Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
A bit of a crosspost from the Raspberry Pi thread. I was hoping someone could help me program a simple countdown timer that I can run. I'm doing a homemade Escape Room for friends, and the goal is to shut down a self destruct sequence.

It will need to run on a raspberry pi. A simple HTML/Java or CSS page is probably the best way to do this. Ideally something I can just put on the Pi, run it, and off it goes.

I would want it to show a message that says: "Countdown to Self Destruct" with a countdown timer below that. Then, on the bottom would be an input. Text would read "Enter deactivation code to stop sequence:" with a cursor to enter a password. The timer would start at an hour and countdown to zero.

If the right password is entered, the sequence stops and the players win. It would display a message like "Sequence Deactivated" and the time remaining. If an incorrect password is entered, it instead takes 2 minutes off of the timer. If it reaches zero, it would flash red with a message saying they have died.

Players would have access to only a numeric keypad. I would have a keyboard and mouse that I could use to stop/start it that the players wouldn't have access to.

Any goons willing to take this on? Happy to provide an SA gift cert or Steam bux for help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

alexandriao posted:

I'm game! wanna dm me? :)

DM sent. Thanks