Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Humble Request
Problem: Scheduling employees something I am very bad at. I always miss details, schedule incorrectly, or otherwise bungle things. It would be nice if I had an app that could take in the availability of 6-8 people, and produce a work schedule based on that availability, while also maintaining staff level requirements. I have not been able to locate roster software that isn't way more complex and detailed than this.

Description and requirements: Basically, a calendar app that takes the employee availability, weekly scheduled hours, and open time data, and produces random schedule combinations based on that data and fulfilling those requirements.

i.e. Alice is available MonWedFri from 10-5 and works 20 hrs/week, Bob is available MonTueWed from 1-4 and works 15 hrs/week, Carol is available TueThrFri from 9-3 and works 10 hrs/week, etc. Open hours are Mon 10-4, Tue 9-3, Wed 10-4, Thr 9-3, etc. and from this data, create "solved" schedules that have at least X people in the building at all times, and Y people on the service desk, while also filling the hour requirements and keeping within the availability of staff.

Nice to have features: The ability to weight certain things (ie. Alice likes working longer shifts, Bob likes working mornings), but this could be handled manually by just creating new schedule combinations until one popped up that matched the requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

pseudorandom posted:

I might try doing this if I get bored, but no guarantees. A couple questions though: Would you want some kind of minimum/maximum shift length? Would there preferred shift change times?

Thanks very much if you do find the time, but no worries if other things take priority :)

Making shift length another variable for consideration would be super helpful. I don't think that scheduling a time for shift change would matter as much, as we're not open terribly long each day right now.