Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe
Humble Request
Problem: I have to take several full-size screenshots from lots of different video files
Description and requirements:

• The idea would be that there would be a GUI that I could drop each file on to, and then the app would use something like ffmpeg to extract screenshots at some configurable interval (e.g. "Take a screenshot every 5 minutes") in PNG format and then dump the screenshots from each video into the same folder that the video is in.
  • If the video file was titled "Movie_1.mkv", the files would be named similarly but with the timestamp of the where in the video it was taken, like: "Movie_1-01:00:00.png", "Movie_1-01:05:00.png", etc.
Nice to have features:

• A slider, similar to VirtualDub where you could manually select the frame would be awesome but since I know just enough about programming to be dangerous but not enough to make this app, I have a feeling this could be way outside the realm of "tiny app"

nexxai fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

Ptarmigans posted:

Request Fill
Name:Video Snapshot
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/w3qv0zp3s6q9ndr/VideoSnapShot.exe
Source Code: https://github.com/Ptarmigans/VideoSnapshot
Features and Usage: Takes snapshots of videos at the interval specified in the time box. Files can either be dragged into the window or added using the + button.
Screenshot:

Requires .net 4.5 and having ffmpeg set up on your PATH.
Disclaimer. I've never used C# before, I've never made a GUI before, this hasn't been thoroughly tested, I'm a shameful programmer and the source will probably make people upset.
That said, let me know if there are any problems.

I want to make love to your face

Thank you!

The only weirdness has to do with what I'm assuming is some kind of Regional setting:

If you look at the "Time between captures", it's like it's reading it as a clock time, rather than an interval, to the point where if you replace the "12" with "00", it goes back to 12 automatically. What you're seeing actually does function as a 5 minute interval, so it's not like it's broken, it's just kind of funny to look at.

nexxai fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 29, 2018

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe
I don't know poo poo about desktop application development but I'm a passable PHP/Laravel coder (looking for more experience) and with enough prodding can put together simple web-based applications for you. I'm not sure if that will help anyone, but if so, feel free to post your request.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

Sri.Theo posted:

Any interest in creating a command-line app that extracts all the text from a tweet and its replies and saves them to a .txt document?

It's the type of thing that would be useful for saving book recommendations etc. Would also be useful to have options for deleting duplicate lines, saving usernames etc. Although, I get the feeling that there may be API shenanigans that make this complex.

This python code won't do exactly what you're looking for but with a little tweaking and a nested loop, it could.

Right now, it gets the last 20 tweets from USERNAME and dumps them to the screen. It shouldn't take too much effort to modify it to also pull the ID of the tweet and recursively loop through the tree.

[EDIT] It also ignores tweets that have a link in them (the if 't.co' part; it's Twitter's link shortener). That condition can just be removed if we don't want to ignore those tweets.

code:
import snscrape.modules.twitter as sntwitter
import os

# Creating list to append tweet data to
tweets_list2 = []

# Using TwitterSearchScraper to scrape data and append tweets to list
for i, tweet in enumerate(sntwitter.TwitterSearchScraper('from:USERNAME').get_items()):
    if i > 20:
        break
    if 't.co' not in tweet.content:
        tweets_list2.append(tweet.content)

for tweet in tweets_list2:
    input = input + tweet + "\n\n\n\n"

os.system('clear')
print(input)

nexxai fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 15, 2022

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

Sri.Theo posted:

Thanks so much. I've been trying to get this to work but keep getting an error "SyntaxError: unexpected character after line continuation character". Is there anything I'm supposed edit about from username? I've tried both '@borisjohnson' and 'borisjohnson' for example and get the same error.

I'm not sure about the error, but to confirm, the search term should be: 'from:borisjohnson' (without the @ sign)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

nvrgrls posted:

I'm looking for an app that already exists and I just don't know what to look for to find it.

What I want: a self-hosted web app that streams video files from the server, similar to internet radio stations that play mp3s from a playlist, but for video.

When I look, I find a lot of info about streaming live video, but that's not what I'm looking for. I want to just play pre-recorded files automatically.

Why not use something like OBS to queue up the videos, put them on repeat, and broadcast them over a private Youtube Live stream?