Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Hey, am I remembering correctly that if I import a car from Korea, it'll be a left-hand drive one? Are there any sites specializing in left-hand drive minitrucks? I was looking at this and experiencing profound TruckLust but I am not a skilled enough driver to gently caress around with a right-hand drive dealy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
more like onee-chan service

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

KakerMix posted:

Missed this question before. The country doesn't determine the car in a finalized way, you can import LHD cars from Japan (see every Lancia ever) just as easy and the typical RHD Skyline. As for getting something exported from Korea I have no idea how that works. You also don't get the piece of mind in getting something maintained in Japan with their super-strict rules.
As for driving on right I'll say it again: it is a total non-issue. You'll flip the wipers on when you go to signal a couple times and that's it. Same rules, same flow, you're just sitting on the other side of the car. Most of the people we sell to are first time right hand drivers and they all adapt in actual minutes.

oh that's cool, i'll keep an eye out for LHD minitrucks too. excellent point on the history of maintenance, though, I hadn't even considered that.

The reason I'm trying to avoid RHD is because I'm bad at driving. I know you've probably dealt with a lot of people who are bad at driving, but please believe me when I say I'm bad enough that noone ever asks me for rides to the airport.

I'm, I just don't need to stack the deck further against myself, you know? I don't even gently caress with handheld electronics while driving. I've only had one roadkill incident (turkey) but I have been the cause of considerable accidental damage to municiple properties. I'm fairly gunshy about cars because of that.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
sadly there's no superbowl for "plowing through mailboxes after spilling hot bisque down my dress."

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

beep beep

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

snugglz posted:

are we just not gonna talk about this?

golgo 13 lookin rear end initial d but with balls out german industrial techno instead rear end-car

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
that's the car you buy when you run a bondage cafe in Ginza and all your waitresses wear PVC maid outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Midjack posted:

shut the gently caress up dumbass

has this, once, ever worked on me?

edit- you know what? nah. have fun being bitter while me and my charlies angels style colleagues try checking our side mirrors with a pirate's spyglass in our extremely not-for-crimes luxury sedan

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 22, 2020