Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
Hopefully this already exists and my google-fu is just weak. I am looking for etherpad for images pretty much. I'd like something that would let me upload a large image (like a map) and several smaller images (like pictures of tiny cars or army menwhatever) and then move the smaller images around the larger image and it save the state. Being able to track multiple users/contributors would be cool, but mainly just want that specific functionality. I looked up collaboration software but most of it is $$$ or aimed at app design or code versioning etc. If there was etherpad:power point version that would work too.

I'm trying to use it for an online Dungeons and Dragons game that would be played over Discord. All the chat/voice would happen over Discord and the map would just keep track of player characters and enemies on a map for battle things. Ideally looking to do a turn based game (not Fantasy Grounds where everyone is online at once - one person posts and then a few hours later someone else posts and moves a dude).

Really hoping this already exists, it is pretty minor for someone to spend time on. Recommendations would be awesome!

Edit: Looking for something browser based, not an installable software

Ceros_X fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Paul MaudDib posted:

This can be done with any image editing program that supports layers (eg Paint.Net, GIMP, etc). If you need to share it, you can use any screen-capture/streaming software like Shadowplay, ReLive, or OBS Studio.

I use layers a lot with photoshop but screen sharing gimp or whatever doesn't let the other players also move layers around. Screen sharing isn't conducive to a play by post format where everyone does something hours apart, unless I am misunderstanding. Sorry if I explained it poorly!

Chunjee posted:

Google slides would probably work for you. https://www.google.com/slides
I think it requires a lot more setup but also check out https://roll20.net/

Well speak of the devil.

I've used roll20.net before, a little to heavy for what I want. Google Slides is great, though - it'd be perfect if I could lock the sizes of images so I can move them without accidentally resizing them. Should be able to resize them larger, move it, and then resize them small afterward. A little clunky but works great on PC and smart phones. Thanks for the recommendation!

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
I'd like a copy of this if it gets completed (my spreadsheet has 3600 rows, though). I think you'll run into issues not being able to determine which IMDB entry belongs to which movie. Even with Plex scraping and fairly good movie names I had to manually identify about 100 of the 3600 entries on mine. Maybe if the entries had IMDB tags (i.e. tt3778644) but without that I think the margin of error can be quite high on scrapes.

I really wish there was a way to export the Plex metadata for a library (info, album art, etc).