Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sexy af, post more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Been so miserable haven’t even washed it had to get out in the sun. I gotta tell you I am in love with Landcruisers can’t imagine buying anything else now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what were the ratings for the interior/exterior when you bought it and have you found anything that needs to be fixed/replaced?

Looks sweeeeet

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Fauxtool posted:

what were the ratings for the interior/exterior when you bought it and have you found anything that needs to be fixed/replaced?

Looks sweeeeet

I really like Prados, I think they are quite fantastic trucks even if the hardcore people seem to think Prados aren't ~real~ Land Cruisers. Toyota calls them that and that's good enough for me.

Prados aren't 24v electrical systems like the standard J70s of the time, plus they are also coil-sprung vs. leaf springs and are a bit nicer to drive in because of it. everdave's and mine both have the 2.4 2L-TE 4 cyl turbo diesel and its plenty peppy imho. And while mine's a 2 door vs. the 4 door of dave's, I can certainly say the seats are comfortable as all hell. Plllluussss Prados all come with rear locking diffs :hellyeah:

Mine needed a deep clean (always) and needed it's belts done. The alternator belts were so glazed that they'd slip no matter how tight you made them leading to the alternator not charging enough and a slowly dying battery, and the AC screamed no matter what because its belts were shot too. Timing belt was about time since it was (and still is) approaching 200km on the clock, 100k kms is the interval for the timing belts.

Also everdave, you can get air filters and oil filters off Amazon US.

Air Filter

Oil Filter

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fauxtool posted:

Looks sweeeeet

3.5 C? Weird I have the auction sheet it was in the visor for some reason will try to find

Aftermarket Fujitsu radio cd tape doesn’t seem to work or doesn’t have any way I know to turn it on. I think it has a mild lift kit so don’t know if that hurts value. I love driving it.

Edit: I know it was a C rating interior is perfect headliner is perfect it smells like 1990s Toyota which I want to bottle and apply to my body

everdave fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Nov 18, 2018

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

KakerMix posted:

I really like Prados, I think they are quite fantastic trucks even if the hardcore people seem to think Prados aren't ~real~ Land Cruisers. Toyota calls them that and that's good enough for me.

Prados aren't 24v electrical systems like the standard J70s of the time, plus they are also coil-sprung vs. leaf springs and are a bit nicer to drive in because of it. everdave's and mine both have the 2.4 2L-TE 4 cyl turbo diesel and its plenty peppy imho. And while mine's a 2 door vs. the 4 door of dave's, I can certainly say the seats are comfortable as all hell. Plllluussss Prados all come with rear locking diffs :hellyeah:

Mine needed a deep clean (always) and needed it's belts done. The alternator belts were so glazed that they'd slip no matter how tight you made them leading to the alternator not charging enough and a slowly dying battery, and the AC screamed no matter what because its belts were shot too. Timing belt was about time since it was (and still is) approaching 200km on the clock, 100k kms is the interval for the timing belts.

Also everdave, you can get air filters and oil filters off Amazon US.

Air Filter

Oil Filter

I love driving this one and hearing that turbo spool it’s not too bad, I don’t know how it would be driving down to Florida but anything else I love it. I’m going to go ahead and say it most comfortable seats I’ve ever had.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have to type something to post a pic here is auction sheet was in the truck

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

everdave posted:

it smells like 1990s Toyota which I want to bottle and apply to my body

New thread title there

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd wear that cologne.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Eau de Corolla, by Prado.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Do Prados come in 2wd at all? Gas engines?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I am by no means an expert but maybe. I wouldn’t import anything but a diesel anymore.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Of this generation no, they are all body-on-frame 4WD machines. The only difference between these Prados and ~real~ Land Cruisers are Prados are 12v rather than 24v electrics (good), coil-sprung rather than leaf and have different engines installed in their different-front ends. Seats are nicer in the Prados and they are a more pleasant street machine. On not-Prados you could option out front and real locking diffs where Prados all come with rear locking diff with no option for a front one afaik.
J70 and Prado 70s even have the same bodies from the back of the front fenders to the rear.

Engine choices are either a 22RE gasoline or 2.4 turbo diesel until 93 when you could get a 3RZ gasoline engine and the highly-sought after KZ diesel engine. KZ-equipped Prados command a lot more money than the previous versions. And as an aside I hardly ever see gasoline Prados, like I'm sitting here thinking if I ever have or not.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 19, 2018

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

There's a first gen Pajero five door for sale in mint condition near my house for $999. The first thought in my head was "I could flip this in the US for 10 times the price" :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

You Am I posted:

There's a first gen Pajero five door for sale in mint condition near my house for $999. The first thought in my head was "I could flip this in the US for 10 times the price" :v:

I bet you could make decent money just boxing up weird Aussie muscle cars once the boomers start to die.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Lord give me the strength to not buy this

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Type-X bumper, sideskirts, wing, and Work VSXX. Could buy worse :v:
Type-X rear valances missing tho (edit: assuming since that is the only pic I went off)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Post the sheet what’s the details?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

The RA has me uncomfortable?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I can't read that but make sure it has the SR20DET since there was also a Type-S that had the Type-X aero but came with a NA SR.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I’m not loving it did you get a translation? Id skip that one personally

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

But it's just so yellow.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Solus posted:

Lord give me the strength to not buy this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdP2gGocVmI

Treat the auction sites like a car select screen in a video game while listening to this on repeat.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It's funny you mention that because there is a Mako-ish rep up now.
https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-zXBQAhT5kZKmtO.htm

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

BlackMK4 posted:

It's funny you mention that because there is a Mako-ish rep up now.
https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-zXBQAhT5kZKmtO.htm

I'm not a big fan of the hood or the rear bumper.

Still very nice though. It's so tempting to buy another s13 but my USDM 88 300zx is literally sitting on bricks in my best friend's mom's driveway so I don't think I could really justify it until I at least move that thing somewhere else lol.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Autocar over here have done a review video on the Jimny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO51yz360zE

Bonus 3dr Land Cruiser content.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

InitialDave posted:

Autocar over here have done a review video on the Jimny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO51yz360zE

Bonus 3dr Land Cruiser content.

Man I'm jelly all over again.

Dear Japanese salaryman's country bumpkin uncle: why

Came out this morning to the rear left tire being completely flat on the Prado. Filled it up with the compressor, listened, heard a hiss. It was the valve itself, but not the place you think, air was escaping from around the seat of the stem. Popped the bead to find that there is a loving innertube in there what the gently caress. That's two now with vehicles with innertubes in them, the other one was the 85 Rugger I had. Now, I don't know why someone would have these inside tires these days (these tires are from 2011) but I have a theory.
Japan is known as a quite conservative country, yeah? Traditions, don't-fix-what-isn't-broken sort of vibe stereotype they have. Land Cruiser drivers over there seem to be seen as a sort of Japanese redneck. I surmise then that the reason why there are (oversized) tubes in these tires is because that's what the person had always done so they continued to do it. The problem is the wheel corrodes on the inside since it isn't sealed like it would be if it were normally mounted to the wheel. Since these are aluminium and the tires are standard tubeless I can't come up with another reason as to why. Now though I have to pull the tires off (need replacing anyway) and scrub the inside clean of the wheel where the stem is since it's all gross.

The tire holds air just fine on the wheel without the tube too.

everdave check your tires :v:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Man I'm jelly all over again.

everdave check your tires :v:

So weird. I am thinking of throwing a whole new set on after Thanksgiving if another $100 off $400+ coupon comes up on eBay. But I will check!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thos coupons are like twice a year and it was very recent so I dunno if there's gonna be another in the near future.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

everdave posted:

So weird. I am thinking of throwing a whole new set on after Thanksgiving if another $100 off $400+ coupon comes up on eBay. But I will check!

Pro tip: Buy in sets of two tires (if your tires are expensive) so you can get $200 off a set of $800 :v: (assuming you're talking about the discount tire direct coupon)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
My guess is that the tubed tires are there so that an off-roader can air the tires way the gently caress down without blowing the bead.

As to why it's kind of a hackjob, well, have you met my good friend Ken?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Why spend money on puncture repair when an inner tube is cheaper? Seen that hack on a couple of cheap cars before which supposedly had tubeless tyres fitted.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

InitialDave posted:

Why spend money on puncture repair when an inner tube is cheaper? Seen that hack on a couple of cheap cars before which supposedly had tubeless tyres fitted.

Sure but the tire is fine, not punctured. It's on that wheel aired up sans-tube. The reason it went flat was because the valve stem broke on the inner tube and was letting the air out.

It's all very mysterious.

EDIT
I expect to find tubes in the other 4 tires too.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

64bit_Dophins posted:

Treat the auction sites like a car select screen in a video game while listening to this on repeat.

This is honestly how I do it considering my list of Cars I search weekly

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
91 LS400 with 24k miles just sold for $27k on BAT today. My Majesta has 4K miles hmm maybe I can make a little bit off of this one after all.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

64bit_Dophins posted:

Disappointed it isn't this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Z0zutwDRg

bew bew bew beeeeeeeewww bew bew beww bew bew

Tentatively sold ratty AZ-1 today on eBay, nice profit IF the person goes through and I've got no reason to doubt, but you know ~eBay~. Decided to sell my good one too so that's up for sale locally.
AZ-1s are fantastic but it just doesn't fit in my lifestyle right. I look for excuses to drive alone and that doesn't do good with my wife and I. Bongo and Rugger will be here shortly and I'm expecting to fall for the Rugger so I'll drive that instead.

I did put together a video on what it's like to live with an AZ-1 if you guys are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6C3Pl34r1o

It's real long but I like to be thorough.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

KakerMix posted:

Disappointed it isn't this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Z0zutwDRg

bew bew bew beeeeeeeewww bew bew beww bew bew

Tentatively sold ratty AZ-1 today on eBay, nice profit IF the person goes through and I've got no reason to doubt, but you know ~eBay~. Decided to sell my good one too so that's up for sale locally.
AZ-1s are fantastic but it just doesn't fit in my lifestyle right. I look for excuses to drive alone and that doesn't do good with my wife and I. Bongo and Rugger will be here shortly and I'm expecting to fall for the Rugger so I'll drive that instead.

I did put together a video on what it's like to live with an AZ-1 if you guys are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6C3Pl34r1o

It's real long but I like to be thorough.

Your voice does not sound like I expected it to.

Are the tweeters aftermarket or did they come stock that way?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

64bit_Dophins posted:

Your voice does not sound like I expected it to.

Are the tweeters aftermarket or did they come stock that way?

They are aftermarket, they went and installed a ~component~ system, side effect of having to put the tweeters somewhere as the car didn't come with them stock. Does sound pretty good though I can't figure out how to change the settings in the EQ on the headunit, I wonder if I'm missing a remote or something. I've poked at it a whole bunch but I can only select premade ones along with the unchanged 'CUSTOM' one.

Today I received a package containing all the goods for the incoming Rugger and Bongo. Since they are both one-owner vehicles they are quite complete so I received a lot of stuff.

Means I'm getting 3 total OEM keys for the Rugger and two for the Bongo, though only one of the Bongo's are original. The best though is what's inside the manuals:

Look at this fukkin' dude he's so rad goddamn

http://puu.sh/C5waW/9ceba2c0a8.txt

And this one from the Bongo manual lol:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

you're selling the AZ-1s.

Close thread, nothing more to see here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
That's really dope man

Have you tried resetting the stereo?

Are you in FLA? Let me know if you're trying to sell anymore of those beauties.