering Shield:  Whenever Iada pushes, pulls, or slides an enemy, they are slowed until the start of her next turn.
Twofold Pact (Infernal): When an enemy Iada has cursed drops to 0 HP, she gains 21 temp HP
Paladin's Truth: When Iada attacks a creature she has marked, she ignores its resistances and immunities
Weakening Challenge: Whenever a target takes damage from Iada's Divine Challenge/Sanction, they are also weakened on the triggering attack
Haunted Blade 5: When Iada makes an Intimidate check, she rolls twice and uses the best result
Avernian Action: When Iada spends an action point, her attack powers deal 13 extra fire damage until the end of her next turn
Melee Implement: Iada does not provoke attacks of opportunity when using ranged arcane powers
Hellish Mark: Marked enemies take 13 damage when making an attack that doesn't include Iada as a target
Flaming Weapon: Untyped weapon & implement damage dealt by Iada changes to fire damage (can be deactivated with a free action)
Silt Striders: Iada can move across non-solid horizontal surfaces (such as water or silt) as though they were solid ground, and ignore difficult terrain resulting from dirt, sand or silt
Ring of Personal Gravity:  When an effect forces Iada to move through a push, pull, or slide, she moves 1 square less than the effect specifies

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 9, 2017

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

Arka knocks another arrow with the first, taking sight at the two demons on the western flank. As Silenna's massive form rears for the opening strike, she looses both; a sharp whistling noise fills the air and then suddenly stops when they find purchase in gnarled hides. Not her best shot, but a it would have to do.

"Are we leaving the fat one for last then? Merritt don't kill it before I have a shot at it!" she calls at the back of the charging winged warrior.

Screwed up the syntax on the orokos, but fixed it for the post.

pre:
Arka

HP : 130/130 (THP: 32)  Passive Insight    :  28     Defense Sets :  AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 10/10 ( V:32 ) Passive Perception :  35     1 Base          38/35/37/35
Initiative : +28        Vision :  Darkvision         2 Range >= 5    42/39/41/39
Speed : 10 (Fly 6)                                   3 Adjacent      40/37/39/37
Action Points : [1]                                  4 OAs           42/37/39/37

At Will
Twin Strike         Nimble Strike         Hunter's Quarry
Nature's Mask

Encounter
[ ] Manticore Spikes       [ ] Pinning Strike       [ ] Pounding Barrage
[ ] Guidance of the Past   [ ] Combined Fire        [ ] Invigorating Stride
[ ] Resume the Hunt        [ ] Archer's Glory       [ ] Second Wind

Daily
[ ] Attacks on the Run     [ ] Confounding Arrows   [x] Unrestrained Aggression
[ ] Quarry's Bane          [ ] Howling Winds        [ ] Stealthy Escape

Items:
[ ] Raven Queen's Shroud (Encounter, Minor)
[ ] Raven Queen's Shroud (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Premonition Ring (Daily, No Action)
[ ] Boots of Dancing (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Ioun's Revelation (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Sehanine's Mark (Daily, Reaction)
[ ] Bracers of Archery (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Gloaming Armor (Encounter, Standard)
[ ] Unfettered Thieves' Tools (Daily, Standard)

Passives:  
Elusive      :  +2 saves vs. immob, restrain, slow, and escape
Timeless     :  Count as Fey, Shapechanger, Magical Beast, Humanoid, Shadow type
Hunter's Aim :  Ignore cover and concealment vs. Quarry targets
Willful      :  Saves vs. Daze/Stun at start of turn
Dancing      :  Do not grant CA when dazed
Archer       :  Can designate 6 Quarries, gain CA vs. Isolated, Deaf, Immob, Slow or Weakened
Work in progress...

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Casually walking to the West, Gladys keeps her gaze steady on their leader. Her hands are still at her side and her halo is resonant, her lips moving quietly as she recites prayer. Swirling minutiae of essence is drawn from the land around her, the Saint acting as a filter to reach past the evil in the soil of Hell to the countless fallen and their primordial essence, to the soul that once had some driving force in it. Reaching the end of a classic entreaty to Sune, Gladys raises one hand and points a single finger at the Glabrezu, reciting the final "Passion." in the prayer. A hundred frustrated warriors cry out in recognition and the tragedy of their abandonment crashes into the demon like a hammer, their final blows raining upon him from thin air!

With shoulders trembling and face flush, Gladys exhales and stills herself with a few breathes. "Please, settle on someone. There are many more looking to have their say."

Standard: Hammer of Fate vs Glabrezu hits for 41 Untyped Damage.
Move: Move to Q10.

pre:
Saint Gladys of Sune  						 

Change Armor            [ ] Remorse                [ ] Stream of Life
                        [ ] [ ] [ ] Healing Word   [ ] Good Omens
                        OR                         [X] Hammer of Fate [X]
                                                   [ ] Flight(I)
                                                   [ ] Sovereign(I)
                                                   [ ] Timeless(I)
                                                   [ ] Guardian(I)
                                                   [ ] Respite(I)

Healing Surges: +5 Healer's Implement, +3d6+4 Pacifist Healer, +1d6 Healer's Gloves(One Target)
Target Gains: +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT
Last Legion Officer: When Ally Heals off spent Surge, Shift 1 or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT

Passives:
Saving Grace: On Save Success, forgo the Save to let an Ally within 5 Save at +7.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 21, 2018

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

The western Hezrou snarls and yells in pain as it is pushed into the lava. Incensed, it slowly charges at Silenna, bulding up enough momentum that it brutally slams into her, dealing a large amount of damage. The toxic smell that you noticed near it becomes especially potent now that the demon is nearing death.

Lava Damage: 3d10+10 26
Free: Activate Variable Resistance (Fire): Gain Resist 20 Fire
No action: Noxious Stench strengthens to 20 poison. Triggers when an enemy makes an attack in aura 2
Move: to K5
Standard: Charge to M5: Slam vs AC (Silenna): 1d20+27 47 4d10+10 34 Critical = 50

Merritt can smell the eastern Hezrou from across the battlefield as it strides over to him, snapping its jaws around his shoulder and catching him clean around his armor.

No action: “Activate” Noxious Stench; causes 10 poison damage when an enemy makes an attack in aura 2
Move To G18
Standard: Bite vs AC (Merritt): 1d20+27 44 6d12+10 47

The western Goristro steps closer to Marcus before letting out a loud howl, charging at him remarkably fast for the relatively small amount of ground covered. it slams into him with the great horns on its head, sending him flying backwards through the air and knocking him onto his back.
Move: To F10
Standard: Charge to H12 Goring Charge vs AC (Marcus): 1d20+26+1 45 5d10+14 39 and Marcus is pushed to M14 and knocked prone

The eastern Goristro snarls as it is scorched by Iada’s fire. it rears up and charges directly at her, though she is easily able to sidestep his attack.

Standard Charge to L19 Goring Charge vs AC (Iada): 1d20+26+1 28 5d10+14 48

The Glabrezu houls as Merritt’s blade pierces his chest, angrily replying to him, “Ah, so Torm and his lackeys consort with the devils now? How very interesting… how the mighty have fallen…” it says as it snaps one of its pincers at him, though it glances off of Merritt’s armor. It crouches down, giving Merritt an opportunity to strike at it before it leaps up into the air, shooting a bolt of pure chaos at him as it floats away from Merritt, which Merritt hops away from at the last second.

Standard:Pincer Claw vs AC (Merritt): 1d20+28 37 3d12+19 44
Merritt’s OA: Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+28 46 2d12+16 24 *** If Merritt makes this attack, he takes 10 poison damage from the Hezrou’s Noxious Stench
Move: Fly to E19, 4 squares high
Minor: Abyssal Bolt: 1d20+26 30 4d8+18 33
---

Enemies:
Glabrezu: [E19+4] HP:409/512 AC/F/R/W: 37/39/35/35 [sanctioned (Merritt)]
Hezrou A: [M5] HP: 75/254 AC/F/R/W: 34/36/33/33 [bloodied, slowed]
Hezrou B: [G18] HP: 254/254 AC/F/R/W: 34/36/33/33
Goristro A: [H12] HP: 201/236 AC/F/R/W: 33/35/32/32
Goristro B: [L19] HP: 203/236 AC/F/R/W: 33/35/32/32 [marked (Iada), cursed]

Player statuses:
Marcus: Prone

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Watching the battle unfold, Iada spots her opportunity. Batting aside the Goristro's attacks, she deftly makes her way to the position she needs, the sigil of Selune on her shield rapidly growing brighter. As she comes to a stop, she shouts "Selune demands your presence, fowl creatures!" and chains of light erupt from her shield, binding the surrounding demons (as well as Iada herself), pulling the Glabrezu to the ground, and striking him fiercely with her sword.

Move Action: Move to J-18 via O-17--K-17.
Standard Action: Knight's Defiance:

Pull Glabrezu to 1 square above the ground at H-19.
Pull Hezrou B to H-17
Pull Goristro B to K-19
Pull Goristro A to K-15
Divine Sanction the four above demons.
Knight's Defiance on Glabrezu: 1d20+29 45
Knight's Defiance damage to Glabrezu: 3d8+22 33 fire damage that ignores resistances and immunities.
Iada takes 10 poison damage from the Hezrou's poison aura
Secondary Hellish Rebuke damage to Goristro A: 2d6+13 23 fire damage

Minor action: Ring of Personal Gravity - Iada and the four above demons are immobilized until she elects to turn it off.

The four above demons are immobilized, slowed USOMNT, and marked (save ends), and if any of the demons make an attack that doesn't include Iada, that attack is weakened, and they takes 20 radiant and 13 fire damage.

pre:

HP: 139/139 (+24 temp)	AC:	39	Passive Insight: 21

Ardent Strike		[ ] Valorous Smite     		[ X ] Knight's Defiance
			[ ] Call of Challenge			
			[ ] Fey Switch			
			[ ] Avernian Challenge			
			[ ] Wrathful Warrior		
			[ ] Second Wind			

Item Powers
[ X ] Ring of Personal Gravity (Daily)

Passives:

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 10, 2017

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Updating map after Iada's attack

Enemies:
Glabrezu: [H19+1] HP:376/512 AC/F/R/W: 37/39/35/35 [sanctioned (Iada)]
Hezrou A: [M5] HP: 75/254 AC/F/R/W: 34/36/33/33 [bloodied, slowed]
Hezrou B: [H17] HP: 254/254 AC/F/R/W: 34/36/33/33 [Sanctioned (Iada)]
Goristro A: [K15] HP: 201/236 AC/F/R/W: 33/35/32/32 [Sanctioned (Iada)]
Goristro B: [K19] HP: 203/236 AC/F/R/W: 33/35/32/32 [Sanctioned (Iada), cursed]

Player statuses:
Marcus: Prone

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Striding patiently through the hellscape, Gladys glares up sternly at the mass of raging demons, her halo receiving multiple streams of white-golden emotions from the dying and damned. "As a creature apostate unto the sanctity of life itself, your words ring hollow. You, who can only conceive of actions taken for immediate base wants, given to every flaring hate and every wild lust. You, who are emboldened by chaos to strike at the glory of creation! Know the true sorrow and passion of those you have slain!" Gladys' words are punctuated by quiet thunder as the air ruptures and a greater hammer of emotion crashes into the clustered demons, an after-shock of pure holy bliss rippling through their wretched cores... and to empower brave Iada! Gladys holds her hands to either side and emboldens Merritt and one other as the Champion of the Fallen, their new hope made manifest in the miracles of the Saint, and now empowering the others!

In the wake of her pronouncement, the four demons have begun to leak with holy light, the remorse of those they have wronged bleeding through them! Glabrezu, Hezrou B, Goristo A and B... they are vulnerable!

Move: To K13
Standard: Casting Remorse centered in J18, hitting Glabrezu, Hezrou B, Goristro B, Goristro A. They are Dazed UEOMNT and have Vuln 10 All Damage UEOMNT! Iada can also spend a Healing Surge(+4d6+9) if she'd like! If she does so she can Shift 1 or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT.
Minor: Healing Word on Merritt for Surge Value + 35 (Second Roll, forgot passive Class Bonus) and second target healed is Silenna for Surge Value + 40
-Those healed by HW receive +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT. You may choose to Shift 1 or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT.

pre:
Saint Gladys of Sune  						 

Change Armor            [X] Remorse                [ ] Stream of Life
                        [X] [ ] [ ] Healing Word   [ ] Good Omens
                        OR                         [X] Hammer of Fate [X]
                                                   [ ] Flight(I)
                                                   [ ] Sovereign(I)
                                                   [ ] Timeless(I)
                                                   [ ] Guardian(I)
                                                   [ ] Respite(I)

Passives:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 21, 2018

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

"That's the way!" he shouts, laughing amidst the din of combat even through the pain of being slammed into the ground as he witnesses the power of his comrades. "Cast these fiends back to the pit that spawned them!" Calling upon the deep magic imbued in countless stories of epic feats of strength, Marcus bursts up to his feet, leaps into the air, and then brings his sword crashing down on the Goristro towering above him. The blow causes the very earth to shake, just as it did when Sontondax the Puissant smote the Dragon Queen into Mount Bolin in ancient times. His allies can feel the eternal echoes of that day coursing through their arms, imbuing them with the power to bring their enemies to their knees. "Now let's see how you like being knocked down!"

Move: Stand up
Minor: Shift to N-14 to flank Goristro A with Merritt
Standard: Earthquake Strike against Goristro A AC: 1d20+29 41 Hit!
Earthquake Strike damage: 2d8+12 18 28 Untyped damage from Gladys's Vuln 10
The target is knocked prone.
In addition, until the end of our next turn, all allies within 10 squares of Marcus (N-14) gain +5 to damage rolls and can knock any target they hit prone.

I also use free/no actions to make Monster Knowledge checks against the enemies.
Glabrezu monster knowledge check: 1d20+27 42
Hezrou monster knowledge check: 1d20+27 33
Goristro monster knowledge check: 1d20+27 32
Since I beat the Hard DC for the Glabrezu, I use Use Vulnerability on it to gain +4 to defenses and +3 to damage rolls relating to it until the end of our next turn.

pre:
Marcus   						 
HP: 126/132 (00 temp)	AC:   36 	Passive Insight: 42

Vicious Mockery         [x] Use Vulnerability           [ ] Verse of Triumph
                        [x] Earthquake Strike           [ ] Despana's Strategem
                        [ ] Battle Chant
                        [ ] Lessons of History
                        [ ] Haste
MBA: Lilting Songblade +4, +27 28 attack, 2d8+7 8 damage
Item Powers
[x] Circlet of Mental Onslaught (Daily)

Conditionals

Orbs fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 10, 2017

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

Seeing Iada fight again, to say nothing of her other allies' prowess, brings a warmth into Arka's heart. When Selune's majesty binds the creatures to the spot, she uses the opening to dash forward through the fray. The light from Gladys's prayer draws her keen eyes. Spinning too quickly, and without time for a proper aim she looses an arrow for the Hezrou next to Merritt and Iada, striking it in the belly. Getting sloppy, Arka, she chides herself, noticing the arrow missed tender demon vitals. Resolving to remedy the failing, she takes a firmer stance and tries again. In rapid succession two arrows find their mark, goring open a deeper rift in the monsters belly. Seizing the moment, she readies another two and lets them fly. One nearly misses its mark, but a gentle shove from Merritt sends the creature into its path at the last possible moment. Riddled with her ammunition, the beast falls.

She smiles broadly, "Already? Selune preserve, but I expected better."

• Reaction (Ally uses ranged/area attack): Combined Fire vs AC (Hezrou B): 1d20+30 37 3d12+25 48 63 damage. (10 from vuln, 5 from Marcus)
  • Move: to F12
  • Minor: Hunter's Quarry - Hezrou B (3/6)
  • Standard: Spikes of the Manticore vs AC (Hezrou B): 2#1d20+31 38 44 - both hit - 2d12+25 38 1d12+25 36 104 damage (20 from vuln, 10 from Marcus, 2 attacks)
  • Quarry + Sneak Attack: Quarry + Sneak Attack (Hezrou B): 8d6 23 damage
  • AP: Twin Strike vs AC (Hezrou B): 2#1d20+31 35 37 - both hit - 4d12+38 60 90 damage (20 from vuln, 10 from Marcus, 2 attacks)
  • Battlefield Archer: +5 AC vs. OAs until EOE (my AP perk)
  • Free: Archer's Glory - drop an enemy, gain 1 AP to be used before EOMNT
  • Quarries: Hezrou A, Hezrou B (x), Goristro A

pre:
Arka

HP : 130/130 (THP: 32)  Passive Insight    :  28     Defense Sets :  AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 10/10 ( V:32 ) Passive Perception :  35     1 Base          38/35/37/35
Initiative : +28        Vision :  Darkvision         2 Range >= 5    42/39/41/39
Speed : 10 (Fly 6)                                   3 Adjacent      40/37/39/37
Action Points : [0]                                  4 OAs           42/37/39/37

At Will
Twin Strike         Nimble Strike         Hunter's Quarry
Nature's Mask

Encounter
[x] Manticore Spikes       [ ] Pinning Strike       [ ] Pounding Barrage
[ ] Guidance of the Past   [x] Combined Fire        [ ] Invigorating Stride
[ ] Resume the Hunt        [x] Archer's Glory       [ ] Second Wind
[x] Sneak Attack

Daily
[ ] Attacks on the Run     [ ] Confounding Arrows   [x] Unrestrained Aggression
[ ] Quarry's Bane          [ ] Howling Winds        [ ] Stealthy Escape

Items:
[ ] Raven Queen's Shroud (Encounter, Minor)
[ ] Raven Queen's Shroud (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Premonition Ring (Daily, No Action)
[ ] Boots of Dancing (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Ioun's Revelation (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Sehanine's Mark (Daily, Reaction)
[ ] Bracers of Archery (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Gloaming Armor (Encounter, Standard)
[ ] Unfettered Thieves' Tools (Daily, Standard)

Passives:  
Elusive      :  +2 saves vs. immob, restrain, slow, and escape
Timeless     :  Count as Fey, Shapechanger, Magical Beast, Humanoid, Shadow type
Hunter's Aim :  Ignore cover and concealment vs. Quarry targets
Willful      :  Saves vs. Daze/Stun at start of turn
Dancing      :  Do not grant CA when dazed
Archer       :  Can designate 6 Quarries, gain CA vs. Isolated, Deaf, Immob, Slow or Weakened
Work in progress...

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

The giant snake shrugs off the powerful demon's blow like it was a stern gust of wind, then retaliates. A blur of fangs and snakeskin leaves the Hezrou's body mangled as it slowly topples backwards, the Warden's bestial form streaked with demon blood. Seizing the opportunity granted by his master's allies, Arthion rushes forward and bites into one of the Goristro's ankles, while Silenna circles around the frozen pack and raises up behind Merritt. The paladin's shining form is starkly contrasted against the black-and-gold snake as a massive hood flares out from the sides of her head, making her already imposing form seem even larger.

Silenna uses her cobra form to spit a gob of poison as large as a person into the fray, splattering off the top of Iada's shield to leave her unharmed, while the other creatures' limbs burn with the magical toxin. If the combined might of her allies wasn't enough to deter the evil creatures from attacking, they would find the poison sapping their strength and attacking their bodies from within.

Standard: Savage Rend vs Hezrou A at 1d20+29=49. CRIT for 64+5d8=89 thanks to Marcus, 31 of which is poison. Hezrou A dies.
Arthion charges to K14 vs Goristro A at 1d20+28=33. Hit for 1d8+10=32 damage thanks to vulnerability and Marcus. Goristro A can't gain CA while adjacent to Arthion.
Move; Silenna moves to E14-F16.
Free: Assassin's Shroud on Glabrezu.

ACTION POINT!

Standard: Fazing Fangs vs Goristro A, Goristro B, Hezrou A, Glabrezu at 4#1d20+31=50, 38, 48, 43. Hit all for 3d8+12=31 poison damage thanks to vulnerability and Marcus. They are all dazed (save ends) and prone if they weren't already thanks to Earthquake strike. They take 10 ongoing poison (save ends). Any time they make an attack while subject to my daze, they take 10 poison damage. All my poison damage ignores resistances and immunities.

pre:
Silenna   						 
HP: 120/125 (0)	        AC:   33 	Passive Insight: 33
Initiative: +16		Ref:  34 	Action Points: 1

Chill Wind		[ ] Claws of Retribution       [X] Fazing Fangs
                        [ ] Feywild Sojourn            
                        [ ] Infiltrating Drone         
                        [ ] Predator's Flurry
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Serpent's Dash
                        [ ] Sudden Bite

Item Powers

Conditionals
pre:
HP: 52/62	        AC:   34

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Shrugging off the attacks from the demons (with help from Gladys) Merritt splits off from Silenna, taking off again in flight after barely touching the ground. "Taunt me as you will, beast, but you will know true justice! Fear Torm, for through me he is ever seeing and hearing!" To punctuate his point, he swings his blade and buries it in the Glabrezu's side. As he connects with the creatures body, he invokes the fury of Torm himself stunning him and sending him crashing to the ground.

Free:Shift to F16
Move: fly to H22
Minor: Divine Challenge vs Glabrezu
Free: Lawbreaker's Doom (Glabrezu takes +4 damage and is slowed on hit UEOMNT)
Standard: Mark of Terror vs AC: 1d20+28+2+2 46 1d12+16 27 +4 +10 = 41
Target is stunned UEOMNT

pre:
Merritt Carlisle   						 
HP: 151/151 (THP:)		AC:  38		Passive Insight: 33

Resists/Immunities
Immune to fear

Basic Attacks

Powers

At-Will

Encounter
[x] Lawbreaker's Doom		[ ] Dispensed Justice		[ ] Castigating Strike
[x] Mark of Terror		[ ] Strength from Valor		[ ] Battle Awareness

Daily

Item Powers

Reactions
	me
	me
	the attacker
	and use either result

Angelic Nature:

Feats