Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DirkDonkeyroot
Feb 25, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Sorry, it's dark. But:

I've only driven it around the block in the dark but I can not overstate how loving rad it is goddamn. It feels like you are sitting on a skateboard that's on the ground. Steering is sharp and darty, the engine feels messed with because it seems way quick. The BRIDE seat that's in it is exactly large enough for my rear end, and I'm a thin guy. It's got stiffening bars all over the place, awful fake carbon fiber everywhere in sticker and hard-plastic form on the outside and inside. The auction pictures made it seem like the bottom pinch panels running along the bottom underneath the doors were rusty but they aren't, just dented from either hitting something or being jacked up at the wrong points. It's also supremely dirty.

From my limited time with the thing I can state that the hype for the AZ-1 is real, and is my friend.

The Pajero and Jimny are cool too, although I was told that shipping the OEM bumper and rear spare tire cover within the Jimny itself would be fine only to find out that when it got here all that stuff was missing :argh: I specifically made a big deal about the OEM bumper and spare tire cover being on the car itself to be sure I'd get them, going to far as to suggest paying someone to go out there and actually install the thing but was assured they'd be fine in the truck. Nope, empty and my wife is going to be really bummed out by this. Pajero is just really dang good, the driver's seat has the spring thing underneath it like big rigs have, presumably for super offroad comfort. And like I assumed the 'CD' button and stereo jack is an aux input in the factory stereo and works perfectly with a smartphone pipping in hot beats. Still sounds great.

EDIT
I also got the absolute best bonus anyone could ever ask for on the Jimny's keys:

Are those for real TE37 wheels? Didn't know they made them that small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirkDonkeyroot
Feb 25, 2007
That's water damage, my fc looked just like that after the 2016 flood in Louisiana

DirkDonkeyroot
Feb 25, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Amazon is where I have good luck getting 12" tires. The ones I got for my Acty a couple years ago were around 30 bucks a pop, and they matched the factory size perfectly. Those steelies look good though, where are the rest of the pics????

This is what I'm trying to keep. I'm going to take a shot at that FM bypass thing you linked, though I wonder how it will work with the weirdo-Japan FM frequency difference. Thanks for the recommendation!

Today I tackled replacing the tires on the Rugger with white letter KO2s because they are fantastic looking and are also just good tires. While I had the wheels off I took the time to check the brakes as there was a small shudder coming from the rear right, a very quick shudder and only happened at higher speeds while lightly pressing the brake pedal.

:eyepop:
So freakin' clean. Re-lubed the pins and hardware-moving bits as the lube that was there had long ago decided that 'putty' was a better lifestyle it wanted and did some crud-removal. Used the Bongo to take the wheels to a local place that will switch out wheels plus balance them for $60 bucks.

Result?

I don't know of a situation where KO2s aren't the best looking tire. The brakes operate much better than before, I guess the sticky slides were really hanging it all up. No more shudder either. :toot:

For the aux input we do this with the rare first gen rx7 that still has its factory radio. Open up the deck and find the input board for the tape and solder in an aux input then trip whatever mechanism that actually sees that there is actually a cassette in the deck. This should give you the aux input whenever you switch to the tape function. Wish I could help you more but I'm not familiar with the inside of that particular device.