Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

The archduke smiles. "Very good, I would be glad to offer my assistance in removing Asmodeus to those of you willing to accept it. Follow me." The tall devil stands up and leads you down a hallway to the side of the room, down a flight of steps and through a door made of solid ice, with hellfire torches providing illumination the entire way. You enter into a room glowing a sickly green, with racks of weapons and armor on every wall.

He first points to Silenna. "This may aid you while you are as a snake. You will wear it and launch pure hellfire at your foes!" He picks up a circlet made of black iron studded with glowing green gems that, presumably, transforms into some form of cannon when the wearer enables it to.

quote:

Hellfire Launcher
Lvl 23 Head Slot

Special: Gain benefits and use powers of this item only in Beast Form.

Special: Attacks made with this item’s powers have a +5 enhancement bonus to attack and damage

Critical: 5d6

Property: Telepathy

Property: Attacks made with Hellfire Launcher ignore Fire Resistance

Power (At-Will * Fire): Standard Action.
Attack: Ranged 10; Highest ability modifier vs Reflex
Hit: 2d10 + Highest ability modifier Fire damage
Special: You may use this power as a Ranged Basic Attack

Power (Recharge 5, 6 * Fire): Minor Action.
Attack: Close Burst 10, One enemy in burst; Highest ability modifier vs Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + Highest ability modifier Fire damage

Power (Recharge 6 * Fire): Standard Action.
Attack: Ranged 10; Highest ability modifier vs Reflex
Hit: 3d10 + Highest ability modifier Fire Damage and the target is Dazed until the end of of your next turn.
Special: You may choose to spend a healing surge while making this attack. If you do so, you gain no healing, and the attack becomes as follows:
Hit: 3d10 + Highest ability modifier Fire Damage and the target is Stunned until the end of of your next turn.

He then turns to Merritt. "Angel, you may take this blade. Its power will enable you to land your hits more accurately." The devil hands Merritt a long, black steel fullblade with a bright green gem in its hilt.

quote:

Hellfire Fullblade
Lvl 23 Fullblade

Critical: 5d6 fire damage, or 5d8 fire damage to an enemy marked by you. You may choose to reroll any number of critical dice, but you must use the second result if you do so.

Enhancement: +5 attack rolls and damage rolls

Property: Untyped damage dealt with this weapon is turned into Fire damage

Property: Fire damage inflicted by this weapon ignores all fire resistance

Power (At-Will * Fire): Free Action. Change the damage type of your mark punishment to Fire. Fire damage dealt this way ignores Fire resistance. You may change it back to its default type as a Free Action.

Power (Recharge 6 * Fire): Free Action. Trigger: You miss with an attack made with this weapon. Spend a healing surge, gaining no healing. Reroll the attack, changing any damage dealt by the attack to Fire damage.
Special: You may instead choose to spend two healing surges, gaining no healing. If you do so, the effect becomes the following: The miss turns into a hit, changing any damage dealt by the attack to Fire damage

Finally, he nods to Gladys. "And for you, Saint, these bracers should keep you protected from harm." The black steel bracers are extremely heavy, and are also studded with bright green gems.

quote:

Hellfire Bracers
Lvl 23 Arms

Property: Resist 15 fire.

Property: When you grant an ally a healing surge, they may make a saving throw.
Special: You may spend a healing surge when granting your ally a healing surge. You gain no healing. If you do so, the target gets a +4 item bonus to their saving throw.

Power (Recharge 6): No Action. Trigger: You fail a saving throw. Reroll that saving throw. You must use the second result, even if it is lower.

Power (Daily): Free Action. Trigger: You are hit with an attack. Spend a healing surge, gaining no healing from it. That hit turns into a miss.

As Marcus peruses the room, he notices something unusual--a rack of various musical instruments! One of them, a lute, catches his eye. Made of pitch black wood, it is accented with carvings of flames in bright green, along with bright green gems studding the body.

quote:

Hellfire Lute
Lvl 23 Instrument

Enhancement: +5 bonus to attack and damage rolls.

Critical: 5d6 Fire damage.

Property: Untyped damage caused by this instrument becomes Fire damage.

Property: Fire damage caused by this instrument ignores Fire resistance.

Power (Recharge 6): Free Action. Trigger: You grant an ally a healing surge. That ally may make a melee basic attack or a ranged basic attack, changing all damage to Fire damage.
Special: You may spend a healing surge, gaining no healing. If you do so, the target gets a +4 item bonus to the granted attack.

Power (Rechage 6): Free Action. Close Burst 10, one ally in burst. Trigger: An ally rolls an attack or skill check. Add 1 to that roll.
Special: You may choose to spend a healing surge, gaining no healing. If you do so, the target instead adds 1d4+1 to that roll. If it is an attack, change all damage to Fire damage.

He then steps back to address the group, "You may take these as a gift in exchange for removing Asmodeus, and may keep them once he is dealt with... know, though, that I do not view this as you entering a pact with me or tributing your souls, if you are concerned. I simply view this as aiding the enemy of an enemy. I also do not necessarily expect you to kill Asmodeus, but know that he is not likely to cede his prize easily. I cannot provide more direct aid than these items, but know that I will be watching closely and awaiting word of your success." He flashes a smile to you, awaiting any response or further questions.

e: Added Marcus' lute and also added a property to Gladys' item!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

Silenna takes the crown carefully, studying it with a critical eye in between glances at Mephistopheles. She wasn't entirely sure how this thing was supposed to work, but there was no option but to take the devil's word for it. "Thank you for this gift, Master of the Eighth," she says, words carefully measured, yet curt. She's not one to look a gift horse in the mouth; yet still, the deal with the devil, regardless of his addenda on the state of their souls, left a bad taste in her mouth. But of course, she didn't have to be a bard trained in the etiquette of several handfuls of cultures to know that not being polite in this case would be a bad move.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF
Arch-Bard Marcus's Orokos sheet

As soon as he lays eyes on the lute in the room, all of Marcus's earlier objections melt away.

"Uh, pardon me, Lord Mephistopheles," he says. "I cannot help but admire the exquisite craftsmanship of that fine lute. Truthfully, I had no idea instruments could be made to make use of Hellfire. You don't mind if I... give it a try, do you?"

His hands are already inching toward the instrument, his awed and avaricious expression reflecting from the green gems laid into it.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Mephistopheles smiles. "Ah, but of course they can. It gives them exquisite clarity and extraordinarily accurate pitch. You are more than welcome to play it, and even take it as a gift, should you choose."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

Arka mumbles to herself about devils and golden fiddles, wanting to be about their task in the 9th and back to Toril. All this dealing with devils has left her longing for the simplicity of just shooting her problems.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 20, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Saint Gladys - PDF - Reference

Gladys takes a little extra time to strap the bracers on, test their weight and wince in a bit of discomfort. Were she not literally blessed she would take great difficulty with how much the bracers weighed! She composes herself and smiles at their host, feeling a familiar and undeniably pleasant warmth from the bracers now bleeding into her. "Of course. In their stead please accept my eternal gratitude, Lord Mephistopheles." There was some likelihood that if they survived and left the Hells that it may be best to purify and outright destroy the artifacts... but perhaps that would only apply to Merritt. Some patrons were significantly stricter than others. To wear an object of a devil's greatest creative passion held the same wholesome appeal she saw in Belial's sculpting.

"I would very much like to hear you play, Marcus. Rally us before the final encounter!" She chuckles. "They say Hell has many stories and many origins, that long ago Heaven was so angry they cast a fallen angel out, physically, that he might fall and shatter, forming the very plane. Lord, you above all else are said to rival Asmodeous. Would you not have the utmost spying upon his movements? If we knew what purpose guided him we may better stand a chance of understanding him." ... She imagined her companions might become quite cross if she used her original wording to sympathize with him, but truly, her head was already spinning at the implications of multiple Deific beings turning upon Ao. Explaining it as simply Asmodeus is evil and power-hungry so like a dog he leapt upon the first morsel of meat he found was folly. He would not easily give four others power equal to or over his own and it was paramount to understand the origin of the scheme. After all, they might ask him to return that power to them!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 21, 2018

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Smiling, Mephistopheles graciously accepts Gladys' compliment, "Of course, it is my pleasure, Lady of Sune." The archduke then crosses his arms and frowns at Gladys' question. "The extent of my knowledge is that he had multiple meetings with the other deities involved in the plan before they moved on Ao. My spies, however, were unable to glean any knowledge about what was discussed at those meetings. Knowing Asmodeus well, and even having passive knowledge of the other deities involved, however, leads me to believe that the group as a whole has intentions beyond just the raw power the tablets provide, else they would not have risked moving on Ao. Perhaps you might ask Asmodeus himself when you encounter him in Nessus?"

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Assassins-Bane, Foe-Ender, Champion of the Moonsea!; Bard|Scholar, War Chanter, Sage of Ages!
Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

Marcus strums the lute once, and as the strong note resonates and green flames spout from the gems, he feels like a young bard again. Like he's standing before crowds of adoring, attractive fans as he pours his heart and soul into a piece. Not only is he young again, but he once again knows he will never die!

He plays a few more incredibly fast notes, wailing on the strings as if his life depends on the performance. His body is wreathed in emerald fire, but the only heat Marcus can feel is from his passion for music, life, and knowledge. Only after a minute or so does he remember where he is, and suddenly he silences the strings with a start.

"Well, that, uh," he says, in between coughs. "I believe this will be of... great use to us. Thank you."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

The devil flashes a bright smile at Marcus' performance and claps softly. "So I see you more than live up to your reputation! You will make much better use of that than it would be sitting down here. Alas, not many of my servants are much for music..." he says, trailing off. "Is there any other way I might assist you? And are you sure you would not like a bow, young huntress?" he asks, looking at Arka with a soft smile.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

Grasping the hem of her cloak, Arka offers the devil a peasants' curtsy not seen in the mortal realm for quite a few centuries, smiling with her mouth if not her eyes.

" 'ppreciate the offer, Lord, but I remain steadfast in my declination," she says, keeping her tone as level as she can manage, "I'm sure the aid you have provided my companions will be more than sufficient."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

"I think we had best be on our way," Silenna adds, after Marcus' rousing performance. They had their weapons. She hoped it would be enough. But, at the very least, Mephistopheles wasn't going to stab them in the back to keep the tablet for himself. "Are you all ready?" she asks her companions.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

Marcus bows and flourishes before the devil's applause. "I regret to hear that," he says. "A life without music is hardly a life at all. Perhaps when our business is concluded, I will return, and we can discuss restoring the energy of music to your halls." It wouldn't be the first time my music has toppled a government. "For now though, yes, I am ready. Thank you again for your assistance, Lord."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Mephistopheles nods again, the soft smile still on his face. “Go then, to Nessus, and with newfound strength, topple the Archdevil Asmodeus!” The devil turns and beacons you to follow with his arm, “Come, I will see you to the edge of Cania personally.” The archduke grabs a hellfire torch for each of you and waves to his bodyguard to follow along with you. You traverse the grand icebergs once again, this time sheltered from the cold by the torches you were just given.

As you move closer to the edge of the layer, the archduke continues to speak, “Be cautious confronting Asmodeus, for he was an extremely formidable foe even without the power of the Tablets of Fate. His Ruby Rod allows him to control elements and to protect and cleanse himself, and I know not what powers his shard of the Tablets gives him. There is a reason I have not openly moved on him, and that should say something," he chuckles. "In any case, you should find him in a grand fortress miles down the maze of vertical caverns of Nessus. You will pass many cities and fortresses full of devils blindly loyal to Asmodeus, but you shall know the correct fortress both by its size and by its grand ruby colored insignia.”

Soon enough, you arrive at a huge rift in the ground with treacherous steps carved into one of the walls. “Alas, this is as far as I can take you, my friends,” Mephistopheles says to you with a sigh. “I look forward to hearing of your success, and in the meantime, I shall begin preparations to move to a new residence…” he says, his smile widening as he gives you a hearty wave, watching as you disappear down the steps into the chasm.

The way down through Nessus is dark, but the temperature is surprisingly mild. As you progress downwards, fire leaks out through cracks in the walls, lighting the way as you pass around the outskirts of great cities that must house millions of devils, and out of view of the multitude of fortresses, garrisoned by thousands of devils each. Finally, after an impossibly long descent, you arrive at what must be the seat of Asmodeus--a large fortress made of blackened stone with windows made of pure ruby and red tapestries bearing the symbol of Asmodeus hanging from the walls. The outer wall is 30 feet high and three feet thick, and the main gate is likewise imposingly large, with its black iron portcullis surprisingly drawn open...

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Merritt examines his new blade thoughtfully. After he is out of Mephistopheles' eye sight, not wishing to offend one such as he, he slowly runs his hand along the flat side of the blade, whispering a quiet prayer to bless it.

He looks at the open portcullis and cocks an eyebrow. "Clearly, we were expected. Should we enter this way, I would expect to be drawn into some sort of trap or an otherwise indefensible position. The other possibility is we are being offered a clear path to battle...but I do admit I have difficulty believing it will be that simple."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

Silenna growls softly. "I see no other way in, so far." The glow of her new circlet lends an eerie appearance to her already sharp facial features. "Perhaps we must simply bear whatever traps are laid out, and force our way through - the prospect does not fill me with joy, but I do not see what other chance we have. So close to our goal, we cannot be deterred now." She steps forward a little, examining the portcullis and beyond, trying to spy anything that would give away a trap or ambush.

Perception at 1d20+25=35

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

"This is it, my friends," he says solemnly. "The trap or whatever this may be is a mere tactical detail. Let's take a moment to remember what this means, in a larger context. By securing this Tablet, we will be preventing a great evil from being done to our world. Moreover, we were chosen for a reason; if anyone can pull this off, we can. I suggest you start thinking about the wording you want for your ballads now!"

While he speaks, Marcus plucks a few notes from his hellfire lute and uses its dark magic to bring a veil of magic around the appearances of himself and his companions, turning them into a party of devils. Marcus himself looks like a slightly handsomer version of Mephistopheles, with elegant curved horns, majestic wings folded behind him, and a perfectly trimmed goatee. It probably won't fool Asmodeus himself, but it might get them inside without drawing suspicion.

"Not that I don't have any ideas for the tactical details. For example... we have hellfire equipment, and we now look like devils. Perhaps we can give the inhabitants of the castle the impression we're an assassination team sent by Mephistopheles. The Lord of Hell himself likely has means to see through illusions, but at the very least, these disguises should give some of the enemy pause. A moment's hesitation may be all we need to seize the advantage."

Marcus casts the Veil utility power:
"You transform the auditory, tactile, and visual qualities of the targets' bodies and equipment. Each target assumes the appearance of a humanoid of the same size, even the appearance of a specific individual you have seen. The illusion lasts for 1 hour, or you can end it as a minor action. A creature can recognize a target's form as illusory with an Insight check opposed by that target's Bluff check with a +5 power bonus.

Marcus's check:
Veil Bluff check: 1d20+28 39

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

"Unless he's lost all his starch, he knows we're coming. Maybe this will get us further before we have to be loud," she smooths her illusory hair behind illusory horns mimicking the shape of owl's horns, "But mark my words, I don't think we can talk our way past this devil."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

As you approach the base in your disguises, you notice something strange--there is not a single devil in sight on the battlements. You still don’t notice any devils as you move through the open gate and into the large courtyard, its ground made of smoothed, dark brown stone.

Once you are about a third of the way into the courtyard, you hear a deep, booming voice, “Welcome, mortals!” it says, “While I appreciate your disguise, it is difficult to believe Mephistopheles would come himself to challenge me, especially with my newfound power. That is nothing to say for the fact that my spies saw you don your silly disguises.” You see the silhouette of a 13 foot tall humanoid with small horns upon its head walk slowly out through a doorway at the far end of the courtyard. As it continues to stride out, you notice the burning red eyes and sharp facial features of an extraordinarily handsome, surprisingly human looking devil wearing red and black robes studded with rubies and diamonds and carrying a rod made of pure ruby, glistening in the light of the fires raining down from the cliffs looming over the fortress.

“Anyway,” he continues, “do you really believe you can stop me--stop us--from completing our plan? You face power beyond your mere mortal comprehension!” He chuckes, adding “Though maybe I won’t kill you right away--perhaps I’ll force you to see the rest of our plan come to fruition first, especially our friends the angel and the saint, for soon you will have no gods but us to pray to! As we speak, all of the other deities are being cast back down to Toril, mortal and vulnerable. This time, however, the five of us will not be similarly incapacitated, for we have the power of the Tablets of Fate! We shall hunt the weak, assume their stations--and their powers--and usher in an entirely new reign over Toril, and indeed, the entire cosmos!” he says, stretching his arms out wide, with a great smile.

“Now, then,” he says, continuing to smile, “have you any final words or questions before you watch your gods die, one by one?”

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

"Far be it from me to accuse a god of anything, Lord Asmodeus," Silenna begins carefully, "I know all too well the power you and others of your station wield is far beyond a mortal's, even if I've never put much stock in faith." Arthion slips off of her and slithers to the side, away from the ruler of the ninth, as if to save his own iridescent skin. "But hubris is the sin of many, and not even gods are above its temptation." A glow in her newfound crown sheds a sickly green across her appearance. "So it falls upon us to punish yours; or to die trying."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

As their group comes before Asmodeus, Gladys feels a need to turn and console Marcus, assisted heavily by the fact that her disguise is a generously proportioned deviless wearing much less than usual. She offers him a close hug and some warm words. "It was some of your cleverest work, the masterwork being in the details. And in my own details, it is certainly the thought that counts." Gladys kisses him upon the cheek and focuses. With a passionate pop and shimmer her halo manifests in full radiant gold-white outline, dismissing the illusion.

Gladys turns to face Asmodeus and stands at the side of the others, not taking a step before Silenna. "... A heinous plan, and you know we cannot surrender, no matter the odds." She holds her arms at either side, hands clenched into fists. "And despite all of that, I would still ask that you do so, and we will leave with the Tablet. In no known scripture does the legendary cunning of Lord Asmodeus advocate such a... wild gamble." Speaking calmly, evenly... Gladys figures it is the only thing she can do to hide her fear. Her life's experience had to be good for something right now! "I would speak of delaying you, but I will never betray my faith in my companions. We will defeat you!"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 21, 2018

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Merritt, enraged, forces his way to the front of the party to brandish his sword at Asmodeus. The very fire of his soul shines through his body, like the sun glittering through crystal. His wings are in full view, shimmering brilliantly to counter the eerie glow from his sword.

Merritt points his sword directly at Asmodeus and roars, not unlike his lion namesake, “It is you who should be uttering final words! You who should wail, for the day of justice is near. The hands of you and your minions shall fall limp and your hearts shall melt. Justice is coming, cruel, with fury and burning anger to make the realm a desolation; And I will exterminate its sinners from it. I will punish this realm for its evil and the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud and abase the haughtiness of the ruthless.”

With a harsh, gutteral whisper, he pronounces “I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am justice. In the days after your defeat shall you seek death and not find it; and you shall desire to die, and death shall flee from you."

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

Hearing the rousing words of his comrades, Marcus cannot help but feel a swell of passion and courage. All the songs and epics he has learned--and lived!--flash through his mind, heroic stands and quests for justice playing out across the centuries. What is happening today is no less momentous, and so it is his responsibility as a bard to ensure his words before this battle will be timeless. He is all set to do so, but then he hears Asmodeus insult his disguises.

"Hey, screw you, buddy!" he shouts, scowling as he draws his sword and lute.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Asmodeus looks at Merritt with some confusion, “But you have not killed a single devil so far. I very much don’t think you have what it takes to kill but a single imp, let alone all of Hell. Asmodeus then scoffs at Marcus’ “insult,” “Surely the great Arch-Bard can come up with a better comeback than that! Are you sure you want those to be the words you are remembered by?” he asks, laughing. “In any case, I do not believe any of us will back down, so,” he says as he strides towards the center of the courtyard, pointing his Ruby Rod directly at the party, “Let us fight.” The rod initially lets out a small fireball targeted at the center of the group before he recoils it and unleashes a blast of frozen air, with ice pelting everyone in the cone, both slowing them and weakening their attacks.

Initiative (Silenna, Gladys, Merritt, Marcus, Arka): 1d20+16 30 1d20+20 31 1d20+17 25 2d10k1+11 21 1d20+28 32 -> 27.8

Asmodeus’ Initiative: 1d20+20 33

Asmodeus:
Instinctive Action: Fireblast vs Reflex (Merritt, Silenna, Artheon, Marcus, Gladys, Arka): 6#1d20+27 38 37 35 38 46 32 - 4d8+12 29 Fire -- Hit: Ongoing 5 Fire (save ends)
Move: to F5
Standard: Cone of Cold vs Fortitude (Merritt, Silenna, Artheon, Marcus, Gladys, Arka): 6#1d20+27 47 47 33 33 32 38 - 4d12+19 44 Cold -- Hit: The target is Weakened and Slowed (save ends both) Miss: The target is Slowed UEOMNT

Asmodeus: Damage Taken: 0 AC/F/R/W: 38/36/36/37 (Aura 3: Aura of Doom, Action Recovery, Instinctive Action)

Aura of Doom: Aura 3, Enemies cannot regain hit points or gain temporary hit points while in the aura. The aura is disabled while Asmodeus is Dazed, Stunned or Dominated.
Action Recovery: Whenever Asmodeus ends his turn, any dazing, stunning, or dominating effects on him ends.
Instinctive Action: Before his turn, Asmodeus can use a free action to take any at-will action. If he cannot make this attack due to a stunning or dominating condition, that condition ends instead.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 12, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

Silenna buckles under the freezing assault. A momentary flash of her first words in the gathering sounds through her mind. Was it like that? Were they just going to die here, swatted down like flies by the Lord of the Ninth?

No. Not yet. Not while she still drew breath. Her head raises, fury blazing in her eyes even as the flames still lick at her heels. "Indeed. Let us," she growls, and her shape contorts into the giant serpent her companions had grown so familiar with over their trek through the hells. Slithering across to Asmodeus' side, she rears up and flares out her hood, a screeching hiss deafening the devil before her and the sight of her inspiring her allies to join in the fray. She darts back to the shadows, waiting for another opportunity to strike.

Before My Turn: I become bloodied, invoking Primal Resurgence to regain use of Fazing Fangs. Arthion goes down is saved by Marcus' interruption.
Start of Turn: Take 5 Fire damage.
Free: Assassin's Shroud on Asmodeus.
Free: Wild Shape to Large Beast. Shift to E6-F7. Boots activate for +1 AC/Ref UEOMNT.
Standard: Primal Lion vs Asmodeus at 1d20+27=30. Miss, but invoke Elven Accuracy for a reroll at 1d20+27+1d4=42. Hit for 3d8+15=31/2=16 damage. Asmodeus is dazed (save ends). I push Asmodeus 1 square to F4. Every ally gains 6 THP. Until the end of the encounter, while in beast form, whenever I hit an enemy with a melee attack, they grant combat advantage UEOMNT.

Arthion charges to G5 and attacks Asmodeus at 1d20+28=45. Hit for 1d8+10=16 damage. Asmodeus can't gain CA as long as he is adjacent to Arthion.
Move: Serpent's Dash to shift 3 squares to E8-F9 and gain concealment UEOMNT. Arthion shifts 1 to F5.
End of Turn: Save vs ongoing fire, slowed/weakened at 2x1d20=7,19. I am no longer slowed or weakened.

pre:
Silenna   						 
HP: 19/125 (0)	        AC:   33 	Passive Insight: 33
Surges: 8/8 (V: 31)	For:  31 	Passive Perception: 35
Initiative: +16		Ref:  34 	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will: 37	        
Languages: Common, Elven                Vision: Low-light

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Assassin's Shroud       [ ] Camouflage Cloak           [ ] Clinging Drones
Chill Wind		[ ] Claws of Retribution       [ ] Fazing Fangs
Grasping Claws         	[ ] Constricting Coils	       [ ] Jaws of Ice
Savage Rend             [ ] Darting Viper              [X] Primal Lion
Wild Shape              [X] Elven Accuracy          
                        [ ] Feywild Sojourn            
                        [ ] Infiltrating Drone         
                        [ ] Predator's Flurry
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [X] Serpent's Dash
                        [ ] Sudden Bite

Item Powers
[ ] Boots of the Fencing Master (Encounter)
[ ] Diamond Cincture (At-Will)
[ ] Hellfire Launcher (At-Will)
[ ] Hellfire Launcher (Recharge 5, 6)
[ ] Hellfire Launcher (Recharge 6)
[ ] Marauder's Armor (Daily)
[ ] Staff of the Serpent (Daily)
[ ] Torc of Power Preservation (Daily)

Conditionals
Boots of the Fencing Master: On shift, you get +1 to AC/Ref UEOYNT. 
Danger Sense: Roll twice for initiative.
Enraged Boar Form: When in beast form, +1 to attack and +2 to damage rolls on charge.
Fey Beast Tamer: CA against enemies in your companion's aura. 
Communicate normally with your companion and other creatures of the same kind.
Magnificent Beast: Can choose to become large when wild shaping to beast form. 
While you are in Large beast form, you get a +2 bonus to damage rolls and speed. 
Marauder's Armor: On charge, you get +3 AC UEOYNT.
Pouncing Form: When using wild shape to change into beast form, you can shift 6 squares.
Primal Resurgence: Once per day, when you become bloodied, you may regain use of a used primal daily power.
Quick Wild Shape: Wild Shape as free action on your turn.
Ruthless Killer: When hitting target with grasping claws, can choose to immobilize.
Immobilize lasts UEOYNT or until you are no longer adjacent.
Serpent Form: When in beast form, you get resist 15 poison and +5 to Stealth.
Snake Fang Action: When you spend an AP to make an attack, 
each target hit by that attack takes 10 ongoing poison damage (save ends).
Staff Expertise: Ranged and Area attacks do not provoke OA. Melee attacks have +1 reach.
Stalking Panther Form: When in beast form, +5 to Stealth and +4 to initiative.
Venom Hand Master: Attacks ignore poison resistance and immunity.
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against immobilized or slowed targets.
Wild Elf Luck: +1d4 on elven accuracy reroll.
pre:
Watchful Cobra (Fey Beast Companion)
HP:  33/62	        AC:   34
Speed: 8, climb 6	Fort: 34
Initiative: 16          Ref:  36 
Perception: 37          Will: 32

MBA: Melee 1; One Creature; +26 vs AC, Hit: 1d8+10
Aura 1 Enemies in the aura can't gain CA. 

Wahad fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 13, 2018

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

"Insult me all you like, devil," he snarls. "I will be remembered for much more than my words!"

Marcus quickly steps between the party and Asmodeus, holding his mighty shield aloft and letting the magic forged within it absorb the cold for his comrades. The heat scorches his shield arm, but he grits his teeth and thinks of everything he has to protect in order to power through the pain. Above all else, he must not let Gladys suffer here.

When the onslaught is finished, Marcus is ready with a barrage of his own, one of music! Exchanging his smoking and steaming shield for his new hellfire lute, green flames begin to dance around him as he plays angry stacatto notes on the strings. To accompany the music, he sings a dark and terrible ballad, that evokes all the awe-inspiring imagery from Merritt's furious denouncement, in every language Marcus knows. The guttural words flow together perfectly though, and create an atmosphere of inevitable triumph for his allies and inevitable doom for his enemies.

Before turn: Take 28 fire damage, and 4 ongoing
Immediate Interrupt: Vortex Shield on Cone of Cold When targeted with a burst or blast attack. The enemy takes
-4 on the attack roll against all other targets in the burst or blast, bringing his totals to 43 43 29 33 28 34
If I'm reading correctly, this makes the attack miss Artheon, Gladys, and Arka!

• Spending an Action Point! Every ally within 5 squares of me gains +5 to attack and damage rolls until end of my next turn. I also gain +5 thunder damage on melee attacks until the end of the encounter from adamantine hide gloves.
• Minor action: Majestic Word on Silenna and Merritt (2 targets from Supreme Majesty)
They can spend a healing surge and heal Majestic Word on Silenna and Merritt: 4d6+7 21 extra damage.
They can also make a saving throw with +5!
• Move: -> Minor: Battle Chant: Marcus and everyone in Close Burst 10 gains +2 power bonus to attack rolls against Asmodeus until end of my next turn
• Standard: Use Deflect Attention, Deflect Attention attack: 1d20+27 45 vs Will, hit!
Deflect Attention damage: 2d6+12 22 damage
Effect: Merritt is invisible to Asmodeus until end of my next turn
• Extra Standard: Use Vicious Mockery, Vicious Mockery Attack: 1d20+27 46 vs Will, hit!
Vicious Mockery damage: 2d6+8 15 damage
Effect: Asmodeus takes -2 to attack rolls until end of my next turn
• Free Action: Hellfire Lute power: Grant an ally a healing surge. That ally may make a melee basic attack or a ranged basic attack, changing all damage to Fire damage.
Special: May spend a healing surge, gaining no healing. If so, target gets a +4 item bonus to the granted attack.
I am using the healing surge effect, on Merritt.
Free Action: The other Hellfire Lute power to give Merritt +1 on his attack.
• Save vs. Fire damage: Normal Save vs. ongoing fire: 1d20 6 Fail

Don't forget everyone! You have +7 to attack and +5 to damage for your next attacks.

pre:
Marcus   						 
HP: 100/132 (06 temp)	AC:   36 	Passive Insight: 42
Surges: 11/12 (V: 33)	For:  34 	Passive Perception: 25
Initiative: +11		Ref:  34
Speed: 6		Will: 39	Action Points: 0        
Languages: All of them                  Vision: Normal

Vicious Mockery         [ ] Use Vulnerability           [ ] Verse of Triumph
Staggering Note		[ ] Words of Friendship         [ ] Wail of Anguish    
Wail of Anguish Attack  [x]  [ ]  [ ]  Majestic Word	[ ] Increasing the Tempo     
                        [x] Deflect Attention           [ ] Visions of Victory
                        [ ] Victorious Smite            [ ] Song of Courage
                        [ ] Earthquake Strike           [ ] Despana's Strategem
                        [ ] Word of Vulnerability       [ ] Echoing Steps
                        [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Veil
                        [x] Battle Chant                [ ] Lessons of History
                                                        [ ] Haste
MBA: Lilting Songblade +4, +27 attack, 2d8+7, +5 Thunder
Crits: +4d10
Item Powers
[ ] Lilting Songblade (Daily)
[ ] ESP Medallion (Encounter)
[x] Adamantine Hide Gloves (Daily)
[x] Circlet of Mental Onslaught (Daily)

Conditionals (shortened this list a bit to only the most essential)
Resists: 1 all
Virtue of Valor: Once per round when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or drops an enemy to 0 HP,  Marcus can 
spend a free action to give that ally 10 temp HP, and he gains the same amount.
Agile Opportunist: When Marcus is subjected to forced movement into a square adjacent to an enemy, he can 
make an MBA as an immediate reaction.
Opportunistic Withdrawal: Moving doesn't provoke an OA from enemies Marcus has CA against.
Resourceful Leader: When an ally Marcus can see spends an action point, their extra action gains +7 damage on a 
hit or adds 7 temp HP on a miss.
Vortex Shield: Immediate interrupt when targeted with a burst or blast attack. The enemy takes 
-4 on the attack roll against all other targets in the burst or blast. (Daily)
Dwarven Greaves: Immediate interrupt when hit by a power that has a push, pull, or slide effect. Marcus 
negates the forced movement. (Daily)
Battle Song Expertise: Marcus adds +1 to the number of squares he can push, pull, and slide creatures.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 27, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Briefly chilled before Marcus' intervention and thoroughly immolated, Gladys stands resolute, feeling her blood boil. "I'd think you above all others might fear that Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned, Asmodeus." A flood of primordial flame and shadows explodes from the saintly healer in a flash, her silhouette visible for a moment before it clears. Taller, imposing, visceral. Gladys' horns have grown into a thick curled set of ram's horns, bones and spike erupting from her forehead and collar-bone at random, wicked points rising from her shoulders. She tugs at her collar and loosens her robe a little, standing on reversed shins with obsidian hooves and letting the imperial mass of devilish bone breath freely around her neck.

Gladys raises a finger and points at Asmodeus, the diabolical effects receding as her halo manifests even brighter. It floods out and bathes her allies in divine light before they separate and coalesces briefly upon her finger before surging to her eyes and mouth. <"Abandoned"> The scholar utters the sum genius of her lifetime of research, a fragment of a sentiment of a feeling of the very fabric of Creation. In an instant, Asmodeus is ripped from the security of the raw power of the plane, severed from what divinity in the cosmos grants his soul a place in it!

Standing her ground, the monstrous Gladys serenely laces her fingers together in prayer, passing on divine grace to Marcus and Merritt in her stead, choosing remaining on fire.

tl;dr: Merrit's Cone of Cold Debuff is Saved against, Marcus regains 15 HP, everybody has power bonus of +2 AC and Resist All 5. Asmodeus has Vuln 17 and cannot regain HP UEOMNT.

Standard: Divine Armor, all Allies have +2 AC and Resist 5 All Damage UEOEncounter
Action Point: Sever the Source. Auto-Hit. Asmodeus has Vulnerability 17 and cannot regain HP
Passive: Gain a Move Action for a different Round
Minor: Diabolical Soul, gaining Regeneration 6, +5 Fire Resistance, +2 Damage
Move->Minor: Stream of Life, gaining Ongoing 5(Save Ends) for rest of Encounter and choice to Save against Damage or Not in exchange for granting Heals based off this

End of Turn: Choose to Save on Stream, Save Fails. Take 5 Damage, Regen 6, Grant 15 HP to Marcus.
Save vs Fire Succeeds, Choose to remain on Fire! Per Saving Grace, grant a +7 Save to Merrit vs Cone of Cold, Succeeding.

pre:
Saint Gladys of Sune  						 
HP: 115/128             AC:	38(40)	Passive Insight: 34
Surges: 10/10 (V: 32)	For:	33	Passive Perception: 27
Initiative: +20		Ref:	32	Action Points: 0
Speed: 6		Will:	39      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Giant, Draconic, Goblin	
DR 5, FR 20, Regen 6, Stream, Banked Move, Slowed(USOMNT Asmo), Ongoing 5(Save Ends), Ongoing 5 Fire(Save Ends)

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Astral Seal             [ ] Second Wind            [ ] Word of Comfort
Sacred Flame            [ ] Hymn of Resurgence     [ ] Dismissal
Change Armor            [ ] Remorse                [X] Stream of Life
                        [X] Sever the Source       [ ] Radiant Armor
                        [ ] Prophecy of Doom       [ ] Brilliant Censure
                        [ ] [ ] [ ] Healing Word   [ ] Good Omens
                        [ ] Healer's Mercy(Ch)     [ ] Moment of Peace
                        OR                         [X] Hammer of Fate [X]
                        [ ] Favor of the Gods(Ch)  [X] Diabolic Soul [ ] Wrath
                        [ ] Shining Symbol         [X] Divine Armor
                        [ ] Divine Favor(I)        [ ] Gloves of Healing(I)
                                                   [ ] Calling(I)
                                                   [ ] Flight(I)
                                                   [ ] Sovereign(I)
                                                   [ ] Timeless(I)
                                                   [ ] Guardian(I)
                                                   [ ] Respite(I)
                                                   [ ] Sustenance(I)

Healing Word: Surge + 8d6 + 1d6(1) + 9
Healing Surges: +5 Healer's Implement, +3d6+4 Pacifist Healer, +1d6 Healer's Gloves(One Target)
Target Gains: +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT
Last Legion Officer: When Ally Heals off spent Surge, Shift 1 or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT

Implement: +25, +27(Astral Seal), +1 vs Bloodied, Crits +5d6
Melee: +21, 2d4+7     Ranged: +15

Passives:
Resists: Fire 15, Necrotic 21
Foresight: Allies within 5 cannot be surprised. Rolls Initiative twice.
Prophetic Action: Action Point grants a Move Action for a different round.
Terrifying Insight: Roll twice against Will. If both miss, Daze self UEOMNT.
Ordained: Adjacent Allies get +1 to Saves.
Saintly Grace: Cannot be Dominated. Dominates only Daze.
Pacifist: If damaging a Bloodied enemy, Stun self UEOMNT.
Superior Will: Save at start of turn to undo Stun/Daze.
Focused Mind: +4 to Saves against Stun/Daze.
Eye of Judgement: Roll twice on Insight.
Saving Grace: On Save Success, forgo the Save to let an Ally within 5 Save at +7.
Supreme Healing: Healing Word targets two.
H. Symbol Expertise: After using Implement Attack, cannot grant CA USOMNT.
Ring of Flight: No Fall Damage, always land on feet.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 21, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

Breaking to the right, Arka narrowly avoids a jet of fire, and Marcus's quick thinking saves her from the worst of the follow-up frost. To repay him, she launches an arrow at Asmodeus in time with the bard's cutting words. Coming to a stop much soon than she hoped, she none-the-less plants her feet and takes aim at the lone archdevil. Taking a single inward breath she clears her mind as she has done near countless times in her many lives.

Letting the breath go in a slow exhale, she grasps the first arrow from her quiver. In the space of an eye blink she looses it, and before another blink can complete, two of its brothers join it. Like an owl swooping suddenly on unsuspecting prey, three talons lacerate the vile fiend, hitting with enough force to momentarily stagger him. But this is not enough for the hunter; another three arrows take flight, finding their marks despite the staggering prey, piercing his legs with brutal precision. Finishing the exhale, several arrows later, she smiles at the familiar feeling of battle... Selune preserve her, but this was home.

------

Reaction: - when Marcus casts VM - Combined Fire vs AC: 1d20+35 46, hit 3d12+25 34 damage
Move: to K7
Minor: Quarry Asmo
Standard: Confounding Arrows (attacks only) vs AC: 3#1d20+37 42, hit 57, crit 40, hit - because all 3 hit, he takes 2W additional, and is stunned (save ends)
Damage expression, minus crit: 4d12+84 112 + Crit (Vuln, Weapon, +Crit Bonuses) + Quarry + SA: 54+16+5d6+3d6+5d6 110 damage
Action Point: Pounding Barrage vs AC (attacks only): 3#1d20+37 49, hit 38, still a hit 39, hit - because all 3 hit, he takes 1d6 additional, and is immobilized (EOMNT)
Damage Expression: 3d12+126+1d6 141 damage
Action Point Benefit: Arka enjoys an additional +5 AC vs. Opportunity Attacks until EOE
Total Damage: 397 damage

------

pre:
Arka

HP : 130/130 (THP: 06)  Passive Insight    :  28     Defense Sets :  AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 10/10 ( V:32 ) Passive Perception :  35     1 Base          38/35/37/35
Initiative : +28        Vision :  Darkvision         2 Range >= 5    42/39/41/39
Speed : 10 (Fly 6)                                   3 Adjacent      40/37/39/37
Action Points : [0]                                  4 OAs           42/37/39/37

At Will
Twin Strike         Nimble Strike         Hunter's Quarry
Nature's Mask

Encounter
[ ] Manticore Spikes       [ ] Warding Shot         [x] Pounding Barrage
[ ] Guidance of the Past   [x] Combined Fire        [ ] Invigorating Stride
[ ] Resume the Hunt        [ ] Archer's Glory       [ ] Second Wind
[x] Sneak Attack

Daily
[x] Attacks on the Run     [x] Confounding Arrows   [x] Unrestrained Aggression
[ ] Quarry's Bane          [x] Howling Winds        [x] Stealthy Escape
[ ] Verdant Flames

Items:
[ ] Raven Queen's Shroud (Encounter, Minor)
[x] Raven Queen's Shroud (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Premonition Ring (Daily, No Action)
[ ] Boots of Dancing (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Ioun's Revelation (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Sehanine's Mark (Daily, Reaction)
[ ] Bracers of Archery (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Gloaming Armor (Encounter, Standard)
[ ] Unfettered Thieves' Tools (Daily, Standard)

Passives:  
Elusive      :  +2 saves vs. immob, restrain, slow, and escape
Timeless     :  Count as Fey, Shapechanger, Magical Beast, Humanoid, Shadow type
Hunter's Aim :  Ignore cover and concealment vs. Quarry targets
Willful      :  Saves vs. Daze/Stun at start of turn
Dancing      :  Do not grant CA when dazed
Archer       :  Can designate 6 Quarries, gain CA vs. Isolated, Deaf, Immob, Slow or Weakened

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

"Then I shall begin with you!" Merritt retorts. He covers himself with his wings to protect himself from the fire and cold, with assistance from Gladys. He shakes off the ice and fire and points his sword at Asmodeus once more, his blade a blinding bright white. He rushes towards Asmodeus with a divine and otherworldly fury, turning his skin a shimmering red. He summons strength from Torm to guide his blade, a golden heavenly aura swirling around him and his weapon. He strikes at Asmodeus with a prodigious blow. His fury does not end here! He strikes again, re-injuring the same spot. "Surely you can harm me with more than words and idle threats!"

Move: to G5
Minor: Divine Challenge vs Asmodeus (10 radiant damage if broken)
Free: Lawbreaker's Doom vs Asmodeus (I deal +4 extra damage and Asmodeus is slowed UEOMNT)
Standard: Avatar of Undaunted Bravery vs AC: 1d20+28+7 51 4d12+16+5+17 65

Action point!

Standard: Castigating Strike vs AC: 1d20+28+7 37 3d12+16+5+17 67

miss, therefore spending a healing surge to re-roll:
Castigating Strike vs AC (reroll): 1d20+28+7 53

Edit, MBA from Marcus:
Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+28 44 2d12+16 24

pre:
Merritt Carlisle   						 
HP:  133/151 (THP:)		AC:  38		Passive Insight: 33
Surges: 11/13 (V: 42)		Fort: 36	Passive Perception: 26
Initiative: +17			Ref:  32	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6 (Fly 8)		Will: 34	Vision: normal
Languages: Common, Elven, Supernal

Resists/Immunities
Resist 15 Fire, Resist 15 Radiant
Immune to fear

Basic Attacks
MBA: 1d20+28; 2d12+16

Powers

At-Will
Divine Challenge		Holy Strike			Ardent Strike

Encounter
[x] Action Point		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Heroic Effort
[ ] Channel Divinity		[ ] Virtue			[ ] Shield of Discipline
[ ] Benediction			[ ] Red Death			[ ] Guardian's Counter
[x] Lawbreaker's Doom		[ ] Dispensed Justice		[x] Castigating Strike
[ ] Mark of Terror		[ ] Strength from Valor		[ ] Battle Awareness

Daily
4/4 Virtue's Touch		[ ] Divine Aegis		[x] Avatar of Undaunted Bravery
[ ] Wheel of Fate		[ ] Blood Oath Fulfilled

Item Powers
[x] Hellfire Fullblade (Recharge 6)
[ ] Dwarven Legion Plate Armor +5 (Daily)
[ ] Amulet of Life +4 (Encounter)
[ ] Helm of Teleportation (Encounter)

Reactions
Divine Challenge: Target takes 17 radiant damage first time per round
	that it targets any of my allies with an attack power that doesn't include
	me
Divine Sanction: Target takes 10 radiant damage first time per round
	me
Battle Awareness: 1/encounter make imm. interrupt MBA against adjacent
	enemy that shifts or doesn't include me in attack
Guardian's Counter: An ally within 2sq of me is hit by an attack and I'm
	not included in the attack: The ally and I shift up to 2 sq as a free
	action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack,
	in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, I can make a BA against
	the attacker
Benediction: An ally within 5sq hits with a melee attack: The target can
	either spend a healing surge or make two damaage rolls for the attack
	and use either result

Class/Path/Destiny Features
Guardian: Choose one creature to be my bonded charge. If an enemy attacks
	them, I gain +1 to attack against them USO the enemies NT.
Immobilizing Action: WHen you take an action point to attack a
	lawbreaker's doom target, immobilize target on hit
Strength of Conviction: Gain 10 + StrMod (7) THP when I reduce
	lawbreaker's doom target to 0 hp
Angelic Nature:

Feats
Two-Handed Weapon Expertise: +3 to damage on charge attacks
Heavy Blade Mastery: Crit with heavy blade weapon on 19-20
Bitter Challenge: Divine Challenge damage slows target UEONT
Mighty Challenge: Divine Challenge adds +Str mod radiant damage
Weakening Challenge: Weaken target for the attack when it takes damage
	from divine challenge or divine sanction
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Superior Will: Make saving throw to end stunned or dazed at start of turn
	even if not (save ends) effect
Honored Foe: Gain Wis mod THP when enemy marked by divine challenge or
	divine sanction damages me
Resurgent Attack: Gain +2 to next attack before EONT after I spend
	healing surge
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist Wis (4) all USONT when spending healing 	surge

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 17, 2018

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

"Heh, impressive," Asmodeus calmly says in response to your strike. He slowly lifts his Ruby Rod above his head. Suddenly, you hear a loud crash as you are all instantly teleported into an extremely dark room, presumably somewhere inside of the fortress. Dull red flames illuminate the obsidian pillars and statues of devils along the walls. The floors are pitch black and the air is silent save for Asmodeus' heavy breathing. He then slams his ruby rod into the ground. A burst of pure force blasts from the ground. Though they are able to avoid most of it, Merritt and Silenna are still staggered backwards as an aura of pure force surrounds Asmodeus, shielding him from further attacks. He then aims his rod directly at Arka. "Obey," he says calmly, and, though it does not seem to have the full effect, Arka is still clearly reeling from the command.

Asmodeus:
Recharge: 1d6 3
Instinctive Action: Clear Stunned condition
Standard: Sphere of Force vs Reflex (Arthion, Merritt): 62#1d20+27-2 34-2=32 36-2=34 -- 3d8+19 26 Force - Hit: Target is pushed 3 squares and immobilized UEOMNT Miss: Half damage and target is pushed 1 square (Arthion to D13, Merritt to E13). Effect: Asmodeus gains +2 to Defenses and Resist 13 All USOMNT. Effects that normally bypass resistance do not bypass this resistance.
(I accidentally rolled 6 dice instead of two... just use the first two results!)
Action Point: Demand Submission vs Will (Arka): 1d20+27-2 31 2d12+20 35 Psychic -- Hit: Target is Dominated (save ends) Miss: Target is Dazed (save ends)
Saving Throw (vs Daze): 1d20+5 22

Asmodeus: Damage Taken: 622 AC/F/R/W: 38/36/36/37 40/38/38/39 [Hard Resist 13 All]

Aura of Doom: Aura 3, Enemies cannot regain hit points or gain temporary hit points while in the aura. The aura is disabled while Asmodeus is Dazed, Stunned or Dominated.
Action Recovery: Whenever Asmodeus ends his turn, any dazing, stunning, or dominating effects on him ends.
Instinctive Action: Before his turn, Asmodeus can use a free action to take any at-will action. If he cannot make this attack due to a stunning or dominating condition, that condition ends instead.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

Marcus is only momentarily confused by the change in scenery, but richly sung words of encouragement are already leaving his mouth before he actually feels encouraged. Bardic instincts die hard.

Start of turn: take 5 fire damage
Standard->Minor: Use Song of Courage- Zone 5 around Marcus, allies within the zone gain +1 power bonus to attack rolls.
Move: ->Minor: Unequip Vortex Shield
Minor: Draw Lilting Songblade

Recharge Hellfire Lute power 1: 1d6 3 Does not recharge
Recharge Hellfire Lute power 2: 1d6 5 Does not recharge
Save vs. ongoing fire: 1d20 7 Still on fire!

pre:
Marcus   						 
HP: 115/132 (01 temp)	AC:   3635 	Passive Insight: 42
Initiative: +11		Ref:  3433

[ ] Deflect Attention           [ ] Visions of Victory
                        [ ] Victorious Smite            [x] Song of Courage
                                                        [ ] Haste
Item Powers

Virtue of Valor: Once per round when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or drops an enemy to 0 HP,  Marcus can 
Agile Opportunist: When Marcus is subjected to forced movement into a square adjacent to an enemy, he can 
Opportunistic Withdrawal: Moving doesn't provoke an OA from enemies Marcus has CA against.
Resourceful Leader: When an ally Marcus can see spends an action point, their extra action gains +7 damage on a 
Vortex Shield: Immediate interrupt when targeted with a burst or blast attack. The enemy takes 
Dwarven Greaves: Immediate interrupt when hit by a power that has a push, pull, or slide effect. Marcus 
Battle Song Expertise: Marcus adds +1 to the number of squares he can push, pull, and slide creatures.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 17, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Delicately withdrawing twin supplies from her robes using her newly clawed hands, Gladys readies a delicate vial of ghostly blue ichor and holds it in her left hand, then raises and brandishes a lovingly gilded portrait of a beautiful woman with flowing red hair. The symbol manifests vivid flames of red heat that soon build up and spread across the air in rapid jumps, finding Asmodeus and scorching ever so slightly. In the wake of the rare offensive discharge Gladys draws off the infernal fire clinging to Marcus, seizing it in her symbol's hand and smothering the two within her palm, pressed to her own heart. She smiles and begins a prayer, trying to overcome the manifest malice of Asmodeus' aura to save her friends.

Minor: Draw a Potion of Spectral Form.
Standard: Sacred Flame hits Asmodeus for 18 Radiant Damage (5 after Resists) and grants a Save to Marcus, clearing his flames.
:siren: This Heal only Activates and Resolves assuming the Aura of Doom can be dropped otherwise I will X it out. :siren:
Move -> Minor: Healing Word on Silenna and Merritt. Surge + 44 to Merritt, Surge + 39 to Silenna. When Healed they may choose to Shift 1 or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT. They both gain +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT.
Banked Oracle Move: Move to G15

End of Turn: Take 5 Damage and restore 15 HP to Marcus. Save vs On Fire Fails. Save vs Stream Fails.

pre:
Saint Gladys of Sune  						 
HP: 111/128             AC:	38(40)	Passive Insight: 34
Surges: 10/10 (V: 32)	For:	33	Passive Perception: 27
DR 5, FR 20, Regen 6, Stream,Ongoing 5(Save Ends), Ongoing 5 Fire(Save Ends)

Astral Seal             [ ] Second Wind            [ ] Word of Comfort
                        [X] [ ] [ ] Healing Word   [ ] Good Omens
                                                   [ ] Calling(I)
                                                   [ ] Flight(I)
                                                   [ ] Sovereign(I)
                                                   [ ] Timeless(I)
                                                   [ ] Guardian(I)
                                                   [ ] Hellfire Bracers(I) and [ ] (Recharge 6)
                                                   [ ] Sustenance(I)

Healing Surges: +5 Healer's Implement, +3d6+4 Pacifist Healer, +1d6 Healer's Gloves(One Target)
Target Gains: +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT
Last Legion Officer: When Ally Heals off spent Surge, Shift 1 or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT

Passives:
Saving Grace: On Save Success, forgo the Save to let an Ally within 5 Save at +7.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 21, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

As Asmodeus levels his rod, Arka tucks herself into a defensive roll, avoiding the worst of it. When she stands up she is shaken for only a moment, and immediately looses a pair of arrows at him from her new angle - though neither seems to do much against whatever infernal magic he enacted. Obey? she asks herself, Has no one ever taught this boy manners? Time for grandmother to intervene. Focusing on Selune's grace she readies herself for a better shot.

------
Save vs Daze: 1d20+2 13
Move: to I7 via Invigorating Stride, using Second Wind - effectively negating his previous action
Minor: Raven Queen's Shroud on Asmo
Standard: Twin Strike (attacks) vs AC: 2#1d20+32 41, hit 42, hit
Twin Strike (x2) damage: 4d12+3d6+40 66 (Shroud reroll = 12) = 77 damage, or 51 damage, after resists

------

pre:
Arka

HP : 130/130 (THP: 00)  Passive Insight    :  28     Defense Sets :  AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 10/10 ( V:32 ) Passive Perception :  35     1 Base          38/35/37/35
Initiative : +28        Vision :  Darkvision         2 Range >= 5    42/39/41/39
Speed : 10 (Fly 6)                                   3 Adjacent      40/37/39/37
Action Points : [0]                                  4 OAs           42/37/39/37

At Will
Nature's Mask

Encounter
[ ] Manticore Spikes       [ ] Warding Shot         [x] Pounding Barrage
[ ] Guidance of the Past   [x] Combined Fire        [x] Invigorating Stride
[ ] Archer's Glory         [x] Second Wind          [x] Sneak Attack

Daily
[ ] Verdant Flames

Items:
[ ] Raven Queen's Shroud (Encounter, Minor)

Passives:  
Timeless     :  Count as Fey, Shapechanger, Magical Beast, Humanoid, Shadow type
Archer       :  Can designate 6 Quarries, gain CA vs. Isolated, Deaf, Immob, Slow or Weakened

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

Arthion takes the blast admirably, circling around the archdevil while he is distracted by the others. Then, at once, he charges, biting Asmodeus in the leg, while a glob of poison is fired from across the battlefield at the same time. A firebolt follows it up, but even under the combined assault Asmodeus manages to dodge it admirably.

Before My Turn: Heal for 52 on Marcus' turn, get a save vs ongoing fire at 1d20+5=10. Collective bonuses from other effects not yet cashed in: +7 to attack, +5 to damage, 4 vulnerability on Asmodeus. (17-13).

My turn
Free: Assassin's Shroud on Asmodeus.
Move: Arthion to B6, avoiding OAs. Silenna moves to C17-D18.
Standard: Arthion charges to D10, attacking Asmodeus at 1d20+34=40. Hit for 1d8+15=25 after vulnerability. Fazing Fangs vs Asmodeus at 1d20+36=39. Hit for 3d8+12=36 poison damage after vulnerability. Asmodeus is dazed (save ends). He also takes 10 poison damage every time he attacks while he is dazed.
Minor: Hellfire Launcher at 1d20+36=37. Miss.

Other: Heal 70 from Gladys, back up to full. I choose to gain the +2 bonus to AC/Ref.

pre:
Silenna   						 
HP: 125/125 (0)	        AC:   33 	Passive Insight: 33
Surges: 6/8 (V: 31)	For:  31 	Passive Perception: 35

Chill Wind		[ ] Claws of Retribution       [X] Fazing Fangs
                        [ ] Feywild Sojourn            
                        [ ] Infiltrating Drone         
                        [ ] Predator's Flurry
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [X] Serpent's Dash
                        [ ] Sudden Bite

Item Powers
    Hellfire Launcher (At-Will)
[X] Hellfire Launcher (Recharge 5, 6)
[ ] Hellfire Launcher (Recharge 6)

Conditionals
Enraged Boar Form: When in beast form, +1 to attack and +2 to damage rolls on charge.
While you are in Large beast form, you get a +2 bonus to damage rolls and speed. 
Pouncing Form: When using wild shape to change into beast form, you can shift 6 squares.
Primal Resurgence: Once per day, when you become bloodied, you may regain use of a used primal daily power.
Ruthless Killer: When hitting target with grasping claws, can choose to immobilize.
Staff Expertise: Ranged and Area attacks do not provoke OA. Melee attacks have +1 reach.
pre:
HP:  25/62	        AC:   34

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Merritt calls out a prayer, mocking Asmodeus' pure evil, to brace himself and his friends. "Torm's hand shall gird us against this evil!" With strengthened resolve guiding him, he swings a heavy blow on Asmodeus. He strikes soundly, but is dulled by his defenses.

Minor: Divine Aegis - until stance ends, I and any allies within 2 squares gain an untyped +2 to defenses
Move to E11
Standard: Holy Strike vs AC: 1d20+28 45 2d12+16+4 30 = 17 damage

pre:
Merritt Carlisle   						 
HP:  151/151 (THP:)		AC:  38		Passive Insight: 33
Surges: 10/13 (V: 42)		Fort: 36	Passive Perception: 26

Resists/Immunities
Immune to fear

Basic Attacks

Powers

At-Will

Encounter

Daily

Item Powers

Reactions
	me
	me
	the attacker
	and use either result

Angelic Nature:

Feats
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Superior Will: Make saving throw to end stunned or dazed at start of turn
	even if not (save ends) effect
Honored Foe: Gain Wis mod THP when enemy marked by divine challenge or
	divine sanction damages me
Resurgent Attack: Gain +2 to next attack before EONT after I spend
	healing surge
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist Wis (4) all USONT when spending healing 	surge

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

"Hah, you still think you have a chance, don't you?" he asks. "You won't survive much longer." He turns towards Merritt. "Obey," he states, pointing his rod at him, entrancing him. He then uses the rod to unleash a blast of cold, at Arka, Merritt and Marcus, though it doesn't seem to hit for it's full effect. He turns to Arka again. "No. You. Will. Obey," he says, calmly but forcefully, taking control of her as well. Though he is stung by all of the actions he takes, he does not outwardly react to the poison beyond a slight gritting of teeth.

Asmodeus:
Recharge (Sphere of Force): 1d6 2
Recharge (Cone of Cold): 1d6 5
Instinctive Action: Demand Submission vs Will (Merritt): 1d20+27 46 2d12+20 28 (One target in CB15) Hit: Target is Dominated (save ends) Miss: Target is Dazed (save ends) (Asmodeus takes 10 damage from attack)
Standard: Cone of Cold vs Fortitude (Merritt, Marcus, Arka): 3#1d20+27 36 32 33 4d12+19 33 (Asmodeus takes 10 damage from attack)
Action Point: Demand Submission vs Will (Arka): 1d20+27 37 2d12+20 39 Hit: Target is Dominated (save ends) Miss: Target is Dazed (save ends) (Asmodeus takes 10 damage from attack)
Free: Diabolic Effort: Add 1d4+1 3 to the result of any roll. Adding on to the above Demand Submission attack roll on Arka. That turns the roll into a 40.
Saving Throw: 1d20+5 7

Asmodeus: Damage Taken: 786 AC/F/R/W: 38/36/36/37 [Dazed]

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Startled, Gladys sets across the room in a bold dash, her hooves stamping against the cold stone in frantic stomps. Appearing the archdevil wasn't as fun for her as it might be for Asmodeus... but drawing her hands together in sincere prayer, Gladys intends to spoil his game. She calls upon a moment of mental clarity and peace and wishes good intentions into her precious owl and trusted friend!

"No!" Seeing no response from her ensorcelled friends, Gladys reaches to either of her forearms and draws her hands across the wicked Hellfire Bracers in a rash action, slashing her palms open on the 'ornamental' spikes. She channels the still radiant power of Lady Sune into her passionate prayers for the safety of her friends and infuses that with the wicked grandeur of Mephisto's craft, her lost blood steaming as it falls to the stone! In a radiant burst she infuses Arka with power enough to immediately dispel the Domination and mend her wounds!

Bringing her bleeding palms together Gladys prays serenely, still aflame, still pulling from an inner reserve. She smiles through the pain and faces Asmodeus with closed eyes, speaking at a measured pace as though teaching one of her children a wry lesson. "Is this more of a chance than you would wish permitted?"

Move: Move to G9
Standard: Word of Comfort in CB2, granting Saves and 5 HP to Meritt and Arka. Saves are Duds.
Minor: Healing Word on Merrit and Arka, expending 2 of my own Healing Surges while doing so via Hellfire Bracers to grant them +4 to the Saves. Both cleared!

Heal Arka for 40 + Surge and grant her +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT and choice of Shift 1 or +2 AC/Reflex USONT.

Heal Merritt for 32 + Surge and grant him +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT and choice of Shift 1 or +2 AC/Reflex USONT.

End of Turn: Take 5 Damage and restore 15 HP to Marcus. Save vs On Fire Succeeds. Save vs Stream Fails. Gladys can grant a Save to somebody with a +7 Bonus. If there is nothing to clear, Gladys finally stops being on fire.

pre:
Saint Gladys of Sune  						 
HP: 112/128             AC:	38(40)	Passive Insight: 34
Surges: 8/10 (V: 32)	For:	33	Passive Perception: 27
DR 5, FR 20, Regen 6, Stream,Ongoing 5(Save Ends), Ongoing 5 Fire(Save Ends)

Astral Seal             [ ] Second Wind            [X] Word of Comfort
                        [X] [X] [ ] Healing Word   [ ] Good Omens
                                                   [ ] Calling(I)
                                                   [ ] Flight(I)
                                                   [ ] Sovereign(I)
                                                   [ ] Timeless(I)
                                                   [ ] Guardian(I)
                                                   [ ] Hellfire Bracers(I) and [ ] (Recharge 6)
                                                   [ ] Sustenance(I)

Passives:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 21, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Arka - PDF

Asmodeus's prodigious will threatens to overwhelm her, but Selune's quicksilver guile, and Sune's ever-warm embrace blot out any dominance he is able to exert, leaving Arka momentarily shaken, but still coherent enough to Tsk at the churlish child before loosing her next volley, landing another few reasonable shots into the already scarred hide.

------
Save benefit: +2AC/Ref
Standard: Spikes of the Manticore (attacks) vs AC: 2#1d20+31 42, hit 48, hit
Damage: SotM (damage): 3d12+44+3d6 79 (shroud rerolling the 1 to an 11) 89 damage
------

pre:
Arka

HP : 130/130 (THP: 00)  Passive Insight    :  28     Defense Sets :  AC/FT/RF/WI

At Will
Nature's Mask

Encounter
[x] Manticore Spikes       [ ] Warding Shot         [x] Pounding Barrage
[ ] Guidance of the Past   [x] Combined Fire        [x] Invigorating Stride
[ ] Archer's Glory         [x] Second Wind          [x] Sneak Attack

Daily
[ ] Verdant Flames

Items:
[x] Raven Queen's Shroud (Encounter, Minor)

Passives:  

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Silenna

The circlet suffused with her serpentine form makes an eerie glow appear on Silenna's forehead, as a searing blast of hellfire engulfs Asmodeus. But the devil shrugs it off, as with Arthion's quick lash. Another, smaller bolt he simply bats aside. Hissing furiously, she creeps closer and throws up a swarm of lesser snakes. The creatures don't harm him, but one gets close enough to impose Silenna's will on the Lord of the Ninth. <"Perhaps it is you who should obey."> comes the telepathic missive.

Hellfire Launcher recharges the minor action.
Standard: Hellfire Launcher vs Reflex at 1d20+29=32. Miss. Arthion attacks at 1d20+26=37, also missing.
Move: to B14-C15.
Minor: Hellfire Launcher vs Reflex at 1d20+29=35, missing again.

ACTION POINT!

Standard: Infiltrating Drone Close Blast 3 B11-D13 vs Reflex at 1d20+29=33. Miss. Secondary attack vs Fort at 1d20+29=39. Hit, so Asmodeus is dominated UEOMNT, and the aura turns off. Asmodeus also takes ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends). Arthion attacks a second time at 1d20+28=42. Hit for 1d8+10=14 damage.

pre:
Silenna   						 
HP: 125/125 (0)	        AC:   33 	Passive Insight: 33
Surges: 6/8 (V: 31)	For:  31 	Passive Perception: 35

Chill Wind		[ ] Claws of Retribution       [X] Fazing Fangs
                        [ ] Feywild Sojourn            
                        [X] Infiltrating Drone         
                        [ ] Predator's Flurry
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [X] Serpent's Dash
                        [ ] Sudden Bite

Item Powers
    Hellfire Launcher (At-Will)
[X] Hellfire Launcher (Recharge 5, 6)
[X] Hellfire Launcher (Recharge 6)

Conditionals
pre:
HP:  25/62	        AC:   34

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Arch-Bard Marcus's PDF

Marcus's song intensifies as he steps into the melee himself! He misses with his own attack, but the distraction creates a perfect opening for Merritt!

Move: to E-12
Minor: Sustain Song of Courage (+1 to allies' attack rolls within 5 squares of me)
Standard: Visions of Victory Visions of Victory attack: 1d20+28 33 vs AC, miss
Miss effect: As a free action, an ally adjacent to the target can use an at-will melee attack power, hitting automatically. Merritt, I choose you!

Hellfire Lute power 1 recharge: Recharge Hellfire Lute power 1: 1d6 1
Hellfire Lute power 2 recharge: Recharge Hellfire Lute power 2: 1d6 1

pre:
Marcus   						 
HP: 130/132 (01 temp)	AC:   3635 	Passive Insight: 42
Initiative: +11		Ref:  3433

[x] Deflect Attention           [x] Visions of Victory
                        [ ] Victorious Smite            [x] Song of Courage
                                                        [ ] Haste
Item Powers

Orbs fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

No fluff, just trying to keep combat moving

Standard: Holy Strike vs AC: 1d20+28 37 2d12+20 25
Free: Holy Strike vs AC: 1d20+28 40 2d12+20 33

pre:
Merritt Carlisle   						 
HP:  151/151 (THP:)		AC:  38		Passive Insight: 33
Surges: 10/13 (V: 42)		Fort: 36	Passive Perception: 26

Resists/Immunities
Immune to fear

Basic Attacks

Powers

At-Will

Encounter

Daily

Item Powers

Reactions
	me
	me
	the attacker
	and use either result

Angelic Nature:

Feats