Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cool OP. Have you ever seen any JDM NSXs come for sale or auction? I can't ever recall seeing one outside of Japan, on the road or for sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Japan got Minis with air con too! There's a few cars released worldwide that got better spec in Japan.

Japanese people really love Alpinas. Also British crap.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KakerMix posted:

All the time. Be aware that everyone knows what they go for now so they won't be much cheaper, if at all. Right now there are three up for auction, only one worth a drat because it has a manual transmission.

Downsides are it has some obvious repairs, it's been lowered, AC doesn't work (seemingly quite common in auctioned cars), radiator support is bent and it has cigarette burns on the interior. Kinda gaudy aftermarket wheels too but that can be fixed easy enough I suppose. Auction starts at $30,500 USD. If you can get one from a dealer lot the prices seem to start at around $42k for a 1991 w/ manual transmission and 47k miles and being heavily 'messed with'.
Or $67000 for this gorgeous untouched beauty with 16.5k miles.

This is true, I'll add this to the op.

Yeah you might fit in a Beat ok, Clarkson fit in one just fine and with the way it's designed you have quite a bit of room. As for the vans I'm 5'9" and have the seat all the way back.

Truthfully I'm not quite ready yet unless someone happened to be interested in the vehicles I'm already (selfishly) importing. If doing the importation thing is something that someone definitely doesn't want to do then I'll certainly lend my services to goons later. However it truly isn't that bad assuming you have the time to delicate to it.

Putting your name in the OP bub.

I actually think the wheels work with the Silver. And it makes sense, I supposed they aren't cheaper than a North American one.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My older cousin once told me that at the end of the 90s very early 00s AE86s could be had for basically nothing (because everybody wanted Integras and Civics) and he was kicking himself for not buying a very well kept '85 GT-S hatch for $1100 in 2002 or so. S13s were reasonably priced as well.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
ENOUGH! WE NEED FACTORY 80s RESTOMODS.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KakerMix posted:

That people are tells you exactly what you already know, that emotion is the thing not raw numbers.
There are far better vehicles than stupid tiny trucks and vans yet that's what I like, that's what I like to sit inside and make race car noises and what I like people to see me driving.

The BRZ/FRS isn't the AE86. There is no #rememberthe80s to it, there is no hatch, there is no black and white version, there is no wedge proportions and it just isn't the AE86. No pop-up headlights and doesn't have the same presence to it.

It's like if people drove the best car for them then we might all be in champagne Rav4s.

The AE86 also came as a coupe though.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DJ Commie posted:

Didn't Toyota built a few AE86s for that live-action Initial D movie like 15 years ago?

Cool if true. Well not the live action movies, which are pure AIDS. Big Anime Fan here.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't hate the 86/BRZ styling, it's just that cars designed between 1978-1992ish look much better. But the market seems to like bulbous, organic styling so we've been stuck with that for 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I just got back from Japan and I am really liking their goofy minivan-like the vehicles such as the Stepwagon.