Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I personally don't care what anyone drives safe or not, that's a personal choice.

Besides the whole "kei car vs f150" thing, car fleet considerations are kind of a special subject. No one would accept it if I one day just started running everywhere with my elbows straight out, and if someone complained just went "well, maybe you should just stick your elbows out as well if you don't want to get clocked in the face :smuggo:"

Except my elbows generally aren't capable of killing people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BlackMK4 posted:

it is super nice that you can drop a turd anywhere and not have to worry about fingering your butthole by accident or having to walk around with an rear end itch from sandpaper

Don't encourage street making GBS threads, my friend.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

French Canadian posted:

The drawback to Collector Plates is that you can't drive it in the month of January.

That's very random. I guess there is some kind of justification for that?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Luidi posted:

in Jacksonville with 1400 I paint my boat, my motorcycle and my jetski

If it wasn't for the circumstances, this would be a good thread title.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If we have to, overnight parts from Japan.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Weird how that Hilux looks basically brand new, but the extra lights look like they've spent 10 years in the ocean.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If you have to ask, you can't afford it. :v:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

track day bro! posted:

i was talking to the person saying if you have to ask you can't afford it

That was in no way a joke about the fact that it is, in fact, affordable for most people.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Japanese imports to the EU are plentiful, there's never been any legal hijinks in place like those 20 or 25 year rules in NA.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I might be completely off here, but it feels like the "luxury brand experience" wasn't as prevalent in Europe, Mercedes for example could make both work trucks and the S-class under the same brand while in the US the stratification of brands into clearly discernable upmarket/midmarket/down market seems to have been of greater importance?

To me, the most notable example of this is how every single upmarket brand (Lexus, Infiniti, Acura etc) have been created for or at least had their greatest market presence in the US. Many of them don't even exist in the EU except as private imports.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Sweden is overflowing with JDM imports, for some car models unless you specifically search for LHD imported ones is all you'll find, from untouched stock examples to (more commonly) "tuned" semi-trash.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The Toyota "Super Strut Suspension" is a pain in the butt in general, and most parts specific to it are less than cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
On the subject, obligatory braaaaaap video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-iV59F7E7s