Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

Humble Request
Problem: I work on a political campaign and need something simple that could interact with volunteers.
Description and requirements: I admittedly don't know much about software design but if possible I'd like something that has a newsfeed of events and updates from the campaign that someone on our staff could periodically update, as well as the possibility of sending push notifications to people. Finally, I was thinking it could have in-app purchases that act as donations to the campaign, which can take Play and Apple credits.

I admit this probably is demanding, but I was thinking we could work out a payment scheme based off of donations gotten through the application. And in my opinion, this would be used for a good cause as this is a grassroots campaign funded by small donations.
Nice to have features:
-Push notifcations
-News feed
-Donation mechanism (in-app purchases?)
There's software for this already, though it costs money. Look at NationBuilder. It's basically a butt-based CRM for political campaigns. If you're in the USA and this is a Democratic campaign, SmartVAN is also an option, though has less of the volunteer management. I've used both. The mobile app integration and turf cutting for canvassing is better with SmartVAN but NationBuilder is the better "general" campaign solution. If you need free, CiviCRM is an option though it is a lot more work to get up and running.

e: also depending on your role and the nature of the campaign, I'd be happy to offer advice. I ran a campaign for a grassroots candidate last year. I can buy platinum or whatever I need for DM's or I can just give you an email address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU