Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Chapter 49 is out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

What a mysterious source.

-e-
Translations are out.

-Those guys are clearly of the same kind as the one carrying around Faputa...
-Whose name is actually Ilmyuui or some variation.
-their job is collecting information
-loving adorable beasties!
-First water source was polluted
-Second water source so hot they couldn't get near it
-Veko becomes Ilmyuui's foster mom
-Veko isn't just a Fujoshi, she's also into applied Yuri (a lot)
-Third water source was just right...
-Until it was not and everyone started getting dysentry and mutates
-The surrounding rock was the hardened corpse of some giant lifeform.
-It's a secret to everyone
-Appearance of the artifacts and stuff is about to get worse

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 30, 2018

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

Mother's scent

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Space Flower posted:

Mother's scent

The scent of someone who slept with lots of people

Vueko and Irumyuui are cute together. Can't wait for next chapter to tear everything apart.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh good, a breather chapter

Which means we're about to have our heartstrings torn out and used as tinsel

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh good, a breather chapter

Which means we're about to have our heartstrings torn out and used as tinsel

Author's become predictable at this point. New chapter
Body horror aside, I'm beginning to think that Irumyuui and Faputa aren't the same person. Someone reminded me that when Riko & Co. first found the Narehate village they described it as looking like someone's corpse. And the water hole from the recent chapters substantiates the idea that lots of corpses can form into structures. Add to this Irumyuui constantly giving birth now and I think that she's still in the core of the village sustaining it while Faputa was created at a later point to enact her own grudge.

Also holy poo poo Wakuzyan was already really creepy but this chapter he had some great faces.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

We've solved world hunger!

But if she's still there producing babies, would they need to hunt?
Faputa being a clone/offspring might work, since everybody kept their names, but she's still a Narehate.
The wishfulfillment might come back into play with the Curse, since wishes seem to influence the transformation. Mitty becoming immortal to be always be there for Nanachi and Nanachi becoming cute, fluffy and good-smelling. The artifacts could be people reduced to their wishes by the Curse, so that's why they suddenly appear

Let me pick at my molten flesh some more.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

That was...unsettling/nauseating, which really shouldn't surprise me at this point

Perhaps Faputa is what the villagers call her because most of them don't actually know her name...?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

That was...unsettling/nauseating, which really shouldn't surprise me at this point

Perhaps Faputa is what the villagers call her because most of them don't actually know her name...?

The villagers call her the Narehate Princess. She calls herself Faputa.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Lurking Haro posted:

The villagers call her the Narehate Princess. She calls herself Faputa.

Irumyuui definitely has the beginnings of Faputa's design as she's mutating, and given how time doesn't really flow right the deeper you go...

Gone slightly feral from lack of contact, probably, and she's not exactly the social type

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Oh, we're eating dead babies born without organs that look like small animals borne from a diseased, mutating child now.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

bare bottom pancakes posted:

Oh, we're eating dead babies born without organs that look like small animals borne from a diseased, mutating child now.

The babies look like the friendly animal that lived in the hat.

They also come from the artifact fused to her.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 30, 2018

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh hey I haven't been keeping up with the Made In Abyss manga, I wonder how it's going-

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.

Soiled Meat

I kinda want to stop reading Made in Abyss and never think about it again now

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Vinylshadow posted:

Irumyuui definitely has the beginnings of Faputa's design as she's mutating, and given how time doesn't really flow right the deeper you go...

Gone slightly feral from lack of contact, probably, and she's not exactly the social type
I think it's far more likely that Irumyuui becomes the village itself.

Look at chapter 40 to see what I mean. Reg says the village looks like a giant corpse. The main picture showing off the village interior looks like a skull.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Well, this is an absolute nightmare. The prophet is turning out to be an extremely entertaining character... I'm curious what'll happen to that guy.

So, what's the deal here? Irumyuui might literally be turning into the village; but it's evident the village is no longer "alive" anymore, and if it's not producing any more creatures, that might explain why they have a need to hunt again. Could this have something to do with Vueko's banishment?

It could be that, as the village grew and the situation turned ever-so-much worse, Vueko eventually separated Irumyuui from the Cradle of Greed again. The transformation of the abyss then healed her, in a way. The rest of the villagers can't have been happy about that, so they banished Vueko into the depths, while Faputa - obviously a creature of worship for the villagers - harbours somewhat of a resentment towards the villagers and, uh, the remains of what she turned into.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/miabyss_anime/status/1081113253290360833

Wonderful!
The Bondrewd Arc will be a movie.

Also, Nanachi branded rabbit feet
https://twitter.com/AMNIBUS_STORE/status/1081113024369438720?s=19

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

I figured that's how that arc was going to be done.
I don't think I want that second link.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I recently reread Best Dad & Daughter Arc and I think the movie approach is perfect - it's got a lot packed in it, even though it's a really quick read

I imagine the time needed to animate movie quality will only be a good thing for Overclocked Reg

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

bare bottom pancakes posted:

Anything that cute looking must be delicious, and no organs means easy butchering! It's win/win!

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I've gone back to chapter 40, but I still don't see the resemblance to a corpse. Can anyone help me out?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Maera Sior posted:

I've gone back to chapter 40, but I still don't see the resemblance to a corpse. Can anyone help me out?

Right as they walk in, you can see something like ribs sticking out. Also the whole place is pretty organic looking.
The spread inside also looks like a skull.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The body horrors will return on the 30th.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Time for a re read then.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait to see what hot new fetish manages to outdo eating babies

...this manga makes you stop and look at things you've typed, wondering where you went wrong

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Yo momma's so big...
there is a whole civilization living in her.

Flashback is over.

-Belaf couldn't forgive himself for what he did to the babies.
-Wazukyan is this arc's Bondrewd.
-The babies are more effective at healing the illness if they are alive, because the wish is bound to the life. This might be the reason Veko was still alive after all these years.
-The first artifact was used up, so he got a second one.
-Irumyuui had enough of this poo poo and goes for a walk.
-Yeah, they all weren't Narehate in the classic way. The village stripped their bodies and souls from them, leaving their deepest wish. Kind of like the Curse, except they are now part of the village.
-Alien 3 ending
-Wazukyan used an artifact, too.
-The villages name is a corruption of Irumyuui.
-Faputa is also the condensation of Irumyuui's wish. She's gonna find a way to tear that village down.
-The things down in Veko's place symbolize the children Irumyuui lost. Veko named them all. She can also feel what's going on in the village.
-Veko just wishes not to forget Irumyuui.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

...this manga makes you stop and look at things you've typed, wondering where you went wrong
Well the body horror took another notch up. So there's that.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

By this manga's standards, this is a breather chapter - certainly from a visual standpoint, whereas it's the dialogue that carries most of the weight

I'm rooting for Faputa

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Belafu wasn't lying when he said if Wazukya couldn't find the golden city, he'd make one.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

Invoking fairy dust is not a crime.

I went back and read the whole flashback and it has good pacing and all makes sense. It's a shame that the schedule for this is so irregular because I am always forgetting what the gently caress is going on.

Well, that explains the village and all that. Now I'll go back to the beginning of the arc to see if I can spot some of the Ganja members (not that many survived) running around.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/miabyss_anime/status/1112369458176122881

I certainly wouldn't say no to seeing more of Marulk's daily life

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Keep in mind this also means more Aunt Ozen!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

I like that all the posts are like "The april fools tag is a lie, please make it!"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

Invoking fairy dust is not a crime.

The pun in maid in abyss is so obvious that I kick myself for now thinking about it before.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh man Ozen creeping in the background is perfect.
https://twitter.com/Corporal_sheep/status/1112407392845651970

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

trucutru posted:

The pun in maid in abyss is so obvious that I kick myself for now thinking about it before.

I'm now imagining Mitty, Prushka and Irumyuui in maid uniforms

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

!?

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

The abyss goes deeper!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

So dressing up a rock, a plush doll, and painting the town black and white with some frills?