Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

That front end is a pretty cute big truck imitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

What's the biggest engine someone has managed to squeeze into a kei car?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

I was thinking a twitter thing could work (eventually unless you already have a following cultivated) as a secondary source of buyers. Anything cool would hopefully get retweets for a wider audience. Instagram seems like the same idea where you can hopefully cultivate an audience that has self selected as interested.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

Was thinking about this a little, my experience is with indie gamedev, but here are some other things that could work, especially in combination with twitter/insta and each other. Each part would link to all the others to encourage people getting on board in more than one way.

• youtube/twitch if you are willing to do a few hours a week talking about cars or showing how tos or something; an easy one would be shopping japanese auctions so people can watch vicariously (you might lose a few potential customers by showing them the inside track but plenty of people aren't going to want to deal with importing)
  • patreon if you have some kind of tips or tutorials; more as a way to keep people engaged than to actually make money (could just be a blog though)
  • a discord for people that like these types of cars
  • a blog w/ tech tips or reviews or something, probably just part of your website but it's a good way to drive traffic from people doing searches and help google think you are an information resource (in addition to being a store)

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

That's a pretty blue

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

whoa

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

Use it to get in the cab of one of those huge mining dump trucks

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That interior is loving wild. I love it!

I want E.T. headrests in every car now

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

What's the ABC era? All I could find was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_(1906_automobile)

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

I've only driven RHD once but it was much harder than I expected to judge the location of the corners of the car. It seems like it should be the same skill, just opposite sides, but somehow it wasn't.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

Oh god yeah, those things would gently caress you up if the tiles broke or you found a spot with no cover, the ones in tochigi were easily 20cm deep.

Japanese drivers are very good at squeezing through tight spaces at speed, with oncoming traffic.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

25yo Chevy suburbans would be a great impractical vehicle for japan

taqueso fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 4, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

That very question sounds to me like the pumpers might be an even better deal.

e: I would absolutely believe Japanese fire fighters sit on doilies to save the upholstery if someone told me that.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

It's so clean and a 40m ladder would be useful....

I wish I had a reason to get it, I'm kinda smitten

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

That sure doesn't look 25 years old

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

good luck

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

That's a great photo

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

STR posted:

The 2 battery diesels I've seen run them in parallel, so 12 volts but double the amps.

But now that I think about it, I think I remember asking the same question on another Prado he imported.

You can see they are connected in series unless one battery is built as a mirror of the other, and 6 ports for 6 cells = 12V each.

No expense spared, only the highest voltages!

beep-beep car is go posted:

As someone who spent his whole life in the Northeast, I can't get over how...not rusty that is. Like, do vehicles even rust in Japan?

Most cars are treated well, especially people that live in the city, because it is expensive to own, operate, and store a car. So, it's a status symbol and shows you have money and you keep that up with regular detailing. Most people can live without a car easily, with the exception of people way out in the sticks. So there isn't a huge population of people that get cars because they need to and don't care for them or can barely afford any maintenance. Except in the boonies, most cars are parked in a carport at the least and most likely in an underground garage. Oh and it doesn't snow in a lot of places so no salt.

Japan has strict inspections which might get rusty cars off the road some plus survivorship bias, no one bothers trying to import the rust bucket justys that probably exist somewhere.

taqueso fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 25, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

After reading back my post I realized I qualified non rural a bunch of times. My city's sister city is in tochigi, and quite rural. Plenty of kids with beaters around there. There were even abandoned rust heaps of cars in the woods, mossed over.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

That one is really good.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

That hi ace interior is great!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

You should keep that one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

everdave posted:

I appreciate it, and I was just giving Motronic a hard time...I don't think every safety rule should always be followed but I will always use the outriggers. It probably won't even get used by me again ready to put it up for sale. Anyone know someone needs one I would be happy to pay a referral fee!

This guy on SA forums 'everdave' needs one. I won't even take a referral fee.