Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Merritt is broken from his brooding thoughts by Gladys, a small smile crossing his face and a chuckle escaping his mouth. "I suppose I'm rather predictable, aren't I? While my lord, and I, would delight in the downfall of either Cyric or Bane...I will admit that I would hate to pass up an opportunity to settle my business with Bane sooner rather than later. I am sure that he would enjoy an opportunity to strike me down.The admiral is correct that even as we speak, they are rehearsing their plans." He crosses his arms and the smile he previously wore fades.

"Knowing quite intimately how his followers work, I am certain they are beginning to enact plans that have been arranged for...who knows how long? This was certainly no surprise to them, that much is sure. They scheme and embed themselves wherever they can. The siege at Baldur's Gate didn't happen overnight - it was permitted to happen, little by little, until one day all their schemes came together. Surely, in this moment of what appears to be a potential victory for them, they have only become more active. Have there been many assassinations? People being mysteriously killed for sacrifices? They may have temporarily paused their attacks on followers of Cyric, although I cannot say I would have difficulty sleeping at night if this were still occurring."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

"While I am loathe to leave the schemers alone to lay their plans, the threat of Bane and his army upon Toril is not without some urgency. The Admiral speaks truly; we will have few opportunities to choose our own battlefields in this task, but this may be one. And every day we give them unanswered will mean death or worse for the people unlucky enough to end up in their path," Arka puts a spoonful of porridge into her mouth as if to signal she has nothing further to add.

Klingon w Bowl Cut
Apr 1, 2009

Q'pla!

Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF
Arch-Bard Marcus's Orokos sheet

Marcus accepts Gladys's pinch gladly, but when she asks about Cyric, his smile fades slightly. "I prefer not to tell tales of people who would follow Cyric, unless they're about them being righteously defeated. His origin as a mortal thief intrigued me for a time, but there are plenty of tales about thieves who do not go on to propagate murder and strife throughout the world. To the blackest abyss with Cyric and everyone who follows him."

Marcus takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for a moment. When he opens them again and exhales, most of the darkness in his look is gone. "But I know he will get his just punishment... by my own hand, if need be. At the same time, I can't help but feel that you arrived when you did for a reason, Admiral. I say we follow her advice and take the fight to Bane's army first. My revenge for all the poor bards of the world can wait."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Silenna

"I agree. Bane should be our next target, before his armies start razing Faerun stone by stone. We should march as soon as you are ready." It is all Silenna will say on the subject. She has no need for the food being served, but she joins the party for tea, at least. The druid seems almost kind in contrast with her usual attitude, her eyes calm and her general intense scowl nowhere to be seen. In truth, she was relishing the rest as much as the others, before they'd have to go out there on their quest again. Moments of relaxation would be few and far between in the coming weeks.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!

Elminster walks up to the group, his staff ticking off the ground with every other step. "Ah, so you have decided to approach Bane next? That sounds as wise a choice as any. Like Asmodeus' Hells, you will find Banehold blocked to ordinary travel without a focus. You will need a holy symbol from one of Bane's highest clerics, which you should be able to find in his high temple, the House of the Black Lord in the city of Mulmaster on the Moonsea. Be cautious though, for the city is teeming with crime, and Bane's clawed fingers reach into the Blade Council, the city's governing body. With the new items from Sune and I, I feel you will have good odds against Bane when you come to face him."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Silenna

"Petty criminals should be the least of our worries," Silenna remarks drily. "But very well. I suppose we must travel by horse again?" The last sentence comes out with extreme distaste, and her expression soured. She had not forgotten the first ride, even after all the tribulations of the Hells; and she certainly wasn't looking forward to doing it again.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Saint Gladys - PDF - Reference

Accepting her new belt with grace, Gladys shares a prayer with her Goddess before donning it. As Elminster joins them he finds himself most promptly offered a plate of breakfast. "You've done so much for us, please. You have to keep your strength up, even when things are tense." Once satisfied, Gladys departs the table briefly.

Returning in her new blessed armor, Gladys wears a radiant red-white heavy scale chest-piece that transitions to an elegant chain-link and filigree dress at the waist, flowing down to the ground yet always gliding an immaculate inch above it. The design is modest and covers her fully to the top of her neck with stylistic gaps at the shoulders before the armor continues at the upper arm. She grins to Silenna. "This time we shall fly instead of gallop." She draws a simple beige-white tome from her pack, the cover embedded with red prayer beads. "If we're ready to go?"

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Sevit Axalethris, Duchess of Kethendi, Admiral of the Adamant Fleet, Breaker of Ulash-Nar
(PDF) (Orokos)

"You didn't...travel across the world on horses, did you?" Sevit looks amused. "That must have taken some endurance. I, on the other hand," Sevit pauses to produce a small glass cube from her pocket, "never go anywhere without my ship." Suspended in the cube is a tiny astral schooner with a draconic angel figurehead set in adamantine, what one might initially assume to be a model. "I promise she's bigger than she looks. Built by the Adamant Fleet, infused with speed by Akadi's elemental air, and thanks to a clever bit of modron ingenuity she never has to leave my side. Fly we shall, but in comfort and style if I have anything to say about it."

Klingon w Bowl Cut
Apr 1, 2009

Q'pla!

Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

"Ah, the Moonsea," he says as he marvels at the fine craftsmanship of his new belt. "I remember it being a bit chilly, but it has some beautiful mountain ranges. I knew a king in that area once, helped him achieve a lot of great things. I wouldn't be surprised if the slave trade is back up and running full-swing though, considering it's been decades since I was there to harry it. But surely the common people will hail the return of their Champion, even if Bane had too much of an influence in Mulmaster for me to help them much."

When Sevit reveals her ship, Marcus manages not to laugh. He is far too experienced to discount something merely for its size, after all. "Does it expand, or do we shrink down?" he half-jokes. "To be honest, I am perfectly fine with either. What is this fine vessel's name? I never board anything without at least knowing its name." He smirks.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

Trying on her new cloak, Arka marvels at the simple grace Sune's work. Maybe use will give the correct patina instead of this interminable shine. "I have not spent a lot of time that far East in this age, but what I have heard does not hearten me. I will not be upset if we have to break a good many eggs in our task," a quick glance to Silenna, "as I'm sure we will."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Sevit Axalethris, Duchess of Kethendi, Admiral of the Adamant Fleet, Breaker of Ulash-Nar
(PDF) (Orokos)

"She's called the Auspice. If we shrank down to fit her at that size..." Sevit laughs. "Maybe we could defeat Bane from the inside out. I bet somewhere, in some corner of the planes, there's some mad wizard who's dedicated their life to just that. Fortunately for our travel time, though, we'll be staying the same size. We'll have to leave the shrinking plan for another day."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Piling aboard the Auspice, you set out for the Moonsea region. You chart a course almost directly east and pass over the gorgeous High Forest, the cavernous Deep Maw, over the Boarder Forest and over the ruined fortress known as the Ruins of the Raven in the Dragonspire Moutnains, and finally along the River Tesh and over the Ruins of Zhentil Keep, the former home of the Zhentarim, on the western edge of the Moonsea.

After floating over the Moonsea itself, you land just outside of Mulmaster, a city in the rocky Earthspur Mountains that smells of corruption (figuratively) and of dead fish and smelted iron (literally). The city is bustling with business from both its fisheries and its foundries, and with crime from thieves and assassins. The Council of Blades, the governing body, is extremely corrupt, with criminal syndicates and even the clergy of Bane possessing large voting blocks. The harbor district surrounding the inlet from the Moonsea houses all manner of fisheries, with foundries operating near the the water as well. As you move up the great, steep hill to the east, you move into the residential districts, where the House of the Black Lord, the high temple for Bane in Faerûn, is perched at the peak of the hill, towering above everything else in the city (the blue building farthest to the east on the map), as though it were Bane himself imposing his will on the land below.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Silenna

Silenna practically lounges on the trip over. The Auspice makes for an extremely comfortable trip in comparison to the horses to Neverwinter, and she is grateful for it. When they arrive, however, the chill of the clime sets her expression back to its usual dourness. Walking through the city, she keeps a watchful eye for any criminal thinking themselves enterprising enough to attempt to rob them; but the power radiating from the group should be enough to deter any such shenanigans. "What know you of the city, Marcus? Or more specifically, that house. Can we stroll in and take what we need given our collective power?"

Klingon w Bowl Cut
Apr 1, 2009

Q'pla!

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

Marcus hoots and hollers at the bow of the airship the whole way, holding Gladys and anyone else who wants a turn up there as well so they can feel the wind whip by them like they are kings/queens of the world.

His mood dampens quickly when they reach Mulmaster, however.

"In short, it's a hellhole," he replies to Silenna. "And yes, I am fully aware of what it means to say that after having been through all Nine Hells. I would be thrilled to simply walk up to the House of the Black Lord, but the city's council will likely try to undermine us the whole way. Granted, we probably could do it anyway, but I'd rather not have to deal with assassins the whole way in and the whole way out. I have some contacts here, if I can get word to them we might be able to get the common people to spirit us through. There must still be some here who resent the rule of Bane."

Rolling Streetwise to either find a relatively safe path to Bane's temple, or contact people who can get us there with minimal fuss.
Streetwise in Mulmaster: 1d20+31 33

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Marcus is able to get in contact with an old friend, Sylvian, an male elf that he had worked with while he was clearing out the Moonsea the first time. You walk into his inn, the Iron Ingot, where he does nothing but smile and silently wave you on into the basement, which is full of alcohol and food and smells of meat. As soon as the door is shut, the short elf of about 100 years greets Marcus with a great hug. "Marcus! My good friend! How have you been? What brings you back to the Moonsea? I'm sure you can tell it is not as you left it..."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

While Merritt wishes he could enjoy travel on the Auspice, he finds himself pacing and tense like a caged animal. He finds himself anxious to finish his business with Bane. After losing track of time pacing, he settles along the port side of the ship and watches Marcus enjoy himself at the bow. For a moment, it cracks his tension and brings a smile to his face.

Upon arriving in Mulmaster, the hairs on the back of his neck stand up and his muscles tense. "I swear I can feel Bane's foul presence without even stepping foot off this ship. His evil is such a heavy burden on this land. I pray we may swiftly lift it." Not one to turn down a good opening, he hangs back and listens to the discussion between Marcus and Sylvan.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

"It's a wonderful vessel, Admiral." Gladys finds traveling by air to be a thrilling reminder of the wonders that can be found in each day even as she grows old. She also makes sure that her ring is granting her a bit of levitation before Marcus holds her and her heavy armor aloft, arms out to either side for the sensation of "flying" at the bow!

---

Arriving in Mulmaster prompts Gladys to dim her halo, but changing the appearance of her armor is no longer an option. She sticks close to the others. "Perhaps this is a reminder to avoid growing prideful in our labors, that when the tablets are restored we should bring light to these dark places."

Klingon w Bowl Cut
Apr 1, 2009

Q'pla!

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

"Sylvian!" Marcus not only returns the hug, he does a quick lift and spin too. "It's great to see you again. You're looking well. As for me, I am wonderful! A little dismayed to see this city in its current state, true, but I know that is no one's fault but Bane's. I've been getting some amazing material for my next epic by working alongside legends known throughout Faerun." He leans in conspiratorially, as if doing a stage whisper in a play. "Now, I don't want to advertise too much, since we're on a mission here, but one of them rhymes with carrott... farlisle. Yes, indeed. Now, I'll be blunt--the Temple of Bane here has something we need. We could just smash our way in and grab it, of course, but that will attract a lot of attention, and more importantly, it would be inelegant. I was hoping you or someone you know could get us in, or near enough that we can get ourselves in."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

The elf smiles back at Marcus. "Well, if you've got that someone whose name rhymes with that... well, you're probably not walking in through the front door with that guy," he says, laughing. "There is a way to get you behind the temple, and in perfect position to infiltrate! The only problem is it's... not the most desirable route in the world. No, you would be going through the sewers of Mulmaster, something I too would be loathe to do. There is a sewer exit right behind the living quarters for the priests, inside the walls of the compound and but across the courtyard to the temple itself. I know not what you are looking for, but I wish you great luck in getting it, as the Banites have been strutting around like they own all of Toril, talking about how there's gonna be a reckoning and all of this and that. Bunch of poo poo if you ask me, but let me know how it goes if you make it out alive, alright?"

With that, Sylvian begins leading you out into the alleyway behind the building, to the nearest sewer entrance. "Just keep going uphill and you'll find it without a problem!" he says, helpfully.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

"Indeed, I am...sir farlisle." Merritt briefly interjects to state "personally, I would have no quarrel entering the front door and delivering each follower, and their high priest, a well-earned execution by my blade. While my companions have proved themselves noble combatants, I supposed I can appreciate a subtle approach. Less time battling, more time for them to face their reckoning." Merritt, almost cheerily, makes his way towards the sewer and nods towards it. "Shall we? Unless we'd prefer another route..."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Silenna

"Aye. Let us go." Silenna is in her serpentine form before they are out the door, though she keeps to a smaller size than usual, for ease of travel around the sewer tunnels. Arthion joins her, though between the splendor of their companions, they are hardly noticed at all.

<"This'll wreak havoc on the lustre of my scales,"> the cobra complains in his usual sardonic matter, <"why do walkers always collect their excrement in such a foul manner anyway? 'this a strange thing.">

<"Be quiet, you,"> she responds, <"I'm sure Gladys will be happy to polish you once we're free and clear.">

<"Oooh, you think she would?">

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

Arka spends much of her time aboard the Auspice watching the world roll by below, not unlike when she flies herself. Toril appears so huge from up here, nearly invulnerable, but their present circumstances give lie to that.

---

Another sewer, another day. Just once it would be nice to have the way into an evil lair be a comfortable carriage ride, a park, or an orchard. "Better done than doing, at least," shouldering her bow, she steps forward into the waiting filth.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You are able to move quickly through the sewers, which are even more unpleasant than you would have imagined. The sickly smell of the city above is only amplified by the myriad of deposits in the sewers down below. (Not nearly) soon enough do you reach the end of the sewers up the hill, in what must be the exit behind the temple of Bane. You quickly pile out of the exit and find yourselves alone in a relatively small courtyard, with the temple to your right and the (surprisingly large) rectory to your left. It is dusk, and you see both the temple and the rectory lit.

Passive Religion: You realize that at this time of day there would be a service going on in the temple. Clerics of Bane typically pray at midnight, but their service for the public would tend to be earlier, around nightfall.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Silenna

Silenna telepathically reaches out to the rest of the group. <"If we wait until their midnight prayer, we may be able to lock them in their hall without any bystanders. A position of strength should give us an advantage in negotiation; a swift arrow or blade to strike down dissenters should be enough to show them our intent. Trap the herd; weed out the weak; take what we need; leave. I'll go see how many exits we are dealing with.">

She eyes up the temple itself. Making a round to see what entrances and exits there were would be easy for her, but less so for the whole group. The snake sticks to the shadows provided by the setting sun as she crawls around.

Stealth at 1d20+34=43.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

(PDF) (Orokos)

Sevit thoroughly enjoys Marcus' antics on the flight over. She's swapped enough stories with leisure ship sailors to have heard this particular first-time passenger indulgence viciously mocked, but with Marcus, it somehow manages to come across as charming.

After the party disembarks, a thought returns the ship to its pocket-sized cuboid form. Inside Mulmaster, Sevit follows Marcus' lead, trusting in his familiarity with the place. The eventual proposed plan of stealth sits well with her. The whole point of them being here is to strike at Bane when he isn't expecting it. In order for that to work, he'll have to keep not expecting it. The idea of sneaking through a sewer, though, she agrees to somewhat more begrudgingly. "The heroes in your songs don't usually do their heroic deeds while covered in poo poo. This is one of those times where you use the old 'bardic license', I hope?" There's a teasing element to her tone, but the complaining is genuine. Nonetheless, she goes along with it. Along the group's odorous odyssey, she uses her cane to probe unpleasant patches of her path before proceeding. She comes out the other end relatively untarnished as a result, but still a little bitter for having had to have done it.

To Silenna's plan, Sevit adds, "We'll want to make for the Banehold right away once we have the focus. If we keep any surviving clerics incapacitated, all the better. The less active Bane's lines of communication, the easier this'll be."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

A moment before the trip, Gladys raises a hand and averts her eyes, meekly speaking. "Would you lot hold, please? There's something important I wish to address."

Standing at the entrance to the sewers, Gladys exchanges a very serious look with Marcus before whispering to him. "... Somehow, this bothers me more than the depths of Hell... would you still have that incantation?" She gives him a sweet smile before offering what she knows(passive Religion) of Bane's ceremonies. "We have a bit of time, for surely Bane's followers will prefer the deep of night."

Assuming 70 minutes for the lot of them, Marcus' Fastidiousness Ritual would keep them rather clean! Gladys is able to tolerate the journey with such preparations and shares quiet counsel with the others. "The citizens are being led astray.. it is only right to confront the clergy."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

In addition to the main entrance at the front of the temple, Silenna also notices one other point of entry--a side entrance facing the rectory, presumably for the clergy to enter and exit. The mass ends shortly, and the townsfolk slowly leave, somberly making their way back down the hill to their dwellings. While you are waiting, a group of carrion crawlers approaches the group, though you are able to easily dispatch them after a short bout of quiet combat.

Finally, the bell tolls midnight and you see a the procession of priests and paladins of Bane march into the temple through the side entrance to begin their prayers.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Merritt seethes as the ritual begins. "This ritual is an unholy abomination. Confront is the mildest word for what we should do to them. I would personally see to it that they pay a penalty of eternal destruction, away from the glory of all that is good and righteous." He gestures broadly at the clerics and paladins, hissing "upon these wicked I shall rain snares, fire, and brimstone. I shall try, judge, and execute these wicked creatures with my own sword. They shall fear me, for the hour of their judgment has come."

As soon as the clerics and paladins enter the temple, Merritt draws his sword and reveals his wings in one smooth motion. He takes long, loping strides towards the front door and takes flight. With a swift, brutal, kick he makes his grand entrance into the temple. Upon breaking into the main hall of the temple, he lands delicately on the ground. His wings are spread, emanating a fiery golden glow. His body radiates a burning aura. He spreads his hands and begins to speak to the assembled clergy.

"Wail, wretched creatures, for the day of your judgment has arrived! Know that I have come to execute a great and terrible vengeance upon you, in the name of Torm. My sword shall grow drunk with your blood, and I shall delight in enacting justice upon this gathering. You are far from the first of your kind I have dispatched, and you shall be far from the last."

He lowers his sword and points it towards the gathering, daring them to challenge him.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Silenna

Having slipped from her serpentine form, she lets Merritt draw all the attention at the front, while she waits at the side entrance. Should any of the Banites make their way for that door, she will shift again, into her larger form this time, hissing menacingly at the priests to force them back. They won't be coming out through that way without bloodshed... and secretly, Silenna hopes they try anyway.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Merritt crashes into the temple right when the head cleric is about to begin prayers. The cleric, a female human with long, wavy blond hair, abruptly sighs and closes her prayer book, seemingly unfazed by Merritt’s threats. The paladins in full black armor at her side ready their maces as the two towards the side entrance turn towards Silenna, while the meek human acolytes standing in the pews seem startled by the sudden interruption of their ceremony. “What is the meaning of this? You think we are scared of an angel of a soon to be dead god? You are pathetic,” she states flatly as she readies her staff for combat.

Priest:

Paladins:

Acolytes:

----

Initiative (Cleric, Paladins, Acolytes): 1d20+21 36 1d20+21 25 1d20+20 39

Initiative (Silenna, Gladys, Marcus, Arka, Sevit, Merritt): 1d20+18 35 1d20+20 40 2d20k1+13 32 1d20+28 45 1d20+14 15 1d20+19 33

Both average 33; NPCs go first based on higher average initiative modifier

---

Cleric: The cleric strides towards the party. “You think you’re so brave, don’t you, Sir Carlisle? Tell me, what happens to an angel when his god lies dead? Do they lose their cute little wings?” she asks, flinging a bolt of pure magic at him, striking him in the chest.
Move: to F18
Standard: Bolt of Pain vs Reflix: 1d20+29 36 4d8+16 32

Acolyte (D11): The acolyte moves and strikes at Sevit, though she is able to avoid the blow.
Move: to E6
Standard:Ensnaring Staff vs Will (Sevit): 1d20+27 40 15 15 Hit: the target cannot take move actions UEOMNT

Acolyte (I11): Moving towards Arka, the acolyte takes a swing at her. She barely manages to connect, rooting Arka in place.
Move: to J7
Standard: Ensnaring Staff vs Will (Arka): 1d20+27 40 15 15 Hit: the target cannot take move actions UEOMNT

Acolyte (D14): The third acolyte moves towards Marcus and Merritt before striking out at Merritt. The acolyte connects with him, locking him in place.
Move: to E8
Standard: Ensnaring Staff vs Will (Merritt): 1d20+27 36 15 15 Hit: the target cannot take move actions UEOMNT

Acolyte (I14): The fourth acolyte strides at Gladys, lifting his staff straight up into the air before attempting to bring it down onto her head, though she is easily able to dodge the blow.
Move:to H8
Standard: Ensnaring Staff vs Will (Gladys): 1d20+27 37 15 15 Hit: the target cannot take move actions UEOMNT

Acolyte (D17): The acolyte moves between her leader and the majority of the party.
Move: to F16

Acolyte (I17): The final acolyte moves towards Silenna and cracks her in the neck with their staff.
Move: to N23
Standard: Ensnaring Staff vs Will (Silenna): 1d20+27 47 15 15 Hit: the target cannot take move actions UEOMNT

Paladin (Blue): The paladin brandishes his weapon, advancing towards the party as quickly as possible.
Double Move: to E10

Paladin (Fuschia): The northeastern paladin also quickly attempts to close the distance to the party.
Double Move to E13

Paladin (Red): The paladin flanks around Silenna, muttering a prayer under her breath as she strikes at her with her mace, her attack finding purchase.
Move: to P25
Minor: Divine Challenge on Silenna - Silenna is marked and will take 15 damage if violated. In addition, the attack will be weakened and she will become slowed until the end of her next turn if the mark is violated.
Standard: Mace vs AC (Silenna): 1d20+30+2 49 4d8+15 36

Paladin (Lime): Moving towards Artheon, the last paladin curses the snake before bringing his mace to bear on him. He smashes the snake atop the head, flattening him to the ground momentarily.
Move: to O22
Minor: Divine Challenge on Artheon - Artheon is marked and will take 15 damage if violated. In addition, the attack will be weakened and he will become slowed until the end of his next turn if the mark is violated.
Standard: Mace vs AC (Artheon): 1d20+30 49 4d8+15 33

---

Head Cleric: HP: 478/478 AC/F/R/W: 40/36/39/41 [Unholy Light]
Paladin (Blue): HP:224/224 AC/F/R/W: 40/38/37/39
Paladin (Fuschia): HP:224/224 AC/F/R/W: 40/38/37/39
Paladin (Lime): HP:224/224 AC/F/R/W: 40/38/37/39
Paladin (Red): HP:224/224 AC/F/R/W: 40/38/37/39
Acolytes: HP:Minion AC/F/R/W:40/37/36/35 [Shackling Aura]

Unholy Light * Aura 2 - Any bloodied ally that starts its turn in the aura regains 10 hit points. In addition, while bloodied, the Head Cleric regains 5 hit points at the start of their turn.

Shackling Aura * Aura 1 - Any enemy that starts its turn within the aura is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Original:

Current:

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2018 around 03:53

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Silenna

Suddenly cornered by the Banites, Silenna warps her flesh as she transforms and slithers around the acolyte despite his binding magic. <"Your god won't save you now!"> she screams at their minds, belching forth a swarm of much smaller snakes that creep into the paladins' armor and bite at their flesh, even completely overwhelming the acolyte. Artheon takes some damage, but after retaliating against the knight that had hit him, he simply...disappears.

Free Action: Wild Shape. Shift 6 squares to L21-M22.
Standard: Artheon attacks Paladin Lime at 1d20+29=41. Hit for 2d8+10=23. Clinging Drones vs Acolyte, Paladin Lime, Artheon, Paladin Red at 2xd20+31=44, 32 and 2x1d20+29=30,32. Invoke [url=http://orokos.com/roll/641965]Elven Accuracy vs Paladin Red at 1d20+29=45. Damage for 2d8+16(+2)=23 damage to Acolyte and Paladin Red. Acolyte dies. Paladin Red is slowed and can't shift (save ends both). Artheon and Paladin Lime both take half damage (12). Until the end of the encounter, enemies can't shift while adjacent to me.
Minor: Camouflage Cloak. Artheon becomes invisible UEOMNT or until they move.
Free: Assassin's Shroud on Paladin Red.

pre:
Silenna   						 
HP:  89/140 (0)	        AC:   37 	Passive Insight: 35
Surges: 8/8 (V: 35)	For:  34 	Passive Perception: 37
Initiative: +18		Ref:  37 	Vision: Low-light	
Action Points: 0  	Will: 40	        
Languages: Common, Elven                Speed: 9 (walk, swim)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Assassin's Shroud       [ ] Blinding Swarm            [X] Clinging Drones
Chill Wind		[X] Camouflage Cloak          [ ] Fazing Fangs
Grasping Claws         	[ ] Claws of Retribution      [ ] Jaws of Ice
Savage Rend             [ ] Constricting Coils        [ ] Primal Lion
Wild Shape              [ ] Darting Viper             [ ] Wall of the World
                        [X] Elven Accuracy            
                        [ ] Feywild Sojourn       
                        [ ] Infiltrating Drone 
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Serpent's Dash
                        [ ] Warding Wind

Item Powers
[ ][ ] Diamond Cincture (At-Will)
[ ] Gloves of the Serpent (Encounter)
[ ] Marauder's Armor (Daily)
[ ] Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor (Daily)
[ ] Staff of the Serpent (Daily)

Conditionals
Badge of the Berserker: Charges don't provoke OAs.
Danger Sense: Roll twice for initiative.
Demonskin Tattoo: When you spend an AP, gain resist 10 of your choice UEOE.
Enraged Boar Form: When in beast form, +1 to attack and +2 to damage rolls on charge.
Fey Beast Tamer: CA against enemies in your companion's aura. 
Communicate normally with your companion and other creatures of the same kind.
Magnificent Beast: Can choose to become large when wild shaping to beast form. 
While you are in Large beast form, you get a +2 bonus to damage rolls and speed. 
Marauder's Armor: On charge, you get +3 AC UEOYNT.
Pileus Helm: Telepathy 5, resist 10 necrotic, resist 10 poison, +4 to saves vs necrotic and poison. 
Pouncing Form: When using wild shape to change into beast form, you can shift 6 squares.
Primal Resurgence: Once per day, when you become bloodied, you may regain use of a used primal daily power.
Quick Wild Shape: Wild Shape as free action on your turn.
Ring of Aquatic Ability:  Breathe underwater. Upon reaching milestone, swim speed doubles.
Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor: +3 damage to close attacks.
Ruthless Killer: When hitting target with grasping claws, can choose to immobilize.
Immobilize lasts UEOYNT or until you are no longer adjacent.
Serpent Form: When in beast form, you get resist 15 poison and +5 to Stealth.
Silt Striders: +1 item bonus to speed. Ignore difficult terrain on sand/silt/dirt. 
Leave no tracks in that terrain. Move across/stand on non-solid horizontal surfaces.
Snake Fang Action: When you spend an AP to make an attack, 
each target hit by that attack takes 10 ongoing poison damage (save ends).
Sovereign's Charge: Once per encounter on a beast form charge, use encounter instead of MBA. 
On hit, target is also prone. 
Staff Expertise: Ranged and Area attacks do not provoke OA. Melee attacks have +1 reach.
Stalking Panther Form: When in beast form, +5 to Stealth and +4 to initiative.
Swift Predator: +1 speed and +1 square to shift in beast form. 
Venom Hand Master: Attacks ignore poison resistance and immunity.
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against immobilized or slowed targets.
Wild Elf Luck: +1d4 on elven accuracy reroll.
pre:
Watchful Cobra (Fey Beast Companion)
HP:  25/70	        AC:   37
Speed: 8, climb 6	Fort: 37
Initiative: 18          Ref:  39 
Perception: 29          Will: 35

MBA: Melee 1; One Creature; +29 vs AC, Hit: 2d8+10
Aura 1 Enemies in the aura can't gain CA. 

Wahad fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2018 around 09:58

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

(PDF) (Orokos)

Sevit follows right on Merritt's heels, eminently ready to throw down with the Banites. When the congregation immediately turns on them, she's ready. The power of the sun begins to radiate from her as combat breaks out, spontaneously combusting the acolyte who tried to come at her. The oppressive presence of Bane tries to close around her nonetheless - but without hesitation, she roars a word of ancient arcane power, causing radiant draconic wings to erupt from her back. The wings carry her around the edge of the battle, deftly dodging between a couple more Banites. The wings' heat immolates another acolyte and sears the paladin - a pain that only intensifies when Sevit opens her mouth, engulfing the paladin in a stream of radiant flame.

Floating next to the paladin, flapping splendorous radiant wings and with the charred remains of two acolytes in her wake, Sevit bellows, turning the entire room's attention to her. A few of the congregation - the head cleric especially - are shaken to their core by the display of draconic fury. Unwilling to stop there, Sevit taps into the demonic frenzy she's learned to harness from deep inside her - a frenzy that cascades from her so forcefully that the entire room feels it. All feel a little more on edge, a little more prone to violence - but it's Sevit who strikes first, conjuring flaming shackles around the head cleric and around the paladin next to her. She pulls through the arcane fabric. The cleric suddenly disappears, leaving a flickering tongue of flame in her wake - and reappears right between Sevit and Merritt, the flaming shackles now forming a chain between her and the paladin.

"What makes you think your master can lay a finger on Torm, priestess - when the infinity of the cosmos bears down upon him?" Sevit floats menacingly above the cleric: Radiant wings spread, scales shining with a preternatural lustre, her cane like a sceptre of judgement that threatens to crush the Banites beneath the weight of her condemnation.

Start of Turn: E6 minion next to me takes 7 fire+radiant damage (KO).

Standard Action: Radiant Wings! Fly 7 squares to D9, avoiding OAs. E8 minion takes 7 fire+radiant damage (KO), as does Blue Paladin. Attack: Range 5 (no OA) targeting Blue Paladin. 38 vs. Ref (hit); 50 fire+radiant damage.
Minor Action: Turn on Defender Aura.
Minor Action: Dragonfear. Close burst 10 targting I7 minion: 27 vs. Will (miss). H8 minion: 45 vs. Will (hit). Blue Paladin: 36 vs. Will (miss). Purple Paladin: 39 vs. Will (hit). F16 minion: 28 vs. Will (miss). Cleric: 43 vs. Will (hit). Range 10 (no OA) targeting Blue Paladin
Hit targets (H8 minion, Purple Paladin; Cleric) take -2 to attack rolls and grant CA UEoMNT. Cleric is dazed UEoMNT.
Teleport to D10 (Traveler's Tricks).
ACTION POINT!
USoMNT, I and all allies gain +3 to attack rolls, and enemies gain +3 to attack rolls against me.
I gain resist 10 fire until the end of the encounter.
Chains of Fire. Ranged 10 (no OA) targeting Blue Paladin. 44 vs. Ref (hit). Cleric: 45 vs. Ref (hit). Hit targets take 39 fire damage. Teleport cleric to E9. UEoMNT, Cleric and Blue Paladin take 1d10 fire damage the next time they're more than 3 squares apart.
Free Action: Gloves of Astral Quickness. Minor Action: Draconic Majesty. Create a zone of fear in a Close burst 3 UEoMNT that moves with me. The zone is difficult terrain for enemies, and while within the zone, any enemy takes -7 to attack rolls.

Positional Summary: E6 and E8 minions KOed, I'm at D10, Cleric is at E9.

Sevit Status:
Phase of the Sun; Champion's Countenance; Defender Aura; Resist 10 fire
UEoMNT: Demon Fury; Draconic Majesty

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 
HP: 139/139 (00 THP)	AC:   39 	Passive Insight: 23
Surges: 7/7 (V: 35)	Fort: 39 	Passive Perception: 28
Initiative: +14		Ref:  33        Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will: 43        Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common; Draconic; Primordial 
Resists: 15 cold (Sun) / psychic (Moon) / radiant (Stars)
Immune: Blinded
Saving Throws: +2

Blazing Starfall        [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Glacial Armour
Dragonfrost	        [X] Dragonfear                  [ ] Day and Night    
Defender Aura           [ ] Righteous Radiance	        [X] Radiant Wings
Sea Legs                [X] Chains of Fire              [ ] Swords of the Marilith
                        [ ] Stalking Frost              [ ] Rock Armour
                        [ ] Sun and Stars               [ ] Chaos Link
                        [ ] Demon-Soul Bolts            [ ] Platinum Scales
                        [ ] Sudden Scales               [ ] Demonic Wrath
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            
                        [ ] Quickened Spellcasting    

MBA: +30 vs. AC, 2d8+14 damage.
RBA: Dragonfrost: +29 vs. Fort; 2d8+35 cold damage. Push 1 square.
Crit: +5d10 damage; target blinded USoNT.
Item Powers
[ ] Sandals of Avandra (At-will): Shift half my speed.
[ ] Essence of the Wisp (At-will): Immediate Reaction as below.
[ ] Sandals of Avandra (Encounter): Don't provoke OAs UEoMNT.
[ ] Phylactery of Action (Encounter): Reroll saving throw vs certain effects.
[X] Gloves of Astral Quickness (Encounter): Free Action -> Minor Action if not dazed or stunned.
[ ] Gloves of Astral Quickness (Encounter): Immediate Interrupt as below.
[ ] Belt of the Witch King (Daily): When bloodied, +HP 2x level of unused arcane power.
[ ] Ring of Personal Gravity (Daily): Self and adjacent enemies slowed/immobilized.
[ ] Folding Astral Skiff (Daily): Unfolds into astral skiff.

Immediate Actions (descending priority; only at-wills will react to / target minions)
-- When hit, if negates: +3 to Ref and attacks vs Ref UEoMNT (Enc [Gloves of Quickness])
-- When hit, if negates: +4 to all defs against the attack (Enc [Sudden Scales])
-- When hit in 1st turn, if negates: +7 to all defs until end of encounter (Day [Platinum Scales])
-- When hit by area/close attack, if enemy in area: attack also hits enemy (Day [Chaos Link])
-- When hit by a ranged attack: Pull the attacker 2 squares (A-W [Essence of the Wisp])

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
After a rest, choose a phase. Phase must change the first time I am bloodied in an encounter.
Phase may change when I use a daily arcane attack power.
Phase of the Sun
 -- Start of Turn: Each adjacent enemy takes 7 fire and radiant damage.
 -- On-hit with Blazing Starfall or Dragonfrost: Roll a saving throw.
Phase of the Moon
 -- +AC equal to the number of adjacent conscious enemies.
 -- On-hit with Blazing Starfall or Dragonfrost: Gain concealment UEoMNT.
Phase of the Stars
 -- When an attack misses me, teleport 7 squares as a free action.
 -- On-hit with Blazing Starfall or Dragonfrost: Become insubstantial UEoMNT or until hit.

Champion's Countenance
While I'm at max HP, allies who can see me gain +2 to Fort, Ref and Will.

Action Point
Demon Fury: USoMNT, I and all allies gain +3 to attack rolls and enemies gain +3
to attack rolls against me.
Demonskin Tattoo: Resist 10 acid / cold / fire / lightning / thunder until end 
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features
Mettle: No damage from missed Fort/Will attack.
Greater Armour of Eyes: Do not grant CA for being flanked.
Ring of Personal Gravity: Reduce forced movement by 1.
Portal Mastery: 1/day, on death, regain half HP and disappear. Reappear on any 
plane on any permanent teleportation circle whose sigil sequence I have memorized.

Other Active Features
Mariner L1: While aboard a ship, +2 to skill checks related to life at sea.
Mariner L10: Ignore difficult terrain while shifting.
War Wizardry: Against allies, arcane spells take -5 to attacks and deal half damage.
Superior Will: Roll saving throw against daze/stun at start of turn, even if effect
doesn't allow a saving throw.
Hero's Poise: On saving throw success, allies within 5 who can see me gains +8 to
saving throws USoMNT.
Portal Mastery: 1/day, use Linked Portal or Planar Portal with no components.
Traveler's Tricks: On natural 18+ attack roll, teleport 5 squares after the attack.

Wol fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2018 around 11:51

Klingon w Bowl Cut
Apr 1, 2009

Q'pla!

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

Despite the effects of Fastidiousness, being in a sewer still took its toll and Marcus, and it takes him a minute to get his head in the game. His Songblade strike misses, but the light from its magic paints a literal glimmering bullseye on the Acolyte for Arka's bow. Marcus trusts her to clear the foe from Gladys.

Keeper's Prescience Round 1: 1d20 4
Move: Shift to G-7
Minor: Majestic Word on Silenna and Artheon (they are well within range thanks to the +7 range from Luminary Ring), for Majestic Word Healing: 4d6+7 21 + Surge HP.
They can also make a save if she needs to.
Standard: Victorious Smite vs AC: 1d20+33 38 on Acolyte at H-8. Miss!
Effect: Arka can shift 3 squares and make a basic attack against the Acolyte with +5 to attack and damage.

pre:
Marcus   						 
HP: 147/147 (00 temp)	AC:   37 	Passive Insight: 44
Surges: 12/12 (V: 36)	For:  36 	Passive Perception: 27
Initiative: +13		Ref:  36
Speed: 6		Will: 40        Action Points: 0        
Languages: All of them                  Vision: Normal

Vicious Mockery         [ ] Use Vulnerability           [ ] Verse of Triumph
Staggering Note		[ ] Words of Friendship         [ ] Wail of Anguish    
Wail of Anguish Attack  [x]  [ ]  [ ]  Majestic Word	[ ] Increasing the Tempo     
                                                                    [ ] Visions of Victory
                        [x] Victorious Smite            [ ] Song of Courage
                        [ ] Earthquake Strike           [ ] Despana's Strategem
                        [ ] Word of Vulnerability       [ ] Echoing Steps
                        [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Veil
                        [ ] Battle Chant                [ ] Lessons of History
                        [ ] True Prescient Warning      [ ] Haste
                                                        [ ] Song of Transition
MBA: Piercing Songblade +5, +30 attack, 2d8+8 damage
Crits: +5d10
Item Powers
[ ] Piercing Songblade (Daily)
[ ] ESP Medallion (Encounter)
[ ] Adamantine Hide Gloves (Daily)
[ ] Circlet of Mental Onslaught (Daily)
[ ] Planar Stasis Boots (Encounter)
[ ] Luminary Ring (Daily)
[ ] Hellfire Lute power #1 (recharge 6): Can grant basic attack and healing surge
[ ] Hellfire Lute power #2 (recharge 6): Can add 1 or 1d4 to an ally's attack or skill check

Conditionals
!When allies spend action points!: 
-They can shift 1 square before or after the action
-+7 damage on hit, or +7 temp hp on miss
Interrupts
-When an ally is hit by an attack, they may make a basic attack with +3d10 damage (Encounter)
-Subject to forced movement: -2 squares (Encounter), can make MBA if ending adjacent to enemy (Feat)
-Targeted by a burst or blast attack: -4 attack to other targets (Daily)
Resists: 1 all
Danger Sense: Roll twice for initiative.
Virtue of Valor: Once per round when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or drops an enemy to 0 HP,  Marcus can 
spend a free action to give that ally 10 temp HP, and he gains the same amount.
Opportunistic Withdrawal: Moving doesn't provoke an OA from enemies Marcus has CA against.
Planar Stasis Boots: Cannot be teleported against will.
Battle Song Expertise: Marcus adds +1 to the number of squares he can push, pull, and slide creatures.
Bard Implement Expertise: Bard spells crit on 19-20.
Keeper's Prescience: Roll 1d20 every round, replace it with any d20 roll that turn.

Klingon w Bowl Cut fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2018 around 20:02

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Stepping aside with serene grace enhanced by the absence of any noteworthy filth from a certain sewer, Gladys holds her hands up and palms together in a sign of prayer. She clutches her holy symbols and feels anew the perfect warmth of meeting Sune in the flesh, perfect circumstance driving the oncoming violence away from her. She continues stepping as she admires the swirling coronas of Sevitt's evocations, stepping beside Merritt briefly and pressing a hand to his armor, sharing Sune's love with him.

The reversed mirror of the sinister priestess, Gladys' beams as brightly as her showy, radiant armor and steps around Merritt's side, clearly standing with him, the two an almost cliche display of holy beings. Gladys raises her hand and points to the woman, her halo inverting as her presence turns deathly cold, the instant reversal sucking the very air out of the place briefly. The judgmental Mother Gladness favors her fellow cleric with a patronizing smile, eyes closing as her raised finger crooks and gestures downwards, condemning her.

"Empathy is a two-way street. Please, Young Miss. First tell us how the absence of your Lord Bane makes you feel." Sune's warmth and Torm's radiance fill the void and utterly annihilate the Priestess' connection to her deity. For a moment, at least.

Move: Shift to F7.
Standard: Sever the Source on Cleric. She has Vuln 17 and Cannot Regain HP UEOMNT.
Minor: Healing Word to Merritt and Arka back to full. Both gain +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT and can Shift 1 OR gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT. (This heal may be premature, so if for Surge preservation either wants to pass on being targeted I can dig it.)

pre:
Saint Gladys of Sune  						 
HP: 143/143 (THP: 16)    AC:  40   	Passive Insight: 36
Surges: 10/10 (V: 35)	For:	36	Passive Perception: 29
Initiative: +22		Ref:	39	Action Points: 1
Speed: 7		Will:	42      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Giant, Draconic, Goblin	

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Astral Seal             [ ] Second Wind            [ ] Word of Comfort
Sacred Flame            [ ] Spirit Flame     [ ] Dismissal
                        [ ] Remorse                [ ] Stream of Life
                        [X] Sever the Source       [ ] Radiant Armor
                        [ ] Prophecy of Doom       [ ] Brilliant Censure
                        [X] [ ] [ ] Healing Word   [ ] Good Omens
                        [ ] Healer's Mercy(Ch)     [ ] Moment of Peace
                        OR                         [ ] Hammer of Fate [ ]
                        [ ] Favor of the Gods(Ch)  [ ] Diabolic Soul [ ] Wrath
                        [ ] Shining Symbol         [ ] Divine Armor
                        [ ] Sune's Embrace(I)        [ ] Mass Curse Serious Wounds
                                                   [ ] Sune's Regen(I)   [ ] Sustenance(I)
                                                   [ ] Flight(I)    [ ] Gloves of Healing(I)
                                                   [ ] Sovereign(I)    [ ] Boots of Speed(I)
                                                   [ ] Timeless(I)    [ ] Whiteflame Armor(I)
                                                   [ ] Guardian(I)    [ ] Trollhide Bracers(I)
                                                   [ ] Calling(I)

Healing Word: Surge + 8d6 + 1d6(1) + 9
Healing Surges: +5 Healer's Implement, +3d6+4 Pacifist Healer, +1d6 Healer's Gloves(One Target)
Target Gains: +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT
Last Legion Officer: When Ally Heals off spent Surge, Shift 1 or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT

Implement: +27, +29(Astral Seal), +1 vs Bloodied, Crits +5d6
Melee: +23, 2d4+7     Ranged: +17

Passives:
Resists: Fire 17, Necrotic 22, Poison 19, Radiant 15
Sanc. Touch: If Adjacent to Ally for Surge, grant Save. If Save, grant Surge. Heal Skill grant Saves.
Foresight: Allies within 5 cannot be surprised. Rolls Initiative twice.
Prophetic Action: Action Point grants a Move Action for a different round.
Terrifying Insight: Roll twice against Will. If both miss, Daze self UEOMNT.
Ordained: Adjacent Allies get +1 to Saves.
Saintly Grace: Cannot be Dominated. Dominates only Daze.
Pacifist: If damaging a Bloodied enemy, Stun self UEOMNT.
Superior Will: Save at start of turn to undo Save/Daze.
Focused Mind: +4 to Saves against Stun/Daze.
Eye of Judgement: Roll twice on Insight.
Saving Grace: On Save Success, forgo the Save to let an Ally within 5 Save at +7.
Supreme Healing: Healing Word targets two.
H. Symbol Expertise: After using Implement Attack, cannot grant CA USOMNT.
Ring of Flight: No Fall Damage, always land on feet.
Divine Health: Immune to Diseases unless above Level 30.
Eager Hero's Tatoo: After Short Rest gain THP 10 + 2 per Surge used since last Extended.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2018 around 03:10

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

PDF -- Orokos

Merritt feels himself invigorated at Gladys' touch and offers her a quick nod of thanks. He snaps his attention back to the cleric who uttered the preposterous notion that Torm would somehow be killed. "You'll have to come through me first if you expect to even look upon Torm" Merrit spits. Then with a shout, growing into a roar, Merritt shouts a prayer before striking out at the cleric. "Praise be to Torm, who guides my blade in battle. Touch the mountains and make them smoke. Shoot your arrows, and rout the enemy!" With that uttered, he strikes at the cleric with a great blow - a solid stab to her shoulder. "And you shall know my name when I lay my vengeance upon you!" He combines his blow with a swift kick to the cleric's chest, knocking her to the ground and winding her.

After the cleric hits the ground, Merritt stands over her and points his blade at her to further pronounce a sentence to her. "You shall face your reckoning for your arrogance! I shall see to it that I personally bring every last one of you to your doom." He leans forward and growls "for I do not bear my sword in vain. I bear my sword to carry out Torm's wrath upon the wrongdoers." After he finishes, he strikes again with a powerful stab to the Cleric's torso - hoping to give her a swift end.

Minor: Divine Strength
Effect: Apply STR modifier (+7) as extra damage on next attack this turn

Crusading Wrath places divine sanction for the encounter on target before EoNT after using divine strength, add WIS modifier (+4) to damage dealt by sanction

Standard:Grave Smite vs AC: 1d20+30+2+3 38 3d12+16+7 48 + vuln 17 for 65 damage

Free Action - activate Gauntlets of True Striking (encounter) - add 1d4+1. I missed by 2, therefore it now hits.

The cleric falls prone and cannot stand until the start of my next turn
Cleric is marked by Lawbreaker's Doom

Action point!
Castigating Strike vs AC: 1d20+30+2+3 55 3d12+16+17 60 (crit!) for 69 +4 from Lawbreaker's Doom
Cleric is immobilized per AP benefit
Crit Damage: 3d12+5d10 41
On Action Point, I regain use of Grave Smite
Enemies within 3 squares is marked by divine sanction until EOMNT

Total damage =179

pre:
Merritt Carlisle   						 
HP:  169/169 (THP: )		AC:  40		Passive Insight: 35
Surges: 12/13 (V: 42)		Fort: 39	Passive Perception: 28
Initiative: +19			Ref:  35	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6 (Fly 8)		Will: 37	Vision: normal
Languages: Common, Elven, Supernal

Resists/Immunities
Resist 15 Fire, Resist 15 Radiant
Immune to fear

Basic Attacks
MBA: 1d20+30; 2d12+16

Powers

At-Will
Divine Challenge		Holy Strike			Ardent Strike

Encounter
[ ] Action Point		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Heroic Effort
[x] Channel Divinity		[ ] Virtue			[ ] Shield of Discipline
[ ] Benediction			[ ] Red Death			[ ] Guardian's Counter
[ ] Lawbreaker's Doom		[ ] Dispensed Justice		[ ] Castigating Strike
[ ] Mark of Terror		[ ] Strength from Valor		[ ] Battle Awareness
[ ] Grave Smite

Daily
4/4 Virtue's Touch		[ ] Divine Aegis		[ ] Avatar of Undaunted Bravery
[ ] Wheel of Fate		[ ] Blood Oath Fulfilled

Item Powers
[ ] Gauntlets of True Striking (Encounter)
[ ] Gauntlets of True Striking (Daily)
[ ] Dwarven Legion Plate Armor +5 (Daily)
[ ] Amulet of Life +4 (Encounter)
[ ] Helm of Teleportation (Encounter)
[ ] Legacy Undying (Daily)

Reactions
Divine Challenge: Target takes 17 radiant damage first time per round
	that it targets any of my allies with an attack power that doesn't include
	me
Divine Sanction: Target takes 10 radiant damage first time per round
	that it targets any of my allies with an attack power that doesn't include
	me
Battle Awareness: 1/encounter make imm. interrupt MBA against adjacent
	enemy that shifts or doesn't include me in attack
Guardian's Counter: An ally within 2sq of me is hit by an attack and I'm
	not included in the attack: The ally and I shift up to 2 sq as a free
	action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack,
	in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, I can make a BA against
	the attacker
Benediction: An ally within 5sq hits with a melee attack: The target can
	either spend a healing surge or make two damaage rolls for the attack
	and use either result

Class/Path/Destiny Features
Guardian: Choose one creature to be my bonded charge. If an enemy attacks
	them, I gain +1 to attack against them USO the enemies NT.
Immobilizing Action: WHen you take an action point to attack a
	lawbreaker's doom target, immobilize target on hit
Strength of Conviction: Gain 10 + StrMod (7) THP when I reduce
	lawbreaker's doom target to 0 hp
Angelic Nature:
Reborn in Light: When I die, disappear in a flash of radiance. Each enemy
	in CB10 takes 2d10+4 damage and is blinded (save ends). I reappear in a
	column of light at the end of the encounter at full HP with all harmful
	effects ended.

Feats
Two-Handed Weapon Expertise: +3 to damage on charge attacks
Heavy Blade Mastery: Crit with heavy blade weapon on 19-20
Bitter Challenge: Divine Challenge damage slows target UEONT
Mighty Challenge: Divine Challenge adds +Str mod radiant damage
Weakening Challenge: Weaken target for the attack when it takes damage
	from divine challenge or divine sanction
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Superior Will: Make saving throw to end stunned or dazed at start of turn
	even if not (save ends) effect
Honored Foe: Gain Wis mod THP when enemy marked by divine challenge or
	divine sanction damages me
Resurgent Attack: Gain +2 to next attack before EONT after I spend
	healing surge
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist Wis (4) all USONT when spending healing surge
Divine Mastery: Regain use of divine encounter power when I spend AP
Crusading Wrath: Place divine sanction for encounter on next enemy I
	attack before EONT after using Divine Strength; Add Wis mod (+4) to damage
	dealt by sanction.

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Jul 16, 2018 around 02:35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka | PDF

Barely avoiding the swing from the acolyte, Arka silently thanks whatever magic Sevit is spewing in all directions. Using the wall next to her to push herself away from her attacker, she takes advantage of Marcus's swing to put an arrow in an acolyte's side that lifts him off his feet before gravity cruelly buries him. Still sliding on her back, rapid arrows into his comrades send them to meet similar fates, thinning out the Banite's numbers. In one clever, swift motion she resumes her feet and plants the butt of her bow solidly into the temple's pristine marble flooring, drawing a singular arrow with three massive, jagged tines, to her cheek.

"Always pride before the fall, it seems," she whispers, loosing the projectile at the distracted Head Cleric of Bane. The arrow finds its way deep underneath the thick, black armor, embedding itself wickedly in the Cleric's flesh.

---
Sevit's aura, and the acolyte being next to me makes the hit into a miss. Arka is still affected by the slowing aura, until...
Off turn: Shift 3 to L9, then Granted RBA from Marcus: Ranged Basic Attack vs AC (H8): 1d20+37 45, hit 2d12+26 43, and he is KOd
Reaction: Sevit's ranged attack against the Cleric prompts Combined Fire vs AC (Cleric): 1d20+33 43, hit 3d12+24 37
Move: to L16, gaining the benefit of Accelerating
Minor: Quarry on Cleric
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC (I7, F16): 2#1d20+30 49, hit 43, hit - both minions are KOd
Free: Archer's Glory - gain an immediate AP that must be used immediately
Free AP: Manticore's Volley vs AC (Cleric): 3#1d20+33 45 43 47, all 3 hit, adding +2[w] to the damage expression
Manticore's Volley Damage: 5d12+3d8+5d6+114 171 (weapon+quarry+SA+vuln from Gladys+damage mods)+accelerating: 2d6 9 = 180
AP Benefits: Regain use of Manticore's Volley
Totals: 217 to the Cleric, Minions at I7, H8, and F16 are all downed

pre:
Arka | PDF

HP : 145/145 (THP: 00)    Passive Insight   :  29     Defense Sets :  AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 10/10 ( V:36 )   Passive Perception :  36    1 Base          41/41/40/38
Initiative : +28          Vision :  Darkvision        2 Adjacent      43/43/42/40
Speed : 10 (Fly 6)                                    3 OAs           45/43/42/40
Action Points : [1]                                  

At Will
Twin Strike         Nimble Strike         Hunter's Quarry
Nature's Mask

Encounter
[ ] Manticore Spikes       [ ] Warding Shot         [ ] Pounding Barrage
[ ] Guidance of the Past   [x] Combined Fire        [ ] Manticore's Volley
[x] Archer's Glory         [ ] Guided Shot          [ ] Second Wind
[x] Sneak Attack

Daily
[ ] Attacks on the Run     [ ] Confounding Arrows   [ ] Unrestrained Aggression
[ ] Quarry's Bane          [ ] Howling Winds        [ ] Oak Skin
[ ] Weathered Resilience   [ ] Stepping Through the Veil

Items:
[ ] Raven Queen's Shroud (Encounter, Minor)
[ ] Raven Queen's Shroud (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Ring of Giants (Daily, Free)
[ ] War Ring (Daily, Free)
[ ] Boots of Dancing (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Bracers of Archery (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Unfettered Thieves' Tools (Daily, Standard)

RBA: +30; 2d12+25 --- +2 to hit vs. quarry, +3 damage vs. isolated, +4 damage vs. bloodied, +3d8 vs. quarry (once per turn)
Crit: +7d10+17 initially, +5d10 at SOMNT

Passives:  
Archer       :  Can designate 7 Quarries, ignore cover and concealment vs. quarries, crit on 19-20, gain CA vs. Isolated, Deaf, Immob, Slow, Poisoned or Weakened
Elusive      :  +3 defs vs. Quarry hit UEOMNT
Slippery     :  +2 saves vs. immob, restrain, slow, and escape
Willful      :  Saves vs. Daze/Stun at start of turn, do not grant CA when dazed
Reserve      :  Recover an expended encounter power when spending an AP, in addition to other benefits
Ghostly      :  Gain Phasing / Insubstantial when running/charging UEOMNT
Timeless     :  Count as Immortal, Fey, Shapechanger, Magical Beast, Humanoid, Shadow type

«9 »