Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Sevit Axalethris, Duchess of Kethendi, Admiral of the Adamant Fleet, Breaker of Ulash-Nar
(PDF) (Orokos)

First thing the next morning, a sharp tap, tap, tap at the shrine's entryway alerts the party to their new member's arrival. They find a svelte, tangerine-scaled dragonborn standing there, dressed smartly in a long, sleek black naval coat with buttons shaped like eyes, bearing an insignia with four platinum stars. Both her hands rest on a polished ebony cane with a golden topper shaped like a cornugon's curved horn. As the party comes upon her, she's looking around at the shrine's outer arch around her, admiring the ornate, ancient design.

"I think I could travel the planes forever and still not run out of beautiful sights to see." She says as way of greeting, still admiring the architecture. "Believe it or not, I'd never even heard of this place." She turns to her welcoming party, gazing on each in turn with eyes that shine with the stars' radiance. "Sevit Axalethris." She gives a little bow. "Most recently Admiral of the Adamant Fleet, though I tend to collect names in my travels. The cosmos called me to this place - that, and a letter with a detailed map." With a wink, she continues. "I've been told a bit about your mission, including that you could use a hand. Mind if I come in?"

Wol fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jun 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Sevit Axalethris, Duchess of Kethendi, Admiral of the Adamant Fleet, Breaker of Ulash-Nar
(PDF) (Orokos)

"Speaking of beautiful sights. I'm glad to be welcomed by you, Gladys Adler." Sevit takes in the divine tiefling who's come to welcome her. She accepts the gentle hand on her back and falls into step with Gladys, allowing herself to be led inside by this gentle creature. A moment later, though, the spark of recognition ignites. Sevit does a double take, turning to her guide once again. "Wait a minute. Gladys Adler. I know that name." As she looks into the tiefling's eyes once more, Sevit realizes she knows her face, too. "You were aboard the Skyfire in the Slaying of the Messemprar Kraken. I never got to thank you for the lives you saved that day. Not to mention a bit of my own hide." Sevit runs a clawed finger along her right cheek where the kraken's tentacle had struck her nearly senseless, and where she'd surely have a nasty scar if not for Gladys's healing skill. The memory brings a smile to her face. Any thought of the pain had long since faded away, replaced by the joy at having woken to a tender healing touch and the glory of victory over the beast. "So, thank you. I look forward to returning the favour."

As she's led further into the shrine, Sevit finds herself greeted by the bard of legend, Marcus Gellantara - someone she never in her wildest imagination thought she might see here. "Charmed," she replies suavely, managing to keep her cool for the briefest of seconds. Then, in disbelief, she finds herself repeating his name out loud. "Marcus Gellantara. I never thought I'd actually meet you. I..." At a rare loss for words, she blurts out somewhat lamely, "I love your work." She continues, "Your tales are one of the few things I bring with me no matter where I travel. I'd love to hear some of them from the bard himself."

Silenna is the next new companion for Sevit to meet, and the first she turns out not to really know. At the druid's final comment, Sevit offers a roguish grin. "I never know what I'm getting into. That's why it's so important to get into it." Seeing no hint of a smile on Silenna's face, she adds, "I've been briefed. But hearing is one thing and experiencing is another, isn't it?"

To Arka, Sevit gives a bow. Her body language is formal, but curiosity dances in her eyes. "I look forward to meeting the hunter behind the legends." She leaves it there for now. She's very interested in how Arka herself compares to the myriad and often contradictory stories about her, but the suspense is always the most exciting part of mystery. She's in no rush to spoil it for herself.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

"Well met to you too, Commander Carlisle. Our ambassador to Baldur's Gate was one of the many you personally saved in the Siege, so I've heard your tales as well. Count me impressed."

Sevit receives Sune's hug gladly. She's not normally all that much of a hugger, but how does one turn down a warm embrace from the goddess of love? The offer of breakfast is also welcome, and she tucks in with gusto. It had been a long hike through the Lost Peaks, as the urging of secrecy had seen her forgo her usual flying ship. She hadn't walked that long of a distance in some time. Though she didn't by any means hurry as fast as she could go (the scenery wasn't going to stop and see itself, after all), she finds herself now having worked up quite the voracious appetite. "My compliments," she offers after finishing her breakfast, with a politesse that only somewhat offsets her ravenous feasting. When the usual meal-time small talk starts dying down, Sevit is the first to turn the conversation toward business. "After meeting with Elminster on my way up, I spent some time meditating, looking for guidance on what move to make next. Each of our targets, at the moment, is a grasping eddy in the cosmic stream." She frowns. "It didn't give me a clear path of action. I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone here that each of these gods' menace will only grow if left alone. Thinking about it practically, though, I'd cast my vote for Bane. A military thrives on preparation. By the time they decide to strike, almost all of their work will already have been done. A cunning commander, by the time they reach the battlefield, will have an efficient plan of attack drilled to perfection, fall-back strategies for when things don't go to plan, and contingencies for when those strategies fail. And Bane, well, 'cunning' doesn't begin to cover him. If we let him choose his battlefield, there won't be much we can do that he won't answer. If we attack him first, though, if we force a battlefield of our choice...he'll still have plans, he'll still be dangerous. But so are we. And we'll have a much better shot at him than if we wait."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

"You didn't...travel across the world on horses, did you?" Sevit looks amused. "That must have taken some endurance. I, on the other hand," Sevit pauses to produce a small glass cube from her pocket, "never go anywhere without my ship." Suspended in the cube is a tiny astral schooner with a draconic angel figurehead set in adamantine, what one might initially assume to be a model. "I promise she's bigger than she looks. Built by the Adamant Fleet, infused with speed by Akadi's elemental air, and thanks to a clever bit of modron ingenuity she never has to leave my side. Fly we shall, but in comfort and style if I have anything to say about it."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

"She's called the Auspice. If we shrank down to fit her at that size..." Sevit laughs. "Maybe we could defeat Bane from the inside out. I bet somewhere, in some corner of the planes, there's some mad wizard who's dedicated their life to just that. Fortunately for our travel time, though, we'll be staying the same size. We'll have to leave the shrinking plan for another day."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Sevit thoroughly enjoys Marcus' antics on the flight over. She's swapped enough stories with leisure ship sailors to have heard this particular first-time passenger indulgence viciously mocked, but with Marcus, it somehow manages to come across as charming.

After the party disembarks, a thought returns the ship to its pocket-sized cuboid form. Inside Mulmaster, Sevit follows Marcus' lead, trusting in his familiarity with the place. The eventual proposed plan of stealth sits well with her. The whole point of them being here is to strike at Bane when he isn't expecting it. In order for that to work, he'll have to keep not expecting it. The idea of sneaking through a sewer, though, she agrees to somewhat more begrudgingly. "The heroes in your songs don't usually do their heroic deeds while covered in poo poo. This is one of those times where you use the old 'bardic license', I hope?" There's a teasing element to her tone, but the complaining is genuine. Nonetheless, she goes along with it. Along the group's odorous odyssey, she uses her cane to probe unpleasant patches of her path before proceeding. She comes out the other end relatively untarnished as a result, but still a little bitter for having had to have done it.

To Silenna's plan, Sevit adds, "We'll want to make for the Banehold right away once we have the focus. If we keep any surviving clerics incapacitated, all the better. The less active Bane's lines of communication, the easier this'll be."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Sevit follows right on Merritt's heels, eminently ready to throw down with the Banites. When the congregation immediately turns on them, she's ready. The power of the sun begins to radiate from her as combat breaks out, spontaneously combusting the acolyte who tried to come at her. The oppressive presence of Bane tries to close around her nonetheless - but without hesitation, she roars a word of ancient arcane power, causing radiant draconic wings to erupt from her back. The wings carry her around the edge of the battle, deftly dodging between a couple more Banites. The wings' heat immolates another acolyte and sears the paladin - a pain that only intensifies when Sevit opens her mouth, engulfing the paladin in a stream of radiant flame.

Floating next to the paladin, flapping splendorous radiant wings and with the charred remains of two acolytes in her wake, Sevit bellows, turning the entire room's attention to her. A few of the congregation - the head cleric especially - are shaken to their core by the display of draconic fury. Unwilling to stop there, Sevit taps into the demonic frenzy she's learned to harness from deep inside her - a frenzy that cascades from her so forcefully that the entire room feels it. All feel a little more on edge, a little more prone to violence - but it's Sevit who strikes first, conjuring flaming shackles around the head cleric and around the paladin next to her. She pulls through the arcane fabric. The cleric suddenly disappears, leaving a flickering tongue of flame in her wake - and reappears right between Sevit and Merritt, the flaming shackles now forming a chain between her and the paladin.

"What makes you think your master can lay a finger on Torm, priestess - when the infinity of the cosmos bears down upon him?" Sevit floats menacingly above the cleric: Radiant wings spread, scales shining with a preternatural lustre, her cane like a sceptre of judgement that threatens to crush the Banites beneath the weight of her condemnation.

Start of Turn: E6 minion next to me takes 7 fire+radiant damage (KO).

Standard Action: Radiant Wings! Fly 7 squares to D9, avoiding OAs. E8 minion takes 7 fire+radiant damage (KO), as does Blue Paladin. Attack: Range 5 (no OA) targeting Blue Paladin. 38 vs. Ref (hit); 50 fire+radiant damage.
Minor Action: Turn on Defender Aura.
Minor Action: Dragonfear. Close burst 10 targting I7 minion: 27 vs. Will (miss). H8 minion: 45 vs. Will (hit). Blue Paladin: 36 vs. Will (miss). Purple Paladin: 39 vs. Will (hit). F16 minion: 28 vs. Will (miss). Cleric: 43 vs. Will (hit). Range 10 (no OA) targeting Blue Paladin
Hit targets (H8 minion, Purple Paladin; Cleric) take -2 to attack rolls and grant CA UEoMNT. Cleric is dazed UEoMNT.
Teleport to D10 (Traveler's Tricks).
ACTION POINT!
USoMNT, I and all allies gain +3 to attack rolls, and enemies gain +3 to attack rolls against me.
I gain resist 10 fire until the end of the encounter.
Chains of Fire. Ranged 10 (no OA) targeting Blue Paladin. 44 vs. Ref (hit). Cleric: 45 vs. Ref (hit). Hit targets take 39 fire damage. Teleport cleric to E9. UEoMNT, Cleric and Blue Paladin take 1d10 fire damage the next time they're more than 3 squares apart.
Free Action: Gloves of Astral Quickness. Minor Action: Draconic Majesty. Create a zone of fear in a Close burst 3 UEoMNT that moves with me. The zone is difficult terrain for enemies, and while within the zone, any enemy takes -7 to attack rolls.

Positional Summary: E6 and E8 minions KOed, I'm at D10, Cleric is at E9.

Sevit Status:
Phase of the Sun; Champion's Countenance; Defender Aura; Resist 10 fire
UEoMNT: Demon Fury; Draconic Majesty

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 
HP: 139/139 (00 THP)	AC:   39 	Passive Insight: 23
Surges: 7/7 (V: 35)	Fort: 39 	Passive Perception: 28
Initiative: +14		Ref:  33        Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will: 43        Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common; Draconic; Primordial 
Resists: 15 cold (Sun) / psychic (Moon) / radiant (Stars)
Immune: Blinded
Saving Throws: +2

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Blazing Starfall        [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Glacial Armour
Dragonfrost	        [X] Dragonfear                  [ ] Day and Night    
Defender Aura           [ ] Righteous Radiance	        [X] Radiant Wings
Sea Legs                [X] Chains of Fire              [ ] Swords of the Marilith
                        [ ] Stalking Frost              [ ] Rock Armour
                        [ ] Sun and Stars               [ ] Chaos Link
                        [ ] Demon-Soul Bolts            [ ] Platinum Scales
                        [ ] Sudden Scales               [ ] Demonic Wrath
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            
                        [ ] Quickened Spellcasting    

MBA: +30 vs. AC, 2d8+14 damage.
RBA: Dragonfrost: +29 vs. Fort; 2d8+35 cold damage. Push 1 square.
Crit: +5d10 damage; target blinded USoNT.
Item Powers
[ ] Sandals of Avandra (At-will): Shift half my speed.
[ ] Essence of the Wisp (At-will): Immediate Reaction as below.
[ ] Sandals of Avandra (Encounter): Don't provoke OAs UEoMNT.
[ ] Phylactery of Action (Encounter): Reroll saving throw vs certain effects.
[X] Gloves of Astral Quickness (Encounter): Free Action -> Minor Action if not dazed or stunned.
[ ] Gloves of Astral Quickness (Encounter): Immediate Interrupt as below.
[ ] Belt of the Witch King (Daily): When bloodied, +HP 2x level of unused arcane power.
[ ] Ring of Personal Gravity (Daily): Self and adjacent enemies slowed/immobilized.
[ ] Folding Astral Skiff (Daily): Unfolds into astral skiff.

Immediate Actions (descending priority; only at-wills will react to / target minions)
-- When hit, if negates: +3 to Ref and attacks vs Ref UEoMNT (Enc [Gloves of Quickness])
-- When hit, if negates: +4 to all defs against the attack (Enc [Sudden Scales])
-- When hit in 1st turn, if negates: +7 to all defs until end of encounter (Day [Platinum Scales])
-- When hit by area/close attack, if enemy in area: attack also hits enemy (Day [Chaos Link])
-- When hit by a ranged attack: Pull the attacker 2 squares (A-W [Essence of the Wisp])

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
After a rest, choose a phase. Phase must change the first time I am bloodied in an encounter.
Phase may change when I use a daily arcane attack power.
Phase of the Sun
 -- Start of Turn: Each adjacent enemy takes 7 fire and radiant damage.
 -- On-hit with Blazing Starfall or Dragonfrost: Roll a saving throw.
Phase of the Moon
 -- +AC equal to the number of adjacent conscious enemies.
 -- On-hit with Blazing Starfall or Dragonfrost: Gain concealment UEoMNT.
Phase of the Stars
 -- When an attack misses me, teleport 7 squares as a free action.
 -- On-hit with Blazing Starfall or Dragonfrost: Become insubstantial UEoMNT or until hit.

Champion's Countenance
While I'm at max HP, allies who can see me gain +2 to Fort, Ref and Will.

Action Point
Demon Fury: USoMNT, I and all allies gain +3 to attack rolls and enemies gain +3
to attack rolls against me.
Demonskin Tattoo: Resist 10 acid / cold / fire / lightning / thunder until end 
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features
Mettle: No damage from missed Fort/Will attack.
Greater Armour of Eyes: Do not grant CA for being flanked.
Ring of Personal Gravity: Reduce forced movement by 1.
Portal Mastery: 1/day, on death, regain half HP and disappear. Reappear on any 
plane on any permanent teleportation circle whose sigil sequence I have memorized.

Other Active Features
Mariner L1: While aboard a ship, +2 to skill checks related to life at sea.
Mariner L10: Ignore difficult terrain while shifting.
War Wizardry: Against allies, arcane spells take -5 to attacks and deal half damage.
Superior Will: Roll saving throw against daze/stun at start of turn, even if effect
doesn't allow a saving throw.
Hero's Poise: On saving throw success, allies within 5 who can see me gains +8 to
saving throws USoMNT.
Portal Mastery: 1/day, use Linked Portal or Planar Portal with no components.
Traveler's Tricks: On natural 18+ attack roll, teleport 5 squares after the attack.

Wol fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 13, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

The cleric's spell threatens to compel Sevit. However, just as Bane's imperious command would find purchase, protective draconic magic swirls around her. In the moment, the dismissive look she shoots the cleric evokes an ancient dragon being pleaded at by some gormless adventurer. Her gaze follows the cleric as she attempts to flee. She's forced to tear her attention away, however, to deal with the approaching paladin. With a flap of her radiant wings, she dodges their blow - but their divine challenge isn't so easily avoided. No matter, she thinks.

"You want my attention?" A cocky grin spreads across Sevit's face. "Alright, then. Watch this." Her form blurs as she swoops toward the struggling Banite cleric. As her spread wings slow her to a halt, she crosses her arms in front of herself, head bowed slightly as she whispers an arcane phrase from the Elemental Plane of Water. With no further warning, the temperature in the room around her momentarily drops near absolute zero, sucking the air out of the Banites' lungs and covering them in a layer of penetrating frost. Without missing a beat, Sevit taps into a lingering mote of the arcane energy she just unleashed, turning it into a hole in space that she uses to transpose herself across the room. From anyone else's perspective, she's just suddenly about 25 feet away, with no indication as to why. It all seems perfectly natural to her, though, and she flies off toward Silenna's side of the battle, trusting the rest of the team to finish off their frozen foes. A scouring radiant heat announces her presence across the nearest paladin's back.

"Been a minute." Sevit gives Silenna a little wink. "Thought I'd check in."

Immediate Interrupt: Sudden Scales against cleric's attack, causing it to miss.
Start of Turn: Blue paladin takes 7 fire+radiant damage.

Move Action: Sandals of Avandra. Shift to E12.
Standard Action: Stalking Frost. Close burst 3 targeting Purple Paladin: 41 [+CA] vs. Fort (hit). Blue Paladin: 42 vs.Fort (hit). Cleric: 49 [+CA] vs. Fort (hit).
Hit targets take 43 cold damage (+17 to cleric for vuln), and if they do not end their next turn at least 4 squares away from where they started it, they take 10 cold damage.
Free Action: Traveler's Tricks. Teleport to I17.
Minor Action: Radiant Wings. Fly 7 squares to M23. Lime Paladin and Red Paladin take 7 fire+radiant damage.
Quick reminder that Lime & Red Paladin are now in my Defender Aura and can be punished by Righteous Radiance.

Damage Summary: 60 damage to Cleric (KO). 50 damage to Blue Paladin. 7 damage to Lime Paladin. 43 damage to Purple Paladin. 7 damage to Red Paladin.

Sevit Status: Phase of the Sun; Champion's Countenance; Defender Aura; Resist 10 fire
Others' Status: Stalking Frost on Blue Paladin, Purple Paladin

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 

Defender Aura           [ ] Righteous Radiance	        [X] Radiant Wings
Sea Legs                [X] Chains of Fire              [ ] Swords of the Marilith
                        [X] Stalking Frost              [ ] Rock Armour
                        [ ] Demon-Soul Bolts            [ ] Platinum Scales
                        [X] Sudden Scales               [ ] Demonic Wrath
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers
[X] Gloves of Astral Quickness (Encounter): Free Action -> Minor Action if not dazed or stunned.
[ ] Belt of the Witch King (Daily): When bloodied, +HP 2x level of unused arcane power.
[ ] Ring of Personal Gravity (Daily): Self and adjacent enemies slowed/immobilized.

Immediate Actions (descending priority; only at-wills will react to / target minions)
-- When hit, if negates: +3 to Ref and attacks vs Ref UEoMNT (Enc [Gloves of Quickness])
-- When hit, if negates: +4 to all defs against the attack (Enc [Sudden Scales])
-- When hit in 1st turn, if negates: +7 to all defs until end of encounter (Day [Platinum Scales])
-- When hit by area/close attack, if enemy in area: attack also hits enemy (Day [Chaos Link])
-- When hit by a ranged attack: Pull the attacker 2 squares (A-W [Essence of the Wisp])

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
After a rest, choose a phase. Phase must change the first time I am bloodied in an encounter.
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars
 -- On-hit with Blazing Starfall or Dragonfrost: Become insubstantial UEoMNT or until hit.

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
Demon Fury: USoMNT, I and all allies gain +3 to attack rolls and enemies gain +3
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features
plane on any permanent teleportation circle whose sigil sequence I have memorized.

Other Active Features
War Wizardry: Against allies, arcane spells take -5 to attacks and deal half damage.
Superior Will: Roll saving throw against daze/stun at start of turn, even if effect
Hero's Poise: On saving throw success, allies within 5 who can see me gains +8 to
saving throws USoMNT.
Traveler's Tricks: On natural 18+ attack roll, teleport 5 squares after the attack.

Wol fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 20, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Silenna

Hiss

Free from Marcus: Grasping Claws. Melee touch targeting Lime Paladin: 41 [+CA] vs. Ref (hit). Use Earthquake Strike bonus: 47 damage. Lime Paladin is immobilized UEoMNT as long as it is adjacent to me, and knocked prone.

Free Action: Assassin's Shroud on Red Paladin.
Standard: Constricting Coils, invoking 2x Assassin's Shrouds. Melee 1 targeting Red Paladin: 44 [+CA] vs. Ref (hit). 62 damage. I grab Red Paladin. UEoMNT, while I'm grabbing it, I gain a +5 power bonus to all defenses, and any attack that misses me hits Red Paladin.
Artheon. Melee 1 targeting Red Paladin: 51 [+CA] vs. AC (CRIT!). Use Earthquake Strike bonus: 33 damage. Red Paladin is knocked prone.

Damage Summary: 47 damage to Lime Paladin. 95 damage to Red Paladin.

UEoMNT, +5 power bonus to all defenses, and any attack that misses me hits Red Paladin.
Until the end of the encounter, enemies can't shift while adjacent to me.

pre:
Silenna   						 
HP:  122/140 (0)	        AC:   37 	Passive Insight: 35
Surges: 6/8 (V: 35)	For:  34 	Passive Perception: 37
Initiative: +18		Ref:  37 	Vision: Low-light	
Action Points: 0  	Will: 40	        
Languages: Common, Elven                Speed: 9 (walk, swim)

Assassin's Shroud       [ ] Blinding Swarm            [X] Clinging Drones
Chill Wind		[X] Camouflage Cloak          [ ] Fazing Fangs
Grasping Claws         	[ ] Claws of Retribution      [ ] Jaws of Ice
Savage Rend             [X] Constricting Coils        [ ] Primal Lion
Wild Shape              [ ] Darting Viper             [ ] Wall of the World
                        [X] Elven Accuracy            
                        [ ] Feywild Sojourn       
                        [ ] Infiltrating Drone 
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Serpent's Dash
                        [ ] Warding Wind

Item Powers
[ ][ ] Diamond Cincture (At-Will)
[ ] Gloves of the Serpent (Encounter)
[ ] Marauder's Armor (Daily)
[ ] Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor (Daily)
[ ] Staff of the Serpent (Daily)

Conditionals
Badge of the Berserker: Charges don't provoke OAs.
Danger Sense: Roll twice for initiative.
Demonskin Tattoo: When you spend an AP, gain resist 10 of your choice UEOE.
Enraged Boar Form: When in beast form, +1 to attack and +2 to damage rolls on charge.
Fey Beast Tamer: CA against enemies in your companion's aura. 
Communicate normally with your companion and other creatures of the same kind.
Magnificent Beast: Can choose to become large when wild shaping to beast form. 
While you are in Large beast form, you get a +2 bonus to damage rolls and speed. 
Marauder's Armor: On charge, you get +3 AC UEOYNT.
Pileus Helm: Telepathy 5, resist 10 necrotic, resist 10 poison, +4 to saves vs necrotic and poison. 
Pouncing Form: When using wild shape to change into beast form, you can shift 6 squares.
Primal Resurgence: Once per day, when you become bloodied, you may regain use of a used primal daily power.
Quick Wild Shape: Wild Shape as free action on your turn.
Ring of Aquatic Ability:  Breathe underwater. Upon reaching milestone, swim speed doubles.
Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor: +3 damage to close attacks.
Ruthless Killer: When hitting target with grasping claws, can choose to immobilize.
Immobilize lasts UEOYNT or until you are no longer adjacent.
Serpent Form: When in beast form, you get resist 15 poison and +5 to Stealth.
Silt Striders: +1 item bonus to speed. Ignore difficult terrain on sand/silt/dirt. 
Leave no tracks in that terrain. Move across/stand on non-solid horizontal surfaces.
Snake Fang Action: When you spend an AP to make an attack, 
each target hit by that attack takes 10 ongoing poison damage (save ends).
Sovereign's Charge: Once per encounter on a beast form charge, use encounter instead of MBA. 
On hit, target is also prone. 
Staff Expertise: Ranged and Area attacks do not provoke OA. Melee attacks have +1 reach.
Stalking Panther Form: When in beast form, +5 to Stealth and +4 to initiative.
Swift Predator: +1 speed and +1 square to shift in beast form. 
Venom Hand Master: Attacks ignore poison resistance and immunity.
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against immobilized or slowed targets.
Wild Elf Luck: +1d4 on elven accuracy reroll.
pre:
Watchful Cobra (Fey Beast Companion)
HP:  70/70	        AC:   37
Speed: 8, climb 6	Fort: 37
Initiative: 18          Ref:  39 
Perception: 29          Will: 35

MBA: Melee 1; One Creature; +29 vs AC, Hit: 2d8+10
Aura 1 Enemies in the aura can't gain CA. 

Wol fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jul 21, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Sevit finally takes a hit from one of the Banites. It does nothing to shake her supreme confidence, however, as they continue by the second to wither under the energy cascading from her. With a flick of her wrist, a star's radiance lances from the heavens to strike the ground in front of her. As it explodes into a ring of flame, searing the two paladins in front of her (and bending flawlessly around the nearby Artheon), she's already casting her next spell. An abyssal bolt flies from her hand, striking the paladin who challenged her squarely in the chest and knocking them through the dancing flame. A second one flies out but finds no purchase, and a third snakes around the paladin to smash into the back of their leg, driving them back into Silenna and Sevit's proximity.

Opportunity Action: Righteous Radiance when Red Paladin attacks Silenna. Red Paladin takes 17 radiant damage.
Start of Turn: Lime Paladin and Red Paladin take 7 fire+radiant damage.

Minor Action: Radiant Wings. Lime Paladin and Red Paladin take 7 fire+radiant damage.
Minor Action: (Quickened Spellcasting) Blazing Starfall. Area burst 1 within 10 targeting Lime Paladin: 39 vs. Ref (hit). Red Paladin: 44 [+CA] vs. Ref (hit). Artheon: 31 [-5] vs. Ref (miss).
Hit targets take 39 radiant damage. N22-P24 becomes a zone bounded by burning ground UEoMNT. The first time each turn an enemy leaves the zone, it takes 7 fire damage.
Standard Action: Demon-Soul Bolts. Ranged 10 targeting Lime Paladin: 41 vs. Fort (hit). Lime Paladin takes 39 thunder damage and is slid to O21, taking 7 fire damage from Blazing Starfall. Ranged 10 targeting Lime Paladin: 34 vs. Fort (miss). Ranged 10 targeting Lime Paladin: 41 vs. Fort (hit). Lime Paladin takes 38 thunder damage and is slid back to N22.

Damage Summary: 137 damage to Lime Paladin. 70 damage to Red Paladin (KO).

Sevit Status: Phase of the Sun; Defender Aura; Resist 10 fire

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 
HP: 104/139 (00 THP)	AC:   39 	Passive Insight: 23

Defender Aura           [X] Righteous Radiance	        [X] Radiant Wings
                        [X] Stalking Frost              [ ] Rock Armour
                        [X] Demon-Soul Bolts            [ ] Platinum Scales
                        [X] Sudden Scales               [ ] Demonic Wrath
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            
                        [X] Quickened Spellcasting    

Item Powers

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 30, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

“Well. So much for the element of surprise. Has Bane been watching you?” Sevit unfastens the holy symbol from the cleric’s neck and takes it, using her handkerchief as a barrier between it and her hand just in case. “If we’re lucky, though, he’ll still expect a little time before we’re right on his doorstep. I can get us there now if we can find the sequence to a Banehold teleportation circle. A place like this should have it written down somewhere - in the head cleric’s office, probably.” Sevit’s radiant wings dissipate. She climbs to her feet and, after straightening her coat, the tip of her cane hits the floor again with a familiar tik. “Let’s take a look,” she says, and heads off, her tail swishing behind her.

Perception: 21 to find where a Banehold teleportation circle sequence might be written down.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

“I’ll give you that point, Merritt!” Sevit calls from the other room. “Of course we’ll still see it through. Bane knowing about us just makes things a bit messier.” She gives the office another pass, keeping in mind Marcus’ advice about secret mechanisms.

Perception take 2, thanks Marcus: 39 to find where a Banehold teleportation circle sequence might be written down.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

"I could get used to such glowing words, Gladys. And eloquent, too. Are you sure Marcus is the only bard here?" Sevit gives Gladys a sly look. When the tiefling makes overtures toward tending to her wound, Sevit takes a deep breath and relaxes. This is far from her first time getting a limb mended like this. She gives a little grunt of pain as her shoulder is popped back into place, but nary a word of complaint.

With the cleric's little black book in her hand and a new lapis lazuli-inlaid platinum ring on her finger, Sevit gathers everyone around her once they're done healing, being healed, and catching their breath. "We have the way to Banehold. It'll take me a couple minutes to make the portal, but be ready. Once it's open, we'll have just enough time to get through."

Assuming we're taking a short rest, going to spend 1 healing surge to top myself up. Took the item Ring of Focus, which'll make sustaining powers less taxing. Also changed a couple other things about Sevit since LAY said I could: in short, I'm better at skills, my earth-shattering kabooms are more precise (and very occasionally bigger), and sometimes when i light on fire i can light even more on fire.

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 
Surges: 6/7 (V: 35)	Fort: 39 	Passive Perception: 28
Initiative: +12		Ref:  33        Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will: 42        Vision: Darkvision

Blazing Starfall        [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Slaad's Gambit
Dragonfrost	        [ ] Dragonfear                  [ ] Lightning Daggers
                        [ ] Divine Challenge	        [X] Radiant Wings
                        [ ] Blazing Corona              [ ] Swords of the Marilith
                        [ ] Chains of Fire              [ ] Rock Armour
                        [ ] Stalking Frost              [ ] Burning Bright
                        [ ] Sun and Stars               [ ] Platinum Scales
                        [ ] Demon-Soul Bolts            [ ] Demonic Wrath
                        [ ] Sudden Scales
                        [ ] Draconic Majesty            

Crit: +5d8 damage; target blinded USoNT.
Item Powers
[ ] Gloves of Astral Quickness (Encounter): Free Action -> Minor Action if not dazed or stunned.
[ ] Staff of the War Mage (Daily): Increase the size of a blast/burst power by 1.
[ ] Ring of Focus (Daily): 1/round until end of encounter, sustain minor as a free action.

Immediate Actions (descending priority; minions do not trigger)
-- When hit by enemy within 5, if avoids: teleport 5 and attack (Day [Slaad's Gambit])

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.
Sorcerous Flux: When attacking 2+ enemies, swap 2 attack rolls after rolling.

Wol fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 14, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

"I heard you were a great general," Sevit shouts back, stepping between the open gates. "But a great general doesn't throw their lieutenants' lives away so recklessly. You've had so long to plan and you're already reduced to sending your most trusted officers on a suicide mission? I'm disappointed." Sevit's scales still gleam as if under the brilliant noon-day sun. Radiant solar heat still emanates from her, diffusing the clinging, oppressive atmosphere of Banehold around her. "But if they follow your orders, we won't hesitate to give them the death you consign them to. Know that it only briefly delays your own."

Wol fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 14, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

"I'm charmed that you'd claim me, Tiamat." Sevit calls back across the bleak expanse. "But then we have so much in common, don't we? Unfathomable power, a love for treasure, an unquenchable sense of pride. I look forward to testing myself against you." At that, Sevit rushes toward her foe. As she moves in, she opens her mind to the energies of the cosmos. Even in a place like Banehold, a place characterized by order and oppression, such energies flow unhindered. She has but to tap into them - to concentrate on them - and they manifest. The sky opens to a realm of pure cosmic brilliance, the fabric of Banehold parting just enough to let a single ray shine through. It beams down on Tiamat, a spotlight carrying at once unbearable solar heat and penetrating lancets of starlight. The portal nearly closes as soon as it opens - but an arcane sleight of hand lets Sevit keep it open a moment longer, producing a miniature comet that crashes into Tiamat at terminal velocity, scattering fiery debris into the air around her. The lingering arcana once again lets Sevit slip through space herself, translocating her ever closer to her species' progenitor.

"Then again, maybe your pride isn't what it once was. How did the Queen of Dragonkind end up as a lackey? Even the youngest dragon has no use for tyrants. How can the mother of all dragons stomach the commands of someone like Bane?"

Move Action: to R38.
Standard Action: Sun and Stars. Ranged 20 targeting Tiamat: 49 vs. Fort (CRIT!). Tiamat takes 67 psychic damage and is slowed UEoMNT and blinded USoMNT. 36 [+CA] vs. Ref (Hit). Tiamat takes 39 radiant damage.
Free Action: Traveler's Tricks. Teleport to R33.
Minor Action: Quickened Spellcasting: Blazing Starfall. Area burst 1 within 10. 37 [+CA] vs. Ref (Hit). Tiamat takes 43 radiant damage. The burst creates a zone bounded by flame UEoMNT. The first time each turn an enemy within the zone leaves it, it takes 7 fire damage.

Damage Summary: 149 damage to Tiamat.

Sevit Status: Phase of the Sun; Champion's Countenance
Others' Status: Tiamat is slowed and in Blazing Starfall UEoMNT and blinded USoMNT

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 

[X] Sun and Stars               [ ] Platinum Scales
                        [ ] Sudden Scales
                        [ ] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers
[ ] Gloves of Astral Quickness (Encounter): Free Action -> Minor Action if not dazed or stunned.
[ ] Staff of the War Mage (Daily): Increase the size of a blast/burst power by 1.
[ ] Ring of Focus (Daily): 1/round until end of encounter, sustain minor as a free action.

-- When hit by enemy within 5, if avoids: teleport 5 and attack (Day [Slaad's Gambit])

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

In the stark light of Gladys' spell, Tiamat looks downright pedestrian. Without a second thought, Sevit presses the attack, sending a flurry of abyssal bolts streaking toward the dragon goddess. Only some connect, but Sevit's already putting the rest of the plan in motion. She breaks into a run and surges forward, only relenting when she's close enough to touch her foe. She has something else in mind, though - a plan swiftly revealed when she taps a thick onyx ring on her finger. Both Sevit and Tiamat suddenly feel a gravitational force much more akin to a dying star than that of the typical habitable plane. Neither is able to move much like this. Sevit, however, scales gleaming platinum from her earlier invocation against Tiamat's attack and emanating draconic splendour, looks in the much better position than the magically mundanified Tiamat.

Immediate Interrupt: Platinum Scales! I gain a +7 power bonus to all defenses until the end of the encounter.

Standard Action: Demon-Soul Bolts. Ranged 10 targeting Tiamat: 34 41 [+CA] [+Gladys Reroll] vs. Fort (Hit). Tiamat takes 55 thunder damage. 34 [+CA] vs. Fort (Miss). 41 [+CA] vs. Fort (Hit). Tiamat takes 58 thunder damage.
Move Action: Run to P24.
Minor Action: Ring of Personal Gravity. Tiamat and I are immobilized until I end the effect as a free action.
Free Action: Gloves of Astral Quickness. Minor Action: Draconic Majesty. Create a zone of fear in a Close burst 3 UEoMNT that moves with me. The zone is difficult terrain for enemies, and while within the zone, any enemy takes -7 to attack rolls.

Damage Summary: 113 damage to Tiamat.

Sevit Status: -5 attacks; +7 all defenses; Draconic Majesty; Granting CA; Immobilized; Phase of the Sun
Others' Status: Tiamat is immobilized until I end the effect.

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 
HP: 122/139 (00 THP)	AC:   39 	Passive Insight: 23

[X] Sun and Stars               [X] Platinum Scales
                        [X] Demon-Soul Bolts            [ ] Demonic Wrath
                        [ ] Sudden Scales
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers
[X] Ring of Personal Gravity (Daily): Self and adjacent enemies slowed/immobilized.

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Sevit blasts Tiamat with a ray of freezing magic.

Standard Action: Dragonfrost. Ranged 10 targeting Tiamat: 44 vs. Fort (Hit). Tiamat takes 58 cold* damage.

*Phase of the Sun: ignore 15 resist of cold damage.

Sevit Status: +7 all defenses; Immobilized; Phase of the Sun
Others' Status: Tiamat is immobilized until I end the effect.

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 
HP: 101/139 (00 THP)	AC:   39 	Passive Insight: 23

[ ] Sudden Scales
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers
[X] Ring of Personal Gravity (Daily): Self and adjacent enemies slowed/immobilized.

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

<"Don't move a muscle."> Sevit snaps back telepathically at Silenna. "Honestly, I thought he would have gone for the kill," she says out loud, her tone much more relaxed, yet with a hint of tension still evident. "I'm glad he didn't. Taking you down was fun, but like it or not, you're a part of me. I'd rather see you alive than dead." Sevit leans casually on her cane, but stays planted in place. Her ring's magic remains, preventing either her or Tiamat from moving much. "But I'd rather see you dead than under Bane's thumb. For pride's sake. For the sake of dragonkind. But also because we can't let Bane or any of his lackeys live. That much is not up for negotiation."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

When Sevit woke up this morning, she didn't imagine herself in this conundrum. Caught in a trawl like a common cod, tumbling across the dry dirt, snout bouncing painfully off a rock. For one so close to unlocking the secrets of multiversal travel, however, a little bodily constriction isn't much to fear. She relaxes and lets her mind expand outward, becoming one with her surroundings - and her opportunity opens up. At just the right moment, she sticks her foot out at just the right angle, hitting the ground with just the right momentum to propel her upward. Once more or less righted, a flick of her wrist brings a comet crashing down on the head of a nearby wagon and outrider. The spell's puissance echoes within her, and faster than anyone can blink, she's standing in the midst of the battlefield, upright, unentangled.

Sevit nonchalantly dusts off her lapel. "You thought to bring an army." She cocks an eyebrow at Fzoul Chembryl, wearing a wry smirk. "Look who's been listening to their teacher. You get full marks for effort." Then, without warning, her voice rises to an explosive roar, the embodiment of draconic fury. "But Bane never told you about me. There's not an army raised against me that hasn't been broken. Send all the soldiers you like; all will be but ash in my wake. Witness me!" She drives the butt of her cane into the ground, hissing an ancient Abyssal phrase. The air around her ripples, and the pale humanoid nearest her lets out a cry of pain as a gaping wound opens across its stomach. Further ripples begin to form, invisible blades slashing at Sevit's foes. The others swear they can just make out the outlines of half-humanoid, half-serpentine bodies slithering throughout the battlefield, poised to strike again.

Start of Turn: Phase of the Sun: Lime Minion & Lime Soldier take 7 fire+radiant damage.

Move Action: Stand up from prone.

Minor Action (Quickened Spellcasting): Blazing Starfall. Area burst 1 within 10. Target Fuchsia Minion (34 vs. Ref; Hit]); target Fuchsia Soldier (47 vs. Ref; CRIT!). Fuchsia Minion takes 41 radiant damage (KO). Fuchsia Soldier takes 67 radiant damage and is blinded USoMNT.
R34-T36 becomes a zone bounded by burning ground UEoMNT. The first time each turn an enemy leaves the zone, it takes 7 fire damage.
Saving Throw vs Restrained (Phase of the Sun): 2. Phylactery of Action reroll: 22. Arka, Gladys, Merritt, Marcus gain +8 to saving throws USoMNT!
Traveler's Tricks: Teleport 5 squares to P38.

Free Action (Gloves of Astral Quickness): Dragonfear. Close burst 10. Target Red Minion (33 vs. Will; Miss); Aqua Minion (46 vs. Will; Hit); Lime Soldier (32 vs. Will; Miss); Pink Minion (47* vs. Will; Hit); Pink Soldier (43 vs. Will; Hit); Fuchsia Soldier (36 [+CA]* vs. Will; Hit); Aqua Soldier (35 vs. Will; Miss).
Aqua Minion, Pink Minion, Pink Soldier take -2 to attack rolls and grant CA UEoMNT. Pink Soldier is Dazed UEoMNT.
*Sorcerous Flux: Attack rolls switched.

Standard Action: Swords of the Marilith. Close burst 4 (Staff of the War Mage). Target Aqua Minion (45 vs. Ref; Hit); Lime Soldier (34 vs. Ref; Hit); Pink Minion (48 [+CA] vs. Ref; Hit); Pink Soldier (42 [+CA] vs. Ref; Hit); Fuchsia Soldier (32 [+CA] vs. Ref; Miss).
Aqua Minion (KO), Lime Soldier, Pink Minion (KO), Pink Soldier take 46 damage.
R34-T36 becomes a zone of whirling blades UEoMNT (Sustain Minor). Enemies who start their turn in the zone take 1d6+8 damage. While in the zone, I and allies gain a +4 power bonus to AC.

Damage Summary: KO Aqua, Fuchsia, Lime, Pink Minions; 67 to Fuchsia Soldier; 53 to Lime Soldier; 46 to Pink Soldier.

Sevit Status: at P38; Phase of the Sun
Others' Status: Arka, Gladys, Merritt, Marcus: +8 to saving throws.
Fuchsia Soldier: -2 to attack rolls; Blinded; Grants CA.
Pink Soldier: -2 to attack rolls; Dazed; Grants CA.
Zones: Blazing Starfall R34-T36. The first time each turn an enemy leaves the zone, it takes 7 fire damage.
Swords of the Marilith L34-T42. Enemies who start their turn in the zone take 1d6+8 damage. While in the zone, I and allies gain a +4 power bonus to AC.

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 
HP: 82/139 (00 THP)	AC:   39 	Passive Insight: 23
Surges: 4/7 (V: 35)	Fort: 39 	Passive Perception: 28

[ ] Blazing Corona              [X] Swords of the Marilith
                        [ ] Sun and Stars               [X] Platinum Scales
                        [ ] Sudden Scales
                        [ ] Draconic Majesty            

Crit: +5d8 damage; target blinded USoMNT.
Item Powers
[X] Phylactery of Action (Encounter): Reroll saving throw vs certain effects.
[X] Staff of the War Mage (Daily): Increase the size of a blast/burst power by 1.

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 8, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Heels skimming across the dirt, with a fistful of net in her hand, Sevit just barely manages to stay upright while being dragged around. She wears a grin on her face, though - Marcus' furious strumming has quickened the blood running through her veins. The abyssal spell comes to her nearly unbidden. With a furious cry, she unleashes a salvo on the creature dragging her, flitting effortlessly across the battlefield as the bolts hit home. When the dust clears, the creature is far worse for the wear, off-balance and unable to see. Sevit stands some ways away, away from the still-raging battle, just a few feet in front of the dread Fzoul Chembryl.

"Hey, Fzoul." She tosses a measuring look over her shoulder at the exarch. "You ready to die?"

Immediate Interrupt vs Banefire Missiles: Sudden Scales. The attack misses.

Start of Turn: Phase of the Sun: Aqua Soldier takes 7 fire+radiant damage.

Standard Action: Demon-Soul Bolts. Target Aqua Soldier (54 vs. Fort; Hit); Aqua Soldier takes 44 thunder damage.
Traveler's Tricks: Teleport to Q36.
Target Aqua Soldier (50 vs. Fort; Hit); Aqua Soldier takes 45 thunder damage.
Target Aqua Soldier (57 vs. Fort; CRIT!); Aqua Soldier takes 72 thunder damage and is blinded USoMNT.
Traveler's Tricks: Teleport to P31.

Minor Action: Ring of Focus. Until the end of the encounter, I sustain Swords of the Marilith as a free action.
Free Action: Sustain Swords of the Marilith. Swap the effect to: Enemies who start their turn in the zone take 3d6+8 damage.
Minor Action: Divine Challenge to Fzoul Embryl. Fzoul Embryl is marked and takes 17 radiant damage for making an attack that doesn't include me.

Saving Throw vs. Ongoing Fire: 20

Damage Summary: 168 to Aqua Soldier.

Sevit Status: at P31; Phase of the Sun
Others' Status: Fzoul Chembryl: Divine Challenge!
Aqua Soldier: Blinded
Zones: Swords of the Marilith L34-T42. Enemies who start their turn in the zone take 3d6+8 damage.

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 
HP: 88/139 (00 THP)	AC:   39 	Passive Insight: 23
Surges: 3/7 (V: 35)	Fort: 39 	Passive Perception: 28

Dragonfrost	        [X] Dragonfear                  [ ] Lightning Daggers
                        [X] Divine Challenge	        [X] Radiant Wings
                        [X] Sudden Scales
                        [ ] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers
[X] Staff of the War Mage (Daily): Increase the size of a blast/burst power by 1.
[X] Ring of Focus (Daily): 1/round until end of encounter, sustain minor as a free action.
[X] Folding Astral Skiff (Daily): Unfolds into astral skiff.

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 14, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Sevit persists in the chase. A blast of flame at her feet propels her toward Fzoul, wrapping itself around her in a fiery wreath as she lands next to him. As she prepares to attack, draconic magic wells up within her, effusing imperious disdain that threatens to overwhelm the exarch and his remaining minion. Then, she lashes out with flaming chains - but while the scouring lash leaves its mark across Fzoul's flesh, the one aimed at the smaller creature flies wide, clattering harmlessly to the dirt.

Free Action: Sustain Swords of the Marilith.
Minor Action: Blazing Corona. Shift 3 squares to N34. UEoMNT, aura 1: Any creature that starts its turn in the aura takes 8 fire damage.
Minor Action: Draconic Majesty. Create a zone of fear in a Close burst 3 UEoMNT that moves with me. The zone is difficult terrain for enemies, and while within the zone, any enemy takes -7 to attack rolls.
Standard Action: Chains of Fire. Target Fzoul Chembryl (32 34[+3] vs. Ref; Hit [with Marcus bonus below]); target Red Minion (34 32 vs. Ref; Miss). Fzoul Chembryl takes 65 fire damage.

Damage Summary: 65 to Fzoul Chembryl.

Sevit Status: at N34; Blazing Corona; Draconic Majesty; Phase of the Sun
Others' Status: Fzoul Chembryl: Divine Challenge!
Zones: Swords of the Marilith L34-T42. Enemies who start their turn in the zone take 3d6+8 damage.
Draconic Majesty. Close burst 3 that moves with me. The zone is difficult terrain for enemies, and while within the zone, any enemy takes -7 to attack rolls.
Blazing Corona, aura 1: Any creature that starts its turn in the aura takes 8 fire damage.

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 
HP: 88/139 (00 THP)	AC:   39 	Passive Insight: 23
Surges: 3/7 (V: 35)	Fort: 39 	Passive Perception: 28

[X] Blazing Corona              [X] Swords of the Marilith
                        [X] Chains of Fire              [ ] Rock Armour
                        [X] Sudden Scales
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers
[X] Ring of Focus (Daily): 1/round until end of encounter, sustain minor as a free action.

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 22, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Sevit stands poised throughout Silenna's assault, ready to unleash another spell should Fzoul find some last reserves to fight back. When Silenna lets go and Fzoul hits the ground like a sack of potatoes, though, she relaxes. "Well struck," she says to the druid, giving a slight yet theatrical bow. She looks to the rest of her comrades next, standing throughout the wreckage of Fzoul's machines. "How're we all doing?" She calls over the debris. "All still in one piece? I'm sure Loviatar is just as eager to meet her fate."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

"I know a couple places in Gloomwrought that give the same kind of pitch. They're good, so if you're the goddess of this," Sevit pauses, smirking as arcane power rises within her, "I'm holding you to a very high standard." Her cane planted firmly on the ground in front of her, she closes her eyes for a moment, concentrating. Then, she lets loose. A maelstrom of magic bursts forth from her - abyssal, draconic, planar. In the same instant that her foes recoil at her presence, she's next to them, wielding a fiery chain that lashes across Loviatar's back. In the same instant, all surrounding her are rimed with a frost that feels like a thousand tiny daggers lancing through their skin. By the time Sevit is still long enough for anyone to see her, she's standing right in front of Loviatar, scales stony and tough - but gleaming beautifully like sculpted alabaster. Her expression is equal parts invitation and determination as she stands, a beacon of supreme confidence, staring down the Maiden of Pain.

ACTION POINT! USoMNT, I and all allies gain +3 to attack rolls and enemies gain +3 to attack rolls against me. UEoE, I gain resist 10 thunder.
Minor Action: Dragonfear (Close burst 10 vs. Will). Target G8 Priest (46; Hit), G12 Priest (37; Hit), Loviatar (52; Hit), O8 Priest (53; Hit), O12 Priest (42; Hit). All enemies take -2 to attack rolls and grant CA UEoMNT. G8 Priest is dazed UEoMNT.
Traveler's Tricks: Teleport to G11.
Traveler's Tricks: Teleport to H9.
Standard Action: Chains of Fire (Ranged 10 vs. Ref). Target Loviatar (44*; Hit), G8 Priest (35*; Crit Miss). G8 Priest takes 44 fire damage.
Standard Action: Stalking Frost (Close burst 3 vs. Fort). Target G8 Priest (49; Hit); G12 Priest (39; Hit); Loviatar (53; Hit). G8 Priest, G12 Priest, Loviatar take 42 cold damage and take a further 10 cold damage if they do not end their turn at least 4 squares from where they started their turn.
Traveler's Tricks: Teleport to J7.
Minor Action: Draconic Majesty. Create a zone of fear in a Close burst 3 UEoMNT that moves with me. The zone is difficult terrain for enemies, and while within the zone, any enemy takes -7 to attack rolls.
Free Action: Gloves of Astral Quickness. Minor Action: Rock Armour (Stance). Until the stance ends, I gain resist 8 and am slowed.

Damage Summary: 86 to Loviatar, 42 to G8 Priest, 42 to G12 Priest.
Sevit Status: Draconic Majesty; Phase of the Sun; Resist 8 all; Resist 10 thunder. Position: J7
Others' Status:
All allies: +3 attack rolls; Champion's Countenance (+2 Fort/Ref/Will)
All enemies: -2 attack rolls; +3 attack rolls vs. Sevit; Grant CA
G8 Priest: 10 cold damage EoT if not at least 4 squares from start of turn; Dazed
G12 Priest: 10 cold damage EoT if not at least 4 squares from start of turn
Loviatar: 10 cold damage EoT if not at least 4 squares from start of turn

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 
Surges: 2/7 (V: 35)	Fort: 39 	Passive Perception: 28

[X] Chains of Fire              [X] Rock Armour
                        [X] Stalking Frost              [ ] Burning Bright
                        [ ] Sudden Scales
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Nov 7, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Loviatar's whips come screaming through the air with terrible force. It looks like more than Sevit bargained for. "Ano-" Suddenly, she's across the room, next to the priest threatening Gladys. "-ther day, Loviatar." With her draconic magic having been turned against her, she's not feeling quite so confident at the moment. She settles for focusing on Loviatar's priests, bringing a comet down on one of their heads. Despite her diminished presence, she still manages to fix that priest with a steely gaze that demands their attention.

When hit by Lacerating Spin, immediate interrupt: Slaad’s Gambit (Ranged 5 vs. Will) Before the attack, teleport to G11. Target Loviatar (36[CA][Marc], miss). Loviatar takes 24[Marc] psychic damage.

Start of Turn: Aqua priest takes 7 fire+radiant damage.
Standard Action: Blazing Starfall (Area burst 1 within 10 vs. Ref). Target Lime Priest (38, Hit) Orange Priest (34, miss), Marcus (20, crit miss). Lime priest takes 47[Marc] radiant damage. N12-P14 becomes a zone bounded by flame UEoMNT. Any enemy that leaves the zone takes 7 fire damage.
Minor Action: Divine Challenge on Lime Priest. They are marked and take 17 radiant damage for making an attack that does not include me.

Damage Summary: 24 to Loviatar; 7 to Aqua Priest; 47 to Lime Priest
Sevit Status: Phase of the Sun; Resist 8 all; Resist 10 thunder. Position: G11
Others' Status:
All allies: Champion's Countenance (+2 Fort/Ref/Will)
Lime Priest: Marked (Divine Challenge)

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 

Blazing Starfall        [ ] Second Wind                 [X] Slaad's Gambit
                        [ ] Sudden Scales
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Nov 19, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Sevit takes a swing at her wide-open foe, but in what's becoming a frustrating regularity in this fight, she misses. Still, Marcus' distraction provides her the perfect opportunity to slip her bonds - and she follows up by dropping a comet on the priest's head, then blasting them away with a couple arcane bolts. The third goes wide, unfortunately. She doesn't quite manage to finish the job. She could stick around - but it seems like a waste of time when anyone else could do it much more easily. A jet of flame erupts from her feet and she blasts off toward Loviatar, leaving the priest stuck amidst the comet's flaming wake. When she arrives, the solar aura around her burns much brighter, radiating oppressive heat over the Goddess of Pain. "You can do what you want to me, but my friends didn't consent. You broke the most important rule!"

Saving Throw vs. Restrained granted by Marcus' Majestic Word: 20
Hero's Poise: All allies within 5 squares gain +8 to saving throws USoMNT!
MBA (Melee 2 vs. AC) granted by Marcus' Staggering Note: Target Aqua Priest (32, Miss).

Start of Turn: Aqua priest takes 7 fire+radiant damage.
Minor Action: Quickened Spellcasting: Blazing Starfall (Area burst 1 within 10 vs. Ref). Target Aqua Priest (35, Hit). Aqua Priest takes 40 radiant damage. F12-H14 becomes a zone bounded by flame UEoMNT. The first time each turn an enemy in the zone leaves it, it takes 7 fire damage.
Standard Action: Demon-Soul Bolts (Ranged 10 vs. Fort). Target Aqua Priest (30, crit miss), Aqua Priest (46; Hit), Aqua Priest (41; Hit). Aqua Priest takes 81 thunder damage and is pushed to H14.
Minor Action: Blazing Corona. I shift 3 squares to I8. UEoMNT, I have an an aura 1. Any creature that starts its turn within the aura takes 8 fire damage.

Damage Summary: 128 to Aqua Priest
Position Summary: Sevit: I8. Aqua Priest: H14.
Sevit Status: Blazing Corona; Phase of the Sun; Resist 8 all; Resist 10 thunder.
Others' Status:
Arka, Gladys, Merritt, Silenna: +8 to saving throws

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 

[ ] Sudden Scales
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Sevit extends a hand to the heavens. A cosmic ray beams down on command, its white-hot radiance lancing through Loviatar. It strikes true enough that the pain momentarily robs her of her sight - a detail Loviatar likely wouldn't complain about, but one Sevit hopes will hasten her doom. Sevit can be found a few feet away, leaning on an iron maiden, looking a bit surly. The Goddess of Pain seems to have hit a nerve.

Immediate Interrupt: When hit by Loviatar, use Sudden Scales. I gain +4 to all defenses against the attack, making it miss.

Start of Turn: Loviatar takes 17[GladVuln] fire+radiant damage.
Standard Action: Sun and Stars (Ranged 10 vs. Fort). Target Loviatar (36, miss).
Secondary Attack (Ranged 10 vs. Ref). Target Loviatar (49, CRIT!) Loviatar takes 90[GladVuln] radiant damage and is blinded USoMNT.
Traveler's Tricks: Teleport to F7.

Damage Summary: 107 to Loviatar.
Sevit Status: Phase of the Sun; Resist 8 all; Resist 10 thunder. Position: F7
Others' Status:
Loviatar: Blinded

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 

[X] Sudden Scales
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

"Enough."

Sevit points at Loviatar and a ray of frost lances from her finger, sending Loviatar staggering even as it chills her to the bone. Sevit starts walking slowly toward her. When Loviatar so much as twitches, Sevit freezes her again. A deeper freeze this time, one that seems to keep her from moving altogether. "What you claim to represent can be beautiful. But your approach is just vile. It's no wonder you threw in with someone like Bane." She arrives next to Loviatar. She pauses for a moment, looking down at the fallen deity with contempt. She picks up her cane, and after hesitating for a second, taps on the centre of Loviatar's chest. She swears she hears a faint breath escape the goddess, so she freezes her a third time. Then, putting both hands on the head of her cane, she positions it right on Loviatar's sternum - and leans down hard. There's a loud crack, then the tinkling of ice shards, as Sevit's cane hits the ground beneath.

"May the next Goddess of Pain have a better respect for boundaries. In fact - I think I know a candidate or two." Sevit exhales hard, her breath a thick cloud in the chilled air. Stepping away from what's left of Loviatar, she looks over at her team, her mien still grim but a little life having returned to her voice. "Gladys. How are you?"

Wol fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 14, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

At Merritt's command, the battle is joined. Sevit reappears with the others surrounding one of Bane's saints, her draconic presence announcing itself in a wave of fear coursing through her foes. "I feel great, Bane." She roars. "Will you feel the same in a minute?" Her radiance sears the saint beside her, merely a soupçon of what she's about to unleash. As Marcus's magics course through her, mingling with her own, she grins. Flinging her arms wide, she binds flaming chains around two of the saints - the one right next to her and another further away. Then, with a tug, the latter vanishes and reappears next to their comrade, tangling them both together in the burning chain. A look to Gladys alerts her of the comet now streaming down from the sky, giving the cleric a chance to scoot out of the way. The two saints aren't so lucky. The explosion catches them flat-footed, searing them in a flash of cosmic brilliance and further magnifying the chains' damage. The comet's remains fall into a cordon of dancing flame, encircling the two servants of Bane. Letting herself slip once again into demonic abandon, Sevit punches an arcane bolt into one of the saints. As they crumple lifelessly to the ground, Sevit fires a second and a third into the other saint, sending them flying into the air and through the wall of fire. Bane's paragon hits the ground hard on the other side, now nothing but a smouldering corpse.

Start of Encounter: Merritt uses Shared Valor. I teleport to J11 and gain 16 THP.

Start of Turn: Lime Saint takes 7 fire+radiant damage.
Minor Action: Dragonfear (Close burst 10 vs. Will). Target Bane (43; Hit), Aqua Saint (41; Hit), Lime Saint (48; Hit), Pink Saint (37; Hit). All enemies take -2 to attack rolls and grant CA UEoMNT. Aqua is dazed UEoMNT.
Minor Action: Burning Bright. I gain an aura 2 UEoE. Enemies in the aura have vulnerable 5 fire and -2 to saving throws against ongoing fire damage. Nonmagical
fires in the aura can be put out only if I allow them to be extinguished.
ACTION POINT! USoMNT, I and all allies gain +3 to attack rolls, and enemies gain +3 to attack rolls against me. UEoE, I gain resist 10 thunder.
Standard Action: Chains of Fire (Ranged 10 vs. Ref). Target Aqua Saint (40; Hit), Lime Saint (56; CRIT!). Aqua Saint takes 58 fire damage. Lime Saint takes 90 fire damage and is blinded USoMNT. I teleport Aqua Saint to J12. UEoMNT, Aqua Saint and Lime Saint take 1d10 fire damage the first time they are more than 3 squares apart.
Free Action: Gloves of Astral Quickness Minor Action: Quickened Spellcasting: Blazing Starfall (Area burst 1 within 10 vs. Ref). Target Aqua Saint (42, Hit), Lime Saint (46, Hit). Aqua Saint and Lime Saint take 48 radiant damage. I12-K14 becomes a zone bounded by flame UEoMNT. The first time each turn an enemy in the zone leaves it, it takes 7 fire damage.
Standard Action: Demon-Soul Bolts (Ranged 10 vs. Fort). Target Lime Saint (53, Hit). Lime Saint takes 47 thunder damage and is KOed. Target Aqua Saint (46; Hit). Aqua Saint takes 44 thunder damage and is pushed 1 square to K13. Target Aqua Saint (45; Hit). Aqua Saint takes 44 thunder damage and is pushed to L14. Aqua Saint takes 7 fire damage from the Blazing Starfall zone and is KOed.

Damage Summary: 201 to Aqua Saint (KO!); 192 to Lime Saint (KO!)
Sevit Status: +2 AC; +5 to attacks; +5 damage; Burning Bright; Phase of the Sun; Resist 5 all; Resist 10 thunder. Position: J11
Others' Status:
All allies: +3 to attacks; Champion's Countenance (+2 Fort/Ref/Will)
All enemies: -2 to attacks; +3 attack rolls vs. Sevit; Grant CA

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 
HP: 139/139 (16 THP)	AC:   39 	Passive Insight: 23

[ ] Stalking Frost              [X] Burning Bright
                        [ ] Sudden Scales
                        [ ] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Dec 20, 2018

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

"Oh, drat." Sevit admires Gladys' new form, grinning despite the raging battle. "Is Sune's power doing things to me, or am I just glad to see you?"

There's precious little time to stand and gawk, though. Sevit is forced to turn on her heels and dash back into the fray. Coming to a stop next to Merritt, she says with a wink: "Trust me." Before he can ask why, she raises her cane, engulfing everything around her with a pulse of frost. While Merritt feels the spell dissipate around him, Bane's one remaining saint takes the brunt of it. The frost overtakes them completely, freezing them to the core. Unfortunately, Sevit realizes she overdid it in protecting Merritt, as the spell proves too weak to have an effect on Bane either - but at least now Bane's truly alone. She locks eyes with her foe. Fixing him with an intense glare, a low growl escapes her. Then, the corner of her mouth twitches upward. A tell. She doesn't have to worry about her target dodging, though - with a vicious swing of her right arm, she smashes the frozen statue of Bane's last saint with her cane.

Move Action: Walk to J17.
Standard Action: Stalking Frost (Close burst 3 vs. Fort). Target Bane (33, miss*); target Pink Saint (48, Hit*); target Merritt (33, miss). Pink Saint takes 48 cold damage and is KOed.
Minor Action: Divine Challenge on Bane. I mark Bane, and whenever he makes an attack that doesn't include me, he takes 17 radiant damage (YMMV of course).

Damage Summary: 48 to Pink Saint (KO!)
Sevit Status: +2 AC; +2 to attacks; Burning Bright; Phase of the Sun; Resist 5 all; Resist 10 thunder. Position: J17
Others' Status:
Bane: Marked (Sevit Divine Challenge)

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 

[X] Stalking Frost              [X] Burning Bright
                        [ ] Sudden Scales
                        [ ] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

"I enjoy life quite a lot," Sevit responds to Gladys as she charges her cane with electricity, "but when you're right, you're right. BANE!" A burst of flame from her feet sends her skidding into position next to her foe. Electricity arcs from her cane, into and through the god of tyranny. Then again a second time. Sevit's magic swells within her, once again projecting the might of her draconic soul. "The cosmos are about to be scoured of your existence! You should concern yourself with more than words."

Minor Action: Blazing Corona. Shift 3 squares to G17. UEoMNT, any creature that starts its turn next to me takes 8 fire damage.
Standard Action: Lightning Daggers (Ranged 10 vs. Ref). Target Bane (43, Hit). Bane takes 52 (40+17-5) lightning damage. Until the end of the encounter, I can repeat the attack as a free action once per round during my turn.
Free Action: Lightning Daggers (Ranged 10 vs. Ref). Target Bane (37, Hit). Bane takes 53 (41+17-5) lightning damage.

Damage Summary: 105 to Bane.
Sevit Status: +2 AC; Burning Bright; Draconic Majesty; Phase of the Sun; Resist 5 all; Resist 10 thunder. Position: G17
Others' Status:

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 

Dragonfrost	        [X] Dragonfear                  [X] Lightning Daggers
                        [ ] Sudden Scales
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Start of Bane's turn: Bane takes 13 (8+10-5) fire damage.

Start of Turn: Bane takes 12 (7+10-5) fire+radiant damage.
Standard Action: Sun and Stars (Ranged 10 vs. Fort). Target Bane (46, Hit). Bane takes 50 (38+10+7-5) psychic damage and is slowed UEoMNT. Secondary Attack (ranged 10 vs. Ref) Target Bane (46, Hit). Bane takes 59 (47+10+7-5) radiant damage.
Free Action: Lightning Daggers (Ranged 10 vs. Ref). Target Bane (37, Hit). Bane takes 54 (42+10+7-5) lightning damage.

Damage Summary: 188 to Bane.
Sevit Status: +2 AC; Burning Bright; Phase of the Sun; Resist 5 all; Resist 10 thunder. Position: ???
Others' Status:
Bane: Slowed (DR-10)

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 

[ ] Sudden Scales
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Beset by more of Bane's saints, Sevit takes the opportunity from Silenna's attack to slip past them and keep her focus on Bane. Another comet and another electrical blast, and Bane gets that much closer to his inevitable demise.

Marcus' turn: Staggering Note Attack (Melee 2 vs. AC): Target Yellow (47, Hit). Yellow takes 22 damage.

Start of Turn: Yellow and Orange 12 (7+5) fire+radiant damage.
Move Action: Move to G15.
Standard Action: Blazing Starfall (Area burst 1 within 10 vs. Ref). Target Bane (41, Hit). Target Merritt (31; miss). Target Fuchsia (42; hit). Bane and Fuchsia take 35 (40-5) radiant damage. E16-G18 becomes a zone bounded by flame UEoMNT. The first time each turn an enemy in the zone leaves it, it takes 7 fire damage.
Free Action: Lightning Daggers (Ranged 10 vs. Ref). Target Bane (45, Hit). Bane takes 36 (41-5) lightning damage.

Damage Summary: 71 to Bane; 35 to Fuchsia; 12 to Orange; 34 to Yellow
Sevit Status: +2 AC; Burning Bright; Phase of the Sun; Resist 5 all; Resist 10 thunder. Position: G15
Others' Status:

pre:
Sevit Axalethris   						 

[ ] Sudden Scales
                        [X] Draconic Majesty            

Item Powers

Soul of the Cosmic Cycle
Phase of the Sun
Phase of the Moon
Phase of the Stars

Champion's Countenance

Action Point
of encounter.

Other Defensive Features

Other Active Features
saving throws USoMNT.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

Sevit finds Bane's fall incredibly satisfying. She takes a moment to gloat - mostly internally, though there's a couple verbal jabs fired at the god's corpse - before getting back to business. With the deed done, she thinks about seeking Tiamat out once more before leaving. She knows, though, it wouldn't be beyond the dragon goddess to try and seek swift vengeance if she went on her own. As a dragonborn, the impulse is not alien to Sevit, and she knows well where it comes from. Along with her eagerness to leave the weighty atmosphere of Banehold, it's enough to make her stay with her allies and just plane shift right out.

--------
--------

After a good bit of revelry, Sevit steps outside for some fresh air. She may love a good party, but Torm drinks voraciously, to the point where there's no way even she can keep up. She'd given it a good shot, but much more and she fears she'll find herself in the territory of regret. Besides, the drink's brought a pensive mood bubbling up from the undercurrent of her mind. Over the years, she's done a lot of things, but killing a god hasn't been one of them up until now. The deed done, she finds herself with questions. And so, she finds herself sitting atop a sheer mountain edge, gazing up at the stars, when Silenna makes her exit.
"Silenna," Sevit calls out, not taking her gaze off the sky. "Had enough of the party?"

"I am not prone to revelry or boastful tales, even in the light of victory," she mentions curtly, as Artheon slides off her shoulders and disappears into the local underbrush to find some more filling meal than slivers of duck meat. "Nor am I fond of ale and wine." The Warden stretches out, some of her joints popping with the movement. "Though you certainly seemed to be."

"I am. Some parts of us never change, I guess, from when we were young and unremarkable." She laughs. "Come, sit for a minute. There's something on my mind."

Silenna looks back at the forest for a moment, hesitating, but joins Sevit after a moment, kneeling beside her. "Having doubts, Admiral?"

"Maybe. This whole god-killing business is new to me. The others all find certainty in their gods - well, Marcus does things for whatever reason he does things, I guess - but I've never found that in the words of any god. You and I both serve the greater balance, instead, one way or another. It's something I believe in - hard not to when I can feel it coursing around me - but it doesn't offer much in the way of comfort." She finally takes her eyes from the stars and turns toward Silenna. "Bane had to die, of course. And Fzoul Chembryl was no loss to the cosmic balance. But did I only kill Loviatar because I was outraged? Did I only spare Tiamat because I felt her in my blood?"

"I cannot say." If Sevit had hoped to find a comforting expression on Silenna's face, she might be disappointed. "If I would have had my way, she would have died, as it was with Asmodeus when we ventured into the Hells. But I have learned now that while personal beliefs may stand in the way of what I feel is right, as long as we accomplish our goals, then the balance is restored." A pause, as she gestures, searching for the right words. "Marcus or master Elminster are better informed about such matters, but I understand that in the past, gods have died, and others have taken their place. So it will be for Bane and his lackeys, and so it will be for the others we may kill on our quest. Your decision to spare Tiamat or kill Loviatar, I feel, has no large impact on the grand picture, nor would the opposite have been."

"That's how I justified it with Loviatar, too. Another will rise - there's a shadow giant I need to talk to if we have a day to spare, actually. But, sparing Asmodeus?" Sevit gets a curious twinkle in her eye. "I have a hard time seeing you doing that. Or Merritt. Or Arka, really. I assume Gladys talked you into it?"

She shrugs. "There were...circumstances. But yes. We had words over it later." Her face is neutral, but there doesn't seem to be a lingering grudge over it. "All the same. The tablets come first. Which of our enemies must live or die is irrelevant, as long as they cannot strike back when we leave."

"How very cryptic of you. But I guess I should have seen that coming." Sevit grins and shakes her head. "Thanks for talking, though. You have a good view on things."

"Merely practical. With the stakes as they are, we cannot delay decisions by doubt or disagreement. Afterwards, yes, there is time to argue; but never in the heat of battle." She stands up again. "But you are welcome. Now, if you'll excuse me - I must hunt and nourish myself, before we leave tomorrow." If the admiral doesn't stop her, the Warden walks a few steps away before turning into her serpentine form and sliding into the forest.

"There's one last thing I'm curious about, Silenna." Sevit looks her up and down with a discerning eye. "It's a bit of a change of topic, but: What do you enjoy?"

She stops, turning back with a confused expression. "What do you mean?"

"Just curious. I feel like I know a lot about what you don't like."

Silenna blinks. "I..." She pauses. "Forgive me. You seem to have caught me off guard." She allows a small smile. "I enjoy... nature, I suppose. You must have seen many wondrous things, in your travels, but have you ever truly allowed your senses to take in all there is on the Material Plane? Have you walked in a forest and smelled the flowers, seen the coat of a young wolf rippling as it hunts, heard the infinite variety of birdsong? Have you submerged yourself in a stream or a lake, allowed yourself to float with the sunlight reflecting off a myriad of colored scales of fish and reptiles? Have you ever stood in the rain, in awe of the sheer might of a thunderstorm?" She pauses, and her eyes take on a distant look as she continues.
"This, and more, are things that can be found in nature, if you truly open yourself to it. This, and more, are the things that the civilized have forgotten. The builders and soldiers and magistrates have made many a mighty feat in this realm's history, but it is nature from which it all came, to which they owe their sustenance and their lives. And it is nature, in the end, that will reclaim all that history forsakes." Her eyes focus again. "Ah - I apologize. I did not mean to preach the words of my old teacher. But yes. I enjoy nature."

"A couple of those, yeah. I always liked the rivers and lakes when I was a child, especially the hard-to-reach ones up the mountain with no one around and a clear view of the sky." Sevit closes her eyes briefly, awash in the memory. "The miasmic swamps of the Shadowfell and the capricious currents of the Plane of Air might draw more ears to a tale, but you're right. The Prime's beauty is unique in its own way, and very real." Smiling over her shoulder, she gives the Warden a little wave. "But I won't keep you too long. Have a nice hunt, Silenna."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

“I’d vote for going after the active threat first.” Sevit replies after taking a brief moment to consider. “The Auspice should limit Cyric’s means of attack on the way, if we do go after him. He’ll see us coming, but we’ll see him coming, too. With how Cyric works, I think that’s to our advantage. And she can take a real beating, so don’t worry about that. If anyone has anything on Lolth or Shar, though, I could be convinced.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
(PDF) (Orokos)

“I’ve seen that symbol once before.” Sevit looks amused. “The priestess I was accompanying refused to even touch it. If she could have sundered it with her gaze, I think she would have. I’d say Lolth’s enemy is my friend, but...” She gives T’rissae a knowing look,, eyes gleaming. She knows just enough about the drow pantheon to know that’s not true. “Maybe just this enemy, specifically. Point is, that’s proof enough for me.” Flicking her cane up behind her back, she gives the newcomer a crisp bow. “Sevit Axalethris. Charmed, I’m sure.”