Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Following this because a small part of me wants a R32/R33 Skyline as a midlife crisis car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I see all those pictures and I just hear Freiburger's voice raving in my head about how mint these are.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I agree, when you're on the road they are your roads, and when I am on them they are my roads. My rights end where yours begin and vice versa? If I am stuck behind one of these gimmicks doing 10 under chugging up MY road at 2700' elevation, I'm now infringed upon.

I hate being stuck behind a slow driver as much as the next guy so... Pass them?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That thing is a combination of mint and "so much room for activities!"

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

also gently caress shuffling cars around.

This. I didn't think it'd be that annoying, but it is obnoxious as gently caress to have to move one or both of my cars out of the driveway to be able to drive the truck. The next place I buy will absolutely have enough parking room to make sure the truck can be pulled out of the garage without moving anything else.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

bolind posted:

I'm not in the US and not a truck expert, but I believe they have. It's called a Dodge RAM.

[img-galaxybrain]

Congrats on the AZ1, that thing looks fun as hell.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KakerMix posted:

There is a lot of little things I have to un-gently caress with this car.

Well, it's not like anything about it is big :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Relevant: 1988 Hilux Surf on BaT.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

All the cool kids have hated Leno for a long time. Especially after how he hosed over Conan.

But without that we wouldn't have the Bugatti Veyron mouse.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'd have rather had 10 years of Conan on TTS. Also the bonus of Jimmy Fallon not being a thing.

I dunno, the laugh and "hell yes" about how expensive the bit is still gets me every loving time. That is the laugh of a man tasting the fruits of his most delicious revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxZVJLkWr1c&t=89s

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ferremit posted:

Holy poo poo $18K us for a crappy old surf???

If it wasnt for the chicken tax, i'd love to know what dual cab hilux diesels would go for...

poo poo, even with the tax there's probably money to be made there if you can find the right buyer. Just less than anything without the tax.

Alternatively, bolt some seats in the bed temporarily and claim it's Toyota's answer to the Brat!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

:drat:

This thread delivers.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

everdave posted:

And Nitro - yeah they don't care, I have had literally 100+ translated and probably 10-15 inspected.

You've got to figure they'll get multiple requests for the same cars sometimes too, so they can save some labor that way.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Mitsuoka is a real company. Pretty sure they're based on Nissans.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

dphi posted:

Now I want to see one drifting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2mNe_w2O08

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I mean, now I kinda want to import and LS swap one.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KakerMix posted:

It is done. :toot:

Since when did you turn into a slimeball rear end in a top hat? :mad:

(I kid, congrats)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I thought MariCar is finally getting sued to death by Nintendo?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

everdave posted:

it smells like 1990s Toyota which I want to bottle and apply to my body

New thread title there

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

bolind posted:

That's... a lot of kilometers. :stare:

And yet that still looks minty enough to be tempting.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Oh man that display thing in front showing every generation of Jimny :allears:

You should get one, hang it in your dealership, and stick "coming soon 2025" type stickers as appropriate on all of the future generations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

everdave posted:

that is what I was worries about

Get a reverse harness to repair it and then redo it the right way.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

"Oh hey, a Rugger on BaT, wonder if Kaker has..."

That first picture is perfect.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jomo posted:

I believe the Odyssey uses the CR-V CVT while Stepwagon uses the Civic 5 speed auto. I think the (Odyssey) issue is that the chassis weight is a bit much for the CVT of that era.

The Odyssey has the same issue as every other V6 / Hondamatic combo of that era, though I thought they were getting past that by 2006ish. Definitely not a CVT, I don't think Honda has paired a CVT to anything above a four cylinder yet.

All of the V6s they sell now are paired up with ZF transmissions in the 8-10 speed range.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Edit: nm misread

It's probably like BaT where if it doesn't meet reserve, they put the highest bidder in contact with the seller to see if they can make a deal anyway.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Those both look amazing.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

French Canadian posted:

This will ultimately lead to a goon export import business that implodes spectacularly

Imagine four Ruggers on the edge of a cliff.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BaT is entirely arbitrary on what they take and don't take. They listed a TJ Wrangler that was only notable for having low mileage and no modifications, but won't take toplitzin's Volvo.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Echoing everdave: Fill out the DOT form exactly matching the information for your actual car. Do not add zeros. You will regret this!

If nothing else, consider that pre-1981 cars still exist and usually didn't have 17 character VINs either. Most systems shouldn't puke on short VINs.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm sure it's just a mileage timer.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

poo poo's picking up in the last few minutes.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The rule is date of manufacture, not date of first registration, right?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Doesn't the main VIN tag usually have a month/year on it?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

French Canadian posted:

https://www.photomosh.com came up when I typed in vaporwave filter :confused:

Holy poo poo it's even better. It'd be perfect if all those much-newer cars weren't there.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

STR posted:

24 volt? :confused:

I think that was common for a lot of diesel trucks to provide more power for cranking.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The malfunction is proud of the abnormality.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sgt Fox posted:

Is that the new filter on the right? I really don't like the flow restriction on that...

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that, is the replacement actually an oil filter (or, an oil filter for engines and not something else)?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If you know the actual dimensions you need, Wix has an incredibly detailed search: https://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/FilterBySize.aspx?catid=3&styleid=7

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The OD of the gasket on that filter is 71mm, that's definitely too small. I'm not sure how much fudge factor there is but it seems like having only 1mm contact around the entire gasket surface would not be enough.

I'd say that Fleetguard looks like an interesting option, the photos of it sure look like it has the much wider case / gasket setup. Also found mention of the Wix WL7066 which their site only says is valid but does not have a replacement available.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

This discussion line is kinda funny given what Japan does and it being partially the reason for there being cheap cars to export

Japan also has a public transit system where calling it "world class" would be an insult.

Darchangel posted:

edit: yeah, declaring a thing illegal after the fact and penalizing based on that new illegality is unconstitutional, at both the federal and state level. That's going to get challenged as soon as someone has enough money to do so (which, frankly, is obscene that is a consideration...):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_post_facto_law

This is what we've devolved into as a country, unfortunately. Get enough short-term support at a given level and you can just write/pass whatever law you like, no matter how blatantly unconstitutional, and it only gets stopped if someone has the resources to bring it to court. If you're really lucky the lower courts might not even put an injunction in so the law might go into effect for some time before the courts finally toss it, and that last step is also a big if.